Days of Our Lives - Fri.July 31, 2009

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Friday, July 31, 2009
Episode #11,134 Taped 6/16 Director – Grant A. Johnson

Today’s show is filled with one on one conversations all over Salem. Kate stands in Chloe’s room, telling her once again that she is of no use to anyone, to just drift off, let go, etc. etc. She leaves the room, to see Will asking Brady what is wrong with Chloe. Brady is rather silent, and Kate takes over, pretending to be the concerned and loving gramma, telling Will Chloe is very ill, that someone tried to kill her. Will is astonished, who would do such a thing. And of course, Kate tells him it is Dr. Jonas. Eventually, Brady leaves to make a call (or maybe take a call???) & now Kate, in her own oily manner, tells Will that Dr. Jonas was in love with Chloe. Will figures Chloe rejected him but Kate assures him that Chloe was in love with him, too. Will is convinced the police will see that Dr. Jonas pays, but now Kate talks of how Jonas & his lawyer will probably point fingers elsewhere, meaning at her, in trying to claim innocence.

Nicole has come to visit Chloe, heartsick at the sight of her comatose friend. She sits down, begins talking to Chloe, telling her what a good friend she has been, what a good listener when Nicole wanted to pour out her troubles and always saying the right thing to make her feel better. But…now Nicole says she doesn’t deserve Chloe’s friendship, not after all the horrible things she has done…….and Nicole proceeds to tell how she had the miscarriage, breaking down as she talks. She tells of finding the pregnant Mia, reminding Chloe she has met her, and talks of making a deal with Mia. And as luck would have it, Sami delivered her baby the same day as Mia, and now Nicole is crying harder, as she tells of switching the babies, and how Mia’s baby died tragically, only Sami doesn’t know that her baby, who is “my baby, my Sydney” is still alive. She is sobbing now, and suddenly, Chloe squeezes her hand. Nicole gets Maxine, who checks Chloe out, but tells her it was just an involuntary muscle twitch, it happens to people in comas. She urges Nicole to keep talking to Chloe, that they have found that most of the time, the patients can hear every word. Maxine leaves the room, Nicole sits by Chloe’s bed again, holding Chloe’s hand, telling her to come back, she needs her, to open her eyes, please. Brady comes in the door, Nicole stands and Brady hugs her. Nicole doesn’t know what she would do if Chloe doesn’t make it, who would she ever be able to talk to, as she strokes Chloe’s cheek. Brady says she can always talk to him, he would be there for her. Another hug.

Daniel is laying on the cot in his cell, when a cop comes to say his attorney is there to see him, and unlocks the cell door. In walks Lucas, suit and tie. The cell door clangs shut, and Lucas calls him a few choice names, saying “you slept with my wife”, my whore of a wife. Pow, Daniel gives Lucas a fist across the chin, Lucas plows into him, throwing Daniel on the cot…The cop returns, wanting to know what all the ruckus is about, Daniel just says he & his attorney are having a disagreement, all is fine. Now the two go round and round about the affair. Daniel warns Lucas not to call Chloe names (Lucas had a couple for her, too) and insists Chloe loved Lucas. But he paces around, wanting to know when this all started, and figures himself, that it began the night of the engagement party. He gets Daniel to admit sleeping with Chloe, and then Lucas goes on how Chloe broke the engagement, he began drinking, (looks like his memory has come flooding back now), Maggie told him about Daniel & Chloe, he went to Daniel’s apt. to confront him, only he wasn’t there….but Chloe was, and before he could say a word to her, the whole place blew up. Lucas is on a roll now, wanting to know why Chloe even married him. Daniel tells him of the pact Chloe made with God, that if Lucas survived, she would give Daniel up and marry Lucas. He insists Chloe wanted to have a good family life with Lucas & Allie. And now Lucas asks him why he tried to kill Chloe. Daniel is vehement that he is not the one who tried to kill Chloe. Then who, inquires Lucas. Who would do this. Your mother, replies Daniel.

