Days of our Lives-Fri., Nov. 5, 2021

LisaK you mean when you go to to the doctor for anything YOU don't have the Chief of Staff as your OB/GYN, or your Gastroenterologist. or your ER/Trauma or Cardiologist?
Girl you are going to the wrong type of hospital......
Haha - so I had to comment here. Our CMO (Chief Medical Officer) and our Chief of staff at my hospital are both OB/GYNs, altho am pretty sure the CMO just does the GYN thing now

Good points, all! Taking a second look at the Jack/Gwen/Abby/Chad debacle, I can see things a bit differently. No one in this group has any business acting like they have never done anything wrong. They have all done some pretty awful things and were forgiven but they can't seem to remember that.

I think I'd like it if Gwen sued the hospital and used her payout to start her own empire. Maybe a medical business that has more than one doctor. Or she could back a law firm that protects suspects from sitting in that office forever.Or maybe a bakery that has a front door that opens and allows people to go inside.
Meanwhile, now that Xander has learned that Jack has disowned Gwen, he ought to rush right back to Trask and demand his million dollars back or else he'll go to go to Rafe and out her as a blackmailer. As a little incentive, he ought to remind the bent prosecutor that she might have a tough time explaining bow she came into $1 million in cash and also raise the awful possibility that she could end up incarcerated with a lot of angry women whom she has put in prison.

Even if Xander DOES manage to get the money back, isn't EJ going to come after him to get it back again, or does it really belong to Xander now?

I figure it’s really Xander’s. EJ was supposed to get the charges dropped for Xander to give him the cash I think. Since that didn’t happen EJ can’t really hold anything over him now.

And not that what Gwen did wasn’t bad, but it all started because Laura kept Gwen away from her father by lying. Childhood Gwen was a victim of terrible circumstances. I fail to see how her misdeeds are so much worse than Abby’s to make what Abby is doing okay.

And Laura is dead now, while in an argument with Gwen. And Gwen drugged Abby, causing her to eventually be committed to Bayview, because of her actions caused by the drug. The blaming of her miscarriage on Abby, leading to Abby's guilt feelings, Chad & Jack's negative feelings about it, and we could go on and on. Jack has to realize now how his unwavering defense of Gwen, his constant siding with her, etc. and ignoring of Abby completely affected her. He refused (as did others) to even consider Gwen could possibly not be entirely truthful.

I couldn't agree more! If any of these people treated Gwen bad in any way you could probably make a case for why she was so horrible to them. But all of them treated her with nothing kindness from the moment they met her. Gwen never once acted conflicted about any of the horrific things she's done. Abigail is right. All she does is hurt people. She's toxic. She don't know how to love anyone but herself. She claim to care about Xander, but look at what her baggage has done to him. Jack needed that wake up call. Now, he can choose to quit letting her play that guilt card on him, or he can continue letting her lie and manipulate him and drive his family away.

When you have been beaten down and fended for yourself starting from childhood it is hard to trust anyone or get use to the fact that someone really means what they say. That you are even worthy of someone else's unconditional love is not in your realm.
Unconditional fatherly love?.....Jack told her "Do not call me dad." That just drills the fact in that she really has no one for ever and that she is a throw away sole not worthy of love.

Gwen always called him Jack......and finally called him Dad...just once....yes, he was pleased then. He now feels betrayed, he took her in, supported and defended her, believed every word she said, and she was lying.
There are a lot of people with horrible childhoods, who grew up to lead good lives, helped others, became reknown in their fields. Just as there are those raised in loving homes, families, great teachers, etc. who embrace a life of crime, drugs, prison, etc.

Sometimes you have to learn to treat people well and believe them. It's not a given. Gwen was trying to turn her life and thought process around. She should have said the truth from the beginning, but was afraid of losing the dad she never had.
He should never have said 'do not call me dad' to his own daughter, period, no matter what in my book.

Even if my child was a murderer, I would not tell them I am not their mother.

Back