Days of Our Lives - Fri., Oct. 20, 2017

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Uh-oh folks - I was running errands and when I returned home, my DVR informed me that "Days of Our Lives was not recorded due to a scheduling change." I truly have no idea why but my DVR has been acting up lately. I only caught the last few seconds of the show - Nicole in the Square, with Holly, vowing she will return to Salem.

Help please!

Caught the last 20 minutes or so.

Jennifer is visiting Hope at the police station. When she leaves, Andre walks in. States he's not very comfortable in police stations. Hope says "Nor should you be."

Sami runs into Nicole in the Square. Seems Sami just left Eric and knows what Nicole did. She starts to rip into Nicole and Nicole interrupts to explain that she did what she did for her daughter and Sami would have done the same thing. It kind of left Sami speechless. Jennifer enters the Square as Sami leaves and asks Nicole if that was Sami not realizing she was back in town. (Seemed odd as I would think Jennifer would know about Will and would know Sami would be back.)

Cut to Eric reliving the breakup. And throwing things around the room.

Sami & Kate have a reunion at the DiMansion. Actually very nice reunion with both of them stating they are worried about Lucas. Sami does ask why no one called her and Kate said that Ben wasn't to be trusted and they didn't want to get her hopes up only to have her heart broken again.

Cut back to Hope & Andre. Andre says that Dr. Rolf will be arriving at Salem Inn shortly. He hands Hope an envelope with a phoenix on it stating she should have it when she meets with Rolf.

"Adrienne" & Victor are getting ready to start their wedding (after Bonnie fires the minister Victor hired because she doesn't trust he didn't pay an actor to do the deed). Sheila comes in as Bonnie had her get ordained this morning. But Victor tries to throw a wrench into her plans by stating you need a witness. Cue Brady to walk in and state "I haven't had a drink today, what am I seeing?" Victor says "If you want to stay in my good graces you will stay and be a very silent witness". Brady agrees.

Back to Nicole & Jennifer talking in the square. Nicole is asking Jennifer to check on Eric; she has made up her mind to leave Salem.

Back to Eric trashing the farmhouse. He cuts his hand badly.

Back to the wedding of Bonnie & Victor. Sheila is having trouble with the big words. She gets to the "speak now or forever hold your peace". Brady says I feel like I should say something. Bonnie says "No, uh uh".

Back to Sami screeching at Kate because no one told her that Rolf had been found when Chad promised. Kate says Chad doesn't know, Andre only called her. Cut to a now on Rolf's door and the phoenix envelope being slid underneath.

Jennifer shows up at the cabin and knocks, but the door is ajar. It opens and she sees the mess and Eric on the floor staring at his hand.

Nicole is in the square talking to Holly. She says this was the first real home she ever had and it was Holly's first home. She says she never gave up on Holly and that she isn't going to give up on Eric. "The three of us are going to be just fine." She ends with "As God as my witness, I will be back. We will be back".

Sami bangs on Eric's door, birthday cake in hand. Calls him butthead. Says she's there to celebrate their "happy, crappy birthday" and waltzes in. She lights the candle and says they're both going to make a wish, but it can't be on something they can't ever have. They talk about the claims of Rolf reviving Will. She talks of how she unfortunately has to put her trust in Andre right now.

Eric gets some plates and silverware, then apologizes for not having a gift for her. Sami asks if she should slice a piece for Nicole, so she can shove it in her face. Eric says Nicole's not moving in, that she dumped him. Sami calls her the b-word. They talk about what happened with Nicole dumping him out of the blue. Eric's resigned to the fact while Sami goes on and on, ranting. Eric tells her to shut up. They talk a bit more, then Sami jumps up and leaves. Eric wants to know where she's going, but she won't tell him. He's not happy.

Eric then takes out a small box, filled with pictures he took of Nicole, and looks through them, remembering when Nicole walked out (flashback). He flings the box and pictures to the floor. He then totally trashes the living room and throws their birthday cake against the wall. The plate breaks and cuts his hand deeply.

