Days of Our Lives - Fri., Jan. 4, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, January 4, 2019

Chad is holding Charlotte (played by doll in blanket), walking around as Abigail comes in. She takes the baby, he explains JJ had to go to work, asked him to watch her, he had come by as had to see her. Abby says wasn't JJ's call to make, tells him to go. He begins talking about Gabi paying for what she has done, Abby informs him she is not pressing charges. Chad gets upset, but Abby says it is over, she doesn't forgive Gabi, never will, but doesn't want Ari to go without her mother. Chad argues a bit, but Abby is firm, then calmly gets on his case. He did not believe her, trust her, see her, see that she was Abigail. He admits too blinded by hatred of Stefan, lost sight of what was more important, his wife and family. He owes Sonny big time, Abby is very cold shoulder, he asks if she is going to keep him from Charlotte. No, he was kept from her too long already by Gabi. She will bring the kids over to Kmansion later. Now he tells of Victor kicking them out, so that will not work.

Jack is wanting the truth from Eve, who spins her lies and evades and evades. She makes light of Jen, but does admit she & Jack married only for money, so she could inherit a big bundle. He is trying to take it all in, talks of how nice Jen seemed, Eve discounts that, really pours it on at how good she & Jack were together. He asks why they divorced.....she shrugs that off. He thinks he should not have chased Abigail off, should go see her. Eve tells him time for that. He says he has grandchildren, wants to see them. Now she babbles about Abby, marrying a man who was in love with her alter (Jack really doesn't seem to understand all this), talking fast, as she insists Abby has to have time to sort her own life out, so plenty of time for Jack to see her later.

Stefan is at hospital, telling Kayla he filed a complaint against her with Seth Burns, negligence, as she allowed Gabi to tamper with the DNA results. Kayla replies Gabi happened to be in her office when the results were delivered, while Kayla was away on emergency. She had nothing to do with it. She bitterly accuses Stefan once again of espionage, but he insists he has tried to help the ISA find the culprit, then says maybe they are unable because they had right person to begin with. Maybe Steve Johnson has been selling government secrets himself. He winks, says Happy New Year, leaves.

Jen rushes into Pub, Roman saying he heard Jack alive. Yes, but remembers nothing. (warning, rewrite of accident) , then says you went down, saw him. Roman says yes, paramedics working on him, but he was dead, sent to morgue. Maybe that is where Dr. Rolf injected the serum, maybe one of the medics was in Stefano's pocket. Jennifer says that serum brought Will back, maybe we can get it for Jack. In comes Kayla, Jen says the same to Kayla, who says JJ already asked. Seth Burns has the formula, she has put in a call to him to see if they can have some.

Ben arrives at Ciara's with flowers, sorry he did not make the big ride with her on Christmas. He avoids telling her what he had to do for Stefan on Christmas, they jabber a bit, she wants to go for that ride now, so off they go.

Gabi is still sitting in the interrogation room, Rafe has come in, with Hope. Abby isn't pressing charges, but Gabi is still worried as Stefan has it out for her. She tells of being kidnapped, not hurt, tho Stefan threatened to do so, but he let her go. Rafe is out for blood, Hope tries to stop him, nope. Stefan returns home, comes in, only to be strongarmed by Rafe who has him down on a table, arms behind his back. Stefan gasps protests, Rafe talks of his sister, Stefan wiggles out of it, blah, blah.

Hope is left with Gabi, Trask calls, since Abby won't press charges, she doesn't have much of a case, Gabi can go. She asks who actually did the kidnapping.....learns it was Ben. Happy day for Hope.

Gabi on phone in square, tells Ari they will go ice skating. Chad comes along, will never ever forgive her, she will end up paying for what she did.

Ciara & Ben returned from ride, him calling her on being a speed demon. Claire & Tripp at work, stay for a while. They are making out on sofa, fierce knocking at door. Tis Hope with her news of Ben's part in kidnapping Gabi.

Rafe gets call, hangs up, happily now handcuffs Stefan, he is being indicted for treason.

Eve continues with her spin of lies, and now is seducing Jack, talking of how they never made love (read that as having sex) while married, that everyone loves bad boys, he is bad, so is she, that he is so sexy, no time like the present, why not celebrate. She kisses him......

I liked everything Abby said to Chad today. Everything she said and everything she feels is understandable.

I find it hilarious that finding out about Stefan is what makes Rafe take action and show real emotion.

I’m hoping Jen or Abby don’t walk in on Jack and Eve. They have used that trope too much.

Oh Jack. How dumb are you? I wasn't watching when he and Eve were together. I thought she married him to get money from him but today she said they married because they wanted to get a lot of money. I'm confused if someone can enlighten me exactly what happened.

I can only hope that Abigail sticks to her guns with Chad. To me too it is unforgivable what he did. He would not listen. She said this is different. It doesn't feel like it did before but he would not listen at all!!

Ugh Ben, Ben, Ben. You had to kidnap someone! Just played right into Hope's hands!!! I really want him redeemed. I would have liked it better if Hope caught them in bed.

Nick Corelli died and left money to Eve, but she could only claim it if she got married. Jack wanted to save The Spectator, so they got married. The marriage was annulled shortly after. (in a nutshell)

jackevewed.gif

I loved Marci Miller as Abigail. Kate Mansi (current Abby) was a good actress, but today she showed just how much she has grown in her acting skills. Billy Flynn (Chad) needs to step it up again as we know he can, and together they could blow our socks off!

Last edited by a moderator:
When Roman, Jennifer and Kayla were in the pub and Jennifer said to Kayla that she loved Jack, did I mishear or did Kayla say "I love Jack, too"??? Because while she did forgive him for raping her, she was never more than civil or icily polite to him. She showed him basic respect as being Steve's brother, but that was it. And Jack was OK with that.

Salem really needs to offer an "I came back to Salem without any memory of my former life" support group. They could have a nice little handbook with tips on how to handle loved ones who want to hug and kiss you, when you'd rather just shake hands. How to politely sit through the flipping pages of photo albums, trying to jog your memory. How to mask your annoyance at people telling you story after story that you don't remember.

Actually, some of the "tales" or stories being told help newer viewers with back history. Plus hearing
Eve's version, and her evading and twisting, shows just the kind of person she is.....definitely not to be trusted.
Definitely setting up all kinds of shenanigans all over Salem, for sure.

I loved how Rafe grew some cajones and told Hope what's what. Finally he blew! I've been waiting for that.
It seems like Hope is up to the same crapola of getting Ben no matter what.
I'm hating what titb (the idiots that be) turned Hope into. She should retire from her job and take on one that can't harm other people. Her administrative skills lack. DO as I say not as I do. That's her motto.

Thanks, Poirot.

I enjoyed Jack's talk with Eve especially when he realized all she
wanted to do was hurt Jen-Jen.

Will Jack and Eve do more than kissing? I hope not.

I bet the loft couch was happy Hope interrupted Ciara and Ben.

Will Jennifer continue her quest to find out how Jack survived the
elevator accident?

Back