Days of Our Lives - Fri., March 20, 2020

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yawwwnnn, o.k. did not see entire show, but enough to say, rather boring for a Friday. Kayla comes into Hope's room, pulling Hope out of her reverie, as she cannot believe she did all those terrible things. Kayla keeps telling her it was not her, was the Gina microchip, then tells her how Rolf did the same to Steve, only it was Stefano's memory, personality,"essence. For just coming out of surgery, Hope surprisingly is in full makeup!

Xander questions Nicole outside the elevator, she is not afraid of him, Sarah comes upon them, Xander says arguing about Mickey, mentions getting engaged, Nicole appalled, warns Sarah she has been there, she is making terrible mistake. Later, he gets Nik alone, she tells him all her suspicions, he denies, sort of threatens, she doesn't back down.

Chad is in his trance-like state, talking to Kate, holding the letter opener behind his back. He talks of how she made a deal with his father, (they were sort of being anti-Stefano), she mentions he still has the ring on. then brings up his family, Abby & the kids. This causes him to stop, and he ends up knocking Kate out. In comes Gabi, blathering away in her snotty manner about taking everything from her, she just saved a baby's life, now she is back. He says, good, has big plans for her, she hears Kate moan, rushes over to her, bang, he knocks her out.

Stevano is trying to get Marlena to come to him willingly, she keeps bringing up John, he gets angry. She is in some lovely black evening gown. He is sorry he got mad, but she is never going to see John again. He talks of Maison Blanche, how he was hers then, until the tragedy, she murmurs "fire". Yes, so he did not build that place again in New Orleans, but rebuilt it here, in Salem, for her. She has a headache, he massages her neck a bit, she lays down, falls asleep.

Brady & Kristen are about to go home to make out again, she got word about Chad wanting a meeting, family only, she figures to talk over direction of company. Brady leaves, in comes Nicole, berating Kristen for going to Eric, wanting to hold Mickey, after all she did to him and everyone. Kristen pulls out her pity party excuse, Nicole doesn't buy it, even throws up that Kristen only was able to get pregnant by impersonating Nicole. That sets off Kristen, cat fight, Brady breaks it up, hustles Kristen out. But Nicole is satisfied, she has some strands of Kristen't hair, to go with that cheek swab she has wrapped in a tissue in her purse.

Sarah talks to the baby, all about their wonderful family life, terrific Xander, etc. He comes in, she reassures him, is happy with him, has to go, says to play their wedding with Mickey.

Stevano sits by the sleeping Marlena, clasping her hand. She awakens, he says My Queen. She replies, oh my King, as she gets up. (Earlier, he showed her some cactus plant, blooms once a year from dusk to dawn, name "Queen of the Night") As she walks away with him, that cactus is blooming.

Chad looks at the 2 knocked out women, saying Father, you would be proud. In rushes a very happy Abigail. Surprise. I am back home!

So today I got my Soap Opera Digests for the 16th and 23rd. A day late and a dollar short. But I see now had I got them when I was supposed to, I would have known all about Orpheus. Very frustrating. Also frustrating, special report started on about 10:50. Days comes on here at noon and special report was still going on until 12:30. Everyday! Do they say anything different?? I just don't think daily is necessary. Though where I live I get national update about 11, state update at 3 and city update at 5. Not my state or city. NW Indiana, close to Chicago. Enough already!

I am still not convinced that Hope is Hope. I hope she is but time will tell. So tired of Steve being Stefano. Was Stefano this obsessed with Marlena at the end of Joe Mascolo's run?

So is Chad going to just whisk Abigail up to the bedroom since they haven't seen each other in awhile and to make sure she doesn't see Kate and Gabi?

Nicole did more than make a comment about why Kristen got pregnant. She said maybe that's why you lost the baby because of how you got pregnant. It was SO out of line, and I'd have slapped her too if I were Kristen.

Was Stefano this obsessed with Marlena at the end of Joe Mascolo's run?
Stefano had quit drooling over his Queen of the Night quite some time ago. As the matter of fact, he was going to have his goons toss her out of the castle window to avenge Kristen's "death". He only called off the goons due to Chad's intervention.

Here's a thread about it with snippets of summaries:

http://www.salemspectator.com/threads/stefanos-love-of-marlena-his-queen-of-the-night.33105/

I'm very thankful you were able to get the full show. It sounds dreadful, and the five minutes at the beginning made me turn it off.

I can't believe they think we want to see Brady and Kristen as a happy couple. Either that - or this is leading to the biggest "gotcha" in the history of television.

