Days of Our Lives - Fri., May 10, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, May 10, 2019

Eve continues with her snide and underhanded blackmail of Haley. She blathers on about the recording, the fake marriage, Tripp getting in trouble, etc. JJ tries to make objections to no avail. Eve says she will call a press conference, despite it being election day, and that unless Haley comes forward herself and tells the truth about her status, Eve will play the recording.

Nicole sits on a bench as Abe comes along, surprised to see her, hug as he expresses his sympathy. Nicole tears up, he reminds her of all that love her, Holly and are there for support. He offers to take her inside the Pub, where Maggie is about to take a sip of vodka! She had been sitting, grieving, after talking a bit with Melanie, waitress asks if she wants more water, no, a vodka. She contemplated it for a bit, raises it up, but Nicole & Abe walking in has her put it down. She embraces Nicole, Abe goes off, they talk a bit. Maggie figures Nicole will be leaning on Eric for support, but she denies with venom. This is all his fault, I counted on him to be protecting Holly, he let Chloe take her. Holly had no one. Maggie says yes, Brady did. He did not want Chloe to go to Stefan's, tried to talk her out of it. Now Nicole is all apparently surprised, but she starts coughing a bit, takes Maggie's “water”, realizes it is vodka, no Maggie hasn't been drinking, but did order it. Unsure if she would have. Nicole asks if she wants to go to a meeting....no, just home, so Nik offers to take her Maggie gratefully accepts.

Jack is surprised to see Jennifer, that she returned just to vote. Ah, but she came back to vote for Abe.not Jack. They exchange some barbs, Jack ranting because JJ spilled the beans about his indiscretion, he tried to get Kayla to publish a statement. Jen if horrified Jack referred to his rape of Kayla as an incident, he talks of her having forgiven him, Jen gives it back about Jack's wife, and what she has done, along comes Eve who puts down Jen, then takes Jack off to tell him what she did. Claire has come to work, knowing looks are being passed around.

Melinda has come up to Abe, tells him thank you for the position he has taken regarding her sister, has thrown her full support behind him. Abe appreciates it. Jack & Eve grab a mike, call for attention, thank everyone for going out to vote, if they haven't, still time. Haley arrives, Eve, who had hogged the mike, now says they have an announcement, but are going to let Haley Chen ….....Mrs. Dalton...do so. Tripp is puzzled, JJ arrives, Melinda stands next to Abe, Jen wonders what is going on. Haley makes a very nice speech, about coming to this country, which she loves, at 13, kind people, getting education. How she did not know the language, but so many helped her over mistakes she made, she went into a career to give back to the many people who helped her. She comments on how Jack has insisted her marriage was a sham, and admits it is. Not husband's fault, she deceived him, convinced him she loved him. It was not right, everything has been on her, on her alone. She is ready for whatever will come. Cue smirks by Claire, Eve, solemn expression by Melinda.

Eric shows up at Kmansion, looking for Nicole, Brady hasn't seen her. Eric tells how Nicole blames him, Brady denies, says would not have happened if he had not blackmailed her into leaving. He knows Eric loves Nicole, she can lean and depend on him. Eric says she won't even talk to him, he has tried, she left, he knows not where.

Nicole & Maggie have come in, Maggie needs a nap, no sleep last night. She goes upstairs, Nicole into living room. Brady & Eric surprised, she says she is glad to see him, but goes over to Brady, hugs him, says he is only one tried to protect Holly. Eric tries to talk to her, she won't, outside of saying she stayed at Salem Inn (wonder where she gets her changes of clothes, & the $$$ for the room...with no purse!) Eric knows she hates him, he doesn't want anything, just to talk to her. She only wants him to leave........and NOW! Eric goes out, she once again is thanking Brady, who says there were many “of us” who loved Holly, wanting to protect her. Oh, but he was only one......she is hugging him. A voice behind them says.....would appreciate you taking your hands off my wife. .......Xander!

Nicole's anger is killing me. I know she is devastated but.

