Days of Our Lives - Fri., Feb. 20, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, February 20, 2015

The truth will out, and it does today, as secrets are exposed, and thus confrontations occur. Freddie Smith, who portrays Sonny, has his Emmy reel. Wow. Sonny lays in bed, holding it in, as Will talks. But it doesn't take long. Sonny knows Will had an affair. Will tries at first to deny, but Sonny has it all. He tells how Paul Norita was there, and Sonny knows everything. Will is shocked, taken aback, almost starts to deny again, but Sonny is yelling, don't lie to me. Now Will babbles, just that once, he loves Sonny, going on and on. Sonny tries to take off his wedding ring, Will won't let him, goes on about the vows he said, how he meant every word. Then he tries explaining, talking of how it happened when he & Sonny were not getting along. Sonny is aghast......now it is MY fault. You are blaming this on me? No, no, but there was the failed club, and you used all our money, and......Sonny is about having a fit now, asking Will when their problems all started. Will realizes it was when he went to CA. Sonny talks of how Will would not take his calls, & now thinks that Will was cheating out there as well. Will swears NOT, no, it was only that once with Paul. He talks about returning from CA, the chance for the article coming up, big money, and with theirs all gone, he felt he had to do this. Sonny is still upset, figures it was not just once, Will was going to see Paul for weeks, day and night. But Will claims now how he felt he had to help Paul, just as Sonny had helped Will. He protests that Sonny has been with lots of guys, but Sonny reminds him it was before him, never, never after. Sonny is becoming agitated, the machine is registering spikes, a doctor comes in, along with Marlena, telling Sonny he has to get himself in check. Sonny is given a sedative, Will tells Marlena he hurt Sonny very badly, and takes off.

Earlier, replay of Paul telling a shocked Marlena that he slept with the author of the article, Will Horton, who is married to the man Paul loves. Marlena tells him to stop, she cannot listen to this. Paul gets put out, she is the one who encouraged him to open up. She tells him she is not shocked at what he said, she has a conflict of interest, and will recommend someone else. Paul is not happy, rants a bit, finally Marlena tells him that Will Horton is her grandson. Paul's turn to be shocked. She has written down the name of another doctor, & phone #, asking Paul if he will call him. Paul isn't sure....is this doctor related to everyone in Salem as well? No, she doesn't think so.

JJ is in bed with Eve, who is getting dressed. She asks why he came there, he says there is no longer a reason not to. She notes Paige is not going to rest until she finds out who JJ has been with, but he has a plan. Has a friend who is away at school, will call her, have her pretend to be his girlfriend. Eve comments he sure knows how to come up with lies, he says he can if he has to. If this girl refuses, he will get someone else. He has been getting dressed, too. Eve tells him that this is wrong, and not to come back. He is nearly out the door, tells her that he could tell her o.k. but they both know he'd be lying.

Jen is coming home with a couple of fabric bags of groceries, is fumbling at her door, drops a bag. Paige is there in a wink, was at friend Daphne's home, across the street (how convenient!). She helps Jen, who opens the door, invites Paige in, then discovers her wrist is hurt. Paige takes a look, ice pack, and now they talk. Jen manages to get Paige to admit why she is living in the dorm, too much interference from mom. Paige tells how her mom dragged her to CA, pretending Shane was so ill, yada, yada. Paige suddenly has to leave. Jen goes straight over to Eve's, ranting over what horrible thing Eve has done to her son. Eve misunderstands when "Jen knows everything", but soon realizes she is talking about her efforts to break up Paige & JJ. Eve jumps on her high horse, berating JJ, and how her daughter was too good for him. She orders Jen out, and Jen leaves, but not before telling Eve she has no idea what real love is all about. No one wants you, or your "love". She is nearly out the door, Eve is "oh, yeah? you are wrong. There is someone who wants me, and all I have to give".