Meredith sits thumbing thru a magazine, goes to answer a knock at the door, it is Stefano. She thanks him for arranging for her to come to Salem………it is his pleasure, replies Stefano. And now with the knack that comes with years of practice, Stefano gets Meredith to tell him all about her family. He first hands her a check, she is surprised at how much money it is for. He talks of the hospital in Florida where where she is adminstrator, and the hospital is doing such good things, and he wanted to help, he does various charitable things. He learned she grew up in Salem, so thought she would be happy to come visit Salem. No, she isn’t, then mentions her sister who died. Stefano asks if she died here, no, but the man who was responsible lives here. Now Stefano talks sadly of losing his wonderful son, such a good man, and pours on the empathy. He skillfully leads the conversation into her family, and before you know it, Meredith is talking of how close she & Emily were, that she moved to Virginia where her boyfriend was becoming an FBI agent, the hero type, pride of Quantico. But Emily had learned some secret about Rafe, something that could jeopardize his job, tho she never told Meredith what it was. And on her wedding day, she was helping her sister get ready, when Emily told her she had to make some calls, sending Meredith out to run some errands. Plus Meredith wanted to try on the Maid of Honor dress for the millionth time. And then….yes, she got the call about the accident. And it was weird. Emily was at home, the wedding was to be at the house, with just a few close friends. Why were they out for a drive??? She tells how the car hit a tree, and Emily died. It wasn’t until 3 or 4 months after the accident that she began to feel her sister had been murdered. However, she has moved on, is no longer looking for justice. Stefano cluck clucks, telling Meredith that it is never too late for justice, and there is someone right there in Salem who deserves to hear this story.

Sami & Rafe are talking, with Sami still trying to convince Rafe that he should not be feeling guilty about the accident. And it was an accident, he is not to blame. She reminds him how he has told her not to blame herself for Grace’s illness and death, that there was nothing she could have done. She knows Rafe thinks of Grace, she can see it on his face at times, but then Johnny or Allie do something to grab his attention, or Will asks him something. She assures him she loves him, he loves her, too. They kiss, but he knows something is still bothering her. Yep, she wants to know where he went after he left Emily’s grave. He admits going to the Salem Inn to see Meredith. Sami asks if they talked a bout Emily, Rafe assures her it wasn’t the weather. They both once again declare their love for each other, and take it all to the bedroom. In bed, they talk, Sami telling him how much she loves him, how strong he has been for her, with him saying practically the same right back. Later, Sami is sleeping, Rafe looks at her, then flashes back to cradling a woman’s head, she is bleeding from the mouth, he is calling Emily, Emily, no, no, Emily. Back in the present, Rafe has a sad look on his face, as he remembers.

Barb

OK....color me confused?? And maybe I just missed this. Stefano asks Merddith if her sister died here & she said no. I thought that the place where Sami had the picnic & Rafe didnt want to go was where Emily died? Maybe I am wrong. But can someone straighten that out for me. Maybe the place Sami picked was Rafe & Emily's "special" place..but I thought it was where she died?

I hate that Kate is using her grandson....she really is low low low!

Maybe Lucas will start looking into momma Kate & her involvment!

Thanks for the write up!

Thanks for the writeup, Barb. Good, as always! I can't understand why they don't keep Kate out of Chloe's room. I thought Bo believed Daniel enough to at least take that one simple precaution. Can't wait to see what Lucas does, now that Daniel has told him Kate is the guilty one.

OK....color me confused?? And maybe I just missed this. Stefano asks Merddith if her sister died here & she said no. I thought that the place where Sami had the picnic & Rafe didnt want to go was where Emily died? Maybe I am wrong. But can someone straighten that out for me. Maybe the place Sami picked was Rafe & Emily's "special" place..but I thought it was where she died?

I hate that Kate is using her grandson....she really is low low low!

Maybe Lucas will start looking into momma Kate & her involvment!

Thanks for the write up!

I think (if I recall correctly) the place where they had the picnic was close to where Emily is buried. I remember thinking, "What a weird place for a picnic". :duh:

All I remember is that it was a very "special" place for Rafe & Emily. Which is why Sami was waiting for Rafe to say something when he arrived, and she asked him if he found it o.k. And he replied that she gave good directions. (he would not have needed directions to the cemetary.....and Emily is buried near the spot where Grace is buried. )

All I remember is that it was a very "special" place for Rafe & Emily. Which is why Sami was waiting for Rafe to say something when he arrived, and she asked him if he found it o.k. And he replied that she gave good directions. (he would not have needed directions to the cemetary.....and Emily is buried near the spot where Grace is buried. )

Thanks Barb! I thought it was where Emily died & couldnt understand why Meredith said she didnt die here! But the Days writers have forgotten history before! :)

Thanks Barb great write up....slowly we are finding out about Emily, and I mean slowly.

Only Kate could stoop to the level of using Will that way, no wonder the poor boy stays so confussed..

yeah- i remember Meredith crying in the bushes saying My sister died here! She said something about that being the spot where they were to be married, but she died... now she's in a car wreck in a total different place? ::confused:: and i think everyone is lying... Meredith has to be making some of her story up= and Rafe of course is hiding something...but at least he seems to show remorse? i guess? he feels guilty about something...

i guess this is better than the time days had cousins get married... lol... it could be worse.

