Days of Our Lives - Fri., Dec. 12, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, December 12, 2014

JJ is talking to Paige on the phone, she is sorry she had to leave without saying goodbye, says her grandfather is o.k., but still having tests done. JJ wonders if Paige really had to go, yes, MOM needed moral support. Uh, oh, mom is coming, she has to hang up now. JJ is strumming on his guitar when Jen comes in. (Isn't it just wonderful how warm it is in the Horton house, despite being so close to Christmas? Glad they can afford to keep the house at 80°, cause there is Mom Jennifer in her lovely pink sleeveless, Vneck spring dress, all tanned and do like the shorter hair look, too bad it is fake). Seems Dr. Richards is going to make a house call (yep, no office for him), Jen & JJ chat a bit about it, the good Dr. arrives, Jen goes upstairs, and JJ talks with the therapist. Mostly all about Jack & what he did to Kayla, and how JJ has dealt with it all after finding out. JJ finally realizes or admits he could never be violent towards a woman (he told about making out with paige & not hearing her say stop), and though his father always used to say he was a chip off the old block, he just would not do that. He has noted that his father wished he could make up for it, but of course one cannot, but he spent the rest of his live trying to be a better person. Dr. Richards leaves (guess it is a one shot deal) giving JJ his card, in case he wants to talk again. Jen comes down 1/2 second after the door closes, saying she heard the door, how did it go. Hugs, is proud of JJ, and more of the same.

Rafe has come to DiMansion, looking for Chad, but annoyed Kate has no idea where he is, missed early morning conference call, never came home. She shoots barbs at Rafe, who is pretty calm about it. She really tries to needle him about Jordan, and Chad's interest in her, but Rafe says he is not going to deny he cares about Jordan, and is trying to look out for her, the same goes for Kate. He cares about her, and worries about her, because she either has gotten in bed with Chad, not literally, or is helping Stefano, and whatever it is, woe is her when the time comes for payback.

Chad wakes up in Jordan's bed, she is sleeping, he strokes her hair, waking her up. Lots of pillow talk, she is happy, he seems to be as well, they go for a morning round. She gets a call or text from the hospital, so is going to have to go. She runs into Rafe in the park, they get into words about Chad, she gets upset that Rafe seems to be trying to dig up dirt on both Clyde and on Chad. She assures him Chad has done nothing wrong. Rafe figures if that is so, no worries then, right?

Meanwhile, Ben & Abby arrive at the club, yakking about this new project, and in walks Clyde. Abby was talking of funding for the project (helping the less fortunate) and Clyde is now all ears since he has been looking for something like this. Abby notes this is really Jordan's idea, not hers, but Clyde takes her to a table so she can fill him in. Ben is not approving, figuring Jordan would not want to take any money from Clyde. But the ol charmer talks of giving anonymously, Jordan would never have to know. Abby is all excited, Ben is not, doesn't want to keep anything from his sister. Oh, but lots of people donate anonymously, and the idea is to help the people, right. Ben concedes, Clyde grins, leaves to get this all moving.

Chad arrives home, Kate gets on his case about the missed conference call, Chad smooths talks his way out of that one. She mentions Rafe looking for him, figures he has done something illegal. Chad figures it is only because Jordan is with Chad now, and Rafe wants to, but cannot get her back. Kate figures Chad needs to watch it, but Chad is very, very confident. Rafe doesn't realize who he is dealing with.

Aiden is at the Pub, having breakfast with Chase, and nicely lecturing him about talking to other people about their money. Chase is sorry Hope overheard him, but Aiden asks why he was even talking to Owen about it. He then tells Chase the same thing goes for talking about Mommy. That their memories are their memories, and Aiden just wants them kept between the two of them, not shared with others. Hugs, Chase says o.k.

