Days of Our Lives - Fri., May 5, 2017

I don't really see any problem with Rafe being present for the big Wyatt interview, although I thought it was a bit premature considering that they've only just started seeing each other. Hope, Rafe, Roman, and anyone else who cares to be involved might want to wait until things get really serious or the couple announces an engagement. That said, I'd like to see the reaction of Wyatt's parents when they learn that their son is dating Ciara.

Mom: Dear, Wyatt's seeing that Ciara Brady, the daughter of the woman cop who went to jail.

Dad: Wasn't she the one who was involved with the crazy Aiden Jennings and went to jail for mugging a whole bunch of men? And wasn't she working with that baby broker, Dr. Richard Baker?

Mom: Yes, and didn't she once try to burn her husband alive with gasoline?

Dad: OMG, yes. I remember that. And wasn't her husband the cop who committed more felonies than the crooks he was supposed to catch?

Mom: Yep. It was Bo Brady the criminal. I think Wyatt should be careful before he gets involved with this family. I think we should have a little talk with him.

Last edited:
Mom: Remember her niece, Samantha Brady? She shot and killed that dirty cop, Bernardi. And her nephew, Eric Brady, killed St. Daniel Jonas.

Dad: Great, more criminals in the family.

Mom: And her cousin was addicted to drugs. Then her younger cousin set her former fiance' on fire, was institutionalized, broke out and faked her own death.

Dad: :eek:

Wyatt's parents have another talk.

Dad: Dear, I've asked around and just learned that Ciara's mother, Hope Brady, is involved with Detective Rafael Hernandez, the washed-up FBI agent.

Mom: Isn't he the one who was once married to the awful Sami Brady? He must not have very good judgment.

Dad: He sure doesn't. He also had affairs with that conniving, immoral Kate Roberts and the daughter of that sleazy crook Clyde Weston.

Mom: Isn't he the son of that Eduardo Hernandez, the retired assassin who just went to jail?

Dad: He sure is. He's also the brother of that thug who runs TBD, Dario, and the brother of the batty woman who murdered Nicholas Fallon the science genius.

Mom: Dear, I think that we should have that talk with Wyatt right away.

..., although I thought it was a bit premature considering that they've only just started seeing each other.

While it's true that Rafe and Hope have only been having sex for a few months, they have known each other and worked together for many years. Rafe was Ciara's pal and confident when she was younger. He was Bo's co-worker and, at least, a casual friend. Rafe loved Hope from afar while she got involved with, and married, Aiden. He was decent enough to step aside when Aiden was in Hope's life. When Bo returns, I think Rafe will step aside, yet again. I just don't get where people are getting the idea that Rafe and Hope don't know each other, and that their relationship was forced and "crammed down the throats" of the viewers.

Yes, JS, that's what I meant. Hope and Rafe getting all involved after a college-age couple has only had a few dates sounded like the extreme helicopter parenting practiced by Jenny. That said, Wyatt's parents have now done some more checking.

Dad: I've asked around about Ciara Brady and am a bit disturbed by what I discovered.

Mom: What about her?

Dad: She was twelve only a short time ago. Somehow, she skipped most of her teen years. That's certainly weird. She also has a taste for expensive jewelry and once blackmailed Sami Brady into buying a whole bunch of stuff for her at Baron's. She also runs with a sketchy crowd.

Mom: Who?

Dad: That awful YouTube screecher, bratty Claire Brady and Little Joey Johnson, the son of wild man Steve Johnson. He's the kid who vandalized a judge's car and was part of some gang in California. The only decent friend she seems to have is Theo Carver, the mayor's son.

Mom: That does it. I'm talking to Wyatt today. We have to protect our boy from these awful Salem girls. I knew we should have sent him to Purdue, Notre Dame, Northwestern, or the University of Illinois.

Ciara has not been living in that apt. very long, and, she DID meet Wyatt online. She & her mom were always close, just surprising that by the 2nd or 3rd time she saw Wyatt, she wasn't making sure Mom could at least get a look, see.

i.e. Why not tell her mom to drop by the Pub for a few minutes, she can meet Wyatt, Yes, when you get to be out of high school. mom/dad don't get to meet a guy right away. I know that.

