Days of Our Lives - Fri., May. 18, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, May 18, 2018

Chad talks with Gabi about Abigail, says she is going to turn herself in, etc. Gabi knows, Abby was there. They get to talking, Gabi is very bitter, and while Chad explains Abby being sick, the alters, not remembering, etc. Gabi figures that sub-consciously, Abby was still upset over Chad & Gabi getting together when Abby was thought dead. Still jealous, no matter what she says, & Gabi figures that is why Abby slept with Chad's brother. (NBC interrupted the show for about 10-15 min with special report from the school shooting in Texas, so missed some scenes today).

Abby is confronting Stefan, slapping him first, him stopping her from using her fist next. She knows he raped her (her words) and wants to hear it all from him. So, Stefan gives her a rather watered down version, admitting he realized from what he read about her alters, how he fell for Gabby, but it was Gabby who initiated the sex. As he talks, Abby has a couple of flashbacks, remembering Gabby coming on to Stefan, kissing him. She hates Stefan, so this is hard to take in. Chad returns, she is talking about Stefan facing charges, going to jail. Stefan says fine, but if I go to jail, your husband goes with me.

Steve & Kayla sit in the square, he talking to her about resigning from Black Patch despite her urging him not to do so. But his mind is made up, he cannot do surveillance, spot little clues, etc. She asks how he will tell John, but John & Marlena arrive, overhear, and John will not let Steve resign. So, the foursome talk, and seems John has good buddy in ISA, they have been working on Visionary Bionics, have come pretty far, have a working prototype, and Steve could be someone to try it on. They talk back and forth about it, Steve is all for it, if there is the slightest chance he could see his children's faces again, and look into his sweetness's beautiful eyes. O.K. All set, John says he will be able to see John & Marlena get married again. Congrats......John asks Steve to be best man, Steve says yes, but John won't shake on it unless this is O.K. With Kayla. Of course it is, & Marlena is glad, because she wants Kayla as her Maid of Honor. Great.

Victor sits sipping a drink, Xander walks in. Vic gives his usual snide, snarky greeting more or less telling Xander to get lost. Xander doesn't think Vic would want that until he sees what Xander has brought him. And around the corner comes Theresa.......hello Victor. There is a Welcome Home sign on the fireplace, done by a child, Vic explaining to welcome Brady home. But now comes Xander's explanation of finding Theresa south of the border, where he was on business, bringing her back, with her assurance he would be welcomed back in the family. Vic says he already has a gardener, Xander was thinking of something more corporate, goes to the kitchen to get something to eat. Theresa now verifies Xander's tale, explaining how Xander charged less for the diamonds if Mateo threw in Theresa. At some point, Tate has come into the room, and she is all teary, happy, hugging, talking, etc. She says something about the book Tate has, reading it to him, maybe Daddy & I will both read to you, all 3 of us. Vic interrupts, you have to know something about Brady & Eve. Theresa replies she knows all there is to know about them both. She evidently takes Tate back to his room, as Xander comes back, Vic wants to know if he told Theresa anything about Brady & Eve. Nope.

At the hospital, Brady & Eve are all loving, kissing, carrying on. He cannot wait til he gets out, talks about next level for Bella, but she takes his laptop away, he has one more test, stress, and so has to be o.k. More kissing, laughter, teasing, promises of “when we get home”. She has agreed to move in to the Kmansion with him, later he is dressed, more kissing, and they are on their way out of this place.

Steve & Kayla still sit in the square, she is reading some material on the Visionary Bionics. Uh, oh. What?, asks Steve. Visionary Bionics was just purchased by DiMera Enterprises.

Eve is in the park, admiring her ring. Behind her, Xander says “that is some rock, and I know something about diamonds. She is shocked, what are you doing here.

Gabi is trying to use the remote next to her bed, to no avail. She looks angry, mutters that Abby is not the only one responsible for her being in prison. Stefan is also responsible, and when she gets out, she is going to make him pay.

John & Marlena walk in the square, talk of their upcoming nuptials, how happy they are, she mentions the long, happy marriage of Tom & Alice, all the children, grandchildren, but they were always happy in their life together. Too bad they cannot be there to see us get married. John thinks they can. Stops in front of the plaque, deciding that this where we will get married, all our friends and family can be here, along with Tom & Alice as well.

Theresa stands in front of the fireplace, looking at the Welcome Home sign. The door slams, she turns. Brady glances into the room on his way upstairs, stops, come back to the doorway, staring in shock. Theresa says, Hi Brady, I'm back home.

