Days of Our Lives - Fri., Mar. 9, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, March 9, 2018

Wow, sure did laugh out loud several times, some fun stuff. If you are able, don't miss this one! Replay of all the ending scenes from day before. Gabi tries to shove the coat in the dumpster, Lani stops her, tells her to put the items down, step aside. Gabi begins babbling about being framed, Stefan somehow got this into Ari's bag, but Lani notes this is the missing evidence. Gabi wants her to look the other way, let her go, she owes her one after sleeping with her boyfriend, then promises not to ever mention it again if she just forgets she saw her. No dice, down to the station she goes.

Eve is getting things ready in the living room, Sonny enters, learns Brady is getting a license, they are being married. Sonny becomes Mr. Downer, giving Eve all kinds of reasons why Brady could be conning her, but Eve counters them all. Meanwhile, Brady is with Justin, thanking him for getting the red tape cut, so he could get the license, etc. Justin will marry them, yayyy. Justin has to see a client, but will be back at the house in time. He leaves, Paul steps up, having overheard the wedding talk. He is happy for Brady, who invites him to come to the ceremony.

Brady & Paul arrive, Eve is delighted to see the license, Paul goes into the other room, having been alerted by Eve that Sonny is in there. So now, Sonny & Paul talk a bit about weddings, those that did not occur, Paul saying how Sonny junked theirs figuring to do so with Will, Sonny says that did not happen either, shrugging. Now Sonny brings up Paul & Will being stuck in that mausoleum together, must have bonded. Paul admits they did, but who knows what is going to happen now. (awkward conversation).

Meanwhile, the replay of Abby/Gabby reverting into her other alter, telling Stefan he doesn't have to call a doctor, she is one, Dr. Laura. She grabs a pair of glasses, puts them on, sits down primly at a desk, ties her hair back, as Stefan seems to be watching in awe. And now, Dr. Laura explains about the triplets, Abby, Gabby, and Dr. Laura, who is the “gatekeeper”, in control of the other two. Abby, the mousy one, Gabby the feisty one, and Dr. Laura, the smart and non nonsense one. She knows Stefan has a thing for Abby, who has let him know she loves her husband, there is no hope for anything between them. This is why he is using Gabby, who is the one who kissed him, not Abby. (gotta say, lots of explanations, so am hard pressed to remember them all).

Stefan wonders why Gabby killed Andre, and........Dr. Laura says, oh, Gabby did not kill Andre, that was Abby!!!! She makes a joke about the rhyming names (Abby/Gabby) that was done on purpose. So Abby doesn't realize that Gabby exists, but Dr. Laura knows about them both, and now she is going to have a difficult time explaining to Gabby what Stefan did in pulling off that wig. Stefan says to let him do it then, Dr. Laura refuses, now dons a jacket or coat, has to leave now. She departs, giving the glasses for him to hold for her. She goes down to the secret tunnels, emerges wearing Abby's dress. She undoes whatever is holding her hair back, shakes it out, and you can see Abby appear, wondering why she came into this room. Chad arrives, she is surprised, thought he & Kate were going to be at work, he comments that was hours ago. She says she must have lost track of time, but is clearly puzzled.

Eli had come into the Pub, sees JJ, sits down, chats about Lani's scare with the baby. He says he saw her hospital bracelet, works with her, so is concerned. He mentions her being sent out by Trask to arrest Gabi on a tip, thinks she should be on desk duty. Lani comes in, tells Eli Gabi was arrested, he takes off. JJ chats with her, she doesn't like that Eli & JJ were talking about her and the baby. JJ is going to the station to let Gabi know she has support from friends, but Lani talks him out of it, worried that it might come out that Eli is papa to her baby.

Melinda Trask talks with Gabi, who won't say a word til her lawyer gets there, but Trask throws in a few digs. Justin arrives, Trask should not be questioning Gabi, Trask denies, just chatting. She & Justin have an appt with some judge now. They leave.

Chad has learned Gabi is at the station, rushes down. Gabi tells him what happened, she tried to call him. He tells her that before, the case against her was based only on circumstantial evidence, bnt now.....it is concrete. He leaves when Eli arrives, she tells Eli all. He scolds her for not giving the stuff to the cops, her lawyer, etc. when she found it. Promises to do all he can to find out how Stefan got those items into Arianna's bag in her room. Justin returns, bad news, Trask convinced the judge Gabi is a flight risk, her bail is revoked, she has to go into a holding cell. Eli assures her Sonny, Will, and all her friends will make sure Ari is well cared for.

At the Kmansion, Justin arrives, ready to perform the ceremony. Eve comes down, looks just lovely, really! Justin tells the couple where to stand, Sonny & Paul to the side, begins the “We are gathered here”. A scene shift, and now come the vows. He recites the entire vow for Brady, who repeats the “I Brady, take you Eve, as my lawfully wedded wife, to love and cherish.....all the rest”. Now it is Eve's turn. She says “ I, Eve................would not marry you if you were the last man on earth” as she throws the bouquet in his face.

