Days of Our Lives - Fri. June 19, 2015

I wasn't paying as much attention as I usually do because I was being driving crazy by mosquito bites (the one downside to communing with nature, some of the critters mistake you for a buffet). But was Will whining? Will who is married to Sonny who has assured him time and time again that he loves him and will do what it takes to get their marriage back on track. He has also made that clear to Paul and to his dad and dear old Uncle Vic. So it must just have been my discomfort making me hear things wrong... because Will wouldn't possibly be whining right?

Eric/Nicole/Xander: This whole scenario reminds of the Geico ad that's a parody of eighties slasher movies. If you haven't seen it's a group of attractive twenty somethings being chased in the dark woods by a masked maniac *clearly meant to be Jason from the "Friday the 13th" francise) who come to spooky old "Psycho"-esque house, one of the guys says "Let's run into the attic!" A girl replies "No let's go into the basement!" Another girl says "You guys why don't we just get away in that car with the engine running?" and points to a shiny red convertible. "Are you crazy?" Another guy asks and the ad ends with them running for the "safety" of a graveyard.

The reason why I'm bringing this up is because I don't understand WHY Eric and Nicole ran into the basement? Couldn't they have just ran out the doors and gone to the cops? Does Navidad have the place on lockdown? And another thing I'm wondering is WHY would a TV station be virtually deserted? Even if its late at night there would still be a skeleton crew on hand at least in case news breaks wouldn't you think?

Also it apparently isn't that late because everything else seems to be up and running and its still business hours. :angry:

Look I'm more then willing to suspend disbelief. I've watched more then enough daytime television to know that cheeziness and yes even some stupidity is part of the genre's charm. But when they cross the line from stupidity into just plain idiocy I start to lose patience. This mess crossed that line a long time ago. I'm starting actually enjoy my bug bites more then this nonsense. Enough already! :beat:

I used to work for a major retailer's headquarters selling products in bulk. My colleague who actually processed the orders had paper files of orders dating back about 10 years. Even after the process became electronic. Good times.

Slow Friday today but I too loved the Eric and Nicole scenes. Like I said yesterday, it's almost as if someone else is writing for them versus the rest of the cast. I'm going with the theory of higher up interference. And I'm totally fine with them airing everyday this week--the acting has been on point, the dialogue made sense and the chemistry is off the charts. Xander is fantastic as well as the villain and I don't think Navidad is long for this world. I give her 1 week tops.

I didn't care for anything else today. And I'm so sick of Marlena being used as a plot device for other storylines. Enough!

Not that it mattered all that much, but in reading all these remarks, I remembered that I did leave out something. Paul met with Sonny at the infamous Pub booth, to tell him about the job Kate offered, and also that it was apparent it was not her idea. Sonny guessed right away it was his dad. Paul wanted Sonny to know about the offer (Sonny was surprised at first because it was Will's gramma who made the offer). However, Sonny looked at the papers, said it was really a very good deal for him (Paul would donate his salary to charity he said) but Sonny told him to make sure he had an attorney go over the entire thing, to make sure all the Ts are crossed, and every I is dotted.

I am tired of seeing Jen. I am tired of seeing Jen and Eve together, Make it stop. Oh look, Jen and Eve are thinking about Laura at the same time:rolleyes:. This would almost be interesting if any of Eve's schemes ever worked.

Paigey, if you don't want to see any of the Salemites that hurt you, maybe you should go to Stanford. Why is she trying to set up shop in Salem? Just to go around and make everyone miserable with her Mommy and boyfriend story? Maybe your aunt had better things to do than help the niece that doesn't even respect her.

This story is making be dislike Will, Paul AND Sonny. Paul needs to back off and Sonny needs to stop interacting with him. Since he wants this marriage to work the least he could do is stop playing bros with the guy his husband is jealous of.

I hope Paige doesn't catch Bev and JJ. She doesn't need anything else to whine about.

I can't believe Kate double crossed Lucas just so she could have to grovel to someone. I wished she still owned one of her companies or was working on a way to take one of them back.

This Eric and Nicole story feels like a repeat of the one with Dr Chyka. It's harder for me to get into this one because I don't believe the show would have anyone hurt Dan and get to be happy so Eric will end up alone when this is over until Dan tells them its ok to be together and breaks up with Nicole.

I get that Paul is supposed to be this really great guy but since he probably will never play baseball again (or was his surgery a success?) it would not be very wise to donate all of his earnings to charity. Many already dislike Will because of his own poor decisions, no need to make Paul a saint.

I forgot about Kate acting like she didn't play a part in Wills terrible upbringing. Maybe things would have worked out a little better back then if you weren't trying to dictate your son's love life.

Interesting Jen talked to Marlena about Jack and Laura. She's probably
wondering if Paige will forgive JJ and her mom later.

Marlena give Eve too much information. She even told her she would
be out of town and she won't be back until her appt. I think we all can
figure out Eve will try to open the file cabinets.

I laughed when Will told Kate about seeing Paul's airbrushed chest
on billboards

Enjoyed Rory too. He needs to be on more often.

This Eric and Nicole story feels like a repeat of the one with Dr Chyka. It's harder for me to get into this one because I don't believe the show would have anyone hurt Dan and get to be happy so Eric will end up alone when this is over until Dan tells them its ok to be together and breaks up with Nicole.

I get that Paul is supposed to be this really great guy but since he probably will never play baseball again (or was his surgery a success?) it would not be very wise to donate all of his earnings to charity. Many already dislike Will because of his own poor decisions, no need to make Paul a saint.

I forgot about Kate acting like she didn't play a part in Wills terrible upbringing. Maybe things would have worked out a little better back then if you weren't trying to dictate your son's love life.

I largely agree, and even though I feel the same way about Paige as you do, there's a reason not to respect Theresa. She doesn't respect anyone in Salem and tried to ruin Paige's relationship with JJ numerous times (before the Eve romp). What goes around comes around. As for Paul & Sonny, I completely agree with what you're saying but I also feel that Will's behavior is just driving Sonny into Paul's arms. Sonny needs to man up and confront Will for all of his recent lies before they can even try to fix that marriage.

Back