Steve Johnson should thank Steve Austin for being the guinea pig:

18mncjju9xpltjpg.jpg

Visionary Biometrics: How typical of the blundering ISA. The company that they're working with to develop revolutionary vision technology has somehow been purchased by DiMera Enterprises. One of the many DiMera spies embedded in this pathetic organization probably tipped off Stefan Zero or Andre about the new technology.

Victor: He should be more enthusiastic about Xander's return. He may not know it yet, but threats to Titan are right in Salem, right now: sneaky Leo, scheming Kate,and the always-nasty Stefan McSleazy. The mighty X-man could make short work of all of them -- possibly even cramming the whole group into the same overheated crawlspace.

John: Is he wise to want a Town Square wedding? There are all sorts of places for would-be shooters to hide and such a public space is vulnerable to disruption from the press and idiotic Salemites. (Recall how the Will-Sonny nuptials were spoiled by an intrusive reporter.)

Brady: He shouldn't be so proud about his impressive "luv" skills despite the fact that he has "a second-hand ticker." That ticker belonged to Salem's most skilled sexual athlete, the sainted Dr. McScruffy. With his heart, even Harold or Henderson could become the Casanova of Salem.

Re: John and Marlena's wedding in Horton Town Square. I'm hoping for an appearance of the dancing girl, people in non-disguises and that bird-spotting fellow to wander through the wedding as extras in Horton Square. 'Twould be amusing to see glimpses of others, too, like Willow or Summer or Jordan and her cat, several Hernandez family members, even Eugene and Calliope, Bart, Jay Kenneth Johnson (Philip), Peter Reckell (Bo), etc. Now THAT would be a fun wedding. Feel free to add more.

Thanks, Poirot.

Are we supposed to feel sorry for Stefan? The way he pleaded with Abby and
trying to act innocent.

Bummer. The Visionary Bionic company just got bought by DiMera Enterprises
and yesterday Stefan fired Chad. What are the chances he'll help Steve?

I almost needed a tissue when Theresa saw Tater Tot.

I'm sure Xander is going to tell Eve her sister is back in town.

I loved Brady's face when he saw Theresa. Oh no, how could this happen?
She's back and I'm engaged to her sister. It's Salem.

She evidently takes Tate back to his room, as Xander comes back, Vic wants to know if he told Theresa anything about Brady & Eve. Nope.

This statement is why I asked about Xander knowing about Brady and Eve

No, Chloe told Theresa about Brady and Eve hooking up.
I saw that cringe-worthy episode.

Thanks, Poirot.
Bummer. The Visionary Bionic company just got bought by DiMera Enterprises
and yesterday Stefan fired Chad. What are the chances he'll help Steve?

He'll probably try to force either Steve or Kayla into helping him. I wonder if that's going to kick off a paternity switch storyline at the hospital or something if Abby is revealed to be pregnant in a month or so? I doubt Kayla would agree to switching the results, but perhaps he'll trick her or Steve somehow and get access to labs to do it?

How would Xander know about Brady and Eve? Why didn't Victor want to know how Theresa knew about them? That part made no sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Visionary Biometrics: How typical of the blundering ISA.
Same thoughts exactly.

The rest of the episode...........................excuse me I just dozed off for a bit there.
I wonder if that's going to kick off a paternity switch storyline at the hospital or something if Abby is revealed to be pregnant in a month or so? I doubt Kayla would agree to switching the results, but perhaps he'll trick her or Steve somehow and get access to labs to do it?
If they go with this trope and she doesn't abort - I think I'll have to quit the show until a new head writer comes in. I don't trust them to tell an original, compelling story about an unwanted rape pregnancy and I don't want to hear "he's the father of my baby" or "but he's changed" ever again.

How would Xander know about Brady and Eve? Why didn't Victor want to know how Theresa knew about them? That part made no sense.

Because Victor didn't see Jeannie T again after she left with Tate. I bet he will ask her next week.

Speaking of Jeannie T, I'm already over her based on the simple fact that she didn't mention Chloe at all.

I hope Xander is sticking around this time. He's lots of fun and a good villain.

I didn't like the Abby/StefanNo scenes at all. It was almost like they were trying to get you to feel sympathy for him.

Also, can Chad please find some other friends his age??? I don't understand why he was confiding in Gabi when he was told to stay close to Abby.

Back