Days of Our Lives - Fri. May 6, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, May 6, 2016

Hope comes home to find several different romantic notes (plus a necklace gift) from Rafe, directing her to his home for a romantic dinner. At his house, he is preparing a meal, Mami has some conversation, he lets her know she has to be gone from the house tonight. She teases him a bit, but notes he forgot to turn the oven on, and offers to fix the meal for him. He is setting the table, lighting candles, etc. Mami leaves, Hope arrives, they have dinner, some super huge drinks afterwards, using straws. They are having a wonderful, romantic time, head up to his bedroom, make out on the bed, mostly kissing, until he gets a text from Gabi that she has to come pick up Ari's bunny. This ends their romantic evening, he walks her home. These scenes are interspersed thru out the show.

Don't know how it got to be evening so fast, when they just had lunch yesterday, but Gabi & JJ are in the square, she is telling him her dad texted her he was sorry for causing a problem at lunch for them. She talks of Dario being so nasty, that she & Rafe are trying to give their dad a chance, but Dario is holding on to so much anger. JJ talks of being so angry at his dad at one time, but he got over it. Hopefully Dario will as well, Mami comes along, sits with Gabi, plays with Ari, JJ goes for coffee for them all. Mami notes that Ari doesn't seem to feel good, seems warm, Gabi sees this as well, JJ is back. Gabi thinks she might be coming down with a cold, but Mami talks her into taking Ari to the hospital. JJ goes along.

At the hospital, Gabi is about to leave to go get Ari's bunny, nurse comes out, says they are testing her for flu, there is a strain that they seem to have several patients coming in with it. Gabi cannot imagine where Ari could have picked it up, JJ mentions a friend told him that Paul Narita is there with this flu. This gives Gabi pause....Paul has this same flu. What is going on? And JJ has touched her face, she is burning up, he goes to get the doctor to look at Gabi.

Dario is checking Clark's dead body, asking Summer what happened, she flashes back to it all, then tells him. From their conversation, it is obvious the 3 of them worked cons together at one time. He says she must have really pushed him hard, to have him hit the table like that, sends her out to find a laundry cart. He pulls the top sheet from the bed, puts it over Clark, she has come with a cart, Clark is in it, covered with the sheet. He is going to put him in her car, she moans small trunk, he says he has to be gotten out of here, takes her keys and goes, telling her to clean up the room. Make up the bed. She scrubs blood from the floor, pulls the rug over the area, knock, knock, it is Brady. Uh, oh.

Theresa is waiting as Brady comes home, both talking of not wanting to fight any more, etc. etc. He brought her chocolates, they kiss and make up, then begin talking of their wedding. He was going to ask Daniel to be Best Man, so now, is not sure, but asks her to have Belle in the wedding party. Of course, and then she will have Anne. She says she knows Maggie & victor will be invited, but please not Summer. Yep, another argument, during which Jeannie T. lets slip that she went to see Summer. This ticks Brady off again, he leaves to "go fix this".

And so, Brady shows up at Summer' most inconveniently, comes in, he asks about the bed, she claims she took a nap. Dario bursts in saying "all done", cue the questions, and guilty looks, but he covers, saying he was helping load her car with things, she is moving. Brady thinks Summer should have called him, but she claims she called Dario because they are seeing each other. Brady understands, leaves. Dario tells her they now have to get a couple of shovels. Summer says no time to dig graves, Maggie is expecting her, but Dario is not going to do her dirty work himself. He grabs her hand, they go flying out the door.

Anne comes to visit Theresa, who tells her about Summer, the money, etc. Smart Anne figures the con artist has probably assumed another identity. She is gone when Brady comes home, Theresa asking if he saw Summer....or should she say Cindi. Seems she found that Summer used the name or is really Cindi Callahan. Brady is stunned, but not surprised being Summer's former line of work perhaps had her doing that. Theresa figures if she lied about that, what else has she been up to that we don't know about.