Jennifer is sitting with Hope, appears to be doing a story. Off the record, Hope tells Jen about Clyde/Ben saying Dr. Rolf revived Will. Jennifer is stunned, asks if they've found Rolf. No, not yet. (odd little snippet of a scene)

Justin's phone is ringing (it's Adrienne). He's ignoring it as he jabbers with Bonnie. He sets his ringing phone on the table to help Maggie down the steps with some luggage (out the front door). Bonnie notices the caller ID says "Statesville Prison" and answers it, saying "Adrienne Kiriakis" to which Adrienne spits out "NO, I'M Adrienne Kiriakis!" They argue back and forth for a few minutes and Adrienne threatens Bonnie by saying once Patch comes after her, she'll wish she was back in Statesville. They spar a bit more, then Adrienne breaks down and begs Bonnie to help her. Bonnie tells her to get lost and hangs up, as Justin comes in. Asks who was on the phone. Bonnie covers and says a jailbird was calling for legal help, but Bonnie got rid of them for him. They talk for a bit and she tells him he can stay for the wedding. He's not having it.

Oh Lordy, Bonnie comes into the living room wearing the tacky white dress she was going to wear to Abby's and Sonny's wedding. He notices her brooch and asks if it's Maggie's. She says yes, Mick... then stops. He asks what about Mickey?? She covers and says that's not what she said. Something about how Maggie must've left it behind. As she was walking into the room, Victor was saying to the Justice of the Peace "and you know what to do" Bonnie tells him he's fired. Victor pays the guy and he leaves. Bonnie says he was probably an out-of-work actor, doesn't trust Victor not to try and trick her, and she has hired her own "celebrant". Turns out, it's Sheila, who got ordained this morning. Victor says they need a witness. Cue Brady waking in. Victor explains what's going on. Tells him to be a silent witness. (Brady says he's not had a drink yet but asks if he heard correctly, Victor marrying "Adrienne"??)

Sheila starts the ceremony, tripping over her words. Bonnie's telling her to speed it up when Sheila asks about the "if anyone has just cause...." Brady asks if he should interrupt. Sheila asks if Victor takes this woman, when Maggie barges in and yells STOP!

Andre comes into the DiMera living room and tells Kate he has wonderful news about Will. Rolf made contact and is arriving in Salem shortly. Andre says he's not letting Rolf out of his sight until he finds out the truth about Will. Kate says it's a terrible idea. Kate tells Andre he should be afraid of Rolf and she doesn't want to see anything bad happen to him. She tells him to let the police handle Rolf.

Brady is sitting on a park bench, talking to Nicole. Talks about how Theresa broke his heart. Nicole says then they're all miserable, him, her and Eric. He mentions bouncing back from Kristen and Theresa, but says Nicole doesn't deserve to be happy. She begs him, says she and Eric will leave Salem together and he'll never have to see them together; she pleads. (Oh Nicole, tell him to go pound salt and walk away; don't grovel) He tells her he hates doing this to her, but he's a different man now. If he finds out she left town with Eric, he'll go to the cops and tell them she murdered Deimos. At least this way, she gets to keep her daughter.

Sami now runs into Nicole in Horton Town Square. Nicole asks how the children are and Sami cuts her off, says they're not friends, and she heard what Nicole has done to her brothers. Says Nicole is not good enough for her brother and is glad she dumped Eric so she can't have her claws in him. Nicole says there's more to it. Whatever niceness Sami and Nicole experienced before Sami left Salem after EJ's death is O-V-E-R. Nicole says that even though Sami's been through a lot, she's still the same mean and vindictive person she's always been. Sami says she can say the same about Nicole.

Nicole says she did it all for her daughter and if Sami was in her place, she'd have done the same thing. Sami flounces off, as Jennifer walks up to Nicole, asks if that was Sami. Nicole says yes, then Jen notices how upset Nicole is, asks if Sami said something to upset her. Nicole says no, it wasn't Sami. Nicole explains to Jennifer how she fell in love with Eric, but never meant to hurt either of them. Jennifer asks what she's going to do now. Nicole says she's taking Holly and leaving Salem. Jen is surprised, says she's sorry to hear that. Nicole asks Jennifer to please go check on Eric to make sure he's OK, then she leaves.

Hurricane Sami then blows into the DiMansion again to see Kate. Asks why she didn't let her know what Ben and Clyde said herself. Kate tries to explain it was so outlandish, they didn't want to upset her. Sami talks of seeing Lucas at Will's grave. Kate asks how drunk he was. Sami blames it on Adrienne. Sami then asks why Kate married Stefano 2.0, and Kate, in a roundabout way, says Andre's not so bad. He's even helping with Rolf. Sami says yeah, only because Chad asks him to.