Replay of Lucas following Adrienne, her in tears, and they kiss. Justin has been following, looking for her, calls her name. They hear, part, and he comes upon them standing about 10 feet apart. He wonders why Adrienne left, she gives him a sorrowful look. Justin is making snide comments to Lucas for being there, but Lucas only says he saw her, she looked upset. He says he is going to leave them alone, as they need to talk. More snide comments from Justin. Adrienne stops Lucas, thanks him. Justin gets ticked, she tells him she saw the texts on his phone. He claims that those are just a joke between him & Elsa, that she is the point person on this deal, he cannot get on her bad side. She had joked they were like work spouses, so it is just joking with their texts, bad joke, but he has to go along with it. Adrienne is not amused, asks how much longer this is going to take. He doesn't know, but suggests they put this aside and go see their son.

Serena is searching Eric's drawers, nooks and crannies, looking for the elephant. She opens one drawer, pulls out candlesticks and something else as Eric comes in. He thinks she is getting things out to "set the mood". She is only trying to help. Kiss, kiss, and next they are in bed, he is asleep, she is looking around the room. He wakes up, a bit of pillow talk, she turns towards the table, he snuggles up behind her, nuzzling her neck. She comments about the elephant being gone, not in it's place. Did he move it? You could say that....I gave it away.

Adrienne & Justin come into Sonny's room, he is asleep, Marlena is still there. Adrienne sits, stroking Sonny's head. Where is Will? Marlena says that since Sonny was given a sedative, Will went out to tend to something. They talk of how Sonny nearly died, and the person who saved his life. Adrienne flashes back to thanking Paul, as Justin remarks that hopefully, some day, they will be able to thank that person.

And that something is visiting Paul. Will is all upset, ranting at Paul for what he did, is he mad at Will for something? What did he do? Paul has no idea what he is talking about, Will wants to know why he went to see his husband, Why would he do that? More stumbling around in the conversation, until Paul finally tells Will that Sonny is the man he talked about in the article. The one he was in love with, who asked him to marry him. He heard he was in the hospital, went to him, hoping he might still have a chance.

And now Will plays 20 Questions. Sonny is the man, the one who asked you to marry him? Is that why you came to Salem for your surgery? No, was shocked when I saw him. Will is taken aback. You saw him. Paul claims they just happened to bump into each other a few times. He does tell Will that Sonny was very much "I am married, love my husband, and not interested". Will asks if Sonny ever came to see him here. Paul lets him know that Sonny did come the day Paul & Will got together. He knocked at the door while you in the shower. Will's face falls. Paul is sorry this is all such a mess. Will is, too. He leaves.

JJ calls friend Roxanne, leaves a message about needing a favor, wanting her to come down there to Salem. Call him. He starts to walk away, goes to hide, as Paige & Cole are coming up. They chatter about some paper they worked on, JJ comes out, gives Cole a hard time about plagiarism. Cole snickers, mentions getting JJ's phone, walks away, smiling at Paige. JJ wants to know what he meant. Paige tells how Cole took JJ's phone, figured out his password, gave her the phone. He gave it to me. I read your texts. JJ is stunned. "You know"?

Freddie Smith (Sonny), has his Emmy reel indeed. :clap:

I just wanted to grab Will by the ears and shake him. I'm fairly sure I yelled at the TV a couple of times while he was babbling on...FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WILL- SHUT UP!!! His lame explanation of things could only make sense to one other person on the planet, and that person would be Sami. It's a reasonable progression that Will would take after his mother, but soooo awful to witness.

Next week, can we please have Justin on the next plane back to Dubai, and let's send Eve, JJ and Paige with him. And have Eric give Serena her flipping elephant so that she can leave as well?

This was truly an Emmy episode for Freddie Smith (Sonny) to present next year since this year's Emmys are from 2014. I am glad that the connection between Will, Sonny and Paul is finally out in the open. There were lots of stunned faces today - when Paul found out Will is Marlena's grandson and when Will finally found out it was Sonny Paul had been talking about all along. Like a lot of people, Will first tried to deny it when confronted. It is time Will grows up and admit to his faults like Sonny said it was not his blame Will got into Paul's bed. Like I said yesterday though there were a lot of secrets that should have been taken care of long ago.

Eve and JJ are now a couple though they would not say so. :rotfl: Eve has become JJ's person to take care of his urges.

