Days of Our Lives - Fri., Mar. 20, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Flash.........Fred the elephant contains diamonds.

Days of Our Lives
Friday, March 20, 2015

Replay of Nicole finishing Daniel's shave, getting close, about to kiss, he pulls away. He is not ready to do this again. He goes off to change clothes, she is practically in tears, figures he thinks she might still be hung up on Eric. He returns in scrubs, was called to work. (I had a phone call early on so don't know how he ended up over at Jennifer's, but he is next conversing with her. Upshot, she very nicely thanks him for all he has done for her children, but she should not have come to him, involved him at all, is sorry, and politely tells him to butt out of their lives. He is leaving, JJ bursts in.

JJ and Paige do all their usual, he pleads, she hesitates, several times, but finally, she seems to forgive him, kisses him. They kiss a lot, he promises to never hurt her ever, she tells him she has to be honest not only with him, with everyone, has to go tell Cole that she really wasn't sick (the excuse she used to end their date). She goes off. JJ rushes home. After Daniel leaves, he mutters that if JJ is happy, things must be o.k. and he is going to stay out of it. Inside the house, a very happy JJ is hugging his mother, he & Paige are back together.

Earlier, Eve comes upon Jennifer sitting with Maggie & Parker, and after first commenting in a grandiose way of how big parker has grown, goes off on a tangent about when Paige was that age, now all grown, smart, happy, beautiful, new school, new friends, new beau, one she is out with right now, name of Cole, smart, good looking, just the kind of fellow that would be good for Paige. Maggie has not said a word, takes Parker, and leaves. Jen confronts Eve about her speech, and they do their usual dance. JJ no good, and Jen's attempt at blackmail is for naught, as Paige is all done with worthless JJ, more of the same with Jen giving it back. (Yawwnnn). But Eve goes home, nearly calls Paige, decides against it, looks at the sofa, does one of her Eve/JJ flashbacks. (This is all getting too old and boring)

Serena arrrives at her hotel room, finds it trashed, and her elephant broken to bits. Navidad calls, tells Serena HE is impatient, has waited long enough, she is out of time. Serena grabs her coat to leave, Eric calls, she apologizes for running out on him. Will call him later.
Nicole sits in the club, martini in front of her, bemoaning Daniel's attitude. Along comes Eric, who is going to join her, but she says no....then apologizes, it is not him, she talks of Daniel, of how Eric has been more receptive to her of late, she appreciates, finally telling him to sit down, and is about to get another chair for Serena, who she assumes will be coming, but no, Serena has plans with a friend. Nicole mentions running into her earlier at Daniel's, how they startled each other, how Serena dropped the elephant. This starts Eric talking about how he had it, gave it to Daniel, she had wanted it, and how she had one herself, since they bought them at same time. And Nicole is all ears.......so there ARE two elephants.

Maggie has brought Parker home, comments how good Daniel looks having shaved, Nicole leaves. Melanie comes home, Maggie has left. Serena is coming over, Daniel has to dash, Serena arrives, he goes out. Serena's eyes are on Fred. Mel takes Parker to bed, Serena is about to open the secret compartment in Fred, someone at the door. Tis Maggie, whose wallet, for some reason, was put in Parker's bag, rather than her own purse. Mel comes out, invites Maggie to stay and have some girl time with them, she agrees. Serena makes the best of it, smiles, etc.

Paige arrives home, calls for her mom, who wants to hear all about her date with Cole. Nope, Paige is solemn, wants to tell her something. She goes on about being so mad at her mom for lying to her about California, and Grampa, but she wants a new start, so has decided to forgive her. Eve is ecstatic, gushes about what a good influence Cole is on her already. But Paige backs her off, and tells her that she & JJ are talking now about getting back together. She wants to be completely honest, and so is telling her. Eve's face falls.

Over at Daniel's apt. Maggie has left at last, Melanie gets a call, leaves the room. Serena jumps up, grabs Fred, opens the compartment. She has a big smile on her face, but doesn't take out the contents right away. She sets the elephant down, slides open the door, pulls out a little baggie of clear round gems, (guessing at diamonds.) She is so happy, has them at last.

Oh, am sorry.......left out Sonny & Will......
Sonny wants to know what all the items about Paul are, they are arguing a bit. Will is whining that Sonny asked Paul to marry him before he asked Will. Sonny says he did not even know Will then. They go back and forth, and in comes Lucas with Ari. Sonny is so happy to see her, takes her into her room (hey, holds her hand and she walks into the bedroom) So Lucas wants to know what is going on, Will talks of his research, shows his dad the picture, the date on it, and Paul''s birth certificate, and tells of confronting Tori. Lucas is scolding his son, what the heck are you doing? Sonny is back, you don't have to worry about this any more. But Will thinks this is major for his career. Lucas is angry, your career is more important than your marriage?
Sonny comes out, Lucas leaves, and now Will & Sonny start in again. Will is claiming he was checking all that Paul stuff, he wants him out of their lives. But Sonny tells him he already saw Paul, that he was the first person Sonny ran into when he returned. Will's face shows he is not taking that well at all.

Thanks for the summary. Personally, I thought it was a boring show. Everyone irritated me today, but nobody more so than Will! I've changed my mind--I hope Sonny divorces Will and gets back together with Paul, a respectful, handsome, nice young man who's always been in love with him.

I wouldn't be mad at all if Sonny ended up with sole custody of Ari lol. That baby girl was holding on to him so tight as if she was afraid he was going to leave her alone with that weirdo in the other room again.

Why does Nicole keep doing this to herself and with the likes of Daniel Jonas? Exactly what did he think was going to follow him taking off his shirt and Nicole straddling his lap. Get out now Nicole. Pick up the tiny shreds of dignity you have left and GET OUT NOW.

