Days of Our Lives - Fri., Jan. 15, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, January 15, 2016

Hope pace around her living room, not sure if she can confess to Seth Malcolm's murder, if it will go right. Rafe is backing her up, noting that if the cops think Stefano was responsible, they will go looking for him. They paint a scenario between them, of how Hope was so traumatized by all tht she has gone through, she blocked it out of her mind, but it has come back, Malcolm attacked her, she fought back and shot him in self defense. Hope wishes she had not involved Rafe, but thanks him for being there, for backing her up. They leave for the cop shop.

Chad has come to DiMansion to pack up the rest of his things. Andre' asks if he has seen Father in last 12 hours. Nope, got that text, he went out of town, fine with me, don't want to see either of you ever again. Andre' starts with the La Familiga stuff, but Chad laughs it off, isn't going to turn into robot or zombie. Andre' tells him about Hope coming over, Stefano sending him to look for you, and then he is gone. Chad shrugs it off, doesn't care, leaves the room. Later, he comes back in the study, murmuring to himself that th is is a nice house, but with not nice memories. He looks at the chess table, picks one up, puts it down, then picks up a statue on the desk..a little reddish stain on it. Is that blood, he mutters.

Abby comes downstairs in her home, finds both JJ & her mom there, is glad both are there, tells them about getting married. Oh, that doesn't set well with either, but they have set their date, it will be soon, Valentine's Day. Jen's face falls, that was Daniel & Nicole's date. Abby says she will change it then, but she is marrying Chad, wants her family there, but if they don't want to come, it is up to them. She notes Chad is not inviting his own family, after what they did. She is tearing up, leaves.
She finds Chad at Club TBD, Uncle Steve walks in, finally getting to meet Thomas. He holds him, thinks he looks a bit like Jack, says Jack would be making jokes about now, about too young to be a grampa, but I am back, and will do my best to watch over this guy for him. Abby let's him know that Ben is not the father, Chad is. Steve is not all that surprised.

Earlier, Kayla came in, wheeling a suitcase. She has been called to a hearing before the Organ Donors Board.It is because of giving Daniel's heart to Brady, without notifying them first. Steve tells her about Ava claiming the pictures were of a son belonging to her & Steve, & wanting him to find the kid. Kayla has a fit, figures Ava is lying, hopes Steve is not buying her crap. Steve doesn't know what to think, but Kayla already has Ava's number, knows she is after them both. She leaves, has to go straight from hospital to airport, will call him with her schedule.

At the B&B, Ava answers the knock at her door, it is Joey, all upset because she has not answered his texts. He comes in, she makes excuses, not a good idea, she has been busy, they should not be seen together, etc. etc. But Joey protests, makes it clear he wants to continue seeing her, says he is in love with her. Ava really backs off, tells him he is too young, only 16. He doesn't care about the age difference, she finally tells him she has leukemia, is dying, only a short time left. He doesn't care about that either, grabs and kisses her. She pushes him away, says they cannot do this, and it would really be best if he left right now. She opens the door to usher him out, and there stand MaMa Bear Kayla, about to knock. Joey is trying to make excuses, she tells him to go home, he leaves, she reads Ava a riot act, finally letting her know they are not buying her story about some kid she is supposed to have, ordering her to leave her son alone, & warning her she will do all in her power to make sure Ava wishes she had never come to Salem. She starts out the door, Ava grabs a statue or something, hits Kayla on the hit, knocking her out, drags her back into the room, saying you always were a pain in the butt. She shuts the door.

Steve comes home to find a very upset Joey, who is half crying as he tells his dad that Ava was working with him to get his parents back together. She was so nice, kind, listened to me, as I was going thru a bad time. And now she is dying.

Chad & Abby are sitting at a table in the club, she has told him about her family, he decides to go see JJ & Jen, assure them he would never hurt her, better to do it alone. He goes to the Horton house, only Jen is there, JJ is gone. She lets him come in, Chad begins his little speech, Jen is saying those are just words, his actions.......but she grabs her back, he asks what is wrong. She is halting in her speech, starts to collapse as Chad catches her.

