Days of Our Lives - Fri., Jan. 18, 2019

The scenes with Leo and Xander alternated between funny, a little over the top, WHAT did he say!?!?! His bawdy talk was not worse than what I watch on other shows or anything I've written myself (I write novels). I found most of it entertaining, but I wasn't expecting it from Days. It's definitely the strongest innuendo I've ever seen on the show, and it was one joke after another about Leo's bits. I think they dragged it out so that they could make it clear that Xander was making this bargain and isn't being forced. There's nothing critical to his health or survival that's being withheld from him by Leo. This is his choice. I don't see this as rape at all. He's just as sleazy and greedy as Leo. That being said, I don't think he's going to go through with it. I agree there's something funny going on with the glass.

I'm getting almost tired of ragging on Eric and how annoying and sanctimonious he is all the while he's one piece of bad news away from punching people or committing murder. Now, he's going to get busted in a compromising situation with Sarah (whether he sleeps with her or not), and silly "Oh, I also slept with your sister" Rex is going to be furious. I hope the writers can soon remember that there are relationship tensions besides love triangles. There have been too many of those recently.

The Rafe and Hope scenes seemed like a contrivance. My only hope is that they break up as a result. I kind of like the chemistry between Hope and Ted. I'd like Rafe better with any other possible woman.

I have no idea who Noel is? Has she ever been on the show? I had to laugh at the people in the background when Sarah and Rex were fighting. And sure Sarah sleep with Rex's brother, that'll fix him!! But Eric really? Gonna sleep with another brother's woman?

I have to agree with others that Xander is going to drug Leo and convince him they had sex.

Hope is just so frustrating. She was very insecure today. She either trusts him or she doesn't! If it was her kid that needed someone, she'd be all over it but someone else's kid she doesn't care so much. I hope this breaks them up. They are not meant to be. Just end it please.

And speaking of meant to be, no, John, Will and Sonny were not meant to be!!

Gosh, I hope this is not making ANYONE happy. I don't know why the show thinks that coerced sex is OK at all, whether it be between same or hetero-sex couples. I hope we are right and that Xander is going to get the info he wants and will convince Leo that they had sex. I sure wish that Sarah would just go away.

It looks like Chloe had that same blunt cut hairstyle (?) that Abby and Sarah are sporting, although it does look nice on Sarah when it is curled. That style must be the latest "in thing" since I have seen it everywhere - local news anchors, commercials, etc. It must be the current version of the Rachel, from Friends, haircut.

Thanks, Poirot.

The best part of Rex and Sarah at the pub were the people in the background. The
woman kept looking at them. Then the man made a face when Sarah hit Rex.

I thought Rex was smarter when he was younger..

I laughed when people were discussing how smart Xander was to delete the
video. It doesn't take much to be smarter than the Salem PD.

Should we be surprised Sami's kids are messed up and need looking after?
Nope.. they are Sami's children. I wonder how Sydney is doing.

Thanks, Poirot.

I laughed when people were discussing how smart Xander was to delete the
video. It doesn't take much to be smarter than the Salem PD.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Should we be surprised Sami's kids are messed up and need looking after?
Nope.. they are Sami's children. I wonder how Sydney is doing.

Sydney was the one raised for a while by Nicole...maybe she is doing better than one would think

Why wouldn't Sami's kids be messed up? She's kept Allie from Lucas until recently, and dragged all three kids around Europe looking for EJ for the last four years, and when she finally found him, he's burnt to a crisp and covered in bandages. Sami has also spent all her time recently with him, so the three kids have been left most of the time to themselves.

Maybe Sami will be the wedge that finally breaks Rafe and Hope up for good. I sure hope so.

Leo is a total creep and while I think Xander can definitely take care of himself, I have not liked the way Leo has been throwing himself at him when it is obvious Xander does not reciprocate those feelings. I also feel that Xander did something with Leo's drink.

So Sarah's solution is to go sleep with Eric after Rex admitted he slept with her sister? Not the best idea and I hope on Monday Eric turns her down.

