Days of Our Lives - Fri., Aug. 4, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, August 4, 2017

A pretty emotional show today, excellent acting by all. Brady is giving Nicole the 3rd degree about where she went. She is hesitant, then says she did not want to watch the movie alone, went for a walk. He wants to know where, just gives her a really hard time. He gets a phone call from Paul who wants to see him immediately, in the square. Important. Brady goes, Paul tells him about going to Greece, seeing Xander, and what they were thinking. He says Xander said he was working for Victor. Paul & John evidently checked Titan jet, which made a to Greece & back day before and day after Deimos was murdered. Brady cannot believe Victor would let Sonny be in jail over this.

Meanwhile, Vic is on phone with someone, telling them to get a fall guy, he doesn't want Sonny in jail another minute. He doesn't care who or how, but fix it! Nicole comes in the room for the tail end of this, confronts Vic over what he is "fixing" now. Cue Vic to use this as an excuse to tear down Nicole, insult her, say the judge made the right decision in taking Holly from her. Nicole blasts him right back, reminding him she took a bullet meant for him, which is why she cannot have children, Holly has been her only chance and was taken. For you to use her to hurt me is pretty low, even for you.

Brady has called the Titan pilot to the square, he & Paul question the guy, who is reluctant, but Brady puts pressure on, and the pilot admits to the flights, just following orders to pick up and deliver some merchandise. When Paul shows Xander's pic, the pilot admits that was the merchandise, & he was following orders given by Mr. Kiriakis, Sr.

Andre & Gabi sit in the park, where he fills her in on the why of Abby agreeing to go with Dario in Witness Protection. All about the incriminating picture of Chad, that she was not going to leave with Dario, but was stalling at Andre's request so he could get the pic destroyed. He notes how Abby was going to give up everything, to protect Chad, save him. So he caution Gabi to help Chad see he cannot turn himself in, no proof, to save Sonny. She has to think, rushes off.

Steve is with Joey, who is shocked to learn Tripp is the one who has been causing the problems for Kayla. Slowly, he tells Steve a few things, The pictures of Ava, a couple things Tripp said about Kayla not being any saint. This gets Steve more convinced that maybe Tripp is blaming Kayla for his mother's demise. Joey mentions the call from Jade that Tripp got, Steve has him call Jade, it goes to voice mail, Joey says to call him, important. Steve leaves for the hospital.

Jen is glad Eric is there, she is very worried about her daughter. Eric consoles her, then says he knows something she can do. Come with him. they start to leave, run into Steve who asks about Abby, then they go to the chapel. Jen lights a candle, they both kneel. Eric grasps her hand, then says a heartfelt prayer to God, to look out for Abby, and watch over her family and all those who love her. Jen lays her head on his shoulder, hugs him.

Tripp is in the room where Kayla is sleeping, ready with the pillow. She wakes up, he forgets about the pillow. When she turns on the light, is surprised to see Tripp, who immediately accuses her. He is really nasty, unwilling to accept reason. Kayla is shocked, denies killing his mother, but Tripp knows better. She swears she did not, cannot believe he is the one who changed all those dosages, he could have killed someone. No, he did not do it til after they died. He wants her to confess, she says she did not do it, won't tell a soul, including Steve, he was there, or anything that went on in this room. Tripp doesn't believe a word from her lying mouth. She has had enough, has a niece just out of surgery, is going to her. Kayla grabs her bag, Tripp snatches it from her, takes out a scalpel, threatens her with it. He wants her confession, he will record it on his phone, take it to the police. She is insisting she did not do it, Steve enters, Tripp grabs Kayla, arm around her neck, holds the scalpel to her neck, telling Steve to stay away, or she gets it.

Chad is sitting beside Abby's bed, talking non-stop to her, very emotional. He tells her of the picture, learning about it, not remembering anything, but what if he did it? he talks of Andre destroying the picture, of her saving him, protecting him, maybe even thinking he was guilty. What if he was. He realizes she did not want Thomas growing up without his father, so risked all, so that would not happen.

A doctor comes in, had promised Dr. Johnson he would check things with Abby, tells Chad to leave. No, he is staying right there.

At the nurses' station, Gabi arrives in time to hear the Dr. leaving a message for Kayla about ABBY. She asks him how Abby is doing, he cannot talk but to family, but says her husband is with her, is very devoted to her.

Gabi goes to the room, just as Chad has pulled the chair up next to the bed again, and is telling Abby how Thomas is asleep at last, that they should have been a family together, but he knows he ran away, he was scared. He pushed her away, and should not have done so. He wants her, needs her, wanted her from the first moment he laid eyes on her, always. Gabi is listening, runs off to the chapel, Prays for guidance, help her know what to do , how to help Chad and Abby both, and for forgiveness for only thinking of herself in all this. Please forgive me for being afraid that if Abby dies, I am still going to lose Chad to her. Tears on her cheek.

Brady comes home, tells Nicole he wants to talk to Victor privately. She goes up to bed, Brady confronts Vic. He wants him to cut the crap, he knows everything. Sonny is not responsible for killing Deimos. You are!

Chad continues talking to Abby, he loves her, asks her to please come back to us, we need you. Abby's eyes finally begin to flutter open. Chad smiles, There she is, There's our girl. Abby gives a weak smile.

This was a pretty darn good episode I must say.

Aww my poor Gabi :cry:. Yes I know that she hasn't made the best decisions lately and if she used some common sense she could have avoided this heart ache. But alas, common sense all too often takes a back seat when it comes to matters of the heart. Wow, is it me or was that actually kind of profound and dare I say poetic?

Anyway, as I was saying I can't help myself I' m still a big ol' sap where Gabi is concerned.

