Days of Our Lives - Fri., Aug. 29, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, August 29, 2014

Gosh I really love Tad! We need more of him. Replay of Ben & Abby kissing in the storage room, her brief flashback of her & EJ in another storage room, she pushes Ben away. He immediately apologizes, was coming on too strong, She says no, no, a knock at the door, tis Tad. He forgot he was supposed to help, opens the door. When he sees Abby, he is sorry, did not interrupt....nope, she is leaving now that Ben has other help, and departs. The guys go back up to the Club, carrying some boxes. Tad has to go take some bills and papers to Sonny, Ben will cover.

At the apartment, Sonny returns, Will is sullen, Sonny insists they talk. Will finally agrees, wants Sonny to just listen, and then proceeds to have a big pity party. He talks of when Sonny first came to Salem, having done all the things he did, traveled the world, even climbed K-2, all of it on his own, with no one's help. And Will contrasts that with how he could not even come out of the closet. How he went and got Gabi pregnant. Even drunk college guys use protection, but he didn't. He did not even think about her, and the pregnancy should never have happened. He loves Ari with all his heart, but it should never have happened. Sonny tries to interject with a couple excuses, Will won't have it. He talks of how he let his father go to jail for him, and how he blamed everything on his mother. Sonny thinks that is so, but Will insists he is a screwup, and doesn't want to talk any more, goes into the bedroom. Sonny leaves.

Victor is talking to Maggie at home, has something to tell her. He takes his time, but confesses to owning TruVista magazine, and that the idea of the article was his. Maggie begins to rail at him about Abigail, but Sonny comes in, tells her to stop, it was all his fault. He asked Uncle Vic to get Will the job. Victor then interjects that Will got the job on his own, and was assigned the article. Yes, Vic could have had him taken off, but he didn't. Sonny will have none of that, he knew Will was writing the article, and should have protested to Will. It is all his fault, and Will did not put Abby's name into the article, Sami did that when she was asked to comment. Victor notes he did not know Abby's name had been inserted until it was already online and in print. Vic & Sonny now argue about who is more at fault, until Maggie stops them, holding her head.Victor tells Sonny he is a brave kid, he is proud of him. When Sonny is gone, Maggie cannot stay mad at her husband. She was about to rail at him but good, and then saw how he treated Sonny, how much he loves kids, and knows he would not have done anything to purposely hurt Abby. He promises to never make another move like this without thinking "what would Maggie do?"

Jordan meets up with Rafe in the square, his request, with Rafe telling her he spoke to his friend about Abby, the job is already filled, but the friend will watch out in case anything else comes up. Clyde watches them talking. She thinks Rafe could have texted her this info, but.....he claims any excuse to see her. She thanks him, and leaves. Clyde comes up with his sweet talking speeches, glad they are getting along, wants his little girl to be happy, yada, yada. Rafe nicely tells him he doesn't like talking about Jordan with her father, has to go, Bye.Clyde's parting shot is to thank Rafe for introducing him to Ms. Roberts, who seems such a nice lady. She is, replies Rafe.

EJ & Sami are lunching at the Pub, she gets a text, is disturbed by it, doesn't tell EJ what it is, only says the name Stefano, and she rushes off. Over at the Club, Kate sits at a table when Julie comes in. Seems Julie just returned from a yoga cruise, and is filled with all this peace and contentment. Her spiritual eye is opened, and more words in that vein. She gives Kate a little statue of BuddhaI think that is what it was) telling her it will give her great comfort and peace. Kate sees the TruVista magazine cover, is muttering about what the heck this is. Tad comes up, apologizes, it is his mag, good story. Kate gets all nervous, won't say why, but has to go. Tad gives the mag to Julie to read. Kate leaves, but not before returning the Buddha to Julie. She says Julie is going to need it more than her.

EJ is in the square, frantically trying to find out what is going on with his father. Along comes Julie, wants to talk to him. EJ doesn't need another lecture, has heard enough of them already from everyone. But Julie has no intention. She has stumbled herself, we all make mistakes, continue on with the path of life, maybe stumble again. She is casting no stones at all.....more peace, love and contentment. She mentions needing to get away after what happened with Nick, and it was very good for her. She has a completely different outlook on life now. She holds EJ's hands, wishing him well, and hurries off. He looks at the Buddha she slipped into his hands.

Jordan spots Abby on the park bench, tells her what Rafe did and said. Abby is grateful. They talk a bit about Ben, Abby decides she has to go tell Ben what a nice time she had earlier. She goes to the club, says hi to Ben, he aplogizes again, no need, she tells him. She is about to explain, EJ walks in, sees her, walks out. Ben sees her looking at EJ, tells her "never mind, I understand", and walks away.

