Days of Our Lives - Fri., Jul 17, 2015

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Fri., Jul 17, 2015

Sorry folks...I missed the first 15 minutes of the show. My DVR didn't record and I think I'm still running on Pacific time!! LOL I DID however get to see it on YouTube! I wrote this backwards so I hope it makes sense!!

Hope wakes up in the hotel with Aiden, checks her phone, is upset that Abby hasn't called her back yet. Aiden's glad, they can have another round of adult fun. Later, they are enjoying breakfast as he plans their next anniversary, somewhere bigger, but always with "breakfast in bed," LOL. Aiden gets a call, has to take it because his secretary wouldn't disturb him unless it was important. Hope goes to shower.

Adrienne arrives at the Kmansion, she has signed the divorce papers. He rushes to his phone, Adrienne is upset, but he says he has to cancel a meeting. They talk about their divorce(s). Justin admits it was mean of him to declare Adrienne's transgression with Lucas worse than his with Elsa. He can't believe how much he's hurt her. Adrienne has flashbacks to all three of their weddings/proposals (while Justin is answering the door, Henderson is out); he finds her teary, wipes her eye, asks if she wonders how they got here, one small step at a time, she reasons. Justin thinks that since they got through all those things in the past, maybe...Adrienne looks hopeful. Justin admits he did this, Adrienne admits it wasn't only him, starts to worry that Victor will want her out of here. Justin will handle Victor; Justin is profusely apologising, Adrienne doesn't want him to beat himself up, says they both knew something was missing, maybe "it just took two affairs" to realise it. Justin loves her, and she loves him; but this divorce is the right thing for both of them.

Kate arrives at Club TBD, to meet with Paul, but Justin is a no-show. She suggests they sit in silence. She gets the text from Justin cancelling his part of the meeting, she begrudgingly takes over with Paul, gives him a list of media events, etc. He doesn't like the name Vanquish. Kate reminds Paul that they just need him to hold up the product and say its name. They quibble a bit about the name (Kate picked it), what charity gets his money, etc. Paul wants to make sure E! News is included (he used to date a female reporter there), Kate jibes him about living "most of his life as a lie." A bit of verbal sparring. Paul points out that if Kate is advising Will on how to hold on to his marriage, she's doing a lousy job.

In the Brady booth, Will admits to Marlena that he schemed to get Sonny to see Derrick/Paul as a couple, but failed. Admits he's pathetic. Marlena wants Will to get to know Paul as a person, because he's John's son and he's not going away, whether Will likes it or not. Marlena continues telling him he can't eradicate Paul, who has chosen to remain in Salem and build a life. She tells him about John being fatherly with Paul, trying to find out if Paul & Derrick are an item. Will blows up at this. The upshot is that he & Sonny don't have any gay friends, which is something Paul pointed out to Will. Will talks of the difficulty making new friends (TELL ME ABOUT IT lol), talks about how when he came out he'd already had best friends, and Sonny's gay friends aren't in Salem. Also talks about how tough it is being parents, while others there age are partying. Marlena cuts through this excuse, pointing out there are tons of people who'd watch Ari now and then. Eventually get around to Will's crippling fear that Sonny will meet someone else if they try to make friends.

At DiMansion, Chad enters and checkmates Stefano (while Clyde is listening on his bug). Stefano congratulates him, asks if he's in love with Abigail Deveraux. Chad admits he is, but wants to know WHY Stefano wants them together. Stefano plays the whole "love" card, under pressure from Chad, admits that Abigail is the "key to maintaining the DiMera dynasty." Nothing to do with Jack, but she's about to come into a fortune! Bridget apparently is sitting on a huge piece of land but was unaware of its value. (Clyde is listening in the whole time.) Chad wants to know why Stefano doesn't just buy the land, apparently Bridget won't sell it to developers. Stefano is working on a way to develop the land, but keep it pristine. Chad seems pretty disgusted by all of this, wants to rid the world of DiMeras. Stefano claims to want this land to keep doing good works, like they've been doing with the hospital charity. They go round & round about what Abigail really wants, and how Abby is "only with Weston" because of the mean things Chad said as Clyde continues to listen in.

