Days of Our Lives - Fri. June 19,2009

Good grief at EJ. He didn't name Sydney after a DiMera either. Of course Sami didn't name her baby after a DiMera...that's kind of the point. To break away from the DiMeras!

Not only did he not name Sydney after a DiMera, I remember the scene where he and Nicole were choosing names and going through the S names. EJ commented on "Susan" having a special place for him, then went right on past it and agreed to Nicole's suggestion of "Sydney". He didn't even suggest "Susan" or any other family name for her middle name.

I just have to mention how pleased I am that EJ's presumed son, the "DiMera heir" is named for Stefano's two worst enemies, John Black and Roman Brady. It's also intriguing to me that EJ/Nicole unknowingly chose a name for their daughter that could easily be a Horton family name (Sidney Grayson was Alice Horton's father). I never liked the name Rafaella or thought it fit well with Grace or Brady, but hey if it angers EJ that much, then it is the most beautiful name in the world to me.

I just want to smack the crud out of Ej for giving Sami those papers at the church no less. She hasnt even left the funeral.. SHEESH!
I might get smacked for this but... I understand why he is upset and saying what he said at the funeral, I think he should have the right to say what he wants to say. He is upset because he was around her a few times and was there during the final hospital stay until Rafe showed up and she could have told him but she didnt. but I still dont think he should be taking Johnny away from her either.

I understand why he's upset. (I don't agree with him, but I understand) I don't think the funeral was the place to say it. The funeral was for Grace, not for EJ to give his 8 millionth woe is me speech.

Remember when Bo wasn't at Shawn and Belle's wedding? I wonder if they have a per-episode budget and that's how they determine who's in the show.

No, I had forgotten that, but it does sound equally stupid and unbelievable. I'm sure there was some behind the scenes reason for Lucas' omission, I meant more that there is no believable story reason for his absence. I get what you are saying and agree that it was probably something like, so please know that the rant that is about to follow is not aimed at you in any way, just an expression of my frustration with TPTB.

I realize that there are some real-life limitations that writers/producers have to deal with, but this was just too big of an error for me to be willing to give them any slack over. They could have left someone else out, not Lucas. Even when they hated each other, Lucas and Sami were always involved in the big events in each other's lives. At the very least, they are still best friends and share two children together. Lucas is the first one to defend Sami as a good mother, and knows how painful this would be for her. I can not imagine one plausible explanation for Lucas not going to the funeral of Sami's child and Allie's and Will's sister.

Rioks, I agree with you completely and was comparing the stupidity of Bo's absence at his son's wedding to Lucas' absence at Grace's funeral. It is illogical. If the actor couldn't be there on that exact day for whatever reason, the show should have done some separate filming of the actor and edited it in. They don't seem to do those things though. Perhaps it's too complicated, I don't know. Hopefully, there will be a large gathering of family at Sami's place after the funeral (and not an isolation of Sami and Rafe alone at her apartment), and Lucas will be there at that time. (BTW, friend, I didn't take the rant personally at all. I understand and share your frustration.)

EJ just irks the hell out of me, if I could crack him across the face thru the tv I would, there is a time and a place for everything he did not have to hand those papers to Sami today.

I hope Roman knock the crap out of him.

And the crack about Grace's name, just put me over the edge more.

And poor little Sydney, her initials are SAD, poor baby's life is doomed.

I still think that Rafe and Lucas are being kept apart for some reason unknown to viewers at this time. It's true they saw each other once but Lucas' face was pretty burned from the explosion and had that big bandage on his head.

I understand why he is upset and saying what he said at the funeral, I think he should have the right to say what he wants to say.

I agree, amesworth, that EJ has a right to be there and to speak; however, I think this show of grief is more guilt than anything else...that and his anger at Sami. He's thinking of how he ignored Grace the times he was around her and even called her Sami's "orphan." Grace's birth and death were out of his control and he can't stand that.

Rafe's grief, on the other hand, is genuine.

Hmm.

It is interesting to me that the writers seem to be making a point that EJ cannot handle the sacred without inserting the profane.

