Days of Our Lives - Fri. Jan. 31, 2014

I hope this storyline with Nick moves a little faster. Sure, he returned before we thought he would (do most of us already knew he was not dead), but I just hope his threats and inuendos become clearer as they could become boring and quite repetitive. So... move it along, please. At least, we get to see Percy and at last find out if he was the one to save Nick and toy with the ladies. Unless, again, his role is not made clear just yet and this gets dragged.

Abigail and EJ : Their few short scenes together were great. Still love them !

Jordan and Rafe : I still find them boring. Like KathyLu said, aside from football, they hardly ever talk for real. So Rafe still knows nothing about Jordan and yet, he seems fine with that. Really strange for a cop. Again, let's move this along.

Nicole and Daniel : For sure one of them is going to get hurt. I'm betting on Nicole again. But I did like her telling it like it is to Daniel. Still hoping these two end up together and Dan realizes he was an idiot for letting this great woman go when he chose shrew Jennifer. But, speaking about Daniel, I found it strange that he called Maggie using the hospital phone, then right after, used his cell to call Parker. But even stranger is that Maggie apparently knew it was Daniel when she answered the first call. I guess Dr. Dan is so important now in Salem's hospital that all the phones show his name now. Next step : Dan is going to have a special red phone, like Batman, for all kinds of emergencies. Oh, and lastly, I still hate that Daniel calls Maggie "mom". :beat:

I honestly cannot stand Daniel calling Maggie "Mom". She is NOT his MOM. But then, she doesn't even remember the children who DO and SHOULD call her mom.

Am also at a loss about the assumed name thing. Maybe Nicole has a company credit card??? So it would be in the name of the TV station? (I know, I doubt that, too, but, Salemites get away with a lot, all over the world!)

Thanks for the summary. It helps me stay up to date on those days I miss the show. And the youtube videos too of parts & the complete day's show.

Is it just me, or is anyone else finding Nick's little jabs at people (possibly about his death) hilarious? I was laughing when he was talking to Kate about the waterproof makeup. Now adding Percy really steps things up, because we might get a little bit of insight into Nick's crazy plan for the women. I hope this storyline doesn't go too dark though. Even though Nick is torturing them, it's still fun to watch vs. hard to stomach like other past villanous deeds in Salem (coughkristenfatherericvideocough and coughnickshomophobiaagainstwillandsonnycough and cougheveryrapestorylinecough). Like right now the tone of it makes me kind of expect Nick at any moment to say "and I could have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for those meddling women."

Overall though, this episode was kind of a filler. Just an episode to waste time before the action really starts. But Abby and EJ did have a nice moment at the hospital. I'm having difficulty remembering I hate EJ because him and Abby are almost....too cute. He has the look of a schoolboy in love when he's around Abby.

Also, I don't think Blake Berris (Nick) was foreshadowing anything. I think he mentioned before how Kate Mansi (Abby) and him hoped they get to have a romance but then they remembered they were cousins on the show. They just seem to be close friends in real life (like Galen Gering (Rafe) and them), so probably just wanted more onscreen time. I just think Nick knows about the affair and won't physically attack Abby. I think he does care about her, but right now his revenge is more important than family loyalty. Tis kind of the way of Nick as we've seen with his treatment of Will in the past.

Sami will come home and find EJ doodling on a notebook:

EJ loves Abby

Abby loves EJ

EJ + Abby = LOVE

Abby + EJ = True Love Always

Mrs. Abigail DiMera

Mr. EJ Deveraux

How long will it be before children on the St. Luke's playground are chanting: "EJ and Abby sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g ...?"

While I'm kind of tired of the story, I've enjoyed Nick's lines. The double-meaning behind so many of them is really funny! Just when you think they have run that course, he comes up with waterproof mascara... through blood, sweat, and tears! LOL! Again, great lines, even when the overall story is just so-so for me.

I also think it's funny that Sami and Kate keep telling EJ to "do whatever it takes" to keep Abby quiet. Well, ok, he says. (Even though that apparently was not the reason why "it" happened.) But somehow I don't think that's quite what they had in mind, though I think Sami and Kate's reactions might be slightly different! The way in which the two of them keep saying that line is just kind of funny to me. It's gonna bite ya!

The actor playing Nick is REALLY GOOD at being creepy. I remember liking him way back when, before he went nuts. Now, I can't even see him as potentially nice... he always looks creepy and up to something!

I agree with others... I think Percy helped Nick. I'm not sure if either know more than they let on, but it is too coincidental that all this is lining up, especially with Nicks arrogant attitude. Of course, it would be rather soapy if it were all just coincidence and someone confessed because they thought they were caught... and it would be equally as soapy if Nick is playing everybody, just to see how much he can get out of it. I guess we'll see!

Maybe it's just me, but shouldn't a wall safe be located somewhere other than on what appears to be an exterior wall beside the front door? Maybe I interpret the set incorrectly, but I can't imagine that anyone with a brain would put a safe there! Just a strange observation.

Their personalities seem to match more. Both are generally mild-mannered and kind, patient, nice. Sami is more intense and erratic.
Jordan carries herself more comfortably, works daily, and dresses more casually than most of the women of Salem, in their hoity toity fancy clothes and high heels, even when just "hanging out." She and Rafe both seem more down to earth and real.

Jordan and Rafe : I still find them boring. Like KathyLu said, aside from football, they hardly ever talk for real. So Rafe still knows nothing about Jordan and yet, he seems fine with that. Really strange for a cop. Again, let's move this along.
I don't think this storyline will move along unless/until the writers find a way to make Sami part of it.

I said this in another thread yesterday but between the EJ/Abby affair and Jordan's unknown past, I could see them adding Sami back into the mix here, especially if everyone starts working together to take down Nick. If Sami starts to get jealous of Jordan and I suspect she will, it will also soften the blow of the EJ/Abby affair when it's revealed. She'll still go to town on EJ and Abby but she'll also have no issue moving on quickly either.

Nick sure is creepy!!! The way he was talking to Abigail was giving me the heebie jeebies! Weird!!!!!

Even though we all guessed Percy would be associated with Nick, I was laughing and thinking how corny at the same time. Very interested to see what happens next. No doubt in my mind that Nick remembers it all.

I like Nicole and Daniel working together. I think they would be a good couple.

What exactly will Brady do with Daniel's key?

EJ/Abby, I was glad when she walked out of the waiting room. I want a little tiny bit of a chase.

I think Nick likely thinks that Abigail knows about the whole situation between him and Gabi/Kate/Sami, and even if she doesn't, he probably knows EJ did. That being said, Will is also Nick's cousin, and look what Nick was doing to him (even if Will weren't gay, I think Nick would have acted the same just so Gabi was "all his"). Revealing an affair Abigail is taking part in is nowhere near as awful as trying to keep her child from her, nor putting her in prison for attempted murder.

With Brady eavesdropping on Victor's conversation with Maggie, he is aware that Victor is going to have all the Titan people watching him....so Brady takes the key, knows Daniel & Nicole will both be out of town, so he can use Dan's apt. to drink himself into a stupor with no one being the wiser.

Either Percy or Nick probably took those pics of EJ & Abby, and makes no difference who took them, I think Nick has them, and yes, I think he figures it is a good Ace in the hole, to hold. Perhaps to keep Sami at bay or something. ???

Sorry, I need my laptop!

Thread: "I like Daniel... currently." --- Wilde Woman, post #14: "Most dogs can be housebroken."
Then you should delete the comments from this thread and put them in the thread they belong in.

Back