Days of Our Lives - Fri., June 23, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, June 23, 2017

John has come to the hospital to see Paul, who is packing up, is all well, and back to normal. He thanks John for finding them all, grateful he was able to get medical help in time. John (looking good, the grey is showing, handsome man!) is leaving again, ISA business, Paul tries to learn where, no luck. Paul talks of Sonny taking over at Titan, feels it is all going to his head, the power. John thinks it will all settle down soon.

Justin has confronted Sonny about firing 50 employees, tho Sonny explains he was being careful, all hired by Deimos, wanted to make sure he did not have anyone still loyal to Deimos around. They argue, Sonny shows him some tablet, or folder, Justin reads, takes it all down a notch or 3, hopes Titan hasn't suffered from illegal dealings.

Sonny meets up with Paul at the Martin house, they talk over things, Paul is all fine now, says it was Sonny's love that pulled him back from the brink of losing his sanity completely. They talk of how much they care for each other, and end up going upstairs to Paul's room.

Marlena is with Eric at the Pub, he talks of Nicole having to do her community service under him, she is sure all will go well. He is dedicated, good at what he does, and won't let anything undermine his work. Eric says the Center may have to close down, out of funding, Marlena talks of fund raisers, then mentions the party Eli is hosting tonight at Martin house, this may be last minute, but they could make it a fund raiser. Julie is on the board, she surely will go along with the idea. He leaves, she later is joined by John, both hating the idea he has to leave again, talking of how much they will miss each other. He has to go, but wants her to come along, he has one more stop, before he leaves. Oh, yes, he gifts her with a charm for her bracelet, a plane, so she will know he cannot wait to come flying back to her arms.

Deimos is in his favorite back alley, in the Salem popular disguise (baseball hat & sunglasses) meeting his goon. Everyone at the factory was arrested, Deimos will get charges dropped. Deimos is leaving town, first wants to retrieve the amulet from Sonny, who he is blaming for taking his CEO job, losing Nicole, etc. etc. His thug thought DiMera stole it...yep, but Sonny must have stole it from him. The thug pulls out a vial of Halo2, gives it to Deimos, who explains he had some German scientist refined the formula, take out the lethal effects, but no, he is not putting this no formula into production, has a better use for it himself.

Chloe is flashing back to telling Nicole she is returning Holly to her. Her mom calls, wants to be sure she is not going to change her mind. Another call comes in, Chloe is surprised by whoever is on the phone.

Brady & Nicole sit on the bed with Holly, Nicole going on and on by how happy she is, has the family she always dreamed of, has Holly, Brady, Tate. Perfect, everything is perfect, she has never been happier. (Can you all tell what is in store?) Chloe arrives, they all have to go down to the the court, Judge Thorpe wants to see them in his chambers. She doesn't know why. All are perplexed.

And in the judges chambers, with Justin along, in comes Judge Thorpe. Justin starts right in with why they are called in, getting Nicole, Brady to calm down, let him handle it. The upshot is, Nicole is an unfit mother, kidnapped Holly & went on the run, and not the first time. She is irresponsible, and put the child in danger. Nothing Justin, Nicole or Brady says makes a difference. She is not getting Holly. And no, Holly cannot be given to Chloe either, she should not have gotten her in the 1st place, she stole her. So, Holly is going into foster care, but he will revisit this case in 60 days. Social Services Mrs. Rasher comes in to take Holly from the crying, sobbing Nicole. Chloe is so sorry, this is all her fault. No, says Nicole, it isn't your fault at all. Chloe mentions leaving for NY today, but will stay on, if they want her to do anything at all. No, go. Chloe & Nicole hug.

Now Nicole cries again on Brady's shoulder, but finally pulls herself together. She is strong, capable, has to prove herself, so she has community service, this is what she will do. Brady concurs, gives her more pep talk, support.

John & Marlena are visiting Brady, glad to see him looking well, he tells them about Nicole having Holly taken, put into foster care. John & Marlena are sorry to hear that, will be hopeful Holly will be returned in 2 months. John talks about how his 2 sons both had miraculous recoveries, Brady thinks they should celebrate, but John can't, he has to leave.

Nicole walks into the Horton Center, takes out her phone, looks at a pic of Holly on it. Eric arrives, says her name as he comes around behind her. She turns looks, neither says a word.

Did I miss something again? Chad buried the amulet when he thought he was alone. Sonny came from his hiding place and dug it up and no one was around. So how does Deimos know Sonny has it?

Thank you, Poirot. My tv reception kept going out due to all of this rain, and when I did have something it was only video.

Oh well, at least I got to see John for a few seconds.

Can this amulet story get any lamer?

I'm wondering if Holly going to foster care was the original plan or if it is a rewrite.

The Holly story is so unrealistic. While it's plausible that Nicole couldn't get custody of Holly because of the kidnapping, but putting her in foster care? Why wouldn't custody be awarded to Maggie or Chloe? Foster care is a last resort when no other family members are able or willing to take on the child.

The Holly story is so unrealistic. While it's plausible that Nicole couldn't get custody of Holly because of the kidnapping, but putting her in foster care? Why wouldn't custody be awarded to Maggie or Chloe? Foster care is a last resort when no other family members are able or willing to take on the child.
This is a soap that had a flatlined Brady "coming back to life" because his donor's heart started beating at the touch of his infant daughter. Realism is not in their vocabulary.

I loved John's hair today!! Looked natural and great.

Eric's hair looked ridiculous and Sonny's was even worse.

Why in the heck does Holly always have on that silly little cap. Seems like she could take it off while inside.