Clyde stops Jordan, more of his southern charm and innuendo conversation. He mentions meeting Kate Roberts, such a pretty lady, so nice, blah, blah. He asks if Jordan knows her. Jordan has to go, is late. She hurries off, Clyde looks after her.....Bull'seye, he murmurs.

Kate returns home, Sami is frantic, tells her Stefano is returning home. Impossible, he will be arrested, says Kate. Oh, no, he pays the back taxes, some fines, and he is free as a bird. Kate thinks they need confirmation, they hurry down to the cop shop, and wait for Rafe in his office. When they tell him about Stefano, he hurries off, returns and tells them the bad news. The prosecutor so eager to nail Stefano & EJ has been replaced. Kate & Sami figure DiMera money found it's way to more corrupt officials. Rafe said nothing will be settled until the hearing before a judge.....and that is tomorrow morning. Yep, they figure Stefano's plane will land the minute after the judge pounds his gavel.

Tad arrives at the apartment with the bills for Sonny. Will says Sonny isn't there, he will give them to him. Tad comes in, saying it's o.k., he will wait. He then tells Will what kind of friend would he be if he left when he knows something is wrong, Will is upset about something. Will asks if he isn't going to lecture him about the article. Nope, he may not have liked somethings said about Abigail, but figures Will had to have his reasons. Tad now talks of them being friends for so many years, had some rough patches, got thru them. Admits the last one was his fault, hard to believe he was so stupid and such a jerk. But they got past it all. (Great conversation) Sonny comes in, Tad tells him of bringing the bills, is leaving....and before he closes the door, says he always heard the first year is the hardest. LOL
Will decides he has to go, Sonny says NO. This is going to be settled. I cannot continue like this.

Julie today actually reminded me of how Alice Horton might have handled this situation (not that I think anyone should give Junior a pass). Makes me wish Julie and Doug were living in the Horton house and it was once again the moral center of Salem.

Maybe the show paid attention to all the comments about nasty, busybody Julie, how unlike her, etc. Then again, maybe this is just a temporary thing with Julie, since she just returned from her cruise to inner peace.

I do give Susan Hayes (Julie) credit. She pulled off that "contentment" bit rather well.

What a surprise -- real voices of reason were heard in Salem today: T talking good sense to brat boy Will about his troubles with Sonny and Julie recognizing that when it comes to throwing stones, she (and most other Salemites) lives in a glass house. What's not all that surprising is that Stefano could avoid prison time for failing to pay his taxes. Sure Al Capone and Wesley Snipes both went to jail, but numerous celebrities over the years who owed the IRS millions and then simply agreed to pay the back taxes, interest, and penalties did no jail time. Finally, those who detest creepy Clyde and want him gone immediately should hope that Stefano is a squirrel lover who spends his spare time feeding them in Salem Park. Then if the Poplar Bluff pervert decides to shoot a few for his stew pot, the likes of Ricardo and Sergio might be sent to terminate him with extreme prejudice.

Another boring show. EJ looked SO out of place at The Pub with Sami it wasn't funny. And these 2 don't do small talk well. In any event thankfully Sami ran out early so I could digest my lunch.

I do think EJ is working with Stefano and Kate as well. I think she is playing Sami.

Jordan and Abigail: SO out of place and contrived

Rafe and Jordan: Still don't care however, I'd rather they fight about Sami instead of Kate

I liked Abigail's outfit. Forgot to mention yesterday.

I was shocked when Julie opened her mouth and said what she did. It was a lot
better than all the yelling and screaming she usually does. Maybe more of Salem's
residents should go on a yoga cruise.

It was funny Julie said she bought Buddha's in bulk. I wonder what EJ will
do with his.

I didn't like Clyde much before today. After we found out what he does in the falll
I don't like him at all now. mouse like squirrel
images

Kate and Sami must not have given much thought to their plan. Didn't they realize
Stefano would come back to town? And I don't think he'll be going on a yoga
cruise before he gets back either :)

Great seeing Tad.

It was nice to hear somebody finally tell EJ that he is not evil incarnate JUST because he slept with Abigail (he may very well be for other reasons I just don't think that's one of them) it was just odd for it to be Julie.

It was nice to see her show some compassion and understanding but I can't think of how just a couple of months ago according to Julie he was a "snake" and an "unscrupulous attorney" now she's referring to him as "my dear" and just being warm and fuzzy to him. It was just too big of a turn in my oh so very humble opinion. Enlightenment is a wonderful thing I just found it hard to swallow in this case.

