Days of Our Lives - Fri., 1/25/19

Eric is having flashback of seeing Sarah in bed with Xander. He gets upset, tosses his coffee cup as Rex comes in, wondering what is wrong. Eric claims coffee was bad, Rex doesn't buy it, Eric cleans up the broken pieces. He gets dressed, Rex is yammering about Sarah, and what a jerk he himself was, wants her back. Eric tells him to fix things himself, keep him out of it, doesn't want to be involved with either Rex or Sarah, storms out.

Sarah is dreaming of coming on to Eric, wakes up to find Xander in bed next to her, all ready for Round 2, he says, waving a few pkgs. of condoms around. She says forget it, he presses, insisting they had such a lovely time last night. She reminds him she was drunk, pushes him away, telling him no, leave, get out of here. He does, as she throws (condoms) at him.

Eve & Jack are watching/listening to Jack's political speech, throwing his hat into the mayoral ring. They feel it is good, he wants to schedule a press conference, she says no, social media is way to go, and thus discovers Melinda Trask is running. Uh, oh. she rants about Melinda, no Jack doesn't know her, but she mentions Trask being unable to put Abigail in jail for murder. Jack is shock, my daughter killed someone. Not to worry, no proof.

JJ brings a couple of chocolate lattes back to the apt., where Haley has just finished flashing back to singing with JJ. He mentions Melinda running, why did Haley not tell him when he talked of his dad thinking of running for office. She suddenly has to go to work, puts on her coat, leaves.

Abe is reading the news in the square, Jen sees him, takes out her phone/recorder, asks if he has a statement. He sure does, but is upset Jen did not give him a heads up about Melinda running. She did call, left a ton of messages, which he realizes Sheila did not deliver. He rants about Melinda, who walks up, telling Abe he should talk about her to her face. She yammers, then tells Jen how Abe has admitted his office responsible for Xander walking, but has not made it public. She walks off.

Brady tells Chloe he is now CEO of Titan, she is happy for him, he thanks her for talking him into listening to what Victor had to say. Both talk of how the other has been their rock, stood by them, yada yada. Xander comes in for a drink, she says not open, so he then wants coffee, she has to take the kids somewhere, asks Brady to deal. Brady asks Xander to do as the lady asks, leave, they are not open.

And when Days came back on, 20 minutes later, we are ending the show. JJ is with Haley, trying to get her to open up about her secret, she does, tells him she is illegal, and undocumented immigrant. She said too much, runs off.

Rex has a flower bouquet, did not work, gives them to Chloe. She shows up at club, teases Brady about having an admirer. He says he did get rid of Xander.

Eric & Sarah arguing about her sleeping with Xander and why. She admits being mad at Rex, then Eric rejecting her. She has his hand in hers, is about to tell him why it bothered her, in walks Rex. What is going on here?

Jennifer is with Jack in the square, talking of him being a wonderful mayor, but won't get elected, too much baggage. He thinks because of raping Kayla, regrets it, feels he can get past it. She says no, there is more, tells of the company he ran with his dad dumping toxic waste, Abby getting ill. He is horrified he poisoned their daughter. Jen assures him she is o.k., had bone marrow donated, etc. She then asks if Eve told him all this when urging him to run for mayor. No, she did not. Jen pleads with him about Eve just using him, but Jack says he is not stupid.

Eve comes back to her room, opens the door to find Xander having made himself comfortable. What are you doing here? He smiles, we have some unfinished business.

Thanks, Poirot, for being such a trooper to hang in there with NBC and finish watching the show for us. It was worth it to me to know Jack is on the show today.

Is Eric ever ever going to be happy? He is just such a miserable person. I knew it would end up him thinking Eric and Sarah had sex. Especially with Eric's history. But hey! At least we know Sarah and Xander had safe sex so there won't be a little Xander running around. Well probably not. Condoms are only like 97% effective. (That would be a Friends reference. Sorry. I can't resist. )

I must have missed when Haley shared that Melinda was her sister?

