Days of Our Lives - Fri., July 20, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, July 20, 2018

Someone should have informed everyone this was a sweeps month, but then maybe that no longer is the case in summer. Abigail has decided to end her pregnancy, has made an appointment to have an abortion. When Gabi is told, she pulls out all the stops, talking of ending a life, the defenseless child, Chad wants a child, etc. etc. She even offers to change the test results, Chad would never know. Abby doesn’t feel she could lie to Chad about this, won’t do it, they argue a lot, ending with Abby saying this is her decision, and she is going to do it, & she storms out. Gabi thinks a bit, gets an idea for a way to stop Abby, then shows up at Stefan’s. She pretends she is only there to have some papers signed for Gabi Chic, is sharp, standoffish, pulls out an envelope, hands it to him. Stefan opens it, she pulls another envelope out, starts yapping about don’t read that, wrong envelope, blah, blah. Oh, but he does, see Abigail is pregnant & he is the father. He immediately starts yammering about it being Gabby’s baby, as Gabi argues that it is Abigail, her body, Chad is her husband, and other fake, angry comments. She also blurts out Abby is having an abortion right now. Stefan wants to know where Abby is, Gabi says she won’t tell, he threatens to sell of Gabi Chi, yada, yada, ….fine, you want to know where she is?

Earlier, Ted came to see Stefan about his blackmailing Kate. Yep, they go back and forth, Stefan does his usual threats, mentions having photo of Ted, Kate & Leo plotting their fake lawsuit, Ted will be taken down along with Kate, more of the same. Then Stefan throws in a dig about maybe Kate being more than a client, bet she is good in bed, Ted tells him his relationship with Kate none of his business. Blah, blah, Ted leaves. He meets up with Kate, tells of seeing StefanNO, trying to get him to end the blackmail, no go. Stefan wants info from Kate to destroy Chad. Thanks for trying, not too worried about him. Kiss, kiss, they hit the bed.

Will is on phone with Sonny, Justin has talked to the judge, who has dismissed the case. They talk of the missing car, and finding the body. And of course, Kate comes along, hears body, wants to know what Will is talking about. He says Spectator story, she doubts that, tells him he can tell her anything, he gets a memory flash of her saying that to him long ago, tells her, he thinks it was when he wasn’t sure about coming out. She is so happy he got a memory, asks for more he tells of remembering Sonny saying he loved him, and how he said it back. Then he explains how makes no difference, that was the past, he loves Paul now, that has not changed. She again asks about “the body” she overheard, he claims he told her, was a story, has to go, cheek kiss, and he is gone.

Abby is at the medical office, greeted by a nurse, says she has an appt. Nurse says o.k. we just have to get the paper work done first, and then your appointment will proceed.

Chad is with Sonny, who is on phone with Justin, gives Chad the good word about the case being dismissed. They go back and forth about what it means to Titan, Chad is all set to charge ahead now, wanting to buy some shipping company. Sonny is against it, figures Chad just using Titan as weapon against Stefan & DiMera, they argue profit, loss, needing spending, liquidity, etc. Sonny insinuates that with the case dismissed, no need for Chad to remain top dog there, but Chad figures that with Leo disappearing, some might think he made Leo disappear in order to get the case dismissed. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Chad is all full steam ahead.

Lani has healed enough to be discharged from the hospital. Abe, Val & Eli are all there. Lani is upset as she has to bury her son now. There are hugs, tears there, and then, (I don’t know the whys and wherefores) but they are all in the square, in front of the plaque honoring Tom & Alice Horton, laying white roses along side it, each alone, Lani is last. Abe wants to take her to his place, she wants to be alone. Eli offers to take her home, she thanks him. Both are in her room, he is doing something with some baby things, getting more upset. She tells him he was there for her when she needed someone, let her be there for him. He is breaking down, she holds him as he sobs on her shoulder.

Will comes back to his room, finding an envelope under his door. He open it, to find a piece of paper, with letters cut from a magazine, saying I know what you did….His jaw drops.

Stefan anxiously arrives at the medical office, calling out Abby’s name, no one around. He is calling, looking around, and then Abby appears, on her way out.

Sonny insinuates that with the case dismissed, no need for Chad to remain top dog there [at Titan],
Surely, Chad was savvy enough to get a signed contact with Titan.

