Days of Our Lives Fri., May 31, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, May 31, 2019

Brady on phone with police, when Maggie comes in. He asks where she has been, knowing she was not supposed to go out. He tells her that Sonny told him how Maggie found bottle of booze in his laundry. Maggie at first tries to fake it, but does admit drinking, apologizing for lying to Sonny about Brady. As Brady continues to question her, she talks of being upset about Holly, Nicole blaming her, and Kate, who is seeming to try and come between Maggie & her husband. She tells jerkily, of going to see Kate, who blamed her for Holly's death, and how she went to Nicole's room, only to have Kristen open the door, slam it in her face, then Nicole open it, telling her to go sleep it off. (flashbacks here). Brady is going to see Nicole, tells Maggie to remain in the room, warns her he can no longer cover for her if she takes another drink. She climbs on the bed, nods.

Jack threatens Jen with jail time, down in the tombs, if she doesn't tell him what he wants to know. They argue, he warns her she will be behind bars, not in the fake prison guard uniform. Jen halts the conversation, telling him what he just said is when she donned a fake uniform in order to see him in jail. Now Jack is taken aback, are you saying I was in prison. Yes, for murder, but framed. She says his memories are returning. Well, he doesn't want that, he is happy, he is mayor, has beautiful wife. Jen says he may have no choice. Jack wants to know where JJ is, Jen smiles, doesn't remember. O.K. Will have guard take you to the tombs. He leaves.

Sonny returns to living room with something to eat, Will is gone, he calls out. Will finally comes in, was with Ari, talks of her and being so lucky to have her, then gets maudlin about maybe being punished. Sonny gives pep talk, Will feels better, they watch TV, Will passes out. Next are at hospital, Kayla saying vitals are fine, but will run tests to see what happened.

Kristen spends a while talking to the Nicole mask, going over the bad things Nicole did in the past, such as exposing Chloe to flesh eating bacteria, switching Sami's baby to claim as her own, accusing Jen of pushing her down the stairs. Too bad you got so soft. She goes on and on, drinking champagne, babbling about Brady, then about Eric. Pounding on the door, tis Eric, calling out to Nicole, needs to talk.

Eve is trying to bet Xander to give her the diary, Xander saying no, talking of how someone could make up the item to restore Jack's memory, then you would lose him. Eve though is determined, tells him of Will, the tumor, and gonna die. Xander doesn't care, why should she. But Eve says he is just a bit older than her daughter was, when Ben Weston almost killed him. She wants someone to survive that monster. Xander is not moved, they are going head to head, she is reminding him he doesn't want the commissioner watching his every move, cause she figures he has something big going on, it could be ruined. Jack comes in....uh, oh, what are you doing talking to HIM?

Kayla returns with partial test results. Will's tumor has grown, pushing on other parts of the brain. Will pesters, how long have I got. Kayla hesitant, but says...could be a matter of days.

Xander claims to have just come to congratulate the missus. Is taking his leave, he & Eve say goodbye but use double entendres to do so. With Xander gone, both Eve & Jack talk of not liking him, actually hating him. Eve notes she is really upset about Will.

Xander in his room, pulling things out of his “safe”, leafing thru diary, not going to give it up.

Kristen is trying to avoid Eric and his pounding on the door, tells him go away, (Nicole's voice) but finally opens the door. Eric tells of Rex seeing Xander with Holly's file, he thinks Xander may be trying to alter the file to convince Victor Holly is alive. Nicole (Kristen) laughs at this, impossible, Eric sees the champagne, is told she was toasting Holly, will see her again in the afterlife. She yells at Eric, wants him to leave, (she is wearing the white robe) he is trying to grab her hands, pleading with her to listen to him. Brady is pounding on the door, Nicole/Kristen starts towards it, trips, falls, Eric rushes over to her on the floor, as Brady kicks the door open, and sees them. What have you done?

Jennifer is alone in the interrogation room, smiling over Jack remembering something again. Your memories are beginning to return, Jack, and when you are with me. You cannot stop them, and I am not going to give up.

Eric should learn to take no for an answer. Just because the viewers know it's really Kristen doesn't mean Eric's behavior is acceptable. He should be arrested for assault. He had no right to put his hands on her.

I'm glad Maggie told Brady what she saw even if it's not believable now. I'm sure at some point he's going to have sex with Kristen/Nicole, and surely, since he's had sex with both of them, the writers will turn a light on in his head. A face is one thing, but their bodies would be different. I'm sure this storyline will go through the summer, but I'm ready for it to be over already. I'm having to suspend too much reality to make this work.

