Days of Our Lives - Fri., Jan. 24, 2020

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, January 24, 2020

This show was totally emotionally draining, difficult to watch. Nothing but tears, misery, sadness, a bit of anger. Very well acted, as our characters deal with the deaths of 3 Salemites.

Present day, Ciara comes to see Will at the prison, telling him that he is not responsible for the death of Adrienne. Will is disbelieving, and the show returns to last Mother's Day. There is a lot of jumping around. Justin is with Adrienne, talking to Kayla, remembering when he gave her the wedding ring, how happy she was, they'd just spent time with Jack & Jen, the 4 Musketeers as he called them. He talks of that day, how wonderful it was, how Adrienne was speechless, unusual for her, he smiles. He puts the rings away in his pocket, goes out to see to Sonny.

Will is telling Sonny how he was the driver of the car that caused the accident. Sonny is disbelieving, the car was black, his is grey. Will says dark grey, and it was dark. He admits being distracted, was texting his mom for mother's day, heard horn blaring. Did not think he was out of his lane, but must have been. He swerved off the road, saw the car behind him in the ditch. Sonny is furious, both are in tears, Justin comes out, what is the arguing. Sonny goes off to the side, Will now relates it all to Justin. (Some things are done off camera, we come back from commercial to the result). Will relates going to the car, Adrienne talking to him, calling 911. Justin likes she was alert then, happy, etc. Sonny tells Will to go, he does, is very sorry, wishes it could have, should have been him.

Replay of the entire Kristen/Haley scenes from yesterday. As Haley falls down the stairs, Abby appears, looks up at Kristen, what did you do. Kristen turns, and walks away, Abby is yelling for help, yelling for Kristen, she cannot find a pulse on Haley.

JJ has gone to see his father, who is with Jen, still in a coma. Jack is in shock, has to go see his sister, no, JJ doesn't have to come. JJ will go find Abby, let her know. Jack goes in with Adrienne, Kayla comes in, she is so sorry. She leaves him for a bit.

JJ finds Abby sitting in a waiting area, goes to tell her, only she says she already knows, she was there, saw the whole thing. She hugs JJ, so sorry, Haley.......he pushes her..what about Haley. Abby realizes he doesn't know, relates hearing arguing, thought it sounded like Kristen, then a scream, she rounds the corner, Kristen at top of stairs, Haley at bottom. JJ rushes off to see Haley. Abby goes to see Adrienne (gets the news from Kayla) and be with her dad.

Xander has brought the baby to Sarah, who is overjoyed, so happy. (it is live baby, not doll in blanket) She does remark that somehow the baby looks different than she remembered, Xander asks if she thinks he brought her wrong baby. All smiles, happy talk, til Rafe comes in, has some questions about the accident, while still fresh in her mind. He mentions Adrienne dying, Sarah did not know, all upset, Rafe leaves, will be back later. Sarah is saying all her fault, Adrienne taking her to hospital, etc. Xander assures her not her fault, was the driver of the other car, and he knows who, it was Will, overheard him admitting it. She feels so bad for Will, but eventually is happy with her baby, thanking Xander for delivering her.

Brady comes into Kristen's room, just called his dad, sees upset Kristen, who will not say a word as to what is wrong. JJ bursts in, yelling at Kristen, what have you done, calls her a couple choice names, storms out, she is going to pay. Kristen slowly tells Brady how Nurse Chen came in without the baby, left, she followed her, questioned her, She said our baby did not make it. We were in the stairwell, I was at the top, and suddenly she was at the bottom. Brady goes, gets the deceased baby, brings her in so they can say goodbye. Kristen won't even look, no, no, no. But he takes her hand, puts the baby in her arms, she cries. Rafe comes in, Brady says I know why you are here, please we lost our baby, come back later. Rafe leaves.

JJ is with Haley, pulls a ring box from his pocket, looking at it. He lays down on the gurney, atop and embracing Haley.

And then a montage of scenes, music, we see people talking, but nothing is audible. Jack & Abby stand in silence as Kayla draws the sheet up over Adrienne. Sarah & Xander smile at their baby (they have chosen the name Mackenzie, to be called Mickey, after her adoptive father, best man in world). Will is explaining all to Rafe. Justin & Sonny come along, stop, just look. Brady & Kristen hold the baby, nuzzling. JJ takes the ring from the box, puts it in Haley's hand, closing her fingers over it. He lays on her chest in tears.

Back to present day, Ciara has told Will what she overheard. So you see, you are innocent. Will finds it hard to believe it was Maggie. Yes, replies Ciara, now you know, and everyone else has to know as well. Will doesn't look as tho he agrees.

I have no idea who thought all this sadness & misery would be entertaining viewing, but they clearly need to rethink it all, not putting it all in one episode. No, Sarah's happiness with "her" baby doesn't negate the fact it seems to have been switched with another, and thus a crime has been committed.

What a joke, to have Rafe coming in to ask questions about the accident, when absolutely not a cop or even a siren, flashing blue lights, NOthing, was at the scene.