Did she or didn't she? I think Abigail changed her mind about the abortion. I also think the "blackmail" note is from Leo. Anyone agree?

Sweeps month is more like "sweeping it under the rug" month. These threads are saving me a lot of time.

tenor.gif

Well, Sonny cannot just step back in, it was Victor and still is Victor who does the appointing.

The show actually ended with Gabi sipping some fancy drink, nasty look on her face, as she talked aloud of making Stefan pay, and Abigail, too.

Also think Abby changed her mind...(would she not have to be in a hospital for that???...maybe not??) And yes, I think Leo sent the note. But.....it could be someone else. Magazine letters don't seem to be Leo's style.

Thank's for staying awake through this...... ah..... what is the word I'm looking for........ :fan::fan:

that's fairly close....

How many ACTUAL days have passed since the baby was born?? because in that time, Ciara broke her leg, was "held hostage" , was rescued, returned to Salem, not to mention the multi day child custody battle.....

Hospital stays for an emergency C section aren't normally that long are they?? sheesh.....

It looked like they buried the baby in the town square. How odd was that? :confused:

I can't believe they sent Ariana to camp. Shouldn't she be home trying to mend her relationship with her mother? :huh:

I agree Poirot. It looked like Abby might have changed her mind before Stefan the rapist came along. I can't believe he was talking to Gabi about it Gabby's baby. :sick:

I'm going to guess that Leo was injected the Undead Serum and he's alive somewhere.:rolleyes:

Also think Abby changed her mind...(would she not have to be in a hospital for that???...maybe not??) And yes, I think Leo sent the note. But.....it could be someone else. Magazine letters don't seem to be Leo's style.
How about Xander? The writers need to make him the enforcer and let him rescue Titan then Victor will have to appreciate him... I can picture him lurking about the mansion gathering dirt on everyone.

Thanks, Poirot.

susala, I love your idea about Ari sending the note because Will and Sonny
lied about the rug.

Did Leo send the note? Or did someone else do it?

I don't think the baby was buried by Tom and Alice because they
mentioned the cemetery. Maybe the flowers were put there because
the baby was a grandchild to Alice and Tom.

Nice to see the Horton living room today.

Not nice to see what Gabi did by giving Stefan a fake DNA report.

Will Chad and Sonny arm wrestle for the Titan job?

Please tell me I'm not the only one who noticed the sudden hardwood floors and front door in the wrong spot at the Horton house! And I think that was a different couch too. I kept thinking they made the set smaller but everything else looked like the right layout.

I really liked Abby's blue dress today. It was very old school Abby.

Still hope Ted is just playing Kate and working for Vivian.

Lani looked like she was about to go out clubbing instead of to her son's funeral.

Gabi's pink martini looked like fun but I was not a fan of her outfit.

Last edited:
Yes, seemed the Horton house was a little different than I remember. The walls looked like they were painted a light grey color. And hard wood floors. Can’t remember if it used to be carpet.
Abby’s blue dress was very pretty. And her hair and make up were done nicely today as well. Gabi looked like she was dressed for the new Reboot of Charlie’s Angels.
Will’s hair was strangely styled.
Lani and Eli both looked very nice and the actors did a fine job. Good to see Abe too.
It is strange that Lani was hospitalized that long after a miscarriage. And then discharged to go straight to the funeral. Come on writers, get real please.

Surely, Chad was savvy enough to get a signed contact with Titan.
Savvy and Salemites should probably never be used in the same sentence. Anywhere else, Chad would have a detailed contract, but with Titan it was probably a case of Victor saying something like: "DiMera, you're hired until I decide to give the job back to Sonny, Brady, Tater Tot, or Shaggy Phil." As for the decor in the Horton house it's probably a good thing that things have been altered. This way, Abigail might not have memories of living in the attic and/or her failed seduction of Dr. Cameron Davis (aka Officer Billy Club).

I got a bit behind again, but I did want to mention that I though the camera work at the start of the second scene of this episode was good! (Abby was telling someone that she packed sunscreen or something for Thomas, and the camera was down at seat level, looking at her in the doorway over a seated Chad.) It was a different perspective than we are used to. I didn't notice it anymore after that first scene, though. Episodes don't need to be full of things like that, but a bit here and there grab my attention and make it more interesting, for whatever reason.

Back