Days of Our Lives - Fri., Mar. 29, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, March 29, 2019

Replay of Claire trying to convince Tripp they need some time alone, Salem Inn. He is reluctant, citing reasons, she is insistent (was waiting for her to stomp her feet, as that was how she was acting). She tells Haley she just wants time alone with her boyfriend. JJ offers to take Haley to his place, but there is the worry of the Feds watching their every move. (Claire has said she & Tripp can leave here separately, thus sneak into the Inn, no one will see them since they will be by themselves. Tripp agrees, Claire happily calls for reservations.

Meanwhile, Eve is gloating, she made reservation at Inn in Claire's name, paid in cash, and now has set up the hidden camera in the room. Claire will get Tripp to admit the marriage to Haley is a sham, etc. Jack is smiling, has made sure the camera is aimed at the perfect spot towards the bed, and Eve is checking to make sure her phone receives the video. Racket at the door, Jack & Eve panic. But it is Claire, why are they there, tells of JJ being at the loft, Haley there, yada, yada. Jack & Eve leave, but he doesn't want to go back to their room. Has to do something first.

Ben wakes up, has spent the night, Ciara there as well. Kiss. He feels so grungy, she says she thinks his fever broke (he was on IV meds). Offers to do sponge bath. He seems hesitant, but agrees, they talk of when he took care of her, washing her face & arms, so her turn. He starts to put his gown back on, she stops him, knows how to keep him warm, and lays on bed beside him. They cuddle a bit. Later, Kayla comes in, they are kissing, but that stops. She says his fever gone, antibiotics did the job, can go home.

Over at Bayview, Jordan wakes up, seemingly mystified to find herself in restraints, begins calling for Rafe.

At the cop shop, Hope & Rafe are talking about him telling Abe about Ted's blackmail of Will & Sonny, Hope's failure to tell Abe this herself, she thinks he is jealous of her being commissioner, he gets a bit ticked, they dealt with it a year ago, she thinks he is still bothered, his phone rings, it is Kayla. She is now at Bayview (guess it is right close to Salem, for sure), called in because Jordan had gotten upset, even tried to escape, had to be sedated, but is calling for Rafe. He says not a good time, Hope says go, they will talk later.

JJ & Haley talk, the ring has come off, she says it is too big, won't put it back on, knows Claire not too happy. Jewelry box still out, she puts ring in, JJ spots the lighter, tells Haley unusual item to keep in jewelry box. Tells of the first fire, talks finding lighter just like that at the fire. Knocking at door, tis Jack & Eve, he wants to talk to Tripp, who isn't there. They ask where he went. JJ instead reams Jack out, really gives him an earful, berates what he is doing, how he is using Haley just to get votes, why does he want to be mayor. Jack claims cares about Salem & citizens. JJ declares Haley a better citizen than he will ever be, says he would sell out his own mother, if he could remember her name, just to garner votes. JJ then throws both Eve & Jack out, slamming the door after them. He is angry, but apologizes to Haley for her mess, all his fault, told his dad, should never have done so. He leaves.

JJ arrives at hospital as Ciara & Ben are leaving, and gives Ciara a hard time about still dating Ben. She defends Ben, JJ goes on about him holding a gun on Abby while she gave birth, tied up Chad & her to the bed, then set the place on fire. Ciara assures him it wasn't Ben, already been proved. She mentions a lighter, JJ recalls the one Claire has.

Haley is pacing in the loft, opens the jewelry box, takes out the lighter.

Ted comes in, wondering why Abe is so hostile. Hope explains Abe learning of the blackmail from Rafe. Ted decides to resign, is leaving, she is a married woman, respects that, she offers her hand to shake good bye, he shakes, then kisses it. Leaves. She seems a bit discombobulated.

Rafe arrives at Bayview, Kayla fills him in, leaves, he talks to Jordan. She doesn't know why she is there, he fills her in, mentions the two fires she started, she says no, she did not start the first one. He asks, since she was watching Ben, seeing him carry Ciara into the cabin, if she saw who did start it.

Claire has Tripp in the room, having room service meal, gets him to say he is only doing a favor for friend Haley, who will go back to her own life, once she has her green card. Claire is all he wants.

Eve is happy as a clam, the video came thru, Tripp saying the marriage was fake, Eve bragging how they will call press, play the video. Jack says NO. Puts the kibosh on the entire plan. We are not going to do that.

Jordan is worried about “him”, I have to get him. Rafe asks who. She says something about a baby, he says if she means Charlotte, she is fine, is with Abby & Chad. No, not that baby. What baby are you talking about. Mine, replies Jordan.

Interesting part I left out. Eve is trying to make out with Jack, but he gets up, cannot do this. She starts her usual blathering, he says not now, but she continues, after all, we have spent months in bed together, though, no, we did not make love. He tells her again, did you not hear me say, not now. She comments that she was just wondering if the reason is Jennifer.

Hope and Rafe are awful. Just give it up. This marriage will never work. Glad she at least kinda said that.

I was hoping Jordan would come back with a baby Rafe. But if her child is a baby it can't be Rafe's.

Really JJ? Claire has a lighter so now you automatically go to maybe she set the fire? I mean, I know she did, but it's quite a leap! People own lighters!!

Had to laugh when JJ said to Jack you'd sell your own mother, if you could remember her name, to be mayor. Did Jack get a conscience so not going to out the sham marriage?