I was shocked when Sarah looked at the baby and said she somehow looked different than what she remembered, that she seemed like a different baby. Xander said Sarah's probably just discombobulated from the accident. Sarah chuckles and agrees.

AT least they gave a nod to the fact mothers would notice a difference. Evidently Kristen does not. I give Chandler Massey (Will) a lot of credit, he does very well, hating to have to tell Sonny......and Justin later, but doing so, hard as it is for him.

Xander shows he was not happy with his deception, but is grateful that Sarah is happy.

And then there is that jack of all trades at the the hospital, Kayla. She was the one in surgery with Adrienne, the one who greeted the gurney bringing her in, and is also the morgue attendant.

Dr. Raynor vanished, & poor Rafe got about 3 lines today.

I was also surprised at how quickly Will's involvement became known. He flat out told Sonny, Justin and Rafe. Usually that kind of thing drags out for weeks or months.
Dr. Raynor vanished
It'll be interesting to see if it's ever shown that Xander switched babies on the sly and just told Dr. Raynor that she had mistakenly thought she was working on Baby Horton, or if Victor paid her off to switch babies, and she left town.

No, the doctor wasn't shown again. So we don't know how that all happened. Maybe it'll be shown in a flashback at a later time.

All I can say is Happy Mother's Day. My goodness. That's more than ever happened in ONE day. Thanks for the write-up.

So, did the doctor who pronounced the baby dead ever return? Wouldn't she know which baby that was? This happened many months ago. Did she never raise questions or attempt to clear this up?
That is what I was griping about. That doc left Xander & Victor in the nursery, alone, with a dead baby, and never even went to tell the mother! Just vanished! Now that Mickey is sick, needing a bone marrow transplant, maybe the truth will come out....maybe not. But that doctor only got 1 episode appearance......at least so far.

I'll be curious to see where the framing of Will comes in since it seems like he just took responsibility right away. And honestly once Xander heard him say that I don't know why he didn't just think Will was possibly telling the truth. I'd like this story better if it was that they kept quiet about a second possible reason for the accident.

Thanks for the write up!

Maggie has to have some sort of recall first. Either a dream, or having something seem familiar, or maybe a letter from Summer, apologizing for causing the car accident, making it look like her. This letter could be written to be delivered after her death????

SPECULATION!!!! GUESSING!

I have no idea who thought all this sadness & misery would be entertaining viewing, but they clearly need to rethink it all, not putting it all in one episode.
Agree. If episodes had titles this one could have been "Let's Seriously Depress the Audience" or "How Many People Can We Have Die?" If the writers are so set on killing people, why not have the Black Death strike Salem, killing off half the population. That said, here a few questions.

Will Justin and Sonny rush to apologize to Will after the truth comes out about who caused the accident?

Can a visitor really just walk around a hospital with a dead infant the way Brady was doing?

Why hasn't anyone notified Melinda Trask about the death of her daughter? It might have made for a great scene if an enraged Melinda had barged into Kristen's hospital room to tell her that she was going down for murder.

Why not charge Kristen with murder for the death of Haley? Sure, the way it was seen on-screen, it looked like an accident, but it would be poetic justice if Kristen went to prison for a crime that she didn't commit after all the major criminal acts that she's gotten away with. (Some thanks to the brilliant Mayor Deveraux).

Couldn't the writers have made up a better exit for Judi Evans (Adrienne) than lying on a hospital bed pretending to be dead while some of her fellow cast members wept over her? After all her years on Days, she deserved something better than this.

It seems to me (and I am basing this on the recaps because of the impeachment hearings) that the accident that killed Adrienne was not fully investigated. Will said "I did it" and the Salem PD says "OK." He thought he was responsible; not positive he was responsible.

The hospital dropped the ball with the baby switch debacle. The doctor vanishes and leaves Victor and Xander with the baby. They should not have been in the room when the doctors were trying to revive the baby. Then, we have Brady walking around with the poor baby. The hospital must be as inept as the police department! Don't get me started on Dr. Kayla! She can do everything from a heart transplant to fixing a hangnail! She must have gone to the same medical school as Dr. TanDan. You can do anything and everything when you graduate.

I know this is a soap and we have to suspend reality a lot, but come on! The Salem brain must have run away with the writer brain because nothing is making sense anymore. OK.. Rant over!

I'm guessing here's how this played out: :sarcasm:

Will (to Rafe): I'm guilty, I did it. I was texting and caused the accident.

Rafe (to Will): OK, you're under arrest, let's go down to the police station.

Rafe talks to "Hope", explains what happened. She doesn't give a flying-fig and tells him to handle it.

They manage to go before a judge within an hour.

Will (to judge): I'm guilty, I did it. I was texting and caused the accident.

Judge: Alrighty, then. Guilty! You are hereby sentenced to an undetermined amount of years in prison. Oh yeah, and your cellmate will be Ben Weston, the guy who once "killed" you. Case closed.

Victor (thinking to himself): Good, two birds, one stone. My beloved Maggie is in the clear and Sonny's no longer stuck with Sami's whiny brat.

Back