While Brady is reciting his vows, he hesitates at one point.....and in MY mind, I thought it was where you say "for richer or poorer", which he doesn't say. But I could not remember if that phrase was in what Justin recited..........because if it was, that is possibly why Eve changed her mind about wedding him. ?????

By the way, Dr. Laura won't say why Abby killed Andre, despite her devotion for him, but says someone else should have dealt with him, meaning Stefan &/or his mother.

Last edited:
So now we wonder til Monday......Was Eve playing Brady all along? Has she overheard Brady talking to Grandfather? Or did Victor perhaps do as Maggie asked, and tell Eve himself what was going on....and then tried to call Brady to tell him what he did......only Brady ignored the call as he with all the guys, about to get married.

I hope it was Victor that told Eve everything. Brady will be so angry at his grandfather for ruining everything. It will get Brady out and away from Victor permanently. He’s been there far too long and he needs to move out and make a life for himself outside Titan and Kiriakis dealings.

Go back and watch........:)

What is bugging me.......if the split happened AFTER the murder, then WHO was on the video going into the office wearing the coat and black wig? That person came out with the lid to the urn.

Last edited:
Ooh good point Poirot. For the life of me though, why would Abigail have killed Andre? Maybe it was an accident? She was angry at him for firing Gabi, he told her the truth and she went to konk him on the head, but instead she konked too hard? Or maybe Dr Laura here isn't telling the truth?

Melinda Trask: She continues to disgrace the legal profession -- going over the police station to gloat over Gabi's dire situation. And her Judge McRoberts must be a real prize: somebody who makes up for his inability to sentence Salem's in-crowd criminals to prison by nailing those hapless people whom darling Melinda manages to drag in front of him.
Judge.jpg

Judge McRoberts: "Who cares about
sentencing guidelines. I hereby sentence
you to ten years for shoplifting a bag of
Cheetos."

Dr. Laura: She ought to stick around for a while. She seemed articulate and knowledgeable, both of which are rarities in Salem.

Eve: Whatever the reason for her 180 on marrying Brady, she was continuing a fine Salem tradition: sabotaging weddings. Brady should be glad that his comeuppance was only witnessed by Justin, Paul, and Sonny, instead of a whole roomful or church full of people

Lani: How did she manage to make all the way to that alley in time to catch Gabi? Wearing only that thin jacket during early March in the Upper Mid-West should have caused her to run for shelter after a few blocks to avoid hypothermia.

Last edited:
Now that Nicole is no longer on the show, it looks like Gabi is now the show's (to quote the title of 1970's power balled by KISS) "Hard Luck Woman". Hey, I gotta say any week where I can reference a KISS song and The Emperor's New Groove, is a pretty darn good week! :clap:

I saw jokingly suggest somewhere, I'm not sure if it was here or another forum, that Gabi could have tried throwing the evidence in the river, but I honestly think if she done that, something would have just thrown it back at her. *sigh*

I'm holding out hope that today marked a turning point in terms of Gabi's luck since I'm a glass half full kind of guy. Yes indeed, things just gotta start moving up and it's gonna be all rainbows and unicorns for Gabi from here on out, am I right? :) Umm, I said am I right? *crickets*

Before I go on, I gotta ask where the HECK was Rafe? :confused:

Abigail/"Dr. Laura"/the Nameless One: I found myself muttering "Yeah, yeah," and impatiently waiting for them to get back to the part of this story I'm interested in. Even though I know that the "Dr. Laura" persona is based Abigail's grandmother, I couldn't help thinking about the radio psychologist Dr. Laura who was all the rage on the talk-show circuit from the the mid-nineties to the early 2000s before Dr. Phil became the new in thing.

Brady and Eve: Okay, that was kind of a nifty twist and I think if I actually cared about this story, one way or another, I would have gotten a kick out of it. But alas, I don't, so I didn't. So in the wise words of Forrest Gump: "That's all I got to say about that."

I just have to ask one more time, where the HECK was Rafe? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just have to ask one more time, where the HECK was Rafe
Off somewhere crying about Hope no doubt.

I was really hoping Dr. Laura would relate how Abigail killed Andre. I am surprised if she really did. But good point @Poirot, why was Gabby going back in with the urn lid? To set up Gabi? Story is being good. But I feel so bad for Gabi.

I honestly can't tell if Brady truly does love Eve. A lot of the time it seems like it. Especially when she's with Tate. I was very surprised she said no way. I was expecting someone to interrupt the ceremony.

Thanks, Poirot.

OC, I wondered too if Victor told Eve to get Maggie back. Or was it
Sonny's big mouth? Or was Eve playing Brady the whole time?

I'm still not sure if Brady is faking his love for Eve or if he actually
cares for her. The way he talked to Paul about her, I wondered.

I loved the remark Dr Laura said "Abby/Gabby rhyme irresistible"

Poor Gabi, she's back in jail because of what Vivian did. When did
Vivian do it and where? I hope there were cameras somewhere.

Poor Arianna. How long will her mom be gone this time?

Did Trask do the happy dance on the way to see the judge? :)

Back