I was absolutely expecting at the end for Melinda to speak up and say wait! She's my daughter and she is not illegal!! Why she would have lied to her about it all this time would be the million dollar question but still I wanted that!! Knock Eve and Jack for a loop!! And the polls are open til 9!! I think that's late. Usually 6 or 7.

Today was better than the past few days. I'm glad the Haley stuff is drawing to a close. She and Tripp had no chance of making it three years until she got her green card. That whole thing was just silly. She made a nice speech. I'll bet Claire is going to think she's in the clear and then screw it up. I have a feeling that Tripp has already seen enough of Claire's crazy side for them to last long even without Haley in the picture.

The sudden re-appearance of Melinda makes me think she's about to get involved and finally do something with her law degree and connections to help her sister. It's never made sense to me that Melinda couldn't user her position to help Haley avoid deportation. Her scene with Abe was a good one. Maybe they'll make her less of a cartoon villain if she's on as a regular character vs just the occasional appearance as the DA.

I'm beginning to wish Jack had stayed dead. He, Eve, and Claire need to go down. I'm tired of all three of them.

I hope they don't turn Maggie into a drunk.

I wonder if Xander isn't going to use Holly to lure Nicole into bed or something. Gross.

Some things that are puzzling me.....Where did Nicole get the clothes? She had no suitcase, not even a purse, but can get a room at Salem Inn, and the black dress because in mourning. Why is she sitting on a bench outside the Pub, instead of being down at the cop shop, the funeral parlor, the morgue? I mean don't they have to make sure that WAS Holly?
Why the blazes does Jack let Eve lead him around by the nose?
He yammered with Jen over how they are family, share children, grandchildren, but gets down and dirty in the next breath. I absolutely HATE how it is always EVE speaking for him. Is this how he will be mayor, having Eve constantly talk for him. (don't recall a mayor, governor, any politician, who had their wife speak for them all the time) Salemites should not have much confidence in a mayor who constantly hides behind his wife's skirts.
Glad Haley did not let her friends get in trouble, but boy, that smirk on Claire's face (if Tripp, JJ, or anyone was watching besides Eve) sure told the tale. But...no one notices.

Where did Nicole get the clothes?

in a cut scene Gabi offered the entire Spring/Fall collection of Gabi Chic to Nicole, to wear and if anyone asks about what she's wearing she needs to gush about how wonderful, comfortable and affordable Gabi Chic is :sarcasm:

Last edited by a moderator:
A few dos and don'ts for Salemites based on today's episode.

Haley: Don't stick to your Town Square speech. Instead, claim that in the recording Trippy was just placating Claire who's a well-known nut case.

Claire: Don't mess with Melinda Trask. If she doesn't outsmart you, she'll chew you up and spit you out. Also don't claim that you want to be a better person. You wouldn't know how.

Abe: Do call the cops on Jack and Eve. Even in Salem, it has to be illegal to make campaign statements at a polling place.

Jenny: Do tell people not to vote for Jack because he's married to awful Eve. She's makes the mythical Medusa look like a sweetheart.

Nicole: Don't blame sad sack Eric for the supposed death of Holly. He's too easy a target. He blames himself for everything. He probably even blames himself for the assassination of John F. Kennedy. (E.g., Eric: "if only I'd been alive and in Dallas, I could have saved the President's life." :cry::cry::cry: Also, don't ever expect that a depressive unmarried man without a real job and with a drunk-driving homicide conviction on his record is ever going to get custody of an unrelated child.

Maggie: If you're going to order a drink, don't get straight vodka. That's not falling off the wagon, it's falling off a cliff.

I don't see why JJ has not brought up the fact that he & Eve "slept" together. He should've at least told his worthless father.
Jack has been told, and he mentioned it to Eve, who laughed it off as ancient history, quickly changing the subject, as she does with Jack.
However, I wish it got brought up again...

Thanks for the summary.

I, too, and glad the Haley storyline looks set to end. She seemed like a nice girl, but didn't have what it takes to make it in Salem or interest the viewers. I hope that before she leaves, she can at least take down Claire and reveal the truth about her to everyone.