Correct me if I'm wrong but did Victior actually kind of apologize to Nicole for his nastiness? If so, I swear that's the first time I've seen him do that with someone other than Maggie. I think someone should call the Farmer's Almanac because this is the kind of moment that should be recorded for posterity.

Versatile Victor: He may be getting up in years, but Victor can still do it all: cheat at bridge, dish out snark, and somehow convince Xander, who presumably hates him, to make a lightning return to Salem to get rid of Deimos. Who knows, but maybe keeping Big Boy Sonny in jail for a while will turn out to be Vic's way of teaching the power-mad CEO a little humility.

Salemites Get Religion: Salemites are not generally known for their piety, but today two apparently unchurched residents, Jenny and Gabi, actually made it into the hospital chapel. Fortunately, all they had to say was "Dear God please save Abigail," instead of a formal prayers, because their knowledge of the latter is probably limited to something like, "Rub-a-dub-dub, thanks for the grub, yay God."

Who's the Real Abigail?: Billy Flynn (Chad) did a fine job today with his vigil at Abigail's bedside, but would getting her back really be for the best? Yes, she was willing to chain herself to the slimy Dario to save her ex-husband, but she's also the woman who stalked the dim-witted Austin, trysted with EJ, tried to incinerate Ben, and faked her own death.

Gullible Trippy: Little Trippy has really blown it -- going all-out crazy with poor Kayla. After Steve saves Sweetness, his biggest surprise won't be that his wayward, surprise son ran amok, but that the kid is so gullible he actually believed Jade's ridiculous lies.

Lying Nicole: Poor Nicole is being done in by the writers yet again -- becoming a regular Pinocchio. Hopefully, all the drama concerning Kayla, Steve, Abigail, Sonny, Xander, Paul, etc. will cause Brady to forget Ms. Walker's fibbing.

Thanks, Poirot.

I loved Nicole and Victor. He said to her "walking her way through the men in his family like
a virus." She called him "Victor 2.0" and she knew that voice on the phone and he used
it now only when Maggie was asleep.

So, Al, the pilot, told Brady and Paul he brought Xander to Salem and back to Greece. I wonder
what excuse Victor is going to give Brady when we see them next?

Thank God, Steve got to Kayla in time to save the day.

Poor Gabi, she heard Chad tell Abby he loved her and he made a lot of mistakes.

Abby woke up. Will she have one of those soap opera diseases, amnesia
:)

She is insisting she did not do it, Steve enters, Tripp grabs Kayla, arm around her neck, holds the scalpel to her neck, telling Steve to stay away, or she gets it.
This piece of waste needs to leave town yesterday and this tragic trash story needs to be retconned immediately. You DO NOT get to hold a scalpel to Dr Kayla Brady's neck and stick around Salem. NO.
Please forgive me for being afraid that if Abby dies
I'm generally not a fan of these silly church scenes, but this one got to me. I like penitent Gabi admitting something bigger about herself than we've seen recently. I also felt the Jen/Eric scenes in the chapel were very well done.

I have no more words for Nicole. Nor for Victor. I hope he killed Deimos, and that he fries for it. I'm sick of the misogynistic old coot. Better yet, have Nicole shoot him and go to prison for that, LOL. I had to fast forward their junk scenes.

Steve and Joey's scenes, as usual, were great.

Not only is this Tripp story terrible, he's a complete idiot. I see no way out for him.

Tripp's story would be a lot more compelling if his actual mom - you know, the one who raised him and loved him and stuff - had been accidentally killed by an error made by Kayla a decade ago or something. Not that that's actually plausible or possible, but this pining for Ava is bordering on psychotic and I'm getting physically ill watching it.

Just to be clear Jsaon, if I were thinking of starting a Tripp Dalton fan club, it would be to assume that you most likely would not be interested in a position as Vice President, correct? Just kidding :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well balanced episode

I liked the Chad/Abby stuff especially once Gabi overheard. Finally some real movement.

I did like the church scenes as well. Eric and Jen had short scenes but left me wanting more.

Loved that we got a brief Steve/Jen scene. Bubbles are bursting. And did he call her Baby?

I'm with Jason in that I can't really see how they can redeem Tripp after this but I suspect they will try. The only thing saving this story for me is that I like Lucas Adams (Tripp). However, this had better cause some real tension for a while between Tripp and Steve/Kayla.

I actually liked the dialogue in the Nicole/Victor scene especially the part about him being responsible for her not being able to get pregnant. Hi Sheri and Ryan!

The Brady/Paul stuff was a bit of an unexpected twist for me. And I didn't like Brady's attitude either. They need to stop playing him as the lead in this age range. I'd much rather see Eric get more air time.

The new doctor smirked a bit when he told Gabi that Abby's "husband" was with her.

Troy42, regarding your girl (Gabi) not having made "the best decisions, lately," that's not her fault, but that of the writers!:sarcasm:

I love the way Brady is playing Nicole; giving her plenty of rope.

The "Abigail Show" seems to have cured my insomnia.

I loved how the doctor referred to Chad as Mr. Dimera and Abby as Mrs. Hernandez yet told Gabi that Abigail's husband was with her. Whoops.

In related news, I'm over the Mrs. Hernandez bit. They were married for a hot minute. Time to go back to being Abigail Deveraux.

Just to be clear Jsaon, if I were thinking of starting a Tripp Dalton fan club, it would be to assume that you most likely would not be interested in a position as Vice President, correct? Just kidding :)
A Little Trippy fan club -- there's a thought. Members might be given the option of joining a subgroup called Ava's Acolytes, and receive a copy of Anger Management for Dummies, a Kayla voodoo doll with pins, a deluxe edition of the the old children's game Operation, a toy stethoscope and rubber scalpel, and some junk jade jewelry.

Back