Andre then goes to see Hope, to talk about Rolf. He talks about Rolf being dangerous and she needs to have "this" when she deals with him. He hands her a brown envelope with the Phoenix emblem on it.

Andre is then back at the DiMansion, and Sami snaps at him, asking where Rolf is.

Rolf is in a hotel room, when he sees something slipped under his door, a Phoenix emblem on a piece of paper. He throws open the door to see Hope. She asks if he's surprised. Was he expecting someone else??

Jennifer goes to the farm house, opens the door and sees the trashed living room, with Eric on the floor.

Nicole has Holly in Horton Town Square, telling her while it's their first home and she's sorry she's taking her from it, she promises it won't be forever. Says she's not going to give up on Eric, that the 3 of them will be just fine, she promises. She puts Holly in her stroller and says "As God is my witness, I will be back... WE will be back" and she walks through HTS with Holly's stroller and a suitcase.

Nicole: Farewell to this fan favorite, and when she returns, let's hope she is no longer playing the victim for men who are clearly unworthy of her, especially Brady.

Brady: So he thinks that his life has been a series of low points? If Sami ever finds out the true cause of the Bad Twin's heartbreak, Brady won't be looking at a low point, he'll be looking into an abyss.

Bonnie: She's like the poker player who stays with a bad hand until everything plows up in her face. She's overstayed her welcome, messed with Victor, and trifled with Maggie's feelings. If she has any sense, she ought to bolt out of the K-mansion and throw herself on the mercy of the Salem P.D.

Victor: He's had a lot a weddings, but none have been as farcical as this one. In fact, this one arguably tops all the other wedding fiascoes in Salem history -- even Sami's, What other wedding had a bride with a ridiculous, low-cut "dress," an ex-convict as the officiant, and a surly, unwilling groom? Sure, nobody has been shot yet, but at least the weddings where bullets flew had at least a veneer of plausibility as they started.

Last edited:
Oh, wow, you are all fabulous! Thank you! So....Sami is on for 6th day in a row. Has she changed clothes yet?

Hmmm, Rolf is here.......in Salem?? Wonder why?

Oh, wow, you are all fabulous! Thank you! So....Sami is on for 6th day in a row. Has she changed clothes yet?

Hmmm, Rolf is here.......in Salem?? Wonder why?
She's in the orange pantsuit with the black shirt.

Andre arranged for Rolf to come to Salem so he could get the info about Will.

Thanks for the summaries ladies. Jason, sorry to hear about your DVR. I didn't realize DVRs could
do that. My VCR doesn't do that.

I'm glad someone finally asked Sami about her kids. But we didn't get an answer.

I enjoyed the short birthday celebration the twins had. Too bad no one else
will get to eat any of the cake.

I wish Holly wasn't the wearing that coat. We couldn't see her face.

An interesting way to save money, Bonnie wore the dress she wanted to
wear to the double wedding today.
Today Bonnie said Mick and Shelia said Bon. Will Maggie stop the wedding?

So Rolf is back in town. Will Hope get the information about Will?

I loved Victor's line when Brady came home. Victor told him he and Maggie got a quick
divorce so the maid here
can marry me to Adrienne. Then he told Brady he had to be a silent witness.

Monday should be an interesting show with Rolf and the wedding.

I have a question. When can you get remarried same day you sign divorce papers? It all has to go through the court and be finalized.

I thought Nicole's departure was so sad. I hope she was being prophetic about being back, and as someone above said, not as the eternal victim.

Thank goodness Bonnie is about out the door. I think the difference in the real Adrienne and the fake is remarkable. Judi Evans (Bonnie) is to be commended for going au natural!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
A good show today! Was that really the last of Nicole!? She'd better be coming back, and with a vengeance! She needs her happy-ever-after with Eric. I fear that now they'll put him with Jennifer again.

Sami is such an idiot. But, what else is new? I guess only EJ is capable of "change":rotfl: I feel very bad for Eric. I can't wait to see what he'll do after he learns what Brady did.

Please, oh PLEASE let everyone know the truth about Bonnie! And I'm hoping that the storyline with Will moves along faster.

Thanks Team Spectator for the summaries

Alison Sweeney (Sami) and Greg Vaughan (Eric) have really good twin chemistry. I enjoyed their scenes, especially Sami's snark.

For once, I wasn't annoyed by Sami going off on Nicole. I liked that she was also concerned about Brady. Glad Sami and Nicole are still enemies. Hate that Sami is no longer enemies with Kate.

An interesting way to