Days of Our Lives - Fri., May 3, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, May 3rd, 2019

Marlena finds Sarah in Will's hospital room, Rex having taken him for radiation. Sarah tells of confronting Eric with what Marlena told her about Eric having feelings for Sarah, he admitted it was so, they went to tell Rex and before they could say a word, Nicole appeared. Sarah knows Nik is love of Eric's life, would never want to come between them, wants Eric to be happy, and Nicole makes him happy. Marlena surprised Nicole is alive, but Sarah has no details. Sarah figures she will be o.k., always is, will move on. Yep, marry Rex, wouldn't want him hurt the way she was. (this is all drawn out but that is essentially what was said.

Over to Gabi, sitting at the bar in the club......having long, long flashback of Brady talking her into seducing Stefan, then taking him for everything eventually. Fade into her long, long daydream, of being with Stefan, they are married, celebrating anniversary, talking over how they never thought this would happen to them, how addicted to her he is, and more such drivel. He gives her anniv. present, more diamonds, they have toasted, now comes her gift to him, gives him what looks like a tie box. She smiles, it is their paper anniv. So that is what inspired her for this. He opens, takes out some blue paper, yep...divorce papers. He is shocked, what is this. She smiles, is taking him for all he has. Back to the present, Gabi grins, and is off.

Nicole paces, rants about Chloe not protecting Holly, worries about her child being scared, cannot just stand around there, has to go do something. Let's go, she & Eric leave.

Xander is singing Rock a Bye Baby to Holly, later Ted arrives, finds Xander with a drink. Holly asleep, Xander says of course he did not give her alcohol, kid exhausted from playing hide and seek with him all morning. Ted says with the file Xander gave him, he got Hector to claim his men took Holly, will return if they extradite Hector to Mexico. Ted is not happy, as Xander's attitude indicated no intention to return Holly to her mother. Ted says he is out, wants no part of this, but Xander makes veiled threats about losing Hope, blah, blah. Ted leaves, Xander is on phone to someone, everything going as planned.

Earlier, Hope was talking with Rafe, saying Ted got Hector to spill. Rafe doesn't trust Ted, but Hope thinks he is on up and up, has lost a child, just as she has, knows how important, yada, yada. She takes off to let Nicole know what is going on.

Brady arrives at Kmansion, Maggie so happy he is home, (gad I hate when people take forever to say something!). She babbles about something important to tell him, and more idiotic statements, til she finally says Holly was kidnapped. Brady is immediately upset, is going to go see Chloe, but Maggie is still trying to tell him more, taking her sweet time, yada, yada, but we are all saved from it, as Nicole & Eric arrive. Cue shocked Brady, asking of course how this could me, he pulled Eric away from that building, held him down, fire, etc. Of course Nicole doesn't say how she survived, Maggie goes to hug her, wasn't going to believe she was alive til she saw her with her own eyes. More yakking about Holly being taken, and Chloe's failure to protect her, Nicole trusted her.

At DiMansion, Chloe is antsy, decides to go see Hope, see if any info. Stefan is coming, too. No, stay and protect Parker. She leaves. Gabi arrives, gives him a hard time about his interest in Chloe, which he denies. Down to business, she is going over some sort of business plan, he is lost in thought, she figures if he is so distracted, she will take care of it all herself, talk to board, and do it her way. She packs up and is leaving, he stops her, advises he is boss, not her, she works for him, etc. They are at the door, doing the snarky conversation, then kiss, kiss, lust, up to bedroom, she is on bed, he takes off jacket, down on her kissing, but somehow his jacket is back on. Later, both are naked, sheet covered but falling back exhausted, saying Wow! What was that? Don't know.

Chloe at cop shop, Rafe tells about Hector's men having Holly. Also that he doesn't trust Ted, has his reasons. She asks him to keep her in loop...leaves.

Brady takes Nicole aside, apologizes for what he did. Nicole only wants her daughter back. Eric tells her to trust the P.D to do their job.

Maggie is going to update Victor, but takes Brady aside, he should really update Chloe now. He agrees.

Hope is back at the station, telling Rafe it was unreal seeing Nicole. Ted arrives, says he knows where Holly is.

Chloe is back at DiMansion, calling for Stefan, looks around at empty room, seems to go looking for him.

