Days of Our Lives - Fri. June 19,2009

Thanks for the write up. Sorry to have missed the funeral for Grace. I have it on PVR and will see it when I get home.

Why isn't Max and Chelsea (if she's still in town) at the funeral? Where the heck is Lucas?! He should be there for Will if not for Sami!

It's bad enough Marlena isn't there but they could at least have the people who are currently on the show be there.

I don't remember seeing Abe or Lexie there either. They definatly should of brought Marlena and John back..or at least Marlena to be there for her daughter. She is the one person who should of been there. I'd love to see her flip out on EJ or at least someone beat the snot out of him lol I hope Sami comes up with a way to get Johnny back. Maybe she can get Stepanie to testify that EJ hired Owen to kidnap her..proves what a dangerous jerk he is lol

I agree!!! Marlena of all people should have been there for her daughter!!! What mother wouldn't?!?! The writers needs to stop and think here and be logical about some of the stories they write!!!

Maybe Chloe wouldn't let Lucas go to the funeral. :rolleyes: I'm only half kidding. She was so upset about him keeping Sami's secret from her.

Interesting point about Lucas and Rafe being kept apart by the writers though.

I agree!!! Marlena of all people should have been there for her daughter!!! What mother wouldn't?!?! The writers needs to stop and think here and be logical about some of the stories they write!!!

I think that, in a perfect world, Marlena and the rest of Sami's family would have been there for her; however, I highly doubt than any one of the four main characters who have departed would have agreed to come back for a cameo appearance. The writers cannot write in a character that has been fired or is on the back burner. They have no control over such things.

I completely agree that Diedre Hall would not (and should not) agree to make a cameo, but as often as Marlena has cried in that church, you would think that the editors or whomever could find an old shot of her to edit in. They could even just show a blond lady that Sami hugs and calls her Mom. We never have to see the blond lady's face. We would all know that it isn't the "real" Marlena, but it would be something. JMHO :)

I think they would probably have to pay the actors royalties if they showed them. You never see former characters in flashbacks. Maybe it's even in their contract that they can't show them once they are off the air without getting express permission. However, I see no reason why they couldn't have a one-sided phone call where you see and hear Sami talking to her mother. You don't hear the other end of the conversation but you get the gist of it.

As for today's show, when they sang Amazing Grace, wow. That was a showstopper if ever there was one. Very powerful.

Someone needs to rein in Mr. Scott and suggest he take a few lessons from his co-workers, like Joseph, Alison, Arianne, Suzanne, Shelley, Peter, Kristian just to mention a few.....

Wow, Mia singing Amazing Grace and Caroline and group joining in was one of the most powerful scenes ever......beautiful...........

Oh my lord, the carload of nuns had a flat tire...!!! I don't know why that struck me so funny but it did...... :rotfl: :duh:

I picture Sister Act and all those nuns out in front of the convent and working on the car. LOL

I picture Sound of Music when the nuns yanked the guts out of the Nazis' cars.

I just saw the show. Boy the funeral was so sad for Grace. Glad that I was able to see it. Was so happy to see Stephaine stand up to EJ. Loved when she told Nicole that the next time she sees EJ holding her child to think of all the blood he has on his hands. Mia singing amazing grace got me crying. It was great that Caroline started the second verse and eveyone stood up and started singing. I was just so angery at EJ. I hope he gets it big time some time soon. Oh I had to laugh when Will was sitting with Mia and he saw Caroline coming to talk to him he says oh no they are sending in the big guns.

Back