And I can tell you right now, bugs me no end that none of those roomies ever talk about having to go to class, study for exams, etc. except Theo. They sure do have all the time in the world to run around, have sex, date, meet music people, check facebook pages, twitter, etc. No one cooks, does dishes, shops for groceries, or even makes a sandwich. LOL

Since you quoted the part of DBF's post about only starting to see each other, seemed like you thought he was talking about Rafe and Hope. Thanks for the clarification, KL!
although I thought it was a bit premature considering that they've only just started seeing each other.

Ciara doesn't have "parents" now; she has A parent. Her remaining parent is heavily involved with someone who, by the way, has "been there" for Ciara many times over the years. I don't see anything wrong with Rafe's being there. If Ciara had a problem with it, she could have told Hope she wanted to speak to her privately. I don't think Rafe has ever tried to be Ciara's parent.

To me, this seems to be too much "sweating the small stuff" mostly from people who don't like this pairing. Rafe and Hope have known each other for many years, so the "writers didn't give them time to get acquainted before making them a couple," doesn't fly here, either. There was no reason for Shawn to be there, especially since he lives out of the country. Shawn and Belle are GONE, until someone in authority on the show decides to let them grace Salem with their presence once again.

I daresay that most of us could dissect the show and talk about what "was" or "should be" but it won't get us anywhere and, for me, it only distracts from the enjoyment of the show.

Unfortunately, that's one of the problems with recasting. This is just like the comments that Chad doesn't have the chemistry with Abigail that he used to have with the former Abigail. It's just something we have to deal with.

The conversation that Rafe and Hope had before Ciara came to the Pub was one that parents would have. Regardless of what Rafe and Hope's relationship is, Hope is still the one who is Ciara's parent and should have been the one leading the discussion with Wyatt. If Rafe wanted to be there as a second opinion, fine. But that's not what played out when I watched the episode. The topic of discussion here is whether Rafe should have been there or not. There was nothing mentioned about Rafe and Hope's relationship until some said that it was about Rafe and Hope as a couple or how posters here feel about them as a couple.

And there actually have been scenes with Rafe and Ciara over the last year WHILE Shawn was in Salem where Shawn would have been the more appropriate person to involve since he is her brother. When Hope was in jail, she should have asked Shawn to look after Ciara, not Rafe. So if there is a missed story opportunity for Shawn or any other character for that matter, then posters should feel free to discuss it. It's no different than the posts about wishing Jack or Bo were still alive and involved in current story. If there is any chance of folks from the show lurking here, then this is our opportunity to give candid feedback about what we watch on a daily basis.

To JS' point, lack of scenes between Rafe and teen Ciara have nothing to do with recasting. It's strictly a writing issue. The relationship between the characters hasn't really changed.

I am among the other posters who have mentioned Hope and Rafe's relationship in this discussion. But only because I feel that no matter what they do, these two characters can't do anything right when they're together. I don't mean to offense anyone, or to imply that we cannot discuss a matter. I have never done that. And I believe I have shared my opinion in a polite and correct manner. And I will again today.

It seems to me that whenever Hope and Rafe are on canvas, they are scrutinized much more than other characters who, frankly, are much worse. I mean, Hope has been judged so harshly for killing Stefano. While Stefano has done so many despicable things in the past. Seriously, he was horrible, and anyone would have snapped like Hope did. And the way it was played on screen, he did want Hope to shoot him. I'm not justifying killing someone, mind you. I just think the reaction is way over the top when it comes to Hope. And Rafe. I mean, in the past, Marlena rendered Stefano paralyzed (or something to that effect) and he was off screen for a long time after that. I don't remember such harsh judgments towards Marlena.

But to get back on topic, I still say that we have to take it for granted that Hope wanted Rafe to be there to meet Wyatt. Because she loves him, she values his opinion. Hope was the one who wanted Rafe to look after Ciara while she was in jail, because, again, she loves him and trusts him. With good reason. As for Shawn, he is Ciara's brother. I would say it is not his place to act like a father. He should be there like a brother, to supporte Ciara. That is his role. But this is a moot point, anyway, since Shawn is not on screen.

So, again, I just think that Hope and Rafe, for some reason, have a bad rap here, and I don't think it's fair.

Back