Days of Our Lives - Fri., June 23, 2017

Thanks Poirot.

So, Deimos wants the amulet. Go for it. I dare you. I double dare you. See what bad
luck you might get.

Poor Nicole. She had Holly for maybe a day and Holly was placed in foster care.
I'm glad Maggie will get to visit her.

Sorry to see John go on assignment again. I hope he won't be gone too long.

Line of the day goes to Deimos. His henchman said he was beginning to think the cops had
found him. Deimos replies "Talking about the Salem PD. They're lucky if they can find their
way to the nearest donut shop"

I loved John's hair today!! Looked natural and great.

Eric's hair looked ridiculous and Sonny's was even worse
I agree that Sonny's hair is gross. Greasy like a mobster. John did look good. Eric must have the same hairdresser as Sonny. The judge is a jerk.

Last edited by a moderator:
John's new look involves much more than a color change. The bouffant, hair-spray look is gone. :clap: He is now looking like a guy who has just walked out of one of our local barber shops. I hope he will be a positive influence upon a couple of other characters that I have in mind. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sonny could lose some of the wet look, but I prefer the current style to the old stand-up, frightened-Big-Boy, of the past.

Yes, Nicole is being kicked around again. Just to play the blame game, though, I fault her for insisting upon staying with Deimos, in spite of warnings from everyone in Salem. This triggered the entire custody mess. I do hope that she will be able to tightly control herself for 60 days! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Who could be considered the rightful owner of The Amulet? The country of Greece? :confused:

I like John's new hair look a lot. The color especially, and it also looks like a better cut. I don't know why he doesn't just quit that job that takes him away all the time, since he and Marlena both have such a problem with him going. I guess maybe the actor still needs time off for now.

Did Deimos ever own the amulet? I thought I heard him say in this episode that Chad stole it from him, then Sonny got it from Chad. But I thought Chad bought it from somebody in Greece. I must have missed something.

The whole thing with the judge seemed too stupid to be in any way realistic. I know of some cases where protective services have done some really nasty things to people but this judge almost acted as though he'd been paid to do what he did.

I wonder if this judge might be a Deimos plant?

I was thinking the same thing. Wasn't Judge Thorpe the one who stepped down after it came out Deimos tried to bribe him? The female judge may be found dead for all I know. Deimos said he had a list of people to get revenge on. Maybe Deimos upped the ante to a figure ($$$) the judge couldn't refuse. I don't know if this is being discussed in other threads. I have a little catching up to do.

Did Deimos ever own the amulet? I thought I heard him say in this episode that Chad stole it from him, then Sonny got it from Chad. But I thought Chad bought it from somebody in Greece. I must have missed something.
From what I remember, Deimos was in the process of buying the amulet, when Chad swooped in and managed to convince the owner to sell it to him instead. Somehow Sonny got involved, but Chad go the amulet from the guy in Greece, at the outdoor cafe.

I was thinking the same thing. Wasn't Judge Thorpe the one who stepped down after it came out Deimos tried to bribe him? The female judge may be found dead for all I know. Deimos said he had a list of people to get revenge on. Maybe Deimos upped the ante to a figure ($$$) the judge couldn't refuse. I don't know if this is being discussed in other threads. I have a little catching up to do.

I thought Belle had the judge removed from the case because she had found out about the bribery. Another reason why Justin is a bad lawyer. He should have complained too when he saw the judge come in. Bad continuity.

I agree. I also thought the judge's comment about Chloe was a bit harsh. He basically insulted his colleague who had awarded Chloe custody in the first place.... Justin is an awful lawyer and Sonny the CEO doesn't work for me.
1) Yes, the dim-witted Judge Thorpe bluntly questioned the judgment of his colleague on the Salem bench, Judge Duncan. Considering that there don't seem to be many judges in Salem, this was an especially serious breach of judicial etiquette. Perhaps, Judge Duncan should pay him back by visiting his chambers and smacking him over the head with a copy of Black's Law Dictionary (it's really thick).

4128ZM%2BGORL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Landing soon on the top of Judge Thorpe's empty head?

2) Yep, Justin is a pretty awful lawyer. He often seems unprepared and takes cases for which he doesn't have the proper background. It might make for good future scenes if a judge told Justin to go back to law school, he discovered that he was being sued for legal malpractice, or he finds that he's being censured by the Salem courts.

3) Sonny as a CEO is a joke. The surviving Titan employees will soon be laughing at him behind his back. They'd probably be saying things like, "Did you hear the latest thing Junior did?" or "OMG, watch out, Big Boy is having one of his tantrums."

I also thought the judge's comment about Chloe was a bit harsh. He basically insulted his colleague who had awarded Chloe custody in the first place.

Exactly! I was beginning to think I was the only one who picked up on that. Being awarded custody is different from stealing. Even if the events leading up the hearing were a bit underhanded, especially waiting so long to tell Nicole that Holly was hers, but Chloe didn't steal Holly. It might have seemed like it to those of us who have waited what seems like forever for Nicole to have a child, but the fact remains that Chloe got custody of Holly legally.

Back