Thanks for the summary. A good show today.
I'm glad the Sonny/Paul/Will stuff is out in the open, and the fallout is sure to be great. I feel so bad for Sonny. But the acting by Freddie Smith (Sonny) was fantastic. He needs to be nominated next year for an Emmy. The Marlena stuff was good, too. Glad we've gotten to see more of her recently.

The Eve & JJ stuff, as usual, is :sick:. But at least this time, we didn't see the nasty romp--just the aftermath. I'm very curious as to what's going on with this storyline, though. Are JJ and Eve falling for each other? I just don't understand. But one thing I certainly don't appreciate is Jennifer always running over to Eve to yell at her. I don't like what Eve did either, but why would a woman AT LEAST of 45 years of age run over to chew someone out? If she ran into Eve in the Square or something, that'd be a different story But today just made Jennifer look even more childish than she already is. So, too, did it for Paige and Cole. I'm over them.

I didn't really care for the Lucas/Adrienne/Justin stuff. I don't like Adrienne & Lucas together as anything more than friends. While I'm glad these vets are getting more airtime, I don't like Adrienne and Lucas sneaking around and jumping to conclusions about Justin while kissing. I'm not condoning what Justin's been doing, by the way, just don't find Lucas & Adrienne rootable either. The writers should've kept Justin & Adrienne as a happy super couple, as they have a big fan base.

edited to write out text-speak phrase...JS

Yes! I agree with Daydegrassi about Jennifer going over to Eve's to chew her out. Enough already! The whole thing about how she doesn't know what love is was total cornball and even though I think JJ/Eve is :sick:, I chuckled to myself at what Eve was hinting at. And the way Jennifer was prying about Paige moving into a dorm? ugh!
Then Paige telling JJ that Cole took the phone and she saw it! Go away!!!

Freddie Smith (Sonny) keeps knocking out these scenes. When Will first started explaining or almost denying it with his "Who Me?" face, I swear I thought, he is his mother's son! Reminded me so much of the kind of look Sami would give in a situation like that.

I also appreciated all the surprise looks yesterday and today and was happy to see Marlena's again at the beginning of the episode!

Oh, Eric and Serena were on? lol Still couldn't get their eating plans together? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I just wanted to grab Will by the ears and shake him. I'm fairly sure I yelled at the TV a couple of times while he was babbling on...FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WILL- SHUT UP!!! His lame explanation of things could only make sense to one other person on the planet, and that person would be Sami.
Amen. Will trotted out every barf-worthy line ever used by cheating Salem spouses: "It didn't mean anything," "It only happened once," and "Let's move on." (Did he learn this stuff by overhearing EJ begging Sami to take him back?) Kudos to Sonny for not accepting any of Will's self-serving b/s. Elsewhere, what's with Jenny? Does she enjoy listening to Eve trash her son? If not, why is she always so anxious to "confront" her. Speaking of Eve, why hasn't she made breakfast for JJ yet? How inhospitable. Perhaps, after "Hate Boink V?"

Sonny was the best part of the show. I was yelling right with him. Then wanted to give him a hug. Definitely an Emmy worthy performance.

I'm way past the point of wanting to "Gibbs slap" Will. (Gibbs, a character on NCIS, slaps the back of the heads of his underlings when they say or do asinine things.) Now I just want to rev up the Spectator bus, and go after him. I don't blame Sonny if he dumps him.

The rest of the show was just so - so for me.

Freddie Smith (Sonny) has been killing it this week! Wow, great acting. I hope he tells Will to go, well, you know. I'm glad all of this stuff is hitting the fan at the same time. It's interesting too with the parallel with Justin and Adrienne and Lucas. I agree with others that I don't think Justin is actually having an affair. That whole texting thing as a running joke was stupid but I believe Justin. Now, he still has an awful lot of explaining to do regarding his absence and obvious neglect of his wife and family. My hope is that things don't go further with Adrienne and Lucas although I have been enjoying their scenes and closer friendship.

I zoned out during the Jennifer and Paige scenes. I really don't know what to make of the Eve/JJ stuff. Their, um, relationship is based solely on hate sex. Are they trying to portray this as some type of sick dysfunctional romance? I just don't get it. Apparently we are supposed to anticipate even more sexcapades between the two based on JJ's parting comments. Pardon me, I have to go fix a drink. :drunk:

I'm glad we didn't have to see JJ and Eve rolling around in bed.

