Days of Our Lives - Fri., June 22, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, June 22, 2018

Sonny is on the phone, telling someone Titan will be putting out a press release about new CEO. Maggie enters, overhears, wants explanation, he does so. She is surprised Vic let someone outside the family be CEO, so was Sonny, but he is o.k. With it. Chad is a good businessman, etc. etc. In comes Gabi, released at last. Hugs all around, Maggie runs to go get Ari, Gabi explains that prisoner Wanda is one who killed Diane, that while Diane wanted Gabi dead, Wanda wanted Diane dead, was outside when Diane was choking Gabi, who passed out. Wanda came in, shoved the hypo, left. Thus Gabi woke up to dead Diane, but Wanda bragged about what she did, evidently to too many people, got caught, confessed. Gabi is super mad at Stefan, blames him, and also Abby. Sonny defends, mentally ill, etc. but not to Gabi.

Maggie arrives with Ari, who has her eyes closed for a surprise, Maggie counts, she opens, has a smile, which turns to a frown at the sight of Gabi, arms crossed. Gabi is loving towards her, but Ari says she hates her. Gabi is stunned, Sonny admonishes her, Gabi knows she was gone a long time, is here now, never stopped thinking of her, promises she will never ever leave her again. Liar, I don't believe anything you say, Ari runs off. Maggie follows. Sonny apologizes, should not have told her until they were sure Gabi was released. Nope, not your fault. Sonny tells Gabi to take some time for herself, have a shower, something to eat, Ari will chill out. Gabi agrees, tells Sonny not his fault......but says to herself as she goes out the door, she knows whose fault it is, he will pay.

Eli sits in hospital, Val trying to comfort him. He thanks her for all she has done, but talks of losing his dad, losing Gabi, losing his baby, lost everything. Abe sits with Lani as she finally awakens, a bit groggy, but it comes back to her. Abe is just happy she is o.k., says they almost lost her. She wants to see her baby, Abe strokes her face, kisses her forehead, will be right back. He talks to Eli & Val, just could not tell Lani. Val offers, but Eli insists he will do so. His baby. He goes to see Lani, she asks when they are going to bring out baby, is it boy or girl. Eli solemnly says it was a boy. She catches the “was”, and realizes the baby did not make it. Eli says it, she is crying, he is holding her.

Stefan is on phone, talking of taking down Kate as Brady & Eve arrive. He won't talk of it, they came to finalize the deal, he gives them the papers. Oh, wait a minute, what are you trying to pull. Evidently the papers are an offer to buy, keeping Eve as head of company. She & Brady want time to talk. Eve is ready to say forget it. Brady says not so fast, points out business advantages that will lead to them building their own company. However, they tell Stefan no, Eve talking of not being so stupid she would sign without having a lawyer check it over, etc. they leave.

Theresa is pacing around, talking to herself (where the heck does she get these clothes, tis morning, is she going clubbing?) JJ comes out of shower, complains of her leaving towels on floor, tells her of Lani losing the baby. Theresa is sorry, JJ blames himself, Theresa assures him that is not so. Nice talk. He says something about her losing Brady, she says yeah, but not over. He doesn't know yet the big surprise I have for him.

Kate is shocked that Chad is CEO of Titan, immediately tries to talk him out of it, betraying the family, and all that rot. He defends, is out to get Stefan, put Leo in his place, restore Sonny's good name, and destroy whoever put Leo up to this. And Kate amazes us, by admitting she is the one. She goes thru the entire scenario, of it being Vivian's idea originally, blah, blah, then adds the embellishments of her own, expanding them somewhat. She says she found out, Viv wanted them to be partners, she refused, was going to tell Sonny, that is what they were arguing about when Viv eventually died.

Chad still is going to clear Sonny's name, go tell him, and now Kate pulls out all the stops. He is a DiMera, his father's son, rightful heir, needs to take down Stefan, regain the company he took away from us, the house he took away from us. Kate is all “we” and “our”, talking of Chad being like her own son, really pouring it on non-stop. And then the coup-de-grace....she pulls out Stefano's ring, holding it out to Chad, urging him to put it on, claim his rightful place, blah, blah, yada, yada. Chad has so far not been swayed, but she goes on and on. Chad's cell rings, it is Sonny. He doesn't answer, takes the ring, it is on his pinky finger. A satisfied Kate smirks.

Stefan talks to Stefano's portrait. He is laying the foundation to bring the company back up to greatness. You would be proud of me. Starting a new power base. In comes Gabi to confront Stefan, have to deal with me, first.

Almost forgot.....Brady gets an envelope sent up by the desk, delivered by messenger. Eve thinks it is more junk from Stefan, but no......Theresa is suing Brady for full custody of Tate.

Almost forgot.....Brady gets an envelope sent up by the desk, delivered by messenger. Eve thinks it is more junk from Stefan, but no......Theresa is suing Brady for full custody of Tate.

:rolleyes: Of course she is.