He likes to insert revenge into weddings and funerals. He rapes a woman he claims to love and thereby creates a child. He emotionally and verbally abuses and generally terrorizes the women he claims to love and at the same time promises to love and support and protect them. He has essentially abandoned the mother who fought for him and swears allegiance the monster who created him for his own ends.

He's handsome and intelligent and witty and charming, but he has an evil soul.

Rafe and his grief over Grace is starting to bug me- it is weird... too much over the top.. He was suppose to be the FBI and keep Sami out of harms way and failed....he almost got killed .. he did another no no (possibly again) and fell in love with her and the baby.. which is so weird...He was suppose to be such a great FBI guy and bumbled all the job. He is needy --in need of a ready made family... all too weird... too clingly -yes, he tried to leave but never did.
The fact that his sister is so worried about him - "doing this all over again" is so un-nerving.

It is interesting to me that the writers seem to be making a point that EJ cannot handle the sacred without inserting the profane.

He likes to insert revenge into weddings and funerals. He rapes a woman he claims to love and thereby creates a child. He emotionally and verbally abuses and generally terrorizes the women he claims to love and at the same time promises to love and support and protect them. He has essentially abandoned the mother who fought for him and swears allegiance the monster who created him for his own ends.

He's handsome and intelligent and witty and charming, but he has an evil soul.

Very well said! :clap::clap::clap:

I did not want to mention the glaring absence of Steve & Kayla (who is Sami's aunt) as that has been way too apparent in the case of their own daughter's trauma. But yes, Max should have been there, he is supposedly Sami's uncle, even if by adoption. And the other couple not there.......Abe & Lexie. And now, I want phone calls from Marlena, Eric, Aunt Kimberly, Chelsea, Carrie & Austin.....if not calls, then a condolence card, a mention of flowers or a call. Something!

And now, I want phone calls from Marlena, Eric, Aunt Kimberly, Chelsea, Carrie & Austin.....if not calls, then a condolence card, a mention of flowers or a call. Something!

Add sister Belle and cousin Shawn to that list too. I'm sure there are others....

Rioks, I agree with you completely and was comparing the stupidity of Bo's absence at his son's wedding to Lucas' absence at Grace's funeral. It is illogical. If the actor couldn't be there on that exact day for whatever reason, the show should have done some separate filming of the actor and edited it in. They don't seem to do those things though. Perhaps it's too complicated, I don't know. Hopefully, there will be a large gathering of family at Sami's place after the funeral (and not an isolation of Sami and Rafe alone at her apartment), and Lucas will be there at that time. (BTW, friend, I didn't take the rant personally at all. I understand and share your frustration.)

I hope so too. Thanks Kpatch, I know that we usually understand each other pretty well; I just wanted to be sure.

KathyLu said:
I still think that Rafe and Lucas are being kept apart for some reason unknown to viewers at this time. It's true they saw each other once but Lucas' face was pretty burned from the explosion and had that big bandage on his head.

Yes, I'm still very curious about that as well. They are going to extraordinary and unrealistic lengths to keep those two apart.

I'm still very angry about the omission from the funeral and think it is inexcusable for any reason. But, I am also curious about the reasons TPTB are so determined to keep Lucas and Rafe apart.

Not only did he not name Sydney after a DiMera, I remember the scene where he and Nicole were choosing names and going through the S names. EJ commented on "Susan" having a special place for him, then went right on past it and agreed to Nicole's suggestion of "Sydney". He didn't even suggest "Susan" or any other family name for her middle name.

I just have to mention how pleased I am that EJ's presumed son, the "DiMera heir" is named for Stefano's two worst enemies, John Black and Roman Brady. It's also intriguing to me that EJ/Nicole unknowingly chose a name for their daughter that could easily be a Horton family name (Sidney Grayson was Alice Horton's father). I never liked the name Rafaella or thought it fit well with Grace or Brady, but hey if it angers EJ that much, then it is the most beautiful name in the world to me.

Don't forget that John Black is Stefano's half brother. So Johnny is named after a DiMera.

Plus that relationship probably lasted as long as the writer did. Stefano never did like to refer to John as his brother.

Why isn't Max and Chelsea (if she's still in town) at the funeral? Where the heck is Lucas?! He should be there for Will if not for Sami!

It's bad enough Marlena isn't there but they could at least have the people who are currently on the show be there.

Back