After the NBC talking heads finally finished telling viewers what they'd just seen, there was about 28 minutes of Days left, which was more than enough.

Marlena: Based on the low-cut dress that Steve-ano provided her, it seems possible that the real object of the faux Phoenix's desires isn't Marlena, it's Elvira the Mistress of the dark.

NIcole: She really ought to rethink her Baby Mickey snooping. Is she so anxious to stick it to Xander and Victor that she'd sentence a helpless child to a lifetime with parents like brainless Brady and creepy Kristen? And she ought to rethink brawling with the DiMera monster. Given her homicidal nature, things could quickly escalate to deadly weapons.

RoboChad: He seems like a poor tool for Steve-ano. His work is impulsive and sloppy. Is stingy Cheap-ano unwilling to hire top professional talent like Sergio and Ricardo as he did in his glory days.

Last edited:
Glad it was not just me........First ....This updating every single day has gone over the top. I am not denying this all is extremely serious, but not only did the president and his experts break in, but governors in various states did the same at later times. Unfortunately, the stations pre-empting are not putting out any information as to if/when they will broadcast whatever show they are pre-empting. As someone noted, today the breaking news lasted around 90 min., maybe more.

That said, I did note that this show. for a Friday, was boring beyond belief. And the reason is just dragging, dragging it all out.

So now, we will have to live with Hope beating herself up because she did all these bad things, which she seems not to accept it was Gina, & no one blames her. Worse, we have Stevano trying to make us believe that Stefano still desires Marlena, wants her to be his. Viewers discount it all, since Stefano had given it up long before he died. And since when would Stefano drug his beloved son, require him to murder people, thus setting him up for life in prison or execution.

And we are to accept that Dr. Frankenrolf is so brilliant, he can get Marlena to "want" Stefano, Chad to kill people, both Hope & Steve be receptors for the personalities of dead people, & that he even was able to put memories, personality traits, etc. onto a stupid microchip.

Thanks, Poirot.

Stevano said he rebuilt Maison Blanche and it's in Salem. Where is it Salem?
In the woods? Why hasn't anyone seen it?

Today Xander looked more like his evil self even with Sarah.

The best part was when Abby came home and said "surprise"

Here's a link about the "queen of the night" cactus. It's an actual plant

https://www.beyondsciencetv.com/201...the-flower-that-only-blooms-one-night-a-year/

Last edited:
Here are a few comments on the preempted first half of yesterday's excitement.

Steve-ano: He thinks a drab, common-looking cactus that blooms one night a year is a romantic gift? What next, power tools and snow tires? And how did he manage to build Maison Blanche II so quickly. Only a few weeks ago he was dead broke and blackmailing Justin to get cash. Is there some company in Salem that slaps up cheap, pre-fab mansions for eccentric billionaires? Finally, it would be a fine joke if the Salem Zoning Board ordered MBII to be torn down because it's too big for its plot or it's located in the wrong type of zoning district.

Hope: She was doing her grief-a-thon routine in the first half of the episode too. Kayla would be doing everyone a favor if she'd give the ex-Princess Gina a good shake and tell her that she lives in Salem, bad stuff happens there, and to get over herself.

Chad: He really thinks that clobbering two hard-headed Salem women over the head is a good start? Both resilient Gabba-Gabba and tough-as-nails Kate are almost sure to revive and foil any of his bumbling attempts to do them in.

Love the comments on the cactus plant. Am guessing some fan wrote them about it, or one of the team ran across it randomly, so bingo. Agree, stupid gift. Glad you noted Maison Blanche seemed to have been built, decorated, furnished,...in such a short time. And gee, no one in Salem ever noticed? Especially those who were at the original Maison Blanche?? Tsk. tsk.

I'm about caught up but haven't watched this episode yet. Does it indicate that an entire Maison Blanche was built or is it maybe just that the inside of it is recreated, like inside the tunnels?

Considering how quickly Maison Blanche II was thrown up, it almost certainly isn't completely finished. Consider the following possible comments from Steve-ano to poor Marlena.

"My Queen, the plumbing isn't connected yet, but for your exclusive use here's a beautiful ceramic chamber pot that's decorated with a hand-painted DiMera family crest."

"My darling Marlena, those fools at the Salem Gas & Electric Company haven't gotten around to hooking us up yet, but we can spend romantic candlelit evenings listing to my Italian opera records on a wind-up Victrola.

"My dearest, the kitchen isn't ready yet, but we can still dine elegantly on take-out Wanchai Ferry from the Pub and a fine bottle of wine."

Last edited:
Back