Days of Our Lives - Fri., Apr. 5, 2024

The Everett/Bobby story is weird. If Everett can’t remember being married and they have proof that he is Bobby, and if he doesn’t want any attachment to that person, why not just sign the papers and pretend he was never married to Jada in the first place?

If I recall, someone mentioned that Blake Berris (Everett/Bobby/Nick) was only supposed to be on for a few weeks then the writer strike began. Could be this story was never really fleshed out and they’re making it up as they go, which would explain the inconsistencies, like running away from the Pub the first time he saw Jada through the window.

New Tate would be more believable as a SORAS’ed Parker, who should be older than Holly and Tate. Then hire someone who looks more physically like Jamie Martin Mann (ex-Tate) and is the same age. Leo Howard (new Tate) looks like he should be hanging with the Johnny/Chanel crowd.

Ari Zucker (Nicole) has been knocking it out of the park the past week in her scenes. I really hope there is some way she gets back in the cast and on screen again.

Could be this story was never really fleshed out and they’re making it up as they go, which would explain the inconsistencies
That sounds like the storyline back in 2003-2004 (the Salem Stalker) when the writers decided to kill off Abe, Maggie, Jack, Caroline, Cassie, Roman, Tony (really Andre), Doug, Alice, Victor and Marlena. You could tell they were making it up as they went along because there were so many inconsistencies. Then the viewers were so outraged that NBC/Sony told Days to fix it, no matter how ridiculous the explanation, so we got Melaswen. And even that part of the storyline, plus the fallout, didn't really make sense either.

I don’t think new Tate looks that old, and old Tate was great, but not around long enough to have established the character’s look. I’ll give the new actor a chance. Maybe he’ll find a way to convince me why anyone is enamored with Holly, who is reaching Rachel-level brattiness with none of the intelligence of her much younger stepcousin.

We’re headed for some Romeo and Juliet mess. At least these characters are young enough to be realistically this silly, unlike Harris chasing Ava or every decision Stefan has made in the last six months.

This Bobby/Everett thing is dumb unless he’s faking. Sign the papers. He’s being irrational and trying to pass it off as some kind of integrity or emotional block, like he’s too noble to sign another name and just can’t do it. If you don’t remember her, just give her what she wants. Who cares? If he’s not really Bobby, that’s Jada’s problem.

So why would a scheming Everett want to be married to Jada? Is it a scam? Does he know of some inheritance or something she’s getting? She's not rich. He doesn’t love her. Is he toying with her in some sick game?

I was curious about where this was going, but now, I’m just annoyed. If we weren’t being subjected to Konstantin, I’d say this is the biggest time waste going.

I was curious about where this was going, but now, I’m just annoyed. If we weren’t being subjected to Konstantin, I’d say this is the biggest time waste going

Sorry but in my opinion, Tripp and Wendy are the biggest time waste. But the two you mentioned round out my top three:

Tripp and Wendy
Konny
Everett/Bobby/Jada/Stephanie

They could all leave Salem in a hoodie, going out of the pub like Philip and I'd never miss them or wonder what was happening.

If he refuses to sign, she can file a petition for the dissolution of marriage. This can be done without the spouse signing off.

They could also do a contested divorce.

The next problem is even with fingerprint proof, Everett/Bobby has mental issues identifying as Bobby. Mental illness does not stop a divorce.
This is correct. The perpetually-enraged Jada can still get a divorce from Bobby/Everett and his beard. (Even Sloan could handle this.) It would be quite a world if a person couldn’t get a divorce simply because his/her wretched spouse won’t sign the papers.

If you don't pay your rent for 5 months you get evicted. In the real world anyway.
This would make for quite a scene. Imagine Eric, Sloan, and Baby Jude sitting on the sidewalk surrounded by luggage and furniture. Of course Roman would come to the rescue, meaning Jude would have all the fun of growing up in the Pub.

Finally, airhead Holly must be the only girl in Salem High. It’s the only explanation for why the Tot would still be interested in somebody who was willing to see him go to jail.

All because she didn't want her mommy to know the truth about her drug use. Nicole's been through so much that having a teenager who drinks and does drugs barely ranks above Pookie doing his business on the DiMansion rugs.

We need to find out that Rory had a son with some random Salem girl, Rory Jr., who's been SORAS'd and is now attending Salem High. He and Holly could be quite the stoner couple. They could run for class president and vice president under the Party Hardy ticket. Imagine Rory Jr. being excited to set up a weed growing room in one of Uncle Rolfie's old labs in the DiMansion basement.

I swear that's the plot of a semi recent movie (as in the last 10 years or so), in which there are twin boys and a mentally unbalanced mother. Throughout the movie, the twins interact with the mother, then at the end you find out the one twin was dead the whole time. The living twin just imagined him around all the time, and even took on some of his personality traits, after seeing his mother kill the twin (or maybe the twin accidentally died at the mother's hands). Does anybody remember a movie like this?

I don't watch horror films, but was the film something called Goodnight, Mommy? (the synopsis sounds pretty close to what you describe.

There was a Netflix series a couple of years ago called Echoes. The description:

The miniseries is a mystery thriller about identical twins Leni and Gina, who share a dangerous secret. They have secretly swapped lives since they were children, culminating in a double life as adults where they share two homes, two husbands, and a child. Their world is thrown into disarray when one of the twins goes missing.

Back