I have loved Nicole for many years, but I am soooooo tired of watching her cry.

TV babies usually wear a hat. Just like there is always a blanket thrown over the side of cribs and playpens (that face the camera) . I think they always have babies in hats so they can use "doll-in-blanket" if needed and the shots will match with "real baby." (since the blanket-wrapped doll wears a hat, too, to hide the plastic head)

John's now moved into silver fox territory with the actor who played Bill Horton during Alice's funeral storyline.

Arianne Zucker (Nicole) must have chapped skin beneath her eyes from all of Nicole's crying.

As I watched today, kept wondering if the misery is all being done on purpose, ruin as many characters as possible. Now I know Ms. Higley just loved Dr. Tan, and Nicole as well. Thus the baby getting Dr. Tan's heart beating again. But Nicole's misery seems odd for a writer who just loves the character. Sure hope a lot of tweaking goes on between now and mid-July. LOL

If today's episode had a theme, it could easily be "Idiots' Friday.

1) "Big Boy" Sonny who goes to the head of the class for treating loyal Titan employees like they were stale hamburger buns or wilted lettuce. Why doesn't he also fire anyone left who was hired by Ian McAllister or Brady? After all, a dynamic, hard-driving CEO like himself can't afford to take chances.:sarcasm:

2) Judge Thorpe, the latest all-star from Salem's dim-witted judiciary, for becoming the latest wretch to make poor Nicole miserable. Maybe, Brady should have offered him a fat campaign contribution for his next reelection campaign.

3) Whatever judge foisted Nicole on the unwilling Eric. From all appearances, the Horton Center is a privately-funded charitable organization and the Salem courts have no more right to force it to take Nicole that it would to compel University Hospital to take her on to change bedpans or to order Father Louis to put her to work at St. Luke's Academy as a lunch lady.

4) Deimos, cleverly disguised in his black baseball cap, admiring his tube of special halo and making threats against everyone and anyone. He should realize that with the resourceful Rory aiding the Salem P.D., his expiration date is drawing closer and closer.

Finally, kudos to Drake Hogestyn (John) for his new grey-haired look. Now he has the aura of a silver fox instead of being an older guy who's one bad dye job away from having purple-hued hair.

TV babies usually wear a hat. Just like there is always a blanket thrown over the side of cribs and playpens (that faces the camera) . I think they always have babies in hats so they can use "doll-in-blanket" if needed and the shots will match with "real baby." (since the blanket-wrapped doll wears a hat, too, to hide the plastic head)

John's now moved into silver fox territory with the actor who played Bill Horton during Alice's funeral storyline.

Arianne Zucker (Nicole) must have chapped skin beneath her eyes from all of Nicole's crying.
Imagine, Doll-in-Blanket as a style trendsetter. Actually, putting caps on babies seems to be the thing these days. When my granddaughter was born in 2015, the hospital always had a cap on her head, and when she went home, her adoring parents usually had her wear a cap. As for John's silver-fox look, I've already put in my approving two cents on the Today in Salem thread. Maybe, Roman should follow suit. The ladies might just find him irresistible and he'd finally get a kiss, or two, or three. Finally, Arianne Zucker (Nicole) has had to do so much crying in recent years that she can probably weep real tears on cue.

Actually, putting caps on babies seems to be the thing these days. When my granddaughter was born in 2015, the hospital always had a cap on her head, and when she went home, her adoring parents usually had her wear a cap.
They've been putting hats on TV/movie babies for a long time now. Once the onscreen child is too big to be passed off as doll-in-blanket, then they quit using the cap all the time.

Here's actor Bradley Cooper in American Sniper cradling doll-in-blanket (missing her trademark blanket):

american-sniper-baby-oscars-red-carpet-2-31577-1424650753-12_big.jpg

Jack and Erica Bing on the Friends finale. Real babies were used for some shots (second pic) and dolls for others (first pic). Emma Geller-Green on Friends as a real baby and as doll-in-blanket. Phoebe's triplets on Friends. Head-on shots used real babies, but far shots used dolls.

ca68d95042d66a754d21fe0d25f6750c.jpg
c95cc82da0973d8d857eabaa413b45bf.jpg
b4b15def36ff316bb57d132f81769fe5.jpg
a8e72ce8031d773e8aeb6326f0d9dac7.jpg
e4ada33b8f64b4134e428513bad03231.jpg

I agree. I also thought the judge's comment about Chloe was a bit harsh. He basically insulted his colleague who had awarded Chloe custody in the first place. I wonder if this judge might be a Deimos plant?

This story is just so bad on all levels. Brady and Nicole don't work for me romantically. He was really annoying in the hearing room. This should have led to a Brady/Chloe reconciliation. Instead she is going to NY and we get stuck with more Nicole, Brady and probably Eric now. Poor Jen probably back on the backburner.

But Nicole's misery seems odd for a writer who just loves the character.

I think Dena's love for characters just means she writes for them as much as possible at the expense of other characters. Stories don't have to make sense. Pretty much all the characters we know she loves: Nicole, Rafe, Hope, Brady, Daniel, Gabi have been ruined over the past 2 years.

I also loved John's hair. I don't usually love greying hair but it's very flattering on him. Nice John and Marlena scenes. Pleasantly surprised to see them with Brady but again she was treated as an outsider instead of as his mother.

It's great to see Salemites finally dressed for Winter in late June. Taping schedule strikes again.

The Martin House: We now have Eli, Abby, Dario, and Paul living there. Who is next? And are all the bedrooms identical?

Today's episode would have been much better with Belle and Philip included. Justin is an awful lawyer and Sonny the CEO doesn't work for me.

Back