Days of Our Lives - Fri., May 4, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, May 4, 2018

In Mexico City, Chloe turns around to find Theresa coming in the door, it seems she sort of snuck in there. She tells Chloe the sordid details of why she left with drug lord Mateo, to save her family from being killed. That includes Brady. She was unable to get the goods on Mateo, Shane & Victor both know about her being there, but she hasn't been able to leave. And now Mateo wants Chloe.

Eve is in Brady's room, calling him a drunk & liar, etc. Marlena comes in with Brady's toxicology results, Kayla had given them to her. No alcohol in his blood, but a trace of some unidentified chemical. Eve shocked no alcohol, but hocks onto the chemical, calling him addict, etc. etc.

Chad is facing off with Dr. Laura, wanting his wife back, she is giving him all the excuses about keeping Abigail safe. He gets upset, wants his wife, Marlena comes in, takes him out, talks calmly, convincing him that he needs to talk to his wife, not Dr. Laura. Tenderly, lovingly, etc. Chad realizes she is right, talk as her husband, the father of her son.

While this is going on, Abigail has been attempting to come out, but suddenly, as she is trying to call Laura to let her out, Ben appears, claiming he has always been there, in her mind. (very good scenes). He is close up and personal as he goes on and on about Abby being mentally ill, just like him, that he still loves her, she is just like him, accept it.

Lucas goes to see Kate, who tells him what happened to her, Viv & Marlena, because of Abby, her illness. Lucas tells her Chloe left, shows Kate the letter, and Kate, of course, immediately is in the “I told you so” mode. Lucas defends Chloe, seems to storm out to find what the heck is going on.

Maggie went to see Claire & Ciara, got Claire to admit it was her that cheated to win the contest. Claire goes to see Brady & Eve, confesses all to them, and goes back to the loft. Maggie has talked to Ciara about how she got her revenge, but lost her best friend. (I do have a feeling scenes were cut out of this scenario). Claire returns, tells of convincing Eve, admitting all. Maggie's work is done, she leaves. Claire figures Ciara must be happy, she won, Everyone knows, Bella is putting out a press release saying Claire cheated, so end of singing career, etc. Everyone will hate her. But Ciara doesn't think so, she thinks Bella can blame a technical error, she will talk to Eve. Claire is grateful, Ciara notes they ARE family.

Kate really badgers Lucas about going after Chloe, she will break his heart, he doesn't need her, he has his job, his two kids, his sobriety, yada, yada. She doesn't want him trying to find Chloe, bring her back.

In Brady's room, Claire is gone, Brady pleads with Eve. He talks of not wanting to be involved ever again, had more than his share of loving and getting his heart broken, which is only reason he agreed to work with Vic. But Eve snuck up on him, he fell in love, and he has not lied to her, please give him another chance.

Theresa is really pestering Chloe for news about Brady, Tate. She talks of Brady falling off the wagon but being sober. Chloe slowly tells her about Brady taking up with Nicole, her leaving and breaking his heart. Theresa not happy about that and then him falling off the wagon. Chloe is reluctant to part with any other info, evades, Theresa is insistent, Chloe admits Brady is not alone, has someone else now. Theresa wants to know, Chloe tries not to divulge, but finally spills the beans. It is your sister. Theresa is shocked...my sister????

Chad has come back in with Dr. Laura, who has nothing more to say to him. But he doesn't want to talk to her, he wants to talk to his wife, and he begins a barrage of statements to Abby, he loves her, they have been through a lot, she is most beautiful, interesting woman, come back to me, Abby, come back. Inside Abby's head, Ben is still insisting he & Abby belong together, they are both the same, he loves her for who she is. Chad's voice is coming in. Ben is trying to kiss Abby, who suddenly pushes him away, she will never be with him, she runs out the door, into the light beyond.

Meanwhile, Laura is experiencing a bit of a headache, trying to stave it off. Chad is still talking desperately, kneeling in front of her, as she sits down. And then, you can see the change. She becomes still, looks at Chad, asks if that is really him. He calls her name, she takes off the glasses, they happily embrace, laughing, smiling, just holding each other.

Well, we did have Claire confessing to having rigged the Bella contest, and Ciara sort of not gloating, and offering to help Claire escape repercussions. And of course, the same ol with Brady & Eve. However, was interesting how they had a Brady/Eve scene, immediately following a Chloe/Theresa scene.

It was a good episode, more progress! Leave it to Chloe to spill the beans on everybody in town. Seems like Theresa had expected Chloe's visit to Mexico. At first I thought Chloe was being forced to perform opera daily, not Mateo's newest sex slave!

Ben showing up out of the blue caught me off guard. Makes sense that it was symbolic for the ending of the show and the return of Abby's persona.

Yeah, when Kate said he had his kids back....HUH? Is Allie now in Salem, and we don't know?? And to tell the truth, I wish there was some way to have Johnny rightfully belong to Lucas. EJ "fixed" the DNA testing, Nick did it, etc.

Then Julie can eat some humble pie as all the nasty that Nick did can come tumbling out in front of her. and Sami can admit that the man she married was a real scumbag, and manipulated her big time.