Was this the first time we saw Jen in black jacket?

Interesting to learn Daphne lives across the street from the Horton house.

I wonder if JJ's plan with Roxanne will work if she comes to town.

I hope Justin said the truth Adrienne about Elsa.

Eric gave the elephant away. What will Serena do now?

The scenes with Sonny and Will were the best. I couldn't believe all the things Will
was telling Sonny to try to talk his way out of it. Just like his mother always did.

Not as good of an episode as yesterday, but a good continuation nonetheless. Way way WAY too much Paige, JJ, Eve, etc.

I can't believe Will had the nerve to say to Sonny, "You've been with other guys!" I mean..... he is truly Sami's spawn.
tumblr_mw06jd8I8N1rxy0aqo1_250.gif

edit: what's funny is that I actually had this comment typed out as soon as the recap was posted, but I was so tired and fell asleep at my computer and took a nap that ended up lasting 7 hours. YIKES. :rotfl::OT::rolleyes:

Will is definitely Sami's son. Excuses galore and nothing is his fault. Sonny should call Rafe and compare notes.

I need someone to find out about Eve and JJ and start blackmailing them.

I'm kind of afraid where this whole Justin/Adrienne/Lucas thing is going.

Unless that elephant is in Ciara's pink backpack and Serena has to bribe her to get it back then I'm not interested.

I'd like Paige if she would drop her obsession with finding out who JJ slept with, started to ignore his existence, and got together with Cole. Plus it has the added bonus of Eve's head exploding because she was the one who drove her daughter to someone worse than JJ because of her own crazy obsession with her daughter's love life.

Freddie Smith (Sonny), has his Emmy reel indeed. :clap:

I just wanted to grab Will by the ears and shake him. I'm fairly sure I yelled at the TV a couple of times while he was babbling on...FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WILL- SHUT UP!!! His lame explanation of things could only make sense to one other person on the planet, and that person would be Sami. It's a reasonable progression that Will would take after his mother, but soooo awful to witness.....

That's exactly how I felt watching bits as I was working today. Sami 2.7.7.1, and not an upgrade version.

Of all the role models in his family, why couldn't Will take after Lucas, or Roman, in the marital department? Certainly not Bill or Kate or Sami or Marlena, LOL.

Between Will's whining and JJ's Eveing and Eve's Eveing and my usual long Friday...I'll catch clips on YouTube later. Thanks for a terrific summary Poirot!

Re Eve's après-intimacy redressing, I noticed the boots, but did not see the whip... :rolleyes:

I don't believe that Adrienne and Lucas would have been doing any kissing at this time. She would have hopedexpected Justin to be hot on her heels after she stormed out of the Edge. She should accompany him when he returns to Dubai.

I'm glad we didn't have to see JJ and Eve rolling around in bed.

Me too; yesterday's Eric/Serena session was quite enough for a while... :rolleyes:

Marlena was wearing a nice twin-set.

Good grief, this elephant thing is getting old. I'm sorry but Serena and Eric have no chemistry, it all looks too awkward. (He was much more believable with Kristen, just sayin'. hehe)

Speaking of awkward, Will and Sonny, and Will and Paul, trying to justify or find loopholes for his behavior. Yes, the apple does not fall too far from the tree. And the true regret for his behavior in that end scene. Good job.

Re Eve's après-intimacy redressing, I noticed the boots, but did not see the whip...

Thanks for mentioning that, A. Guy. I forgot that I was wondering something like "who DOES that?" when Eve was tugging her boots on wearing nothing but her bra and panties. :rotfl:

Something that bothered me while watching Will and Sonny, besides Will's stupid excuses, was the constant putting his hands on Sonny's chest while Sonny was hooked up to machines. I've visited loved ones in the hospital and I've sat on the side of their bed and held their hand or maybe caressed their foreheads but I've never caressed their chests.

I am soooo happy that Jason's signature line looks to be coming true. Eve and JJ, the new supercouple.:love::love: :sarcasm: :sick:

Back