Days of Our Lives - Fri. Jan. 24, 2014

LOL........@Dr. Baker.....the gals don't have to dress in these layers like me (I don't dress that way for church, or going out to dinner) but you CAN dress sensibly for cold weather in the midwest. And that means higher necks and long sleeves.....among other things. Skirt knee length. Stockings.
Exactly. That midwest winter cold is no joke (except in Salem). When living in Evanston, IL, right on Lake Michigan, I can recall a January when the temperature never rose above freezing and when temperatures reached the mid-20s, some people walked around with their coats open because it felt "warm." If sleeveless Jen and doctor-detective Jonas had been there, he'd have been treating her for frostbite and hypothermia.

I had to laugh when everyone kept making a point of saying how this was Arianna's day, while there were a bunch of secretive meetings scattered all over the place. It was more like the day of reckoning.

I applaud Eric for attending the christening and facing St. Luke's. When he told Father Matt that it was his home, perhaps that portends his decision...provided he is cleared, of course. Remains to be seen.

Did not care for Julie's annoying remarks, especially about the last time Eric was in the church. I'm glad that Hope lassoed her in, as much as she could. There is a time and place for everything, but Julie knows no boundaries.

Once again, people are talking openly about the wrong things, when anyone could be listening. Using the word "murder" is never a good idea.

Arianna is such a good little girl, never cries, always looks like she is intent on figuring out what the heck is going on! She looked absolutely angelic, and I actually misted up during the christening. I also thought back to sweet little Grace. That storyline shook me to the core.

I really felt a connection to Guy Wilson (Will) today, in his intimate scenes with Sonny, Gabi and Arianna. They truly look like a family. Kudos to Guy for
integrating into the cast so seamlessly after only a short period of time.:clap:

The ceremony was ruined by Gabi's flashback to the river, but I know it was done for dramatic effect and as a hint to what was to come later.

I am loving Ralph Waite (Father Matt)...what a perfect role for him. I thought this when he made his first appearance. Glad he is still around.

Excellent dialogue today at the ceremony. Everyone said such beautiful things and Abby's really hit home with many, talking about how families have each other's backs.

Thank goodness there was no hanky panky in the church between EJ and Abby. She looked like she was going to fall into his arms for a minute there. They are both fighting their desires, it is inevitable they will be together again. Duh.

I, personally, don't think Nick was a daydream/hallucination. And if this is true, that he was indeed there in the flesh, he didn't look any worse for wear, healed from the rock wound, and seemingly playing along with the story the gals concocted. He could say that he heard the christening was today and tried to make it, couldn't communicate with anyone since losing his cell service, and really freak out those who know what happened. If he's truly there, thank you, Days, for not keeping us wondering until Monday. Initially, it looked like we would just see a glimpse of a man whose presence shocked many, and when the camera panned up to Nick's face, THAT WAS MUST-SEE TV! Nothing can tbe taken at face value, of course. We will find out, soon enough, if this actually happened. Let the games continue.

I think Salem is under a dome, due to the way people dress, especially Jennifer.

Liked Sami's hair but not the dress so much.

I LOVE HATING NICK!:clap:

Saw the show live today and loved Samantha being jealous of Rafe & Jordan, Lucas and Rafe, Abigail and EJ, Eric and Father Matt...it was just nice. Jennifer and Gabi's dresses were hideous, though, and I really cannot stand Julie. Her comment about Eric was very inappropriate and I'm tired of her whining about Nick all the time. The Nick reveal...we all saw this coming, and frankly, I wish he really was dead, so I could care less about that part.

"Sorry, am I interrupting?"

And just like that, in under 30 seconds, with just one line, a slight turn of the head, and ominously closing the church doors behind him, Nick steals the episode.

Loved the contrast of the shocked faces on one side of the church compared to the loving smiles on the other side.

I'm glad that the baby got christened. It was a beautiful ceremony. I'm Jewish and have never attended a christening. Is it normal for the godparents to give a speech?

Arianna is beyond adorable and the twins who play her are very good babies. They seem very used to being passed around. Of course we don't know how many takes it took but it looked like she easily goes from one person to another.

As much as I love EJ and Abby and want to see more, I did NOT like the way he was trying to intimidate her at the end. But I LOVE that no matter how hard he tries to lie to or to scare Abigail, she does NOT fall for it!