Hope is having coffee with Kayla, is going shopping later with Aiden. They talk about the divorce, which will soon be final, and Kayla definitely feels her brother done Hope wrong. She has no problem with the divorce. They talk of Ciara a bit, and Chase, and dating Aiden. Then Kayla mentions how Lisa (Bree's sister in law) has talked her into doing the online matchmaking thing. Kayla is not too sure, Hope is encouraging her, will be fun. Kayla is not sure, nah, won't do it. Hope insists she do so, she will find out all about it. Aiden comes up, wondering what is going on. Kayla quickly takes her leave, Aiden realizes he probably put his foot in something. He & Kayla go off shopping.

Later, both have a few shopping bags (which I swear have nothing in them), decide to get a latte'. They sit, and across the way, Kayla has run into Lisa, and as they talk of getting Kayla's profile online, Lisa sees Hope & Aiden, sitting close together, kissing. Is that who your ex-sister in law is dating....Aiden Jennings. Yes, why, do you know him?
Kayla is gone when Lisa calls Bree. And it is not long before Bree is calling Hope, having gotten her number from her sister-in-law, Lisa. She asks if it is true she is dating Aiden Jennings. Hope says, yes, she is. Bree warns...Hope, you are making a terrible.....a deadly mistake.

I mentioned this on twitter earlier. Someone tell me if my timeline is off but JJ wasn't concerned about having rapist tendencies when he was about to have sex with drugged up Theresa. He didn't give any thought to it after he was given probation for breaking the store front window. It would have been more logical for JJ to have these fears about "being like his father" when he found out about Jack's past. It would have had more impact if we watched him struggle with believing everything he knew about his father was a lie and fearing what he may be capable of.

They dropped the bomb of Jack raping Kayla to endear JJ to Daniel then abandoned it and then they picked it up and dropped it again to manufacture relationship drama for him and Paige.

My point is this story would have been more effective and powerful if it was simply a story of Jack and JJ (even with Jack deceased).

While JJ talking to a therapist was kind of nice, it was really too late for that, like cryin said. Plus, I can't buy into this "rape is a violent sexual crime" when we had the Sami and EJ crap fest. Not saying I don't agree that rape is horrible, mind you. I just wish that Days' writers would not present me two stories about rape (three if we count Eric's rape by Kristen, which was also horrible) and decide that one of these rapes was... oh, a great base for romance. :beat:

Anyway, I was also taken aback by the fact that the therapist (who kind of reminded me of Eugene Bradford... remember him ?) was in Jennifer's house instead of an office. I guess the set designers and writers didn't want us to figure out that if an office was used, it would be the same office used for Hope, Daniel, Jennifer, Abigail and Marlena. :rolleyes: I guess this new therapist would have given that away, since before, TIIC had us all fooled. :rolleyes: Oh, and Jennifer's timing about "hearing the door" was so bad. It's true what they say about the one take rule. That was one very bad take !

Aiden and Hope. Oh, this is going to end badly, I think. My guess is Aiden is really not a good guy. Anyway, the writers don't know how to write good guys anymore. So why would this be different ? I would believe that all these people talking badly to/about Aiden (Bree, the sister in law, the old woman in the square not taking her medication) are just red herrings (is that the right expression in English ?), if Aiden himself was not so secretive. This leads me to think there's more to the story he told Hope. Oh well, time will tell. And knowing these writers, it will indeed take a while.

Kayla. Oh, now she's going to an online dating site ? (No harm in that in real life, so no offense). But I just can't believe this is what happened to her and Steve, my ultimate favorite couple ! Too bad, isn't it ? Unless she hooks up online with a stranger, only to find out later it's Steve and he comes back for her (as he was undercover, held captive or something, anything to erase their divorce), then I'm not interested.

Speaking of not interested : I'm so not interested in Jordan, Chad, Clyde, Ben, Abigail. And frankly, once again, Rafe is being wasted on these people. Perhaps HE should be the one investigating Aiden and if things go south for Hope and Aiden (if Aiden is truly a bad guy), why not try Hope and Rafe together ? I could see the chemistry, there. Am I alone in this ? Is there too much of an age difference ? Well... that would be nothing compared to Rafe and Kate and Eve and JJ :sick::sick:. Plus, maybe we could see Hope and Rafe being good cops. Along with Nicole, the investigative underused reporter, they could make a great trio. Anyway... Never gonna happen, I guess.

