Days of Our Lives - Fri., Feb. 20, 2015

Thanks for the summary.

Will putting his hand on Sonny's chest also was noticed by me but not as much as Will not even shedding a tear over his infidelity. It looked like he was trying hard to cry but it just didn't work. Sonny on the othr hand was the exact opposite & his hurt could be felt by this viewer.

Eve & JJ are actually growing on me. Like a medicine-resistant bacteria. I am hoping it's all for development of JJ's character. At least Paige showed some backbone in the park when telling JJ about Cole getting his phone.

I really like Eric & Serena but want this elephant-no-longer-in-the-room story to wrap up. Serena brings out some emotions in Eric so he isn't as stoic as Paige. He's actually showing expressions which I really like. Yes, I also like that we get to see him shirtless more now.

Amen to all the posts that have praised Freddie Smith (Sonny) for his reaction to Will's cheating, which was far more effective than that exhibited by other cheated-on Salemites. There was no Sami-style screeching and promises of revenge, no weepy remarks like Adrienne, etc. Instead, it was a stern expression of disapproval and a calm, rational rejection of all of Will's lame, self-serving excuses.

Re Eve's après-intimacy redressing, I noticed the boots, but did not see the whip... :rolleyes:
Or the handcuffs. Since she has those high boots and black underwear, perhaps Eve should set up a website that asks: "Have you been a bad boy? Do you need punishment? Contact Mistress Eve." As for Eric, the Salem sourpuss, now that he's acquired a taste for sin with Serena, what's he going to do when she cuts him off because she realizes that he doesn't have the magical, mysterious elephant. Perhaps, he could be Mistress Eve's first client.

I really like Eric & Serena but want this elephant-no-longer-in-the-room story to wrap up.
Okay quick question on this subject (that might require a not-so-quick response...) what is the whole deal with the elephant? Like I know no one knows what's in it (right?) but has it ever actually been explained yet why Serena even has the elephant or why it's important? I barely watched most of December, January, and only like the last half of February... so. And I didn't watch the show when it was apparently a storyline that Eric and Serena were in love, so honestly what is going on? They are past loves, right? I don't know, I'm confused. I mean I don't really even like Eric all that much in the first place, and this is my first time seeing Serena, but I am interested.

Or the handcuffs. Since she has those high boots and black underwear, perhaps Eve should set up a website that asks: "Have you been a bad boy? Do you need punishment? Contact Mistress Eve."
OH MY GOD. I am so glad I was not drinking anything when I read that because I might have spit it out from laughing so hard. Just... no. No no no no. :rotfl: I can actually totally see her doing that though, and her website would absolutely need to be for ages 18+. Actually, make it unavailable for all ages. Just shut it all down. :rotfl:

Short answer- we don't know what the deal is with the elephant. It's probably got something in it that is valuable, since it's clearly one of many (Serena bought one at the same time Eric did at some marketplace in Africa). Serena's past involvement with Eric was a recent contrived plotline- she never appeared before, the writers just built this backstory for her. Apparently, since Eric left Africa, she's been tooling around Europe, which is where she met Melanie...it's all pretty poorly planned and badly executed.

Eric & Serena were lovers in Africa, both bought elephants at some craft market there. She also had met a couple other Salemites when they both were in New York for some family get together. Anyway, Eric left to become a priest, Serena understood, and did not bother him. Now, after learning that he left the priesthood, (and evidently keeping tabs on what was going on in Salem with him,) she came to town supposedly to do medical research at the hospital, having been given a grant to do so.
We now learn that for some reason, Eric's elephant has value, and she actually was sent to Salem to replace his with hers, and give his to ?????.

Thank you both! I can't say I'm not disappointed though. I mean I don't even know what I was expecting, but, yea...... "recent contrived plotline" indeed.

Something that bothered me while watching Will and Sonny, besides Will's stupid excuses, was the constant putting his hands on Sonny's chest while Sonny was hooked up to machines. I've visited loved ones in the hospital and I've sat on the side of their bed and held their hand or maybe caressed their foreheads but I've never caressed their chests.
That bugged me as well, but Will kept trying to grab Sonny's hand, and Sonny would pull away, push Will's hands away, indicating "Don't touch me". I did think it odd, being he has had surgery, that Will would do that. Also, that he did not remain seated. Sonny WAS emphatic that Will not touch him, try to hug him, etc., and thus went into respiratory distress.

Is there really no other girl in Salem JJ can sleep with? Why does he keep going to Eve's home?
I hope JJ falls madly in love with Eve and they get married so Jen can have a mental breakdown. So tired of her telling people who deserves love and who doesn't.

I don't know where William thought he was going with bringing up the men Sonny has been with but it's not the best defense to make for cheating on your HUSBAND. But I bet Sami, Jr. is going to try and turn this on Sonny again now that he knows Sonny and Paul used to date.

Back