Days of Our Lives - Fri., Apr. 28, 2017

Victor is a old coot now. lol. The ground has settled around him and the air is nice and fresh. Enter lil brother and his lust for Nicole leads to Brady getting shot by the very one Victor wanted offed. All this other fluff can wait. I'm going to see what happens next.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great hearing Pookie's name today.

Did anyone else notice the waitress gave Kayla a check after dinner?
I think that's what she got.

Interesting to learn Tripp has gone to college. I guess if he wants to
go in the medical field it won't take him too long to finish :)

Brady and Nicole spoke too soon about their happy life together.

Since Brady has Daniel's heart, will he have to save himself?

Jade tripped over her tongue when she spoke to Tripp. He said something
and she said who. That got him wondering about things.

Thanks for the summary. A pretty good show.

Gotta admit, I'm so disappointed that Tripp just can't get over the Ava thing. He never even knew her, and has only heard awful things! I get that it'd be unrealistic for him to forgive Patch so soon, but still, it's annoying! And Jade needs to keep her mouth shut! That was a close call already today!

I thought only Lucas made frittatas! In any case, Deimos made a big mistake if he sent Xander to fetch Nikki! How does he think Victor will react? Vic has already been patient enough with him! Deimos is bringing a world of hurt on himself. I do look forward to Sonny and Paul arriving to hopefully save the day! It was good to see Pookie get mentioned.

Glad Gabi gave Abigail a piece of her mind. The girl is pathetic! I agree with Abby about Gabi's relationship with Eli, but she had no business telling that to him, especially if she's friends with Gabi! Awful!

So I can see it now, this time next year, Tripp will be a fully fledged doctor working at University Hospital :sarcasm:. Hopefully before that happens, he finally wakes up to the fact that his mother was completely psycho and accepts Steve and Kayla as his family and forgives Joey for killing Ava.

Abby irritated me with her argument with Gabi today. I don't blame her for walking out on Chad, he's the one at fault because he had feelings for two different women at once, but she should not believe Gabi should just waltz in and take over with Chad after she left. Gabi has not been coming between Chad and Abby, and she's trying very hard to move on with her life with Eli. If Abby was unable to accept that Chad was less than committed to one woman, why should Gabi accept that?

I feel Chad and Abby belong together, but this break will be a good thing for them. Chad needs to sort out his feelings and realize Abby is his only love while Gabi was an infatuation, and Abby can develop as an independent woman, as she has always lived with Jennifer, then with Ben, and finally with Chad. She's never been on her own and she needs to become her own woman to grow as a person.

I think Jen has an excellent point....
If Abby was unable to accept that Chad was less than committed to one woman, why should Gabi accept that?
Who is Abby to be making these decisions for others? Gabi was right in saying she is tired of Abby playing God.

Abby is the one who started this mess when she returned to Salem, and refused to let Chad know she was alive. He was not yet all that attached to Gabi yet. But no, Abby saw them together once, and decided she should remain playing "dead".

but right now, this all is in Chad's lap. He is the one causing the problems. He can say it over and over and over about being committed to his wife and family, but his actions say different. Deimos was aware of that, which is why he purposely put chad & Abby together in that meat locker, and BALONEY on having to strip, that was a crock. And then Deimos did it again, with poisoning both women and cruelly giving Chad only enough antidote for one. And while Chad managed to give each woman half..........there he was, unable to truly decide on his wife.

Gotta save the wife, and the girlfriend, too. Sort of like those men who have a mistress they do not want to give up, but won't leave their wives.

Chad & Gabi may never have gone as far as getting physical, but they have been very close. Interesting it was always Chad who called a halt.

True, yep. But the fact remains that he only went to wife first because he knew Gabi could "catch" the vial. That is how it was portrayed via those stupid high school baseball fake flashbacks, and that is what Abby realized later.

Not pinning roses on Abby, she was wrong, but Chad has strung both women along, while he pined after them both. He is the one causing the disruption in his marriage. And whatever assurances he offers to his wife evidently do not ring true to her.

Hey, this whole story is a trainwreck, poorly written, dragged out too long.

Andre is the one who helped hide Abby with her grandmother, then arranged for her to be "dead" in the plane crash. Why? And does Chad give him any hassle? Nope. He invites him to live in the house.
Kate is constantly pushing for Chad to be with Gabi. Why? Does Chad tell her really plainly to shut up, it is not going to happen. Nope. He also invites her to live there. His wife must love that, right? And now Kate is leading Chad around by the nose, having him delve into illegal activities, which he swore to avoid.

Ugh to it all.

And that includes this stupid "Nicole on the run" story as well.

So he had to figure out how to save them both, and he knew Gabi could catch, big deal. He handed it to his wife, making sure she got it, and he took the chance that Gabi would catch it. Difference of opinions.

Chad has told Kate to shut up about Gabi, more than once. He has never just went along with what Kate says about being with Gabi. I don't see how he is stringing anyone along. He deserves a little time to stop caring about Gabi. Even Abby realizes it's her fault he developed feelings for someone else.

It's been Abby forcing him to go see Gabi. He was ready and eager to renew his vows, how is that stringing Abby along? And now Abby left him, and he still is not going to Gabi. I just don't see any stringing along. If anything Abby is stringing Chad along, again, just like she did when she was engaged and living with Ben.

Last edited:
Hey, this whole story is a trainwreck, poorly written, dragged out too long.
'Nuff said. Burn 'em all. Scenes lately have me pining for a fireball to destroy the DiManse with the alleged love triangle and their smarm advisers (Kate and André) inside while Lucas is babysitting Arianna and Thomas.

Good idea! LOL

I did not complain that Chad saved them both, I think anyone would have tried to do just that.

But Kate is truly causing a problem. She has more or less told Abby she should step back and let Chad & Gabi be together, and she constantly brings it up to Chad. By now, he should have said if she doesn't cease, then she can no longer live there. He also should have done a thumbs down on the illegal activity she proposed. He should have not invited either Andre or Kate to live there. It was as if he wanted to push Abby to go as far as she did.

But, I don't know. The storyline is stupid, ridiculous, and any other adjective that might fit.

I am all in favor of Abby getting a backbone, doing something for herself, becoming a stronger person. (Same goes for Gabi, standing up to Julie))

But over all, I really want someone to face off with Julie big time, about Nick. She claimed she knew he was no saint, but did she really know what he did?

And the same goes for Tripp. He also claims to have heard all these bad things about Ava, but still is insisting she was a nice lady. He seems like a smart young man, but his thinking is as warped as Julie's. And finally, Chad needs the same kind of wake up call.........as does Abby...Both need to realize fully what their actions, and inactions have caused.

I haven't been paying close to attention to the Deimos, Nicole and Brady stuff. Was it actually said that Xander is working for Deimos or is he working alone? I would think he would hate Deimos at this point.

I'm tired of seeing the same characters 4/5 days of the week.

Aha! Found the following on this page http://daysofourlives.wikia.com/wiki/Xander_Cook

Xander found Nicole at Daniel's grave, and held her at gunpoint. Nicole and Deimos Kiriakis, Xander's uncle who had previously visited him, made a deal to let him go if he didn't hurt Nicole; Xander agreed to their terms. Deimos was supposed to lead Xander into a trap that would send him back to prison, but Deimos helped Xander fake his death, believing Xander could be of use to him one day.

Back