Clyde gets creepier by the episode and I like it. Waiting impatiently to find out exactly what he did to Jordan and Ben, if anything.

I laughed out so loud to both Sami and Kate waiting to see Rafe in his office. Talk about awkward. And Sami's just poking through confidential police files like she's reading the Sunday paper. Rafe just looked at her with a look that said "Really" :rotfl::rotfl:

Today saw the return of the Julie Williams I love. And I agree with everyone who's said that Doug and Julie would be perfect to take up residence in the Horton house and become the rightful heads of the Horton family. I enjoyed Julie's scenes with EJ a little too much. She almost had me feeling sympathy for EJ.

Is Ben upset with Abby because she wouldn't go all the way in the storage closet or is he jealous of EJ.

I just wanted to add to my previous post that while it was nice to see Julie be compassionate with EJ (which still found really odd) it would have been really nice if she had showed a LITTLE bit the same for Gabi. I doubt this will happen, but I kind of hope we get a scene where the newly enlightened Julie tells Rafe that she has had time to reconsider what she said in the courthouse.

That while she will never believe that what happened to Nick was justified that she can concede that he went off the rails and perhaps HAD made Gabi feel backed into a corner. That he was not blameless in what happened to him. And then add that she no longer hopes Gabi serves the entire 20 years and that whenever her second chance (via parole) comes she is able to make the most of it. Or at least something along those lines again I doubt it will happen but I personally would like it if it did.

Since this seems like a safe place I would like to make a confession that may not have been clear with this post and my very first one in Wednesday's thread but here goes-I may be in the minority but I LIKED Gabi.

Boy it feels good to get that monkey off my back.

What the heck is with Julie and this Buddha? Sounds like that thing made it around town as quickly as Daniel used to get around the hospital.

And "what would Maggie do"? Call Daniel, then praise him for nodding his head while she rants and answers her own questions, and then go tell Jennifer what a good boy her wonderful son is.

Why did Sami and Kate not think about Stefano/EJ buying off judges? Rookies...

Thank heavens for Tad though, saving us all from being subjected to another Abigail storage room romp.

I just wanted to add to my previous post that while it was nice to see Julie be compassionate with EJ *which still found really odd* it would have been really nice if she had showed a LITTLE bit the same for Gabi. I doubt this will happen but I kind of hope we get a scene where the newly enlightened Julie tells Rafe that she has had time to reconsider what she said in the courthouse.

That while she will never believe that what happened to Nick was justified that she can concede that he went off the rails and perhaps HAD made Gabi feel backed into a corner. That he was not blameless in what happened to him. And then add that she no longer hopes Gabi serves the entire 20 years and that whenever her second chance (via parole) comes she is able to make the most of it. Or at least something along those lines again I doubt it will happen but I personally would like it if it did.

Since this seems like a safe place I would like to make a confession that may not have been clear with this post and my very first one in Wednesday's thread but here goes-I may be in the minority but I LIKED Gabi.

Boy it feels good to get that monkey off my back.

Welcome. Troy...you never need worry about saying what you feel...obviously we don't all have the same likes and dislikes. Gabi was a sad girl, had some ideals and only wanted what was best for everyone. She didn't kill Nick for the fun of it...she truly believed that there was no other answer and that he had to be stopped before he swallowed her soul. The actress has just been mentioned to be in a movie...I don't have the info handy, but she's doing well, and there may be some time when she actually comes back to visit. I wish her well, I like her also.

deleted unnecessary quote...no need to quote the post that is directly above your own post...JS

Thanks for the welcome ewiener it's much appreciated :). I just know from looking at other forums Gabi was a character that frustrated people from time to time and understandably so, but I always just felt that she was young, naive and too stubborn to admit that she didn't know the world as well as she thought she did.

As far as Nick goes, well, whenever I think of him I always hear the refrain from the Cell Block tango from "Chicago" playing in my head: "He had it coming. He only had himself to blame." LOL I look at Camila Banus' (Gabi) Twitter feed from time to time and I do get the impression that she would be open to returning sometime in the future. I for one am keeping my fingers crossed.

@Troy42, Before and after Nick's death, she was in everyone's face about Nick. She said herself, the cruise gave her some inner peace and that's why she was able to be a little too civil to Kate and EJ, which was weird but endearing. I'm sure if Gabi were still in Salem, (and not sitting in prison alone since she should have other inhabitants of Salem as company) Julie we saw in this episode would attempt to reconcile with Gabi also.

Back