Oh the mayor's race is gonna be so much fun. :sarcasm:

I swear.........I don't know how half the people in Salem even have any glasses or dishes. If I threw and broke a glass every time I thought about something that made me mad, I wouldn't have any glasses or dishes left. I think those who like to throw their glasses when they are angry should invest in Tupperware glasses and dishware. LOL!

Muzz, I think you've hit on something! They could get Tupperware as a sponsor and have one of the Salem ladies or gents talking to the others about how sturdy Tupperware is, that you could throw it across the room all day and never have to pick up the broken pieces!

I think I also must have missed JJ learning Melinda was Haley's sister, as it sure surprised me today when JJ referred to Melinda as such. But then, Days cuts scenes all the time, but then does flashbacks of stuff that really doesn't always matter. However, yes, there are those who miss a show or several, for whatever reason, so.....they get to see what they missed, which is not always so "must see". LOL

Admittedly I don't know much about the ins and outs of LEGAL immigration....but, why hasn't legal eagle Melinda tried to get her sister a green card? Or applied for legal entry for her? Under her correct name. Because right now Haley's last name is Chen, while Melinda's is Trask.
And where did Haley go to nursing school, under what name? Wouldn't the hospital have done a background check?
So.......is Haley using the name & identification of some LEGALLY entered immigrant? And if Melinda is legally here, why is Haley illegal?

Absurdity reigned supreme today.

Melinda: So she's running for mayor, perhaps on the Barracuda Party line. What's her campaign slogan -- Fire Hope Brady -- Jail Xander Cook -- I chew nails for breakfast?!

Jack: Apart from his sketchy past, Eve's cynical ploy of having a total amnesiac run for mayor (maybe on the New Know-Nothing Party line) could be embarrassing. Imagine his first press conference.
  • Q: Mr. Deveraux, what are you going to do to stamp out crime in Salem Park?; A: Where's that?
  • Q: Mr. Deveraux, what will you do about the situation on the piers?; A: What piers?
  • Q: Mr. Deveraux, how will you improve Salem High's graduation rate and test scores?; A: Salem has a high school?
  • Q: Mr. Deveraux, would you get rid of Hope Brady and rename Roman Brady as police commissioner?; A: Who's Roman Brady?
  • Q: Mr. Deveraux, don't you think that Salem needs better transportation connections to Chicago?: A: Chicago, sorry, but I've never heard of it.
Roman: He ought to run too. Why not? After all, historically saloon-keepers played an active part in politics. And imagine all the votes he might get by holding campaign rallies at the pub with free beer, Wanchai Ferry, EJ Chow, and chowder for all.

Sami: She can complete the insanity by bringing Mummy EJ back and running him for another term as mayor. His campaign song could be "Walk Like an Egyptian."

Rex-Sarah-Eric: Won't they ever shut up and go away. If I was a Salem voter, I'd vote for any candidate who promised to run them out of town.

Eve: Nobody more deserves to come back to their room and find Xander lurking there than she does.

Brady: Why not hire Xander for something? Wouldn't it be better to have him on team than outside, throwing rocks. Just give him a special post in Athens, Singapore, or Buenos Aires.

Haley: Why is she upset about being undocumented? In a town where murderers, kidnappers, rapists, and thieves roam free, an undocumented alien isn't even worth mentioning.

Xander was great. I liked the Jack & Jennifer scenes too. Eric should’ve went with Rafe. I’m so tired of him being a angry judgmental mope. He never should’ve given up on Holly because this forced triangle with Rex and Sarah will never be anything I want to watch.

And if Melinda is legally here, why is Haley illegal?
Crummy writing.
Why is she upset about being undocumented? In a town where murderers, kidnappers, rapists, and thieves roam free, an undocumented alien isn't even worth mentioning.
:clap::clap::clap:

I'm not here for Sarah grovelling to Eric. Days missed an opportunity for a strong female character to be unapologetic about her one-night stand. This doesn't make her a bad person.

It really annoys me that "breaking news" interrupts Days so often. The news could have been delivered in <3 minutes. (And for the record, NBC broke in 5 minutes before ABC did.)

Back