At Ben/Abby's, early in the morning, Abigail is contemplating throwing out the trash with a flashback. Ben asks her what she's doing. Ben kids her about being overly neat, tossing stuff out too quickly, like the phone bill he hadn't paid, and found there yesterday. Abby looks terrified, can't find her pregnancy test box. In between trips to the shower, Ben tells her he knows the news. While he's gone, she panicks, but is interrupted by a call from Hope, who tells Abby that she swiped the evidence after the trash can got knocked over. They're the only ones who know. (Besides Will.) Turns out the "secret" Abby had (that Ben knew) was that she had called her grandfather (Bill) and told him about moving in with Ben, and this just means a whole lot to Ben. Ben leaves; Hope comes over and assures Abby that she swiped the test to keep her secret, nobody knows...not Ben, and not Jen. Abby confirms that she is pregnant, Aunt Kayla confirmed it, but Hope assures Abby everything will be OK.

At Sonny/Will's, Sonny asks Rafe if he's upset that Sonny let Marlena take Arianna to see Gabi. Rafe isn't upset, asks Sonny how he & Will are doing. They're still moving past the Will/Paul thing, Sonny says Rafe knows what that's like. Rafe confides that the hardest thing about EJ/Sami was that EJ kept after Sami...is that similar with Paul? Sonny points out that Paul is not the problem with him & Will, even though Will thinks Paul is the problem. Rafe hopes Sonny can convince Will of that, as Ari's world depends on it.

In the bushy clearing, Clyde's eavesdropping is interrupted by Ben, who gives him his tuition bill and mentions that Abigail was acting jumpy earlier. Ben attributes it to women's moods, lets it slip that Chad dropped by with Ben's watch after the beach, Clyde notices that Abby was different after that, Ben doesn't attribute much to it. Ben gets a text from his Super (who can't come over to fix the sink, the jerk), and then has to run off to a game with his friends. Clyde laments that there's more going on than Ben understands.

Rafe jogs onto DiMera property, Stefano wonders if he has a deathwish as he's joined by a thug. Rafe points out that he's right at the edge of Stefano's property (a big rock marks the spot). Stefano thinks he's out spying for Victor, chides him about how Rafe's lost two women, and is no longer a cop. Rafe says he enjoys working without restraints, and was delighted to hear Stefano was returning to town.

Will is walking through the square, sees Sonny (note: Sonny is wearing a different shirt than he was earlier) and Paul acting chummily as they part company, tells himself to let it go, then immediately decides not to, moves in Paul's direction, confronts him in the bushy clearing. Paul tries to preempt the lecture, Will won't let him.

Adrienne has gone to Sonny's, needs to see him. Is shocked by whoever answers the door.

Kate goes to the Kmansion, babbling on about her meeting with Paul, how he doesn't like the name Vanquish, etc. Sees Justin looking distant, asks if he's OK.

Chad meets Ben in the square, says they have to talk about Abigail.

At Ben/Abby's, Abby tearily explains to Hope that she just needs time to process everything. Hope understands. There's a knock on the door, Abby assumes it's the Super, it's Clyde. Asks if she's OK.

AND SO IT BEGINS...
The last act was very patchy! I love it...Rafe in Rafe mode again!!

Justin & Adrienne :love:...am I the only one who thinks that these scenes were done differently than EVERYTHING ELSE ON THE SHOW the past few months?

I could do without Will's whining.

I hope Clyde dies knowing the secret about Chad/Abby and takes it with him to his grave. Could he at least do his skeevy eavesdropping in an OFFICE or his house he supposedly bought? YEEESH!!!

Land in Ireland...OK...I'm not disappointed but I can't really say I'm intrigued.

I like Ben but he needs a purpose, a job, a hobby, or a friend...SOMETHING!! lol

I can say that I'm very glad I got to see this episode! Waaaaay different than the episodes I caught while on vacation!

