Days of Our Lives - Fri., Apr. 20, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, April 20, 2018

At one point today, it seemed like Robin Hood challenging the Sheriff of Nottingham to a duel, as Abigail battled Gabby for control. But first..replays of yesterday's endings. Stefan deposits an indignant Vivian in the bunker with Marlena, he is sorry. Kate pounds on the door to Stefan's room, Gabby finally opening it, to a startled Kate. She thinks she is looking at Abby, wonders why she is in those clothes, the wig. Gabby pretends to be Abby, takes advantage of the unsuspecting Kate, and manages to do her in with a candlestick. Well, knock her out. Stefan arrives, what have you done, Gabby explains, and now, down to the bunker goes Kate. Gabby follows, Stefan scolds her, they go back upstairs.

John sits at the Pub, in comes Paul to meet him, complaining that Kate was so eager to know what he found out, but not answering phone or texts. John tells about the missing Marlena, who did not come home last night. They mull over what has gone down, conversation between John & Abigail, Paul also noting Abby hasn't been herself of late. John notes Marlena sent message she was delayed with a client, but John checked her schedule, last appt. was Abby, who told John Marlena had cancelled. Both guys figure they should check at the DiMera house, question Abby as to where Marlena might be.

Rafe & Hope decide to fake out the security guard in Hong Kong with Shawn's help, which they evidently get. He gets the extra footage, they run thru it but the gal with the dark hair continually has her face away from the camera. Stefan warned her well. Rafe mulls over how familiar she seems, starts putting 2 and 2 together, and concludes that there is not 2 women, just Abigail. They go over the footage slowly again, Hope notes this is where I saw her, going into Stefan's. They go frame by frame, and bingo. Face is turned and both Rafe & Hope realize, it IS Abigail.

Chad sits with Gabi, who goes off on him about his lying wife, is totally upset, but settles down finally. Chad assures her everyone, and he does mean everyone, is working on getting her out of there. He checks his phone, listens to the message from Kate. Gabi hears it as well. He calls, leaving Kate a message he is on his way. He hugs Gabi, this could be it, leaves. Gabi calls Justin with this piece of news, is very excited.

Back at DiMansion, the 3 women exchange a bit of snark, especially Kate/Vivian. Marlena is angry as she learns Viv has known about the split personalities, all is explained to a shocked Kate. Now Marlena talks of turning Stefan in since he confessed killing Andre to her. Viv denies it, says he was covering, they all think now that Gabby did the deed. Nope, wasn't Gabby. It was Abigail. Cue the jaws dropping.

And then to Stefan & Gabby upstairs, where he is declaring his love, not wanting to lose her, they have to leave and leave now. But we also see Abigail, who is struggling to get out (black and white), hearing Kate's voice, which eventually vanishes. She is talking, wanting Chad. Stefan and Gabby are unable to resist their attraction, are kissing, but, in black & white, Abigail feels the kissing, it is not Chad, it is Stefan, she is pushing him away. And in color, Abigail has regained control, pushes Stefan away from her, (Yayyy, Robin Hood, lol) why are you kissing me, what am I doing in these clothes, this wig? He calls for Gabby, come back to me, come back, Abigail is horrified......and now in black and white it is Gabby who wonders where she is, what happened.

Stefan is calming Abigail down, pleading for Gabby to return to him, repeating over and over he loves her. And oops, Gabby is back, asking who came out. Stefan replies it was Abigail, Gabby says she knew it, she has been feeling her for some time, trying.

Now they are talking again of leaving, he has the plane ready, all fueled, a private island, they can stay forever. She wants him now, he says no, last time Abigail appeared, but Gabby feels it won't happen again, she will stay in control. They kiss, and yep, off comes his jacket, shirt, and next they are in bed, having sex. We see them in afterglow, he asks how was it. Wonderful, no Abby, doesn't feel her at all. They are kissing.

Downstairs, Chad has come home, calls out for Kate, no answer. He goes upstairs, opens the door the Stefan's bedroom. Stefan breaks away from Gabby, looks at the upset Chad. He is pointing his finger, yelling to turn around, turn around. And finally, slowly, Gabby does so. Cue the very shocked look on Chad's face, as he recognized his wife, despite the dark hair.

It's the very last scene, DDD......if you watch the show or tape, just turn it off when Chad comes home and begins going upstairs.

We have to wait til Monday to see if Gabby snarks off to him, or if a horrified Abigail returns, gaining control!

I give Marci Miller (Abby) kudos for this back and forth portrayal.

Barb, I just read the recap, so what happened with Stefan and "Gabby" is most definitely rape.
Oh, absolutely. Abigail came out, pushed Stefan away, told him to stop kissing her, get away from her, and he then held on to her, not letting her leave as she was trying to do, and pleaded with Gabby to return. Abby was saying don't call me that, why are you calling me that......and he was all the more persistent.

As to a baby.....there is such a backlash to this turn of events.....I just cannot imagine Days going there. Of course, they already have 6 mos ahead filmed, so who knows. But they just did this variation on it with Lani/JJ/Eli.......so it would be overkill.

Frankly, I am sick and tired of all the one night stand children showing up in Salem, whether as adults, or babies. Plus the "I think so and so is the father" when so and so is not the father. Happened far too many times in Salem.

Anywhere but Salem, Mr. Sleaze could easily be charged with rape. By any legal standard, Abigail's alters cannot give valid consent for Abigail the real person. The actions of Vivian's creepy son are the functional equivalent of a person engaging in sexual relations with an incompetent mental patient. That said, here are a few questions.
  • If Kate is generally regarded as being so tough that she could eat nails for breakfast, why can't she chew right through that door and free herself and her fellow prisoners?
  • Kate seemed genuinely shocked when she saw "Gabby." When was the last time the worldly, cynical Kate was actually shocked -- when Lyndon Johnson was president?
  • Who knew that the hard-headed Kate could be knocked out so easily? The Kate the viewers know and often love to hate could have shrugged off "Gabby's" blow and then knocked her senseless with a good right uppercut.

They kiss, and yep, off comes his jacket, shirt, and next they are in bed, having sex. We see them in afterglow, he asks how was it. Wonderful, no Abby, doesn't feel her at all. They are kissing.
Disgusting. No further comment about this storyline until StefanNo is gone and Abby's had a long, long, long rest in a mental institution.

@Dr.Bakerfan.....lol...and let's not forget Kate was knocking so hard on the door, saying she could break it down. Guess the bunker door is thicker or steel or something??

Yes :clap::clap: to the arrest & jailing of that pig in sheep's clothing. He needs a shrink perhaps more than Abby.

Don't you wonder just WHY the writers thought this would be such a good idea???

I have to agree that this was hard to watch. After Sami & EJ, you would think there were enough rape-y, controversial stories. Nobody seems to want this pairing, either, so I have no idea who decided to make this a main storyline on the soap. Definitely didn't see Chad realizing it was Abigail at the end either, or Hope & Rafe realizing. I hope that means the beginning of the end for this storyline. I have a nagging feeling that Gabi & Chad might reunite. I definitely wouldn't be opposed.

Pretty good show and cliffhanger. I wonder what happens next week? Will Gabby/Abigail be arrested by Rafe and Hope? Will John and Paul come to the rescue of Marlena and Kate and Vivian? Will Stefan cover for Gabby and confess to the police that he killed Andre? Will there be an unexpected twist none of us can predict?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back