Days of Our Lives - Fri., June 21, 2013

I'm very conflicted about Kristen now...I want to still like her, but one of the main reasons I dislike EJ so much is because he raped Sami. Now with Kristen doing the same thing to Sami's twin, Eric, idk...ugh. My enjoyment of Kristen in her devilish ways just got destroyed.I do know I feel so sorry for father Eric! Father Eric (new Eric) seems so innocent, so seeing Kristen drug and take advantage of him was like seeing someone kick a puppy. Just so cringe worthy to watch. And I'm joining the Will and Sonny love party late, but them standing up to Ej and Sami is really making me love them, individually and as a couple. But it's more proof EJ has lost his touch, or proof that Sonny is kind of a rockstar and will take on anyone. Truly living up to the Kiraikis name. My vote is yesterday's episode proved both.

Nicole cracked me up the whole episode, I agree with the Dream of Jeanie reference, no way she could have gotten where ever Father Eric is that fast without magic. Do the writers even try to make Days seem realistic, ever?

Kudos to Greg Vaughan, (Father Eric) who portrayed the groggy, drugged,befuddled, confused victim of Kristen's diabolical plan. And I don't know what that was. The revenge was against Marlena.

Whatever it was, I agree that the actor who plays Eric did a wonderful job. Even though I know this is a show, I still felt sick seeing that. Horrible ! (But great acting). As far as Kristen is concerned, there is absolutely no redeeming for her as far as I'm concerned. No matter what happens next, the fact is, she drugged a priest, got him confused/sick/uninhibited enough to kiss her and let her get him naked. And while she did not go all the way (not yet at least), it's still some kind of a sexual assault in my mind. And it's disgusting. Nope, Kristen needs to go down and disappear for good this time.

Yeah, doesn't make sense (at least not right now) since she couldn't record video or take pictures as it would show Kristen to be the woman he had sex with. Unless that is her plan, to say she and Eric secretly met up to have a secret rendezvous.

Rape is an UNEXCUSABLE crime...The SUITS on DAYS are dispicable,constantly using rape,drugs as weapon to punish others... The sow is getting on my last nerve. Just about done with the crapfest:eek:
Jack Raped Kayla
Alan Raped Sami
Sami raped Austin
Ej raped Sami
Ej hired someone to rape Sami
Kristen is now trying to rape father Eric.....WHY

Kristen sort looked like Jeannie's twin sister that was on "I Dream of Jeannie"
Kristen had dark hair and a skimpy outfit.

According to wikipedia, twin sister had the same name :)

Rape is an UNEXCUSABLE crime..the SUITS on DAYS are dispicible,constantly using rape,drugs as well as weapons to punish others... The sow is getting on my last nerve. Just about done with the crapfest:eek:
Jack Raped Kayla
Alan Raped Sami
Sami raped Austin
Ej raped Sami
Ej hired someone to rape Sami
Kristen is now trying to rape father Eric.....WHY

Yes, rape is terrible and inexcusable, but it happens every day in real life. Same with drugs and use of weapons in crime. I think Days handles the fallout from rape poorly, with the exception being Nick. The fallout of using weapons is also ridiculous, but this show is a drama.

Days plays the rape card a bit too often of late....and picking on a priest is inexcusable. No one said, rape happens every day when Sami was raped.
Days is entirely too eager to have folks tumbling into bed at the earliest opportunity. Heck, they MAKE the opportunity, invent one. "Oh, excuse me, I didn't mean to bump into you, wasn't looking where I was going". Let me buy you a coffee to make up for my clumsiness. Better yet, kiss, kiss, hug, hug, your place or mine? Oh, by the way, your name is..........??

@missharleyquinn

I think it's still up in the air about how they handle Nick's rape. They introduced the psychological trauma of it pretty well. However, from Nick's brief appearance on Thursday's episode, it makes me fear they may just gloss over it. And it was just a plot point instead of an actual storyline, that involves Nick getting help and therapy. If Days does that, they'll treat his rape just as carelessly as they've been treating other rapes on the show.

And yet if they give Nick a therapey storyline it will be even more glaring that this show thinks that a male being raped is devastating, while a woman being raped multiple times is just a form of forplay that she lied about.

deleted unnecessary quote....JS

And that would be especially strange, since usually in real life people tend to not care about male rape victims as much as female ones, i think the show needs to handle rape much better and more realistically, why not utilize Marlena as a therapist? It would be much more entertaining than seeing her get coffee with Hope.

The story of drugging and seducing a priest is offensive and insulting.
This is NBC flouting its disdain for religion, in the guise of "drama." They skirted around a story of Eric and Nicole, a priest knowingly falling from grace to be with a woman, and substituted a drugged priest not in control of his actions. As if viewers might swallow this version more easily. Just a different vehicle for accomplishing the same mockery of a holy sacrament. Shame on NBC! (But I am not all that surprised.)

Back