I dont know, it makes sense to me that the "accident" would have had to happen outside of Salem, especially when there were supposed mysterious circumstances, otherwise upon hearing the story of something that just happened like 2 years ago (the headstone said 2007, yes?) people in Salem would most likely "remember reading about that in the paper"...

I'm not disputing that Meredith said "this is where my sister died" while sobbing behind the bushes, but perhaps this is a case where the writers changed the tune after wising up a bit rather than just forgetting what was already said? Plus, it could always be covered by saying something like... "this (meaning the picnic spot) is where she died because it's where she fell in love with the man who killed her" or something corny like that.

Hey, it's a soap opera! there are plenty of ways to twist it! :evillaugh:

HGF

From Barb's write-up last Monday (?):

"Sami is spreading the blanket at the picnic spot, hears a woman crying out “Emily”, goes to check, startling the woman, who explains she was just missing her sister who has since passed away. The place is so beautiful (in the middle of the bushes again????) and they used to come there with their family, and later with her sister & her fiancée. She is sorry for breaking up like that, just missed her sister."

From Barb's write-up last Monday (?):

"Sami is spreading the blanket at the picnic spot, hears a woman crying out “Emily”, goes to check, startling the woman, who explains she was just missing her sister who has since passed away. The place is so beautiful (in the middle of the bushes again????) and they used to come there with their family, and later with her sister & her fiancée. She is sorry for breaking up like that, just missed her sister."

Thank you Soapnut!!

Theory About the Accident

Ok, this is just a thought.

I think that Ari was driving the car and the secret that Emily thought Rafe was hiding was that Ari was either doing or dealing drugs.

Emily went to confront Ari and they went for a drive.

Something went wrong and they crashed.

Rafe got there first and told Ari to go, he would cover for her and he took the blame himself.

That's why he told Ari that day on the pier he would never do anything to hurt her. He knows the truth about the accident.

Well, we do see Emily in this episode.

And I would agree that Arianna is involved in some manner. Emily discovered something about Rafe that could really ruin his career. That "secret" is about Arianna, for sure.
Maybe Rafe WAS driving, arguing with Emily about her blowing the whistle, maybe. He could have been distracted and bam. Rafe constantly blames himself, remember, always saying that he killed her. Maybe she learned /knew that Ari was either on drugs herself, or dealing. And that Rafe knew about it, not turning Ari in. Perhaps Emily called Ari threatening to tell, or trying to convince her to go to rehab, or get out of town, or ????? Well.....we can guess all we want. Days is going to take their sweet time telling us, that is for sure. LOL

I agree that Arianna is the one who killed Emily. I remember a conversation Rafe and Arianna were having about a month ago where she said to him "you promised you would never tell the truth about what happened" and Rafe said something back to her about he would never let the truth come out. Will try to find it in previous recap.

at the end of thursday episode you see rafe cradle a apparent dead emily....she seems dead not alive...through Rafe flashback

Maybe stefano-rises lives in Canada or gets the day ahead as I do????

In Canada this is the thursday eppy, for us in America it is the Friday eppy.

Daniel is laying on the cot in his cell, when a cop comes to say his attorney is there to see him, and unlocks the cell door. In walks Lucas, suit and tie. The cell door clangs shut, and Lucas calls him a few choice names, saying “you slept with my wife”, my whore of a wife. Pow, Daniel gives Lucas a fist across the chin, Lucas plows into him, throwing Daniel on the cot…The cop returns, wanting to know what all the ruckus is about, Daniel just says he & his attorney are having a disagreement, all is fine. Now the two go round and round about the affair. Daniel warns Lucas not to call Chloe names (Lucas had a couple for her, too) and insists Chloe loved Lucas. But he paces around, wanting to know when this all started, and figures himself, that it began the night of the engagement party. He gets Daniel to admit sleeping with Chloe, and then Lucas goes on how Chloe broke the engagement, he began drinking, (looks like his memory has come flooding back now), Maggie told him about Daniel & Chloe, he went to Daniel’s apt. to confront him, only he wasn’t there….but Chloe was, and before he could say a word to her, the whole place blew up. Lucas is on a roll now, wanting to know why Chloe even married him. Daniel tells him of the pact Chloe made with God, that if Lucas survived, she would give Daniel up and marry Lucas. He insists Chloe wanted to have a good family life with Lucas & Allie. And now Lucas asks him why he tried to kill Chloe. Daniel is vehement that he is not the one who tried to kill Chloe. Then who, inquires Lucas. Who would do this. Your mother, replies Daniel.

Barb

Great blow by blow descriptions, Barb (pun intended). In your opinion, who won the fight? There's some big Spectatorbucks riding on the outcome. LOL.

The scene between Lucas and Daniel sounds fantastic. It sounds like this storyline is finally moving along.

Excellent summary, thank you!

Back