What an amazing horrible let down regarding Fred. Had the reveal happened a month ago it might have been interesting. But really, gems?? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I will watch for Sonny and Ari.

So totally disappointed in the elephant storyline; not that I really expected anything decent. :cry:

Eve brought new meaning to the old saying "A day late and a dollar short" for first saying that tree-vandal Cole is a "real catch" and thinking that JJ-and Paiges were permanently splitsville. More on target was Nicole's question to the Love Doctor: "Do you always lounge around in your scrubs?" When off-camera, he just might. In fact, the newly-shaven miracle surgeon might consider contacting one of the top clothing brands about launching a new line of hospital-themed casual wear. As for Maggie, what was her wallet doing in Parker's backpack? Egg-mommy is lucky that it wasn't in Ciara's because she wouldn't have gotten it back without giving her credit card a good workout at Baron's. Finally, kudos to Lucas for telling some inconvenient truths to his nasty, career-obsessed son. A fitting ending to all of this would be Sonny leaving Will, getting custody of Baby Arianna, and Aiden winning a big libel suit for Tori.

As for Maggie, what was her wallet doing in Parker's backpack. Egg-mommy is lucky that it wasn't in Ciara's because she wouldn't have gotten it back without giving her credit card a good workout at Baron's.
Just imagining a blow-out between Ciara and Maggie over the wallet (had it been in Pinky the Backpack instead of Parker's backpack). :rotfl:

You know, Maggie's purse had no closure on it, so if she had said it must have fallen out here, and found it on the floor or something....would have been more plausible. Obviously,it was a very lame excuse by the writers to delay Serena finally getting the "treasure" out of Fred.

Gee, diamonds, what a shock. Did they really need to drag this out for 3 months? Wow. No wonder there was a head writer change. Ridiculous. I am glad that Nicole and Eric talked about this whole elephant business and I hope she's able to prove Serena is up to no good. I did have to chuckle though when Eric asked Nicole if she wanted some company and she said, "certainly not yours!" :rotfl:

I absolutely loathe Will and I'm sorry but I cannot stand how the actor constantly purses his lips like he's auditioning to be the next Donald Duck. And for crying out loud, please cut your hair. I hear Nicole is in the male grooming business.

Be still my heart, those scenes with Sonny and Ari were some of the best scenes this week. And that's saying something!

Gee, diamonds, what a shock. Did they really need to drag this out for 3 months? Wow.... I absolutely loathe Will and I'm sorry but I cannot stand how the actor constantly purses his lips like he's auditioning to be the next Donald Duck ....
Whoever carried out this diamond-smuggling plot was the worst kind of amateur -- putting a cache of diamonds inside a generic elephant figurine (image Doug, Julie, and a whole gaggle of fellow tourists lining up in some shop In Africa to buy their "Freds") and then losing track of it for years. These people seem even dumber than such all-star DiMera operatives as Bernardi, Fake Rafe, and Sy. As for Will's stupid "threatening" look, if he wants to scare anyone other than the hapless, defenseless Tori, he really needs an upgrade. Perhaps, he should get some lessons from Stefano and then practice in front of a mirror.

Really not liking the new Will. He is a schemer that is only out for himself and his "career". Man up and take responsibility for your actions! Arianna and Sonny were absolutely adorable! I was noticing how she was not amused by anyone, John singing to her yesterday or Will talking to her today. But she sure does love Sonny. So cute! And I am liking how they keep mentioning Peter Blake. I loved him. Well, I actually love Jason Brooks and I bet he wouldn't reprise the role. :)

Wondering how long Paige and JJ will be back together before it all blows up. I'm betting Eve spills the beans. She is going to be so jealous and I swear if JJ boinks her again after getting back with Paige I will be done!

The elephant - Cannot wait until Eric finds out about little miss perfect Serena. I'm betting Melanie is going to catch her admiring the bag of gems. I would have thought she'd want to stash them ASAP.

I lost every shred of respect (OK, it wasn't much, but still) for Paige today.

Nicole got to grovel to both Daniel AND Eric today. I'm assuming she'll be onto Serena by next sweeps. :beat:

Eve really serves no purpose anymore. This is not the gal I remember, spiteful and vindictive. Of course, I barely recognise anyone, so that's OK.

Maggie - DO NOT BE MEAN TO NICOLE. You're already on my list.

IT STILL BUGS ME when folks refer to Maggie as "Daniel's mom." NOPE. Mother, maybe. Bio mom, maybe. MOM NO.

Will is an idiot.

I too found it very interesting that Peter was mentioned AGAIN. But not Andre-Tony. Hmmm.... Then again, I was also surprised that someone with Will's history of paternity secrecy and DiMera siblinghood would be so eager to destroy someone. Hypocritical, cheating, stupid Sami Jr.

Sonny & Ari were too cute. I was hoping he'd take her out the back door and never come back to that apartment.

Okay so the diamonds were hidden within the base of the statue and not within the elephant itself. So the reason for the switch was what exactly? Did the secret compartment have some kind of locking mechanism that couldn't be opened until after Daylight Saving Time which is why Serena couldn't have done this like month or so ago? Or however long this nonsense has been going on?

Is this story even salvagable after this long? I don't know but if it is the writers are going to have-in the words of Desi Arnez-"some 'splainin' to do." Unfortunately I have little faith they can do that.

When Will was excitedly telling Lucas about the "big scoop" he was chasing and was saying with such conviction that Paul's father was either "Stefano or Peter," I silently added "or the butler (if it wasn't Harold then) or perhaps,,," In other words Will has bupkiss to prove his theory. I just can't wait until this sleazy little twerp gets his comuppance.

What can I say about the Sonny-Arianna scenes other then they were enough to melt even the heart of the most jaded cynic.

Back