Jack & Eve are despicable. I hope they end up going down too, by Abe, Jennifer, and JJ. I don't care if Jack remembers anything or not, his behavior is reprehensible, and today with Kayla was the last straw for me.

I get that Nicole's in mourning, but her blaming Eric for everything is getting a bit old. So is the idea of Maggie drinking! This is an old storyline, and one that shouldn't be revisited.

I feel bad for Will and Sonny. Hope this tumor thing gets resolved soon enough.

Thanks for the recap. Didn't see it today. Not sure how I feel about anything. I'm very glad Nicole is back, but what a rotten storyline. I really don't understand Jack, at all. He's like a robot. I can't stand Xander. Maggie wanting a drink is a bit bizarre. She's been sober for 30 years, surely could cope better.

Thanks, Poirot.

When Nicole said she stayed at the Salem Inn, I wondered how she paid for it.
Maybe she stopped at the Salem money tree first.

Wow, it was Melinda that erased the video of Tripp and Claire.

Poor Brady and Eric. They both blame themselves for Holly's death.

Nice to see Maggie talked to Melanie about Holly and Abe called Brandon to say
Nicole was alive.

How fast will Agent Smith get to the Horton Square after Haley confessed she
lied to stay in the county?

And who will win the election now after Haley confessed?

Some things that are puzzling me.....Where did Nicole get the clothes? She had no suitcase, not even a purse, but can get a room at Salem Inn, and the black dress because in mourning. Why is she sitting on a bench outside the Pub, instead of being down at the cop shop, the funeral parlor, the morgue? I mean don't they have to make sure that WAS Holly?
And how did Nicole take Maggie home? Does she have a car? Is it a short walk to the mansion??

I was having trouble remembering Abe's connection to Nicole, until he mentioned Brandon. It was nice seeing Abe comfort Nicole.

It was also nice seeing Melinda in a softer tone today. If she stays that way, I wouldn't mind seeing her stick around. I'd like to see her take Eve down and put the fear in Claire.

And how did Nicole take Maggie home? Does she have a car? Is it a short walk to the mansion??
Heck, how did Maggie get TO the Pub...she was at the club, and how did she get there from Kmansion? LOL
Last I remember, Nik was in Nashville...now maybe she had clothes, a car, etc. at that apt. she was in with Xander.....but really....would a landlord just leave that apt. intact with no one paying rent for over 6 mos.? What is Nicole using for $$$$$? Don't care if she drove, flew, took a train......one needs to pay for tickets, fares, gas.......
Also, Eric recently moved into that apartment. How the heck did Nicole know where he was living? And then, all she thought about was Holly, but she doesn't want to see HER the very first thing? I mean, even if she was sleeping? Just to SEE her.
But....no one seems to have a single question, or a why? where? what? How?

Thanks for the summary! You are a brave person for continuing to write up these summaries!

I hope they don't turn Maggie into a drunk.
That would be the end for me!

He yammered with Jen over how they are family, share children, grandchildren, but gets down and dirty in the next breath. I absolutely HATE how it is always EVE speaking for him.
It's like he has a split personality; just makes no sense to me! I truly hate him and Eve together, Eve is just evil! She and Stefan should get together --- and LEAVE Salem!

Jack & Eve are despicable. I hope they end up going down too, by Abe, Jennifer, and JJ. I don't care if Jack remembers anything or not, his behavior is reprehensible, and today with Kayla was the last straw for me.
When he presented that statement to Kayla, I wondered. Then I was so glad she read it out loud AND was cheering when she responded! The idea that she would even entertain signing something that referred to rape as an "unfortunate incident" would have sent me through the TV to wring his neck! (Maybe I exaggerate a bit.) The writers got this one right:clap:Glad to see they can get some things about women right.

I wish JJ had spoken up about the blackmail since he witnessed it firsthand. Something needs to STOP Eve and Jack! And to have him elected mayor would just prove how stupid the people of Salem are being portrayed.

If Nicole is an imposter, they sure did a great job on her plastic surgery - she looks just like Nicole! :rolleyes:

I was actually enjoying JJ and Haley's scene in the hospital room. It was light and fun - nice to have those feelings for a change!

Back