I really liked Sonny & Rafe's talk, and Abby/Hope, and Will/Marlena (even though Will is a snit). I'd love it if Paul and Kate died, though, LOL. Especially if he's NOT going to be shirtless around Derrick any time soon!! LOL

Yes, but we didn't get a whole lot of details. Because of how choppy this episode was, I watched most of it twice, to make sure I didn't miss anything. I was underwhelmed by this, but not disappointed. Kind of like the JR software buyout in Dallas: JR Returns. LOLOL

One note: Stefano may still be lying, since Clyde's bug is still working. It would be very un-Stefano-like not to have found the bug already. He may have said that to trick Clyde into acting somehow.

I wanted to stand up and cheer when Rafe jogged on to Stefano's property line. (Once I snapped my head back from the jarring it received by the show's editing, LOL.) I think it might be fun if Rafe/Stefano colluded to do in Clyde and then Rafe somehow got the goods on Stefano. Too much to hope this is the start of a new regime??

Okay, so what makes Stefano think that if Abby and Chad hook up with a ring he gets the property? Abby could have a prenup too, keeping that land separate. How extremely sexist of the old man to assume if Chad marries her he gets everything. But then this soap can have only one strong woman and Kate is that one person. Everyone else needs a man to make a decision for her.

Stefano said something about the nanny didn't know what the land was sitting on. Since it's Ireland, possibly it's a nest of wee leprechauns Stefano intends to use as spies. Or, perhaps since he has no more organs that haven't already been replaced, he's found the fountain of youth underneath the land and intends to have it for himself.

Too much to hope this is the start of a new regime??

I'm going to venture to guess this already started about 3 weeks ago. I agree that the editing is very obvious. How many scenes was Aiden in today? 2? 3 tops? Where was he the rest of the episode? Same goes for Rafe--he just seemed to pop up all of a sudden. And we got pop up Marlena too, solely there to prop Will.

I wasn't a fan of Hope taking the pregnancy box but I also didn't dislike her scenes with Abigail. I like that she wasn't pushy and I'm all for it if it causes some friction between her and Jen when she learns the truth. And we got a Grandpa Bill Horton mention. Whoa!

I find out it very hard to believe that Stefano doesn't know the DiMansion is bugged. I'm hoping the new writers add another element to this Ireland thing. And Clyde's faces were ridiculous while he was listening in.

AND SO IT BEGINS...I like Ben but he needs a purpose, a job, a hobby, or a friend...SOMETHING!! lol
Agreed. He is suffering from "Jordan syndrome" in that he is way too isolated as he only interacts with Chad, Abby and Clyde. He needs some friends. Problem is his age range on the show is pretty non-existent right now.

I think Justin and Adrienne will reconcile as well. I'm surprised the divorce went through. We also got a mention of their 4 sons.

Heck, the nanny is not dead yet. And she could change her will any time. But I do think it significant that Abby told Bridget on the phone she would come visit in September. (The new writers work would be in force)
I also think this episode in particular seems to have a lot of "tweaking", whether in conversation, or editing to turn direction perhaps.
Thanks, Jason, hope you had a wonderful vacation "out west".
And I am thinking you just might be right about Stefano purposely misleading Clyde. Stefano has had to have found that bug by now.

I thought there was a lot to like this episode but I have a few minor quibbles.

This is a really tiny one but I just found it strange that Sonny asked Rafe if he had a problem with Marlena taking Arianna to see Gabi. Why would he? As Rafe said the more Arianna sees Gabi the better. Again this is a really small thing but I just found it an odd question. All though any day Gabi is mentioned is a good one in my opinion. :love:

My second quibble is why is Hope suddenly turning into the Salem version of Gladys Kravitz (the nosy neighbor from "Bewitched")? I will say that I can understand why she would be concerned for Abigail and I thought their scenes were nice but after yesterday with Daniel and today she's just kind of coming across as a bit of a snoop.

