Days of Our Lives - Fri., Feb. 21, 2020

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, February 21, 2020

Replay of Ben & Ciara saying goodbye, she is crying, they hug, kiss, she will see him soon, opens the door, there is Rafe. He quickly draws his gun, end of the road, Ben. Ciara steps in front of Ben, begging Rafe, if he ever cared anything about her, to let Ben go, he is innocent. Nope. Ciara even brings up how Rafe helped her mother when she shot Stefano. Rafe says it was a mistake, not one he will repeat. Says jury found Ben guilty, did their job, he is doing his. He starts to cuff Ben, hands behind his back, Ciara whacks him over the head, down he goes, she tells Ben to run. He is worried about Rafe, he is alive, and finally he does take off. Ciara whines over Rafe to come to, she is sorry, etc. etc. etc. Rafe says she aided & abetted a felon to escape, now assaulted a police officer, he is taking her in.

Gabi sits in that interrogation room, still in the same dress (did she sleep there?) Sonny arrives. Sonny is very angry, is yelling at her, how could she do this, reciting how she confessed in front of a room full of people how she tried to kill Julie, even did it in front of them. Gabi starts babbling away, not her fault, Lani was attacking her. Sonny says Lani was only listing all you had done. She keeps denying, telling him to stop yelling at her, but he is furious. Talks of Ari, how is he supposed to tell her, explain that her mother tried to kill Julie, who Ari loves, multiple times, and is back in prison......again! Gabi is getting tearful, but blurts out Lani killed Stefan, has to pay. Sonny cannot even wrap his head around this thinking. In comes D.A. Giddons. She won't talk to him without her lawyer (she told Sonny that DiMera's best is who she has) but Giddons says he & her lawyer worked out a deal....no trial, she pleads guilty, 10 years, no parole, no time off. Period Gabi moans her daughter would be grown by then, (Sonny is silent). Giddons tells her to think about it, saving tax payer money with no trial, but, she could have one, get life. He leaves.

Replay of Brady & Kristen coming to berate Victor for call Theresa behind Brady's back. Xander tries getting them to leave, no dice, Sarah comes in, shuts all up with news a bone marrow donor is found. Brady warns Vic not to try anything like that again, Tate is his son, he makes the decisions, they leave. Sarah has gone to call Eric. Xander talks with Vic, with Sarah walking in, supposedly having heard some of the incriminating remarks, but evidently not. She is going to hospital, will meet Eric.

Over at Eric's, he & Nicole talk, he brought her flowers, even tho no longer Valentine's Day, she fingers a necklace which was beautiful, and enough. Nope, he no longer will think of Valentine's as just once during a year. Brady & Kristen arrive, I have no idea why Kristen thinks the flowers are for her from Brady. Anyway, Brady gets call from Theresa, she is not a match. Kristen has made a few snide comments to Nicole, about pretending her & Brady were a couple, did not work, they are now together, blah, blah. Eric has gotten the call from Sarah, a match was made, is going to hospital. Sarah is bringing Mickey.

Maggie comes to see Will, sorry she hasn't before, talks about that day. Tells Will how Summer arrived just as she was going to leave to take Sarah, told her she was an alcoholic, was dying from cirrhosis of liver. She talks of not remembering taking the drink, waking up in her bed. She is glad she did not try to drive, since she remembers nothing. Will asks if she is sure she didn't try. Maggie is surprised, why would he ask, he only says because she said she cannot remember. In comes Victor, who in his own way, manages to get rid of Maggie, telling her Sarah wants her at hospital, donor found. She leaves, Victor questions Will, who does tell what Ciara told him. Victor wants Will to keep quiet, he will make sure his child wants for nothing, nearly slips up, saying Maggie would never forgive herself if she knew she killed her own.......but recovers, claiming he meant Adrienne, who Maggie loved as a daughter.

