Days of Our Lives - Fri., Aug., 24, 2018

Let's all take a moment to remember that EJ died in the private area of the Square after getting iced by Clyde's sub-goon Miguel.

He died in Sam-me's arms.

Kristen injected him at the morgue.

His resurrection would violate Days' already-tenuous grasp on their established "magic serum" reality ... to what end? An EJ recast? Doubtful.

Furthermore - as great as most of this episode was, it's eminently un-rewatchable and Sami actually raised the gun after Kristen's claims were aired. I don't care if she's drugged - this is ridiculous.

I will also say a thing that, for me, kept it from being great - really the show as a whole at the moment - is the storyline isolation. Budgets be darned, the entire cast should be at this wedding and having at least a few-minute conversations about their storylines.

This wedding day should have been the whole week (morning on Monday, right before the wedding on Tuesday, the lineups, meetups, etc on Wednesday, then the vows & readings on Thursday, Friday was fine); then the stories/other actors could be spread out a bit and thus save some cash. That way folks who love John & Marlena and are tuning back in might get hooked on another story (not that any of them is really that interesting at the moment...but that's my point...).

Thanks for the summary!!!

To me he got rather annoying,
I did, however, find Sonny a bit pushy towards Will.
I really am sorry Will and Paul seem to be doomed - I also found Sonny to be WAY too pushy and demanding of Will's thoughts and feelings. Give him some time to work through all the new rememberings and feelings!:rolleyes:

I finally watched. I got impatient and irritated watching the interruption of the wedding. There were plenty of occasions when someone could have taken the gun away from either Kristen or Sami, especially Sami, and especially before she got on the E.J. track. Before Eric tried (and I give him credit for at least trying) to get the gun, there sat Paul, not a foot away from Sami's side. It wouldn't have taken much of a hero to reach out and grab the gun from where he sat. I think it was Poirot who pointed out there were all these men who've been around the world saving people and they just stood there looking helpless. Also, Abe, instead of threatening her with jail, might have pointed out that she'd only get off one shot before the rest of them would rush her and put an end to her. I guess it wouldn't have worked though. She could see how all those brave men were standing around looking dumbfounded. Meanwhile, Kristen just raved on and on and on.

To leave on a more positive note. I do like this actress playing the part of Kristen.

Back