So Stefano wants Chad and Abigail together because of real estate basically? While that doesn't exactly send chills up and down my spine I prefer it to the sci-fi story that was being speculated on concerning Abigail and EJ's child. Now I loves me some sci-fy and I loves me some daytime drama. But unlike peanut butter and chocolate; sci-fi and daytime aren't exactly two great tastes that taste great together generally speaking. In fact I would say they go together more like baluga caviar and chocolate-chip mint ice cream. And I will admit to some mild curiosity about what this land in Ireland Abigail is supposedly due to inherit is sitting on. So I'm willing to along with this for now.

*mmm, baluga caviar and chocolate-chip mint ice-cream sunday, drools like Homer Simpson*

Heather, I thought Ben is, like Abby and Chad, just barely older than Sonny and Will? We saw them hanging out together before. I wish they'd do that again. Anyway, thanks for the summary, JasonD.

I've been wondering about the editing as well. Today's show, like yesterday's, was good. I liked Rafe/Sonny, Will/Marlena, Abby/Hope, Rafe/Stefano. But I'm disappointed in this land plot storyline, unless Stefano was lying because he knows of Clyde's bug planted below the table. As for Clyde and Ben, I'm hoping that they leave town soon and bring brat boy Will with them. Annoying as heck. I'm just counting down the days until we see Abby and Chad being a happy family.

Justin and Adrienne...that was nice today. I'm just hoping we don't see a grief romp between Justin and Kate, as we're likely to see between Lucas & Adrienne. :sick:

Abby mentioned on today's show telling her "grandfather" that she had moved in with Ben (who does that, anyway??). I think Jack's dads (both bio and adoptive) are dead, so this would have been in reference to Bill Horton (I think). Would love to see John Martin return to play Bill again.

The pace of today's show was definitely different. Aside from the weird placement of the Rafe/Stefano scene, it seemed to move pretty well. But I enjoyed the scene so much I'll forgive that.

I also think Hope's busy-bodying was silly. Abby's a grown woman, the contents of her trash are none of Hope's concern.

Will, can you PLEASE shut up and go away. Like a little cheese with that whine? Gah. :rolleyes:

Okay, after viewing the show I'm wondering if Stefano wants Clyde to think Abigail is coming into lots of money so Clyde will push Ben into marrying her, while Clyde goes to get the land and in doing so overextends himself and leaves him open for attack by the Phoenix.

Or am I giving too much credit to the now departed writers????

I'm going to venture to guess this already started about 3 weeks ago. ...

I, of course, agree with you. But today it was like they were hitting us over the head with it. It felt like more than just "tweaking" here & there. LOL

Edited to Add: Jason47 says the old writers still have five weeks of junk...er, work left...oy gevalt!!

...This is a really tiny one but I just found it strange that Sonny asked Rafe if he had a problem with Marlena taking Arianna to see Gabi. Why would he? As Rafe said the more Arianna sees Gabi the better. ...

I'm glad I wasn't the only one puzzled by this question. I assumed I had missed something on vacation, LOL.

The pace of today's show was definitely different. Aside from the weird placement of the Rafe/Stefano scene, it seemed to move pretty well. But I enjoyed the scene so much I'll forgive that. ...

I forgive it for the same reason. And for the same reason that the stink will be cleared out of Salem in a few weeks!! LOL But the scene with teleporting Will and shapeshifting Sonny also had me rubbing my neck!!

Abby mentioned on today's show telling her "grandfather" that she had moved in with Ben (who does that, anyway??). ...

I think regular, normal people tell their grandparents things like that. I told my grandmother things like that, so did my cousins.

Hopefully it came through clearly in the summary that she told her grandfather, but they did NOT mention Bill by name. As Sher deduced, she's only got one grandfather walking around. Although technically, there's still "Jo and Vern" running around Salem somewhere...LOL.

Okay, after viewing the show I'm wondering if Stefano wants Clyde to think Abigail is coming into lots of money so Clyde will push Ben into marrying her, while Clyde goes to get the land and in doing so overextends himself and leaves him open for attack by the Phoenix.

Or am I giving too much credit to the now departed writers????

You would be giving them too much credit, LOL...but I think this may be the way it works out. Probably wasn't their plan, though.

I find it absolutely impossible to believe that Stefano isn't up on Clyde's bug.

Back