At the hospital, Sarah has the envelope with the identity of the match. She opens it for the eager Eric.......oh, my God, you won't believe this!

Sonny is still with Gabi, asking her about taking the deal. Gabi contemplates, gets that snarky look on her face, I know what I am going to do.

At the cop shop, Rafe is giving Ciara what for about Ben, also tells her about her mother being Gina. Ciara upset no one told her, Rafe says they tried, but she too busy harboring a fugitive. D.A. comes in, gonna throw the book at Ciara, she is going to prison. Ben comes in, no need, I am here.

Maggie is at the hospital, Xander asking how was the visit with Will. She flashes to Will asking her a question, gets an odd look on her face, looking sort of shocked. What is it?

Geez Brady, how many times do you have to ask why Victor didn't tell you he had Tate tested? Look at how you're acting. That's why he didn't tell you. Good lord, they aren't going to tell us who the match is? I don't think it's going to be Tate. Lord help us if it's Gabi.

I loved Sonny reaming out Gabi. She deserved every bit of it! Did she honestly say she's going to lose and Ari and it's not fair? Not fair after all you did?!

Wow, Victor sure got to the prison fast. I still don't see how Will is jail for the accident. Did they not do an accident reconstruction? He says he doesn't remember going into other lane.

I'm guessing because Will assumed he caused the accident, willingly told Rafe and everyone involved it was his fault, the PD just took him at face value and arrested him.

At the hospital, Sarah has the envelope with the identity of the match. She opens it for the eager Eric.......oh, my God, you won't believe this!
Hopefully robinsnest can chime in (since she's donated), but I thought donors' identities were confidential unless the donor specifically wants to be identified?

Oh heck, why am I even asking this question? It's Salem. :rolleyes:
Victor wants Will to keep quiet, he will make sure his child wants for nothing
He also said he'd try to pull strings to get Will released sooner.

It's not his turn to use the Salem brain.

451e5c7543087ba55dcbc439bf452535.jpg

all who were tested, did so on behalf of Mickey. Perhaps thus, their names were not confidential.

For the first time I liked Sonny today. I wish they had given him some meatier stuff to do over the years.

I love everyone talking about how Tate would be a stretch as a donor because he's so far removed and yet everyone walking around got tested on the off chance they'd match.

Thanks for the write ups this week!

It's surprising they (Xander/Victor) didn't make mention of Eric's other cousins, siblings, nieces/nephews being tested, as not to make it look so suspicious that they were specifically trying to have Tate tested.

A line with Xander saying "we're asking Andrew, Stephanie, Joey, Shawn-D, Chelsea, Ciara, Sami, Will, Arianna, Johnny, Allie, Sydney, Carrie, Noah, Belle, Claire, Cassie and Rex, as well as Noel (Sarah's half sister) to all get tested, in addition to Theresa and Tate."

Or simply "we're asking all of your cousins, siblings, nieces and nephews to get tested in hopes of finding a match."

Trust you are being facetious JS, as, that not only would have been confusing to viewers, (& the person having to learn the line) but would take too much time for Days. LOL

Better saying "contacted every family member to get tested".

Yes, was being sarcastic by listing all of them. But did say underneath that a simple "we're asking all of your cousins, siblings, nieces and nephews to be tested" would've covered it. But of course, by singling out Tate (repeatedly) it will pique the curiosity of those involved.

Due Process Anyone: Gabi is a thoroughly unsympathetic character, but predatory D.A. James Giddens tossing a plea deal at her without any opportunity to consult with her attorney was outrageous. (Whoever Gabi's lawyer is, he/she makes Justin look like a brilliant legal whiz.)

Please go away: Nicole wants to go to Hawaii with Eric? If this happens, how long will it be before the Honolulu Chamber of Commerce is begging him to leave because he scaring away all the tourists? He'd clear them out quicker than a forecast for a giant typhoon.