I liked the characters featured today for the most part but the show was still mostly boring. I blame that on bad writing.

I tuned out every single scene with Jordan in it and I was right in front of the tv the entire episode.

I want to see Rafe doing something besides pining over Jordan. And why is it that only 1 cop works at a time in this town?

The JJ/therapist scenes were some of the most awkward scenes I've ever seen. I actually don't have an issue with the therapist making a house call. That is plausible and JJ is a young guy who I can believe wouldn't want to be seen going to a therapist. My issue is that the therapist jumped right in without even getting to know his patient. Again, bad writing and bad research. The actor was nice eye candy but the scenes were just really awkward. I understand the need for a male therapist but I think Marlena would have made more sense in this case given that she is more familiar with the family history.

Kayla looked all kinds of fabulous as usual. Loved the scenes with her and Hope. Why shouldn't they remain close friends? I think it's great.

I thought Bree had audacity calling Hope as did her sister-in-law butting in. And seriously is that the only relationship TIIC can come up with? Why couldn't they just be friends or even sisters? And who in their right mind listens to someone who they knew casually many years ago? Hope wasn't even friends with Bree. They just went to a mommy and me class together. Of course there is more to the Aiden story but I still hope he is a good guy in the end. I'm going to think positive.

The Abigail/Ben/Clyde stuff should have lasted 1 scene, 2 tops.

I think what worked about today's show was that most scenes were with just vets or vets and newbies. With the exception of Chad/Jordan, that is what most scenes were. I wish TIIC would follow this formula every episode. Yesterday's episode was much better but today wasn't too terrible. And it's a new day in Salem.

Oh, yes, the therapist came to the house for only l reason, so Days could avoid another office set. AND he evidently was filled in on all the details by Mom Jen, as he mentioned "your mother said". Too bad JJ was still having flashbacks to the romp with Eve. Notice he never mentioned that to the therapist....and he should have.

Clyde is as slimy as ever, and cannot imagine WHY Jordan doesn't want him nailed. That leads me to believe she is involved in something rather nefarious herself, whether forced by Clyde or not....she is hiding something.
Abby is an idiot, she KNOWS that both Ben & Jordan have been wary of Clyde, but there she is...hugging him and honey dripping from her tongue.
Chad is just way too cocky. LOL

As to Aiden.....I still think he is a good guy, but...I do think there is more to the "death" of his wife than has been said. And I am very surprised that with her police connections, Hope hasn't found out. But then, look how long it took for Rafe to start checking up on ol Clyde.

I miss Rafe being front-burner (even though I never get to watch the show). I don't feel invested in his relationship with Jordan enough to care if they get back together, which seems like is the plan, the more Jordan protests they are through and is cavorting with Chad. Though, I am interested in how many people Chad is conning ultimately. It will be great if Rafe and Victor actually are shown working together, not just implied behind the scenes.

Call me a cock-eyed optimist if you want but I do believe we saw Clyde's heart grow seven sizes bigger today. It was a genuine Christmas miracle yes Sirree Bob! And we didn't need the Whos in Whoville singing their Who carols and eating their.... oh wait I'm getting this confused with a different show, boy is my face red!

When Chad said that if Rafe didn't back off he would find out he's messing with the wrong man I just wanted to give him a pat on the head, fix him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich topped off with a big old glass of chocolate milk! He was just too adorable.

I know that they really want us to think Aidan is a bad guy but I'm still not buying it. Sure you could use the old "if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck etc..." argument here but I still think it's too pat and too easy. After all this is the season for good will towards men so in that spirit of charity I'm choosing to hope that the writers have a clever twist up their sleeve and don't just go the lazy route of having a lonely Hope taking in by a possibly murderous con man which is the way it's shaping up to look.

Anyway, I was also taken aback by the fact that the therapist (who kind of reminded me of Eugene Bradford... remember him ?) was in Jennifer's house instead of an office.

