Days of Our Lives - Fri., Jan 23, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, January 23, 2015

And the plots thicken, or at least begin to do so. Replay of JJ grabbing Eve's arm. They are close, staring angrily, when Eve kisses JJ, grabs him, kissing, kissing. BUT, he pushes her away, holds her at arm's length. She stares, then says "I'm getting out of here". Ahh, but meanwhile, Jennifer is outside the front door, fumbling with her key, the door opens, and the two women ...well their jaws drop. Jen demands to know what she is doing there, Eve quickly starts yammering about JJ hurting Paige, Jennifer already has heard enough, throws her out of the house.
Jen questions the reluctant JJ, who says yes he will tell her, then says he asked Eve to come, because he saw Paige with Cole. That surprises Jen, who knows Cole went to jail, but she is not satisfied. JJ sarcastically says why don't you tell Dr. Dan to come over and pry it out of me. Jen, however, feels JJ still cares about Paige, so just wants to know why they cannot fix whatever went wrong between them, further telling JJ he is worthy, has rebuilt his life, etc. But JJ tells her that he knows exactly who he is, grabs his jacket and leaves.
Eve has run over to the college, found Paige, wants to do lunch. Nope, she has class, and isn't going to miss it for sushi, as Eve suggested. Eve harps on her about getting over JJ, & it is not important for her to know who JJ slept with. Well, it is to Paige, she tells her mom how Rory told her that JJ only told him he had made a big mistake. (this was a bit earlier). So she knows JJ is sorry he hurt her, but she cannot move on unless she finds out who JJ slept with, and she WILL find out. She takes off for class.

Marlena comes to visit Eric, mostly to trash on Nicole, and hope Serena, who is such a nice girl, doesn't let Nicole get her down. ERic isn't sure about him & Serena, but Marlena notes that his life went thru a lot of changes since he left Africa, and Serena's has not. Eric comments about becoming a priest, not being one, then nearly running off to marry a sociopath. (yep, hit on Nicole day, all over the place)

At the hospital, Serena runs into Daniel, wants to talk about Nicole, which Daniel doesn't want to do. Serena takes a few pot shots at Nicole, then says she figures that she is not going to do anything TO Nicole, just won't talk about her to Daniel, and he won't mention her to Serena. (weird conversation). He agrees, they shake hands.

Meanwhile, Nicole had Ted Carpenter in her office, ready to spill the dirt. Seems he used to be Serena's partner in the research projects, for years. But the last one (this is all so lame) he had worked on for years. Shows Nicole a folder with an article containing both names. But Serena stole it all, took his name off, no credit to him. Seems she was planning this for a long time, insisted all the research info be on her computer, and he could not argue, as the grants were in her name, so he has no proof, it is all on her computer. If Nicole can gain access, without Serena knowing, it would all be there, but if Serena has the lightest hint, she will destroy it all. Nicole is not happy about this, will have to think about it, will let him know.

Clyde meets up with Jeremiah, who is not all that enthusiastic about going to war with Kiriakis. Clyde gets ticked, he is the boss, what he says goes. Victor is going to learn fast.

Eric is on his way out the door, Serena calls, chit chat, actually, she is right outside his door. She comes in, they sit, decide to go have lunch, but he has to stop at Jen's to drop off some photos. Kiss, kiss, she will run her errands, and meet him a bit later.

Nicole goes to see Daniel, apologizing for how she acted last night, ruining the nice date by getting in a brawl, then walking out on him because he would not despise Serena. Not fair. Before you know it, they are kissing, she doesn't want to go anywhere, without first enjoying some makeup sex. Will meet him in the shower. He is in there (no necklace this time) hoping there won't be any more trouble with Nicole & Serena. Nicole has hung up on MIles, is on her way to the shower, knock, knock. Yep, it is Serena, who will come back later. Nope, Nicole wants to talk to her now.

Kate is at Victor's, wanting to buy back his shares in the DiMera company, he refuses, and knows something else is on her mind, and it must be about her boyfriend. She claims to have the 6th sense about some trouble, he asks if she is Celeste. She talks of the clash of the Titans, Vic says there is only one Titan in this town. She reminds him of how the families were hurt with the wars between Stefano & Victor, even their own son. Vic reminds her it did not stop her from crawling into Stefano's bed. He says Clyde is not going to do-si-do into Salem and think he can take it over.
Later Damon arrives, telling Victor that Clyde has two men on his payroll now, just hired, giving him the names, saying Jeremiah hired them for Clyde. Vic looks at the names, knows what their specialty is, and mutters that Clyde is in for a rude awakening, if he thinks this is going to work.