Empty threats: When is sourpuss Eric going to learn that him threatening Xander is a joke? If push ever came to shove, the muscular X-Man would bounce the Fallen Father Eric all over the Town Square the way Rafe once did to EJ.

How the other half lives: It might have made for a good scene if when visiting the prison, Victor had said something like: "So this is where the little people go when they commit crimes."

I love everyone talking about how Tate would be a stretch as a donor because he's so far removed and yet everyone walking around got tested on the off chance they'd match.
I remarked on my annoyance over this fact yesterday, too.
But of course, by singling out Tate (repeatedly) will pique the curiosity of those involved.
I'm still hoping this is a big fakeout for viewers.

If push ever came to shove, the muscular X-Man would bounce the Fallen Father Eric all over the Town Square the way Rafe once did to EJ.
One of the best scenes to ever air on Days. I deeply regret not saving that episode.
(Whoever Gabi's lawyer is, he/she makes Justin look like a brilliant legal whiz.)
Maybe it was lost cat finder, Carrie Reed.

When Rafe took on EJ .........while John & ...was it JJ ...watched with folded arms, making comments & cracks to each other......just wonderful scene.

edit" don't think it was JJ........maybe Roman, or Daniel???

It was Lucas. Such a great scene.
And then comes the fun stuff. Replay of EJ threatening Rafe, and Rafe telling him to go to hell. Bam, EJ's head briefly hits Rafe's face, and the guys are in a bit of a brawl. Actually, not a bit, but a lot of a brawl. Along comes Lucas, soon joined by John, both stand enjoying the spectacle. John wonders if they should stop it, Lucas says heck no, Rafe is manhandling a DiMera. We should sell tickets.

Others are standing watching, as Rafe sends EJ flying a few times, first one side, then the other. John finally decides that he has to do the right thing, someone could get hurt. He gets between Rafe and EJ, pushing Rafe away, as a big, burly guy grabs a struggling EJ. John scolds Rafe, he's a cop, what is wrong with him? The burly guy says, oh, now, this guy threw the first punch. John gets into EJ's face, reminding him he lost his mayoral job, and just got out of jail. What else is he willing to lose?

Rafe tells EJ this is his lucky day, he is not pressing charges, and walks off. Both men have bruised faces. John tells EJ he made a donkey out of himself and got kicked. He should know he can't beat Rafe with violence. EJ snarkily replies that then, he will have to do it another way, won't he?

Why did they have Tate tested? Other than being Brady's child and Mickey being Brady's child. What possible connection could there be to Sarah or Eric? Kristen was tested and not a match plus she has no Dimera blood and she is Mickey's mother. She and her brother were adopted by Stefano. I can't stand Xander. I want him to take a long walk off a short pier!

Last edited by a moderator:
What possible connection could there be to Sarah or Eric?
Because everyone thinks Eric is Mickey's father. Eric and Jeannie Theresa are first cousins. Tate and Mickey would be second cousins (if Eric was really her father). Only Victor and Xander know Tate is really Mickey's half-brother. But everyone else thinks they are second cousins on the Brady side of the family.

Siblings have best chance of being a match. Victor & Xander figure Mickey is Brady's, so Tate needed to be tested. So Vic goes behind Brady's back to get it done. Vic & Xander did the switching.
And what you questioned, is why, since so many were volunteering to be tested, it should have been mentioned that all family members were asked to do so.
Strangers/non family.....can be a match for anything. We see it in the news all the time. Livers, kidney, bone marrow, blood.

Why did they have Tate tested? Other than being Brady's child and Mickey being Brady's child. What possible connection could there be to Sarah or Eric? Kristen was tested and not a match plus she has no Dimera blood and she is Mickey's mother. She and her brother were adopted by Stefano. I can't stand Xander. I want him to take a long walk off a short pier!
I think I just got the reason to have Tate tested. Victor and Xander think Mackenzie is Brady and Kristen's baby! Therefore a half-sister to Tate.

Back