John DeLancie (Eugene Bradford) was standing behind me in line at Trader Joe's yesterday. He is very tall and nice looking, as well as nice.

edited to fix quote....JS

John DeLancie (Eugene Bradford) was standing behind me in line at Trader Joe's yesterday. He is very tall and nice looking, as well as nice.

edited to fix quote....JS

That's so cool!!!!

Anyway, I really enjoyed Hope and Kayla today. We need more familial relationships and friendships represented like this on the show. I just love it. I also liked the JJ scenes with Dr. Richards, or whatever his name was. Yes, it was weird that the doc came to his house instead of JJ meeting him in a professional setting, but these scenes were something different (in a good way) than what we have been seeing on DOOL for the past few weeks. And at least it wasn't in the Square.

I'm so bored with Kate, Rafe, and the younger set. It's so disappointing that Rafe has been diminished to this...investigating Chad because he wants Chad's girlfriend back. How juvenile and dull. Abby acted like an idiot, as Poirot said, and frankly, the scenes she, Ben, and Clyde had were bland filler that should've just taken a few minutes to get through, instead of lasting as long as it did. I think someone here already said that.

I still think Aiden is a good guy and this is a red herring. Instead of being worried that he's a bad guy, I'd be more worried that these writers are doing what they've done to Daniel & Jennifer, or Paige & JJ: take a realistic and loving couple and ruin them with constant arguments, non-secrets/reveals, and lack of faith and trust, despite claims to feel the opposite way.

Surprise, surprise, surprise... NOT... Clyde wants to donate
money to Jordan's project.

I was surprised when Hope told Kayla her divorce isn't final yet. Those people
in Salem why do they keep doing things they shouldn't when they are still
legally married :rolleyes:

So Kayla is going to try online dating. It's probably good people post their pictures.
Wouldn't it be awful if she ended up with a date with her brother...LOL

Why is Aiden telling Chase about not talking about money or his mom, Then Aiden goes out
and buys Chase all those gifts. Aiden's not teaching him anything all.

Interesting to hear Kate talk to Chad about Jordan and her fur ball (cat)

Nice seeing Harold working today.

I was quite underwhelmed with JJ's therapist. The conversation about the rape issue is the exact same one JJ had with Daniel a couple months back, except Daniel was more empathetic and less robotic. Also, he glossed over the most important issue--JJ asking why he sabotages himself. He didn't even bother to find out what that meant (which might have led to the conversation JJ really needs to have with him), nor did he suggest anything at all specific to do about it other than "think about why." If thinking about why had solved JJ's problem he wouldn't need to ask a therapist about it.

I do hope that if JJ sees this guy again (and don't get me started on the therapy not being ongoing) that he talks to him about Eve--but that would require the session taking place not in the Horton House, or at least, not while Jen is upstairs. How could JJ truly feel comfortable under those circumstances?

I liked the online dating idea for Kayla. She needs to get out and have some fun. But then again...it's Kayla. I'll be amazed if we actually see her dating profile or actually, if it ever gets mentioned again.:rotfl:

You know what would be awesome? If Kayla met someone online, got to know him, began to fall in love... and when they meet discovers it's Steve and neither one knew who it was they were talking to.

Apparently this writing team has a rule that if a couple had supercouple status, the male half had to depart for parts unknown and never be seen again so that his wife divorces him. :rolleyes: Seriously, Steve, Jack and Bo all were dealt with in the same way...how likely is it that all three men would randomly decide to abandon their families?

Chad wakes up in Jordan's bed, she is sleeping, he strokes her hair, waking her up. Lots of pillow talk, she is happy, he seems to be as well, they go for a morning round. She gets a call or text from the hospital, so is going to have to go.

No breath mints on the nightstand... :eek: I've read that the French keep apples near their beds... can't verify. :)
Jordan gets called in to work; stands, and puts on Chad's shirt. :rolleyes:

@Writer, Jen's very rapid stair descent could make one suspect that she was eavesdropping on JJ and the Dr.

Back