Clyde meets up Kate, having ordered a couple of drinks so they can make a toast, even if it is only lunch time. He is happy, he thinks Salem is paradise (because she is there), his business is booming, he is reunited with his family, and people are thinking highly of him and thanking him for his generosity. Kate mentions seeing Victor, and sensing he is not so happy. Clyde thinks a bit of competition is healthy, she mentions the DiMera/Kiriakis conflicts that had all the families suffering. Clyde isn't worried at all, & if he needs her help, he will let her know . He gets a text message, seems his son has been arrested. He has to leave and see what the heck that is all about.

Thanks for the summary.

You forgot a few scenes. Paige continues talking with Cole, forgives him since he's been hurt worse. Rory comes over as Cole leaves and criticizes Paige for "flirting" with Cole, and Paige is shocked he doesn't know what happens, and enlightens him. At the Pub, Aiden tells Hope that he closed the deal on the summer beach house. The kids come over and are shocked. Ciara goes to check on Caroline's peach pie (and of course, Caroline is nowhere to be seen). Aiden promises to make this easier on Chase by taking him for vacation anywhere he wants. Chase wants to go to the beach house one more time, and Aiden agrees, even though he looks nervous. Ciara returns, saying there isn't any pie. Chase invites Ciara and Hope, and Aiden angrily shouts "NO!", surprising Hope.

I'm really only interested in the Kate-Victor-Clyde scenes today. Hope and Aiden today were just filler. The teens and Eve, as usual, are a boring snoozefest. And I'm not interested in seeing Eric, Marlena, and Serena continue to be self-righteous bullies of Nicole. As for Nikki, her interview with the guy was a letdown, because the story behind Serena was dull, unimaginative, and just all around fell flat of everyone's expectations. Well, I guess that's what I get for expecting anything good from this writing regime/TIIC.

Apologizing.........but the scenes were so short, forgot them. Aiden & Hope in the Pub, he tells her he got a buyer for the beach house, but wants to wait a bit before telling Chase. Of course Chase and Ciara have come in, Chase wants to know WHAT?? Hope takes Ciara and is going to leave, until Ciara talks about Gramma & peach pie, so she goes in the kitchen, Hope waits on the side, Aiden tells Chase, who wants to go to the beach house one more time to say goodbye. Aiden agrees, Ciara comes back, Chase tells her, then asks her & Hope to come with. aiden starts to say.....no, no.

Serena: You got to hand it to the writers for knowing EXACTLY just what keeps people glued to their seats; taking credit for another writer's research. Never mind that we don't know what the research was. I don't know about the rest of you but I was wishing I had big old tub of popcorn the whole time Ted was telling his tale. This is the stuff summer blockbusters are built on baby! :clap:

I'm usually the kind of viewer that gives any new character a chance but for some reason I just can't with Serena. It was the way she came completely out of nowhere and was basically shoved down our throats with her tales of the "great love" she shared with Eric in Africa. The only thing I want her to do is return from the nowhere from whence she came and do it as soon as possible.

As for Nikki, her interview with the guy was a letdown, because the story behind Serena was dull, unimaginative, and just all around fell flat of everyone's expectations. Well, I guess that's what I get for expecting anything good from this writing regime/TIIC.

Somehow I think Mr. Carpenter isn't being totally candid with Nicole. There's got to be more going on there. Gotta be.

Somehow I think Mr. Carpenter isn't being totally candid with Nicole. There's got to be more going on there. Gotta be.
Good point. This Ted Carpenter is either a total dolt or is feeding Nicole a line of b/s. It's hardly likely that anyone who works on a written report -- including one that's co-authored -- doesn't have notes and drafts on a computer or a flash drive. The idea of this guy and sketchy Serena taking turns on her computer, if true, sounds like one of those "only in Salem" scenarios. As for today's real action, Victor vs. Clyde, Stefano would be impressed with Victor's information-gathering network. He knew that creepy Clyde had hired out-of-town "talent," almost immediately after it actually happened. Perhaps, during the Salem Christmas season, children should be shown a photo of Victor and be told: "he knows if you've been bad or good ...."

Some great lines today. Loved all the Victor scenes, particularly when he interacted with Kate.
I think Rory spoke for all of us today when he told Paige: "you know, I used to think you were just boring but I think I may have given you too much credit." :hug:

Back