I kept waiting for Hope to walk in on Ciara giving Ben a sponge bath or cuddled up in bed but guess Aunt Kayla will have to do.

Once again Eve's crackpot thinking was in evidence.

She thinks that the voters will be outraged over bullets fired into the DiMansion by Noodlites? She should guess again. The average Salemite might hopefully ask: "Did any of them hit Stefan O?"

Eve believes that taping Haley is Jack's road to the mayoralty? It could just as easily be his fast track to Hope's jail. Making a video of Trippy (with or without his boxer shorts) without his knowledge is a crime. If the angry son of Ava files a complaint with the police, things might get dicey for scheming Eve, hapless Jack, and creepy Claire. This is especially true since opportunistic Ted (if he's not really quitting) might want to improve his status with Abe and Hope by nailing the mayor's political enemies.

Elsewhere, unless Arthur the Cat is a qualified nanny, Jordan must have access to good, long-term child care. She couldn't exactly have brought along Baby David when she was holding Ciara prisoner, planting fake evidence in Ben's place, and snatching Abigail's baby.

Last edited:
I am hoping that Claire was able to turn off the tape recorder after she got Tripp's verbal admission about the fake wedding and she didn't continue to record them hitting the sheets. But, it sounds like Jack may be getting some of his morals back, or maybe some of his memories. I sure hope so.

Thank you for this summary, Poirot. I hope this episode doesn't ruin Ciara and Ben for me. I like them together but I'll try to skip their hospital scenes. The thought of her sponge bathing him, then crawling into the hospital bed with him while he is unclothed, to keep him warm, is creepy to me. In a hospital? Save this stuff for your own private bedroom.

I can't even comment on how silly the Tripp/Haley/Claire thing is to me.

Hope and Rafe, painfully boring to watch. Can I hope Ted is leaving?

The only spark of hope I have in any of this episode is that someone may actually begin to figure out about Claire setting the fire, although yes, it is a big leap for JJ to get a clue from the lighter Claire is harboring.

Thanks, Poirot.

Ciara reminded Ben she was a candy striper. Then she started to give him a
sponge bath. I was a candy striper and I don't think any of us did that... but
It's Salem.

Interesting to learn Jack and Eve sleep together, but don't have sex.

I'm glad Jack told Eve no to posting the video.

Interesting to learn Jordan had a baby.

I think Hope enjoyed Ted kissing her hand..

Case in point...who puts the heavy eye shadow, mascara and false eyelashes on these women in the hospital?

Also candy stripers (back in the day) were not allowed to bathe patients. Most of them were teenagers and mainly brought magazines to patients.

I am stating the obvious when I say these writers are dumb, dumb and more dumb.

he is only doing a favor for friend Haley, who will go back to her own life, once she has her green card.
Not so sure about this. If someone enters the country on a fiancee visa, they have to prove the marriage is intact 2 years later. I can't believe that once Haley gets her green card they could annul the marriage.

Lil0, I also was thinking they would probably continue to be under scrutiny for a while. Besides, I'm thinking there may be some attraction between the two of them.

I was thinking the same as several of you have said about candy stripers and bathing too. What Poirot said even crossed my mind--Ciara could have said she knew how, from watching the aides do it. So how come many of us can think of such sensible things and the writers can't? :huh:

Is it so difficult to write for Kayla that she's now called in to consult on a patient not in her hospital and not in her area of specialty? I'm sorry but her treating Jordan at Bayview was beyond ridiculous.

The whole Ben in the hospital thing was silly. He wasn't even selling the fact that he was slightly ill. I still say a bad case of the flu would have been a better story and it would have lasted longer.

Eve truly serves no purpose. Jack has more than enough story with Jen and JJ. Too bad she and Ted can't get together, borrow the Fancy Face and sail off into the sunset.

Speaking of Eve, she and Haley are dressed for July while it's still March.

I'm bored with the whole immigration story. And with everything Hope. Someone please free Rafe.

Thanks for the summary!

Had to laugh when JJ said to Jack you'd sell your own mother, if you could remember her name, to be mayor. Did Jack get a conscience so not going to out the sham marriage?
Sure he would sell his own mother AND even Eve? :rotfl: Sure wish Jack would get even a bit of a conscience! He is anything but likeable at this point!:cry:

Thanks for the summaries. I wish I could add on more thoroughly, but everyone else echoed my sentiments. Like many here, I've never been a fan of Hope & Rafe. This Ted storyline along with Hope's petty attitude have killed any prospects that might have existed for me to grow to love them. The storyline is bland and dull, and seems to take up vital airtime more often than not.

Ben and Ciara in the hospital was odd and unrealistic. I'm a fan of theirs but crawling into a small, uncomfortable hospital bed with a sick & sweaty dude isn't something most people would do, even if in love. The fact that Aunt Kayla and others could've walked in (and in fact, did) further would kill the vibe. Elsewhere, I'm not interested at all in Jordan's storyline, because she was a boring character last time and none of this current stuff makes any sense.

Eve, Jack, and the young adult set is dreadfully boring. I can't believe vets--even characters as disliked as Eve--would be paired in a major storyline (and controversial one) alongside some of the silliest and most boring characters on the soap.

Finally, still not managing to care about Rex, Sarah, and Eric. The whole thing is ludicrous and fails to entertain. It's sad that Brady, once a leading man on the show, is reduced to being a petty gossip in this storyline.

Back