Yeah was definitely not a cliffhanger. I think Gabi can kiss any friendship she still had with Abigail and Chad goodbye when they find out she's sleeping with Stefan.

I would think back from dead would just be pretty matter of fact in Salem. Especially when there wasn't a body.

Not looking like Holly is going to returned quickly. Ugh.

I think Gabi can kiss any friendship she still had with Abigail and Chad goodbye when they find out she's sleeping with Stefan.
Abby agreed not to press charges solely for Arianna's sake. Chad and Abby agreed to put it all behind them and move on. But they weren't on friendly terms with Gabi by the time they left.

Nicole and Brady have much better chemistry. There's a real sense of friendship and acceptance that's missing with all the false high drama of her relationship with Eric.

Gabi and Stefan make no sense, but I have to admit I like their scenes together. They still make more sense than Eric and Sarah, for example.

How to lose friends and alienate people: Nicole deserves sympathy for all her many troubles, but if she keeps ripping into the hapless Chloe, Salemites might just start telling her to put a sock in it. Given the facts of life in Salem, even if Holly had been kept in the vault of the Salem National Bank, she'd have been kidnapped.

Golddigging Salem style: Gabi and Brady actually think that if Gabi married and divorced Zero she'd take him for all that he's worth? They should guess again. Unless McPerv is dumber than he looks, any woman he marries would have to sign a prenuptial agreement, which would limit the exposure of his assets. Even clueless attorney Justin would know this.

Please make it stop: Having already tested the viewers' patience with the awful Rexy-Sarah-Eric triangle, the shameless writers are foisting the absurd Gabi-Stefan show on the audience. Compared to this nonsense, the Fred-the-Elephant plot was scintillating, compelling, well-written drama.

Playtime with Xander: So the X-man was playing hide-and-seek with Holly -- what a comedown. Surely, he would have preferred again playing peekaboo between the sheets with high-and-mighty Sarah.

Last edited:
OH goodness. While I'm glad Nicole is back, the reactions are getting just way too exaggerated to take seriously. We have Jack & Will, who both recently "came back" from the dead, not to mention Dr. Rolf and Kristen themselves. How is this unbelievable, especially considering that no traces at the scene were found of Nicole?

Sarah seemed to put us out of our misery when she decided not to pursue Eric. Unfortunately for us, the audience knows better than to take what she said at face value. Unfortunately for Deidre Hall (Marlena), her character has to be wasted on such sleepy scenes.

Xander/Ted is likely to drag on and bore the audience half to death. The other half will commence when the fallout from Ted ends up affecting Hope & Rafe's relationship for the umpteenth time.

Stefan and Gabi are both ridiculous and missed opportunity, yet somehow have chemistry and intrigue me in a way most other storylines on DOOL can't hope to. Brady's exit from this storyline seems forced and messy.

Thanks, Poirot.

Today they had a picture of Holly on the K mansion mantel.

I laughed when Stefan told Ben on the phone he would be working
at a gas station outside Branson, Missouri if he didn't find Holly.

Brady must not have been thinking when he couldn't believe Nicole
was alive. It's Salem and it happens all the time.

Gabi's daydream was toooooo long.

Compared to this nonsense, the Fred-the-Elephant plot was scintillating, compelling, well-written drama.
And unlike this story, featured the fabulous Melissa Archer/Serena (even if many of her scenes weren't that well-written), some much needed new Salem blood.
While I'm glad Nicole is back, the reactions are getting just way too exaggerated to take seriously. We have Jack & Will, who both recently "came back" from the dead, not to mention Dr. Rolf and Kristen themselves
Not to mention Hope and Marlena, who've been dead a few times each.

I feel like they're not sure what to do with Ted, and they want us to hate him so we feel bad for Rafe/Hope. Not sure though.

I feel you OC.

What strikes me is they bring on a character, intending just a short run, but like what they see, decide to extend the stay, then really ruin it all. They have done it with Rex, with Ted, with Chloe...Theresa,
I am talking only of those whose original stays were intended to be short arcs.....then the actor was asked to extend their stay.

I will say I liked the chemistry (as dear friends chemistry) between Nicole and Brady today. More emotional than the Eric and Nicole reunion scenes in my opinion.

Back