Sami has always cared more about people believing she is a good mother & having her kids like her than actually being a good mother. She also has terrible abandonment issues. Not wanting the kids to be apart is just an excuse to keep the kids from being in a better and healthier environment because they might be better off without her as she is right now. Soon she will have almost all of ex husbands with her and all of her kids too. That is Sami’s dream.

I have been SO bored with this show the past couple weeks. Once again, the wrong characters are leading stories and the ones that should be leading are hardly seen or are mixed in with those wrong characters.

Nothing against the actress but Linsey Godfrey(Sarah) must have a high guarantee. There is no other explanation for her suddenly being everywhere and in every story.

I have no idea who Noel is? Has she ever been on the show? I had to laugh at the people in the background when Sarah and Rex were fighting. And sure Sarah sleep with Rex's brother, that'll fix him!! But Eric really? Gonna sleep with another brother's woman?

This is part of my issue with the show overall. Why are Sarah and Rex suddenly a front burner couple? Neither one has been in Salem for years. And newer viewers have no idea who Noel or even Mimi are for that matter. Why should we care? We have younger couples in Chad/Abby, Ben/Ciara, Tripp/Claire, JJ/Whomever, Will/Sonny, Eli/Lani that the audience is used to. We also have potential with Brady/Chloe again. Instead we get Sarah constantly on our screens either with Eric or Rex. ENOUGH!

Maybe Sami will be the wedge that finally breaks Rafe and Hope up for good. I sure hope so.

I would love nothing more than this but I hate that Sami is offscreen in this case. I'd like to actually see her reconcile with Rafe. I still feel cheated by their last breakup. And I don't want Rafe leaving.

I actually thought the Hope/Rafe conversation covered a lot of important points though I'm tired of Hope acting like Sami isn't related to her. The Johnny stuff made sense however, it would have been nice if we saw more of this pay out on-screen in 2013 and 2014. I agree it's time for SORASed Allie and Johnny and also Lucas to return to Salem. Allie can battle her cousin Claire for Tripp.

It doesn't take much to be smarter than the Salem PD.
Best line of the day, katmouse. :clap:

Soon she will have almost all of ex husbands with her and all of her kids too. That is Sami’s dream.
:clap:

Sami is offscreen
That's the best place for her. May she forever stay that way.

I'm tired of Hope acting like Sami isn't related to her.
Legally, Sami hasn't been related to Hope since Hope and Bo were divorced. I never saw them as ever being "aunt and niece" close anyway.

Last edited:
I agree, Tobyj. I almost choked on a sip of coffee! I used to watch Days when I was a teenager with my mom and grandmother. Those were the days of twin beds and no mention of anything sexual! I can only imagine if young kids were watching with their mom and asked her for an explanation.

Legally, Sami hasn't been related to Hope since Hope and Bo were divorced. I never saw them as ever being "aunt and niece" close anyway.
The only time they were close was during that awful Brady-DiMera storyline. I prefer their relationship as Aunt & Niece than as enemies. They are god awful enemies. The real relationship was always Bo & Sami. Hope just filled in when Bo wasn’t on the show anymore.

I should have worded my comment differently. I'm tired of Hope referring to characters related to both her and Sami as "Sami's family" when they are also Hope's family. If you'd watched yesterday's episode, you'd understand the context of my statement. 2 of Sami's children are biological cousins of Hope. Sami and all 4 of her children are related to Hope by marriage. Divorced or not, Bo and Hope were together for a long time so it's natural to still consider Sami and her kids as nieces and nephews. In the rare scenes we get nowadays, you can tell Hope still considers herself related to Kayla, Roman, Eric, etc. so it's stupid to exclude Sami from that. The only reason the show doesn't acknowledge it now is to contrive angst for Rafe and Hope as well as to make Hope appear more like Sami's peer rather than an older relative.

Sami and all 4 of her children are related to Hope by marriage.
Not only that, but Sami and all four of her children are related to Hope's children and grandchild. Yet Hope acts like they are just some random Salemites sometimes. Although, she often acts that way about Claire, too.

Back