I know it was kind of cheesy, but I really liked the moment when Abby broke through and Chad realized it was her. That's the stuff classic supercouples used to experience.

I also liked how throughout the DID storyline, they showed Abby locked in a room with a phone that wouldn't work as the means of showing the internal struggle in her head.

Mateo: How is this guy still around to torment Chloe and Jeannie T.? Even that media favorite, drug kingpin El Chapo, has ended up in prison. (According to Wikipedia of the top 37 Mexican drug lords who were operating in 2009, only four have escaped death or prison.)

"Dr." Ben: He had a novel message for Abigail: "Embrace the insanity," the direct opposite of the old weight-loss ad campaign slogan: "Stop the insanity."

Lucas: He might have had better luck convincing Kate that Chloe had changed her cheating ways if Sami hadn't ruined the personal improvement mantra by babbling incessantly about how EJ had "changed."

Claire: She probably shouldn't worry too much about her reputation taking a hit for cheating in the Bella contest. Soon enough, the contest will probably be flushed down the Salem memory hole as Jeannie T. reappears to battle Eve for Brady's affections and everyone rejoices as Gabi returns from prison.

37 Mexican drug lords who were operating in 2009, only four have escaped death or prison
¡Viva El Fideo! LOL - Seriously though - on Days, Mexico is like 15 blocks by 20 blocks, so Mateo probably consolidated his power more than any other real drug lord ever could.

Claire is showing more penitence for rigging a lame contest for a third-rate trash rag than her granny did for murdering a man and framing his son.

The Maggie/Lucas scenes were nice. Nice to see Jeannie T again. Everything else...blah. Even though the acting was good in the Ben/Abby scenes, the story is still garbage.

I know it was kind of cheesy, but I really liked the moment when Abby broke through and Chad realized it was her. That's the stuff classic supercouples used to experience.

I also liked how throughout the DID storyline, they showed Abby locked in a room with a phone that wouldn't work as the means of showing the internal struggle in her head.
I liked it too JS.

I did think that Lucas is so concerned with Chloe but showed very little concern about his niece Abigail or his sister Jennifer. He could have at least shown a little concern, maybe call Jen to see what's going on. It bothers me that they only show the closeness of family when it suits the storyline. Even if they didn't show scenes but the last few seconds of a phone call.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Poirot.

I enjoyed seeing Ben in Abby's head today. I wonder who else is there?

Chloe can't keep secrets, can she? Theresa knows Brady dated Nicole and
now her sister. Theresa seemed upset Brady didn't wait long to date
after she left.

Anyone else wonder how many women Mateo has in his harem? And does
Mateo expect Chloe to do more than singing?

Does Salem have a transporter? Marlena and Claire got around Salem fast today.

Great ending with Chad and Abby.

I feel like some Marlena stuff was cut. Perhaps with Claire? Or Brady? And I agree the teen stuff seemed choppy and cut. Maggie played the part of Tripp today as the person parenting Claire and Ciara. Maybe Hope will get to do it next.

I didn't really understand why Ben was in Abby's head today but he's always fun to look at.

Great ending with Chad and Abby

Why, oh why does Lucas keep going to Kate with his problems? You'd think he'd know better by now.

Hairdos caught my attention today. I liked Maggie's and Ciara's. Theresa and Chloe (especially Theresa) had me so distracted by constantly pushing their hair out of their faces, I could barely pay attention to what they were saying. Chloe's hair looked like it was curled more during the last two scenes. Then there is Eve. I was so hoping she'd keep her hair short. I thought she looked really good that way. To my disappointment, she's letting it grow out, as I was almost certain she would.

I haven't cared much for the alternate personality story but found it more tolerable without Gabby in it. I did enjoy watching Abigail find her way out of her "prison" and back to Chad. Ben continues to be a creepy, scary fellow.

Theresa and Chloe (especially Theresa) had me so distracted by constantly pushing their hair out of their faces, I could barely pay attention to what they were saying.
It drives me nuts when actresses do that. On B&B there was a character who had long side bangs and she was always pushing them out of her face. I used to see people online referring to her as "the hair-flipping twit".

When I was a kid, the main lady on a TV show did that often and my best friend's grandma used to yell at the TV, "buy her some bobby pins!"

Ahh, interesting, watching the show on my DVR. The show started after the half hour break, instead of the 2nd half of the show. Then Days restarted.

My neighbor has Dish and it happened. I have Cox and it happened to me.

Noel - did you get a complete show??
The same thing happened to me (Cox provider) and I thought maybe I dozed off and was dreaming :rotfl:, so I'm thankful that I could read what happened the last half of the show.

I found it odd that Marlena came in and gave Brady the results of his toxicology report and not Kayla.

Kate and Chad's relationship is more like mother/son than Kate and Lucas'. All Kate does with Lucas is criticize him for what he's doing/not doing, for who he's with/not with, etc. They are very co-dependent with each other and maybe one of these times when Lucas says he's done with her he really means it!

I am glad Theresa is back. So far the little bit I got to see of her yesterday (show played the first half went to a commercial and replayed the first half all over again!) it seems that she may have done growing up but time will tell.

Back