At the cop shop, Hope & Rafe arrive, Lani greets Hope, good to see her. Roman comes out, Hope asks about Eric, he gives a good report, then asks what she is really there for. Hope says she has come to confess to killing Seth Malcolm.

I thought Steve looked so handsome in the opening scene. I loved his interacting with Abby, but it felt like he was just phoning it in, to me. Not sure if he was supposed to be acting distracted thinking about his maybe baby? Just didn't seem like the actor was "there" in his scenes today.

That's what I was thinking. But Joey knows his mom stayed to talk to Ava and that's got to come up in his conversation with Steve. Right? It would be too stupid if it didn't.

Edited to add: or soap-like, Joey will try to tell Steve his mom was there but Steve will be too busy chewing him out for getting mixed up with Ava to let him get a word in. Hope not.

It was a day for the deluded and the delusional in Salem. There were the Johnson men: Little Joey weeping over poor "beautiful" and "sweet" Ava and Steve all set to head off to parts unknown in search of a probably-fictional child. Then there was crazy Ava herself blowing a big hole in her mad plot by conking Kayla over the head. Over at the police station, Hope and Rafe were weaving their own tangled web of lies about the death of Dr. Malcolm. They'd better hope that the not-so-good doctor wasn't killed execution style. That might put a crimp in any self-defense claim. (And these two might be having a collective heart attack if they knew they missed some of the Phoenix's blood spatter.) Over at the loving Deveraux home Eve's former teen lover and the architect of the lunatic Love Doctor-Jack dating contest were questioning the Abigail-Chad marriage. As others have noted the only high point in all this was Baby Thomas meeting his daddy and Steve over at TBD.

Last edited:
I've found my attention drifting a lot this week which is why I haven't been posting much. But I do have a few thoughts about today's episode:

So let me see if I understand Hope and Rafe's logic here: They figure the best way to keep the SPD from looking into Stefano's disappearance is for her to confess to the murder of the not-so-good Doctor Malcolm. A charge she thinks she can beat because she didn't do it. But if she confesses doesn't that make the charge harder to beat? And she thinks it's better for her kids especially poor traumatized Ciara if she goes to prison for a murder she didn't commit instead of the one she did commit? I think I mentioned this earlier this week but it bears repeating sometimes this show makes my head hurt.

I'm not particularly interested in the Ava story line I don't hate it but hasn't really grabbed me either. I will say however and maybe I'm being a bit naive here but I think she was actually a bit surprised by the intensity of Joey's infatuation. Oh I know she's been toying with that kid's feelings this whole time but still I don't think she was quite expecting that.

The Steve/Abby/Thomas scenes were cute.

I'm finding that I am growing weary of JJ throwing shade on Chad. I get that he's just trying to look out for his sister but it just makes him come across as obnoxious in my opinion He needs to spend some time with Gabi because that's when I like him best. And yes that was the totally gratuitous mention of Gabi because she wasn't on all week :angry: portion of this post.

And finally kudos to the writers for pulling off another classic soap cliffhanger two weeks in a row. Granted Ava knocking out Kayla doesn't pack quite as much of a wallop (pun unintended) as Hope shooting Stefano did last week it was still unexpected. We don't get as much of that anymore so again I say kudos.

Last edited:
And since Steve thinks Kayla is going out of town, he won't miss her at first.
Except she said she was going to call or text him her schedule, as she was going straight to the airport from the hospital. So......that would be her flight time, hotel where she would be staying, expected arrival back, etc.

Hope and Rafe just make no sense. Umm, Hope, being a crazy psycho is kind of traumatizing your child. I don't think confessing to murder is going to help. Andre and now even Chad are not buying this story at all. I'm still not convinced that Stefano is actually dead. I mean, it's Stefano.