About half way thru the show, we see a male figure enter Hope's house. And now, at the end of the show, Rafe has walked her home, good night kissing at the door, they will be doing this evening again, see you at work tomorrow. He tells her to lock up good, she smiles, says I'm a cop, closes the door, goes upstairs and changes clothes. The male figure appears for a minute downstairs. (and do not ask me why he is hiding away). Hope comes downstairs, grabs her phone, gets a text from Ciara, which says she is at Club TBD. Hope is smiling, doesn't notice the male figure come into the room. He says "Hope". She turns, drops the phone, saying "NO".

Last edited:
Yes, Hope might think that she's now like Abby, always seeing the guy who once tried to kill her. The Aiden return is preposterous, but if it puts and end to the unwelcome Hope-Rafe romance, it might be worth it. Speaking of welcome events, it was good to see Anne again. With her on the job, psycho Cindi/Summer doesn't have a chance. As for the beach girl grifter, it might have been interesting if she was familiar with the work of Salem's best bodysnatcher, Max Brady, and had said to Dario: "Go out in the hall and find me a water heater." Finally, it might have been interesting if Rafe had responded to Mami's comment about "no secretos" by saying: "Si, Mami, no secretos, Hope es una asesina. Ella asesino Stefano DiMera."

Weird show today. Not just because it really was all over the place, but we were interrupted because the weather man saw clouds to the west of us. I mean really??

Then a little later we were interrupted because there was a house fire, and sadly a man died. But really, this couldn't wait till the evening news????

So we are now back and Rafe is reading sticky notes, the up to the bedroom, where I mean really????? Who makes out on a bed with their shoes on??? Their spike heels no less??? Come on, that's just in horrible taste.

But who knows what happened next because, back to the house fire, where now their helicopter is above showing us what a house on fire looks like, in case we were so confused that we wore our spike high heels while making out on a bed. And after the show we got to see that the line of clouds is coming closer. (dun dun dunnnnnnnn)

Thank you for the summary, it helped.

Say what you will about Dario, but the man knows his etiquette when it comes to body disposal. He was full of helpful nuggets of things I was unaware of, like the body goes into the car trunk of the person who did the killing regardless of whether it was an accident or not. I don't know about about anybody else, but I wrote that one down and locked it away for future reference. I mean it never hurts to be prepared just in case, right?

Gabi and JJ: I was just glad to see them two days in a row. I kind of chuckled that since both girls who play Arianna are usually as quiet as church mice but today we saw her playing with a stuffed animal and being a little vocal and everybody was like: "Oh no, Ari doesn't seem to be feeling well." LOL.

Interesting to learn Rafe owns the house. It's good his mother came by
to tell him to turn the oven on. I guess he used the microwave a lot when
he was alone.

Nice seeing Anne today. It's been too long. I enjoyed her line about "I hate
Jennifer Horton" and getting 16,000 hits.

Did JJ say his friend who know about Paul works at the hospital? Shame on
them for talking to someone about patient
:tsk:

Does the Brady house have two staircases or is Hope staying in a room
downstairs? Hope went into the dining room and came out later wearing
something different.

I was happily surprised to see Anne back, even though it was for the Summer story. I liked her line about the internet being your second best friend to Theresa.

Dario is so upstanding, helping to hide a dead body!

I have to say I am enjoying Mami Hernandez, in my opinion she is currently the most motherly type in Salem at the moment.

OK I have watched today's show twice. When in the world did Hope make and put those notes under the plates??
Maybe she went to the bathroom, wrote the notes, stashed them in her purse and waited for Rafe to look the other way so she could hide them under the plates? :rolleyes:

What I thought was a little tacky was Rafe playfully throwing the notes in the air, before grabbing Hope into a kiss. Did he intend to pick up the notes before his family came home? I think it would be embarrassing to both Rafe and Hope for someone in the family to find notes that said "show me your bedroom" in the back yard.

Their scenes just seemed so forced and acted. Kudos to both actors for trying, but in my opinion the chemistry just isn't there. Loved their convo about his family moving in etc, seemed like two great friends having fun complaining to each other. I want to like them, want to enjoy romantic scenes, just am not feeling it.

Back