Days of Our Lives - Fri., Mar. 3, 2023

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Kmansion - Alex feels he's the logical choice. Maggie says he was until Vic received a call from Leo Stark. Alex's sexcapades could be bad optics. Run-through of some other Kiriakii who've abdicated or to whom Alex would loathe reporting. Maggie is CEO. She wants him to be #2 and teach her the ropes (despite her bravado that being married to Vic and owning two restaurants qualified her to be CEO). Alex calls Vic to confirm. Alex continues to be snide. Maggie points out she once ran a farm. Alex still doubts her skill. She jokes about firing him to improve his loyalty and demonstrate her credibility as CEO. They toast.

Salem Inn Twin Bed Room - Leo is talking about being a whore at university (Gwen's summary). Gwen is worrying about Xander's love for Sarah. Leo is sure that Xander will declare feelings for Gwen very soon. Knock, knock. It's Jack. He gives Gwen the keys. Leo cracks jokes. Jack wants to talk to Gwen. He and Jennifer "spent decades" (insert snort here) building a trustworthy paper. He wants Gwen to keep it classy. He and Jennifer are returning to Boston to run their other paper. Jack and Gwen rehash how they got here. Jack says they won't be able to disappoint each other if they're not in each other's lives. Jack will always love her and hopes that distance will make loving each other easier. He hopes she finds the happiness she seeks. (Both actors are selling this, pretty good scenes.) Jack leaves.

Not the Salem Inn - Justin tells Xander there was a problem with the paperwork and Xander and Sarah are still married. Some clerk misplaced the files so it never went through. New papers are to be signed. Xander wants to read them first.

Hospital - Sarah tells Rex she's pregnant. He's happy. "We're having a baby," the genius states. He's happy because he was just talking to Emily about this. Rex also thinks this will make his relationship better. Sarah has to slowly explain that Xander is the bio-dad. (She and Rex slept together the day before Valentine's Day.) Sarah doesn't know what she wants to do. Rex offers her a fresh start in Chicago, where he's already gotten her hired as a doctor. Sarah likes the offer but doesn't want Rex to over-read the situation. Rex isn't/won't even though he already did once. Xander walks in (but didn't hear anything) and wants to speak to Sarah alone. Rex blusters. Sarah shoos him. Xander explains their situation. He has more papers, asks if Sarah's sure this is what she wants. Maybe the universe is telling them to remain married? Sarah gulps.

Horton House - Julie is home from a cruise. Jennifer is thrilled to see her. Julie wants to know when Jennifer lost her mind. Jennifer says they were blackmailed. Julie knows about the hit and run. Jennifer is shocked. Julie recounts the figgy pudding fight with Gwen. Julie plans to run Gwen down herself. Jennifer stops her. She wants to cut their losses. Julie blames Jack "not keeping it in his pants" as Jack walks in. They tell Julie they're leaving. Julie plans to keep tabs on Gwen.

Square - Gwen and Leo are eating. Leo has one-liners but Gwen isn't worried about her food. She's worried she gave up her daddy for a man who doesn't even love her. Leo tries to pep talk her about the divorce. Justin wanders over and explains the situation. Leo continues to try to reassure Gwen, Justin keeps shooting him down. Justin thinks Xander's reconsidering. He takes one of Leo's fries (or something) and leaves.

Hospital - Sarah thinks Xander is scamming her. He's not. Sarah says the universe is telling them through her Chicago job offer to go their separate ways. She's teary. She signs, he signs. She'll file them before she leaves. Xander realizes this is goodbye.

Horton House - Jack and Jennifer say goodbye to the house. (Julie gave them her leis from the cruise.) This will always be their home. They leave.

Square - Leo spots Xander and calls him over. Xander tells them the papers are signed and Sarah is leaving with Rex Brady. Leo can't contain his joy for his friend.

Kmansion - Justin walks in on the toast and assumes Alex is CEO. He learns Alex is reporting to Aunt Maggie.

Hospital - Rex learns that Sarah didn't tell Xander about the pregnancy but is taking the job. They review the Emily and Mackenzie story flops. Sarah needs some space and time to think about it without Xander around. Rex claims he understands this. She's going ahead with her plan to leave Salem. END

Jack did a great job running the paper when he was dead or on a walkabout or in London, didn't he? Such a great newsman.

Rex is so incredibly stupid.

Sarah is the biggest victim of bad, lazy, and film-delayed writing in recent memory.

Julie continues to grate my nerves.

Leo's snarks may have fallen flat, but I like that he stands by Gwennie. The show needs more couples like Gwen and Leo.