It's about time that Jack starts to have more memories return.
Jenny needs to clobber him over the head with that pocketbook a few more times. And it might help if Rafe or Brady gave him a good working over. With all those blows to the head, surely something will shake loose.
Eric should learn to take no for an answer. Just because the viewers know it's really Kristen doesn't mean Eric's behavior is acceptable. .
Eric has become totally and completely pathetic. The old phrase from the Peanuts series, "You need help, Charlie Brown," also applies to him.

Needs help would also apply to crazy Kristen. Her idiotic, convoluted plots never, ever work. If Stefano was still alive, he might be tempted to expel her from the DiMera family on the grounds of incompetence.

As for Maggie, after all that she's been through over the years, it's hardly credible that she'd collapse into a quivering blob of alcohol-saturated jelly over the death of Holly. If the old saying, "When things get tough, the tough get going," applied to anyone in Salem, it would have been Maggie.

Finally, Xander has been engaging in underhanded schemes for so long it seems that he can't help himself. Now that he has his big shot Titan executive position, why is he wasting time consorting with the nobodies like Jack and Eve and hanging on to the Rolf diary?

Dr. "I have only a partial results of your tests"
Patient "Oh dear, you look sad, How long do I have?"
Dr. "a couple of days"

ONLY in Salem....
followed by.... Patient on death bed when
Scientist reports brown lizard gizzard serum will cure this disease....

Two days later happy and sunshine abound.....

Thank you for the summary

Thanks, Poirot.

Kristen needs to watch herself. Someone might see her talking to
Nicole's face.

How many hits in the head will it take to have Jack remember his
old life?

What's wrong Eric? He's not acting like himself at all.

Will shouldn't worry about having only a few days left. The days in
Salem last for weeks :)

Eric is the biggest waste of a story. Why would any woman be interested in him? He should go back to being a priest. He smiled more doing the Lord's work. His sad sack approach to male and female interaction is unpleasant. He used to find the good in people and help them better themselves. Now he mopes and snarls and lashes out.

Give it up. Let him go off canvas for awhile and then come back as a priest. Ever see the movies "The Cardinal" or "The Thorn Birds"? I'm telling you it would be nice to have a man with moral compass.

Give it up. Let him go off canvas for awhile and then come back as a priest. Ever see the movies "The Cardinal" or "The Thorn Birds"? I'm telling you it would be nice to have a man with moral compass.

Or let him go off the canvas for quite awhile and comeback as Jensen Ackles (old Eric) after Supernatural ends!

It shows how we all view actors/characters differently. To me, Greg Vaughan is Eric, has made the role his own. One cannot fault an actor, because the writing keeps him in a nearly constant state of depressing gloom. They did the same with Nicole, for years. Ari Zucker is really enjoying the change....portraying Kristen pretending to be Nicole, which gives her something different than the constant tears.

Same goes for Greg's Eric. Give him something to smile about, to be happy about. I like him, and do agree that when he was a priest, he seemed more content. Currently, he found himself developing feelings for his brother's fiancee', and while trying to resist, she won't let him. The love of his life died, horribly. He was forced to not keep his promise to raise and protect Holly, who then is killed. His mother was shot on her wedding day nearly dying, his nephew is dying of a brain tumor, his cousin living with an ex-serial killer, whose mental stability is dependent on his meds, and soon he will learn of Claire's attempt to kill Ciara. Quite a bit on his plate......but then it seems every Salem resident has their plate full as well.

Actually, to me, there is just too much misery. The writers' think that having Julie & Doug celebrate an anniv. for 2 minutes, and dance for 30 seconds is "happy" time to pacify the viewers.....nope, that doesn't cut it.

I don't think it's Greg Vaughan's fault for Eric's misery. It once again is poor, poor, writing.

Personally I would write to Ken Corday to complain but I doubt my letter would see the light of day. He picks writers who apparently lie to his face about these great stories and do not follow through leaving the viewers dissatisfied with stories 6+ months out.

Beyond depressing for the fans.

Yes, and it's too bad it is that rare. When he does smile or laugh, I enjoy watching him. I could even take his sadness in small doses but the writers have overdone it to a whole new level. They seem to make a habit of picking one character trait for an individual and carrying it to such an extreme, there is no real personality left--just one note.

Back