I was glad JJ and Jen reacted to the engagement news the way they did. Abby has been through a lot. I think she should take some time. Probably may not being a Chad/Abby fan showing.

Ava really should push a 17 year old boy off of her a little faster. Ew. Was quite shocked when she coldcocked Kayla. Should be good.

And then something I learned today that I thought was interesting. I was watching a rerun of Last Man Standing from the first season. I thought Boyd (the toddler grandson) looks familiar It was Parker! Well, the one that just got just replaced. The kid has played Boyd and Parker and he was Dexter's son Harrison. The kid has gotten around! I just thought it was interesting and wanted to share.

Since Chad noticed the blood on the figurine, how long will it be before
someone else does?

Was today the first day we got confirmation Ava is staying at the Martin House B&B?
I wonder why Julie never told anyone Ava was in town when she first checked in.
I hope Julie will figure out what Ava has done to Kayla. And how long will it take
before Kayla is found?

I enjoyed Steve with Thomas.

I wonder what is wrong with Jennifer. Will Chad make her go to the hospital?

What will Steve say to Joey after he said he couldn't be without Ava? Oh My....

I'm not sure if I should think Ava is crazy...or that the writers are. This is such a retread of the Kristen return it's not funny. And her big plan involving this fake kid and seducing a 16-year-old were all so she could bash Kayla on the noggin? Couldn't she have done that the first day in town?

I'll definitely watch the Steve/Thomas scene but other than that...seems like a snooze.

Over at the loving Deveraux home Eve's former lover and the architect of the lunatic Love Doctor-Jack dating contest questioning the Abigail-Chad marriage.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ava really should push a 17 year old boy off of her a little faster. Ew.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

@Troy42: I join you in your puzzlement re Hope/Rafe's confession-to-murder legal strategy. :confused:

NOTES:
Kayla has a roomy house!

Chad is moving out of the Dimansion. I guess he'll have to get a real job. Was thinking that maybe Abby should delay her marriage, but then realized that she doesn't have much to lose, except her coming Irish inheritance. And, finally, a marriage that Father Louis can approve of without much reservation!

Didn't Steve promise to not leave town again?

Wardrobe provided Hope with some very nice jeans. And her house has very high ceilings. :)

Will detective Chad finally discover the bug that Clyde put on Stefano's chess table?

I wish that Kayla had noticed lipstick on Joey. :)

TBD is busy again, did Victor's place close? Visiting Abby/Thomas would likely cramp Chad's club-owner style. :)

A lot of things happening in Salem, today! I have been staying in Melaswen, lately; hiding from the New Writers. Hope it will be safe to return soon! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, well, one wonders just what the heck goes on behind the scenes at Days, doesn't one. I mean, being this Ava return thing does seem to be a Kristen return retread, (Ava/Joey, Kristen/Brady) or a combo of a couple things...Theresa wanting Melanie out of Brady's life, Ava wanting to get Kayla out of Steve's life....yada, yada.

Now co-headwriters...not sure how it works, but it would seem that perhaps each writes different storylines, to get meshed together with the rest of Salem, so...Dena Higley went on a leave of absence some months ago. I thought she was back, but apparently not. However, she is listed in credits, so perhaps, and I do mean PERHAPS, she is responsible for some of the "huh" stuff, or retreads???? I do know that after she was gone for a few weeks (this is some months ago) it was announced that Beth Milstein had been hired to fill in.
Days is filming 5-6 months in advance, scripts written probably a few months before that, and so far, Ms. Milstein's name has not appeared in the credits.
But, no idea, since those behind the scenes shenanigans are rarely let out to the public.

Color me confused, could someone explain Hope's logic in confessing to murder? Now after she has murdered Stefano, Hope is worried about Ciara! How ridiculous. What far away place will Patch go to look for his son? Why spend weeks having Patch talking about never trusting Ava and then fall into her trap so easily?

Back