Nahhhhh, the father will turn out to be Leo from a drunken one night stand neither of them remember. :rolleyes: :sarcasm:

Then a later storyline will confirm that the baby is actually Maggie's from one of her frozen eggs and secretly implanted in Sarah by Rolf. It'll be a ground-breaking storyline for Re-Ron, since Sarah will be giving birth to her own half-sibling. :rolleyes:

So Jack left town without saying goodbye to his brother???? After his brother lost his wife, Jack's ex-wife.

Maggie as CEO. Well at least someone who graduated high school more than 3 minutes ago. Still not qualified but has life experiences.

And Jack set the beast free BEFORE he knew Jennifer, and Laura stopped him from ever knowing. Or was this rewritten again??

I really don't like the writing for Xander and Sarah. Will they become the next Eric and Nicole for me? Always wanting one or another but never quite making it work? I'm not in for 2 couples in limbo love.

Lord, Justin sure dragged out telling what the problem was with divorce and they dragged out announcing the new CEO, but I guess that was to make us think Xander was going to be named CEO. Alex can be 2nd in charge but not CEO because of his sexcapades? I wouldn't think they'd want him 2nd in charge if they are disturbed by it. Was sad to have Victor on the phone. I wish Victor really was on the phone.

I always liked Xander and Sarah. So sad they ruined them and never let them be happy. Yes Sarah, I think it is the universe trying to tell you that you two should work it out especially since you are pregnant with Xander's child.

And Jack set the beast free BEFORE he knew Jennifer, and Laura stopped him from ever knowing. Or was this rewritten again??
Since I don't physically watch the show, I don't know how this came out on screen, but Jack got Tiffany pregnant before he ever met Jennifer. Then Tiffany came to Salem to let Jack know she had had his child about 8 years earlier. Laura happened to answer the door at the Horton house, told Tiffany to meet her somewhere (the pub), then pretended to be Jack's secretary and gave Tiffany a fat check to leave town with Gwen and never contact Jack again.

Then Laura kept quiet and never told Jack that Tiffany had showed up in Salem to say she had his daughter. Laura kept sending checks to Tiffany for Gwen's support. When the last check wasn't cashed, Laura followed up with the bank and found out had Tiffany died, but she didn't do anything to continue supporting Gwen, who was still a child.

Thanks for the summary. I agree, this episode was stupid and dull.

Rex is an absolute moron, Leo (while sometimes entertaining) is getting old, although I do like his friendship with Gwen. The Justin paperwork stuff was pointless and moronic filler. Alex is almost as stupid as Rex is, although I am glad Maggie (even if unqualified in many respects) is CEO.

Julie should've stayed on her cruise. Am really not a fan of her character. And I am overjoyed that Sarah is finally leaving town. She never should have come back, if you ask me. Too bad Kritter disappeared without kidnapping her again. Not happy about her pregnancy, either.

Xander: Pity the poor X-Man — passed over for Titan CEO and Sarah pulling a Sami by refusing to disclose her pregnancy.

Salem Courts: Their clerks appear to be as incompetent as every other employee in Salem. Hopefully, they didn’t make any other errors. Imagine some guy who’s all set to marry his girlfriend only to learn thar he’s not divorced after all.

Leo: His act is getting stale. If he doesn’t up his game, Gwen might pull the plug on “Lady Whistleblower.”

Julie: Instead of Julie squawking while wearing a lei, we should have had Doug wearing a Hawaiian shirt, strumming a ukelele, and singing the Don Ho hit, “Tiny Bubbles.”

Maggie: Titan employees will love Maggie as CEO when they find that she’s baking cookies and lemon bars for them.

Rexy: If the hospital administrator, Mr. Burns, learns that Rexy tried to lure away his only doctor, he’ll wring his clueless neck.

I happen to like Julie. She tells it like it is. I looked up Suzanne Rogers (Maggie). She's 72 years old. I think a little on the old age side to take on CEO of a huge corporation.

I'm very tired of Leo. Won't miss Sarah. Wish the baby is Rex's and then there will be no coming back to mess up Xander's life. Not a fan of him, either.

Thanks, Jason.

Darn, Jennifer stopped Julie from running over Gwen.

Poor Xander, Sarah signed the papers again. Stupid Xander, he missed another sign Sarah is pregnant.
She kept putting her hand on her stomach.

Idiot Rex thought he could be the baby's father.

Was it a clerical error the divorce papers were not processed? Did Sarah not turn them in? Was it a Salem elf?
Or just some flimsy way for Xander and Sarah say goodbye again?

Alex was more annoying than usual today.

The people in Salem need hearing aids so they can hear others whispering about them.

Jack and Jennifer leave Salem, again. How long will they be gone this time?

Back