Sami had more chemistry with Rafe in 30 seconds than I've seen with her and EJ ever. I actually liked that for once it was Sami cracking about Jordan and not Kate. I do like the fact that Rafe was there alone. It's about time he started doing things other than hanging with Jordan in a secluded apartment or dining establishment. I also would have liked to have seen a hug between Sami and Rafe. These writers want us to forget about their love story and that doesn't work for me--she just saved his life! For goodness sake, she was practically in Lucas' lap while he was holding the baby. And no hug with Rafe? Please!

Why wasn't the potluck held at The Brady Pub? Where were Sami's younger kids? Wouldn't Ciara and Theresa be there too?

I did NOT like Marlena basically being a supporting character. Same with Roman but unfortunately that is now expected. Marlena is not.

Fashion Notes:
Sami: Liked the dress but not that color. It did look bridal and it washed her out. I would have preferred a darker color.
Julie: Looked like she kept the coat on entire episode
Jen: Ok with hair and dress
Hope: Cute outfit
Kate: Still figuring out her outfit
Men: Loving all the suits and ties today, especially on Eric

As for Nick, I agree it's either a daydream or he has amnesia or it's not Nick! Maybe it's a look alike. Though when he walked in, I was laughing out loud hysterically. It seemed odd how he came in and turned around to close the doors. I also loved how the church cleared out so that only the "key players" were in the room when Nick walked in. I'll be watching again over the weekend.

@Heather.....have never seen godparents give any sort of speech...only answers to questions posed by the priest during the ceremony. And I myself have been a god mother a few times and ...nope, never had to give a speech.

Thanks for the summary.

That baby is so darn cute & adorable with such big curious eyes. I'm so glad the christening happened & is done in 1 day.

Loved Eric not wanting Marlena to get shrink all on him. I can imagine being the child of a psychologist or any mental health professional would elicit the same response many times.

Throwing reality out the window with the Salem dress code is 1 thing but it doesn't help at all when taping so far in advance when we get such severe weather as what's been happening. A shorter tape til screen time could've helped some. Or at least having Celeste, the character, on the writing team. lol

OH MY GOODNESS...Everyone has that one little old lady in their family that you love too death because she has no filter and says whatever is on her mind. Julie is so that woman in the Horton family. I about died when Eric walked past and she said it was brave of him to show up because the last time it was on a screen. And Hope being exasperated and pretty much saying give it a rest. :rotfl::rotfl:

I've never had to give a speech for either one of my Catholic goddaughters. (I'm also Catholic.) There were a few questions about vowing to assist the parents in raising the child in the church, and doing it myself if something happened to the parents.

I'm also godmother to my niece and nephew in their Lutheran church. Strange, but my sister knew that I was the only one of an otherwise all Catholic family to make sure they were raised Lutheran if anything happened to her and her hubby.

Full episode......

Thank you x 100000000000!! Missed the live show so was reading your summary (forgot to dvr it thinking I would be home in time). And since it's youtube I can Chromecast it to the tv & it'll be just like live watching without waiting until tomorrow.

Again, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! :clap:

That's a good point about the tape schedule influencing the wardrobe. Yes they know in advance that it's Midwest Winter but with a shorter tape time, they could be more sensitive to current conditions too. I noticed a blunder earlier in the week as well when Daniel said to Brady "You probably already turned your phone off" meaning for the flight. The FAA lifted the ban on in-flight electronics under 10,000 feet about a month ago. With a shorter tape to air time, they could have fixed that dialogue too.

One of the characters said something the other day about it being January. They also have just had Christmas, so I really don't think that even if they taped 6 months in advance, they could not be aware that it is COLD and SNOWY in the midwest in winter.Sure no one expected it to be THIS cold, and SO MUCH snow...so it is hard to understand how they can just ignore the weather the way they do.
Yes the weather is usually pretty nice in California, there just has to be someone around with some common sense.

EJ and Sami were sitting next to each other and the look like complete "STRANGERS" Sami and Lucas bodies were touching....Sami seems to only want EJ to clean put her monthly crimes...Noticed how abruptly she left him standing her when he told them, he wasn't going to do anything to get Abby to "shut"up!

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much Poirot! I wasn't going to get to see it till morning. I loved loved loved EJ! Besides the beautiful baby, he was the star of this show! I loved how he used his Mojo on Abigail in that last scene of them together, it had me stuttering too. Sami's dress was beautiful and her hair complimented it. Caroline certainly cleaned up nice:) I have to say, I am so glad Nick is back, he adds a crazy edge to this show that I've been missing. I cannot wait till Monday!!

Back