LOL, am guessing lst part is never at a loss for words....but no idea what is meant by "it wiles".

"Wiles" as in manipulations. You guessed the words spot on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just so tired of Gabi getting kicked when she's down. I really hope she gets some happiness and satisfaction soon. I hope Chad does the right thing. I love Kate as a character, but she's really an awful person, and Chad would be a FOOL to let her drag her to the dark side and screw over a real friend. I'm not sure I believe that's what he's going to do.

Eli and Lani: I was surprised by how I affected I was by their scenes. I don't mind Eli and Lani, but I just don't get the feeling that the writers have any interest in putting them together, so I don't really invest in their scenes. But today did have me saying, "wow!"

When Eli told Lani about the baby, my first thought was, couldn't he have softened it a bit? Why is he just blurting it out? Then I realized he had to do it that way. The only way to do was to do was to do it. He wouldn't be able to say it otherwise. I admit I felt myself choking up. :cry:

Kate/Chad/Eve/Brady/the guy living in the DiMansion: The reason why I'm lumping these scenes under the same heading is because I felt the same way about them. They all reminded me of a a cartoon I used to watch in my younger days called "Tazmania." It followed the misadventures of the Tasmanian Devil of "Looney Tunes" fame and his family and various friends. His dad would usually seem to be gearing up to say something profound and would just say "Blah, blah yakkity smackity!" And that's all I heard in those scenes was "Blah, blah, yakkity smackity!" In other words, I had no interest in any of it.

Gabi's homecoming: I get it, this is a soap and soaps thrive on constant angst. I get that Gabi has replaced Nicole as the show's emotional punching bag. But still, could Gabi please have at least two nanoseconds of happiness, please? This was just piling on. Enough!

Although, I will say one thing about the final scene between Gabi and What's-His-Face: You go, GIRL!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sincerely hope Chad finds a way to help Sonny......but also, "get" Kate. Don't want him buying her line of blarney, after admitting how she took over Vivian's plan. Noted she conveniently left out killing Viv, referring to it as "we argued". Yes, let her believe he bought it all.

Wonder how Abby will take her hubby wearing that ring when she finally returns. Really do not need Chad to turn into Stefano, Jr.

Oh Kate, never at a loss for words or wiles.
Agree, even in those rare moments like today when she tells the truth, she's up to no good.
Eli and Lani: I was surprised by how I affected I was by their scenes.I
Apparently, NBC is indifferent to the Days writers attempt to create an emotional Abe-Lani scene. Was this really the right moment for a Jurassic World velociraptor to run across the bottom of the viewers' TV screens?

About other subjects.

Eve: There's no doubt now about who's the brains of the Brady-Eve combination. If Eve had not been in the DiMansion living room, it seemed as if Brady would have gotten caught in Sleazy O. McSlime's web of evil.

JJ: Xander may be gone, but JJ carries on -- continuing the grand tradition of Salem men appearing in bath towels.

Maggie: Like most of Salem, she seems to have amnesia about Chad's personal history. He may be a DiMera by blood, but his formative years were spent as a Peterson-Woods. Surely, Maddie's upbringing had more of an effect than Stefano's tainted genes.

Chad: The Phoenix ring seemed to be a perfect fit, but if he wears it around Titan, Victor will have him pitched out the front of the K-mansion door so fast that his head will spin.

Eli and Lani: I was surprised by how I affected I was by their scenes. I don't mind Eli and Lani, but I just don't get the feeling that the writers have any interest in putting them together, so I don't really invest in their scenes. But today did have me saying, "wow!"
Hear, hear. These two actors can deliver. But they've been relegated to the backburner for months.

I still don't understand why the story was told this way. Terrible.

As to the entire rest of the show - I'm sorry, but I like Claire, and I like Leo, and I like Gabi, despite the writers' hatred of them. So I guess it's time to say so long, thanks for all the fish.

Thanks, Poirot.

A very sad day for Gabi when Ari said she hated her. I hope we'll
see Ari hugging
Gabi soon.

So Kate convinced Chad to not tell Sonny she was the one who had
Leo sue Titan.
She must have some kind of magical powers to get men to do what she wants them to do.

Chad put on Stefano's ring. I hope he won't go all the way to the
"Dark Side"

So Stefan wants to buy Basic Black. What is John going to think if
that happens?

I hope JJ visits Lani. He needs to let her know that he feels guilty because
her baby died.

Thanks for the summary. A nice close to the week with some cliffhangers, heartbreaking scenes, and a pretty big surprise with Chad. I also saw the promo for next week, and have to say that so far this summer is turning out to be one of Days' best, storyline-wise, even if certain aspects are frustrating.

Looks like some people may be going to the dark side. If Chad ends up bad and Gabi ends up bad, will they get back together? I hope neither one of them really goes bad. Let them find other ways to deal with their hurt and anger.

I don't think I understood Kate's reasoning with Chad. Is she really intending to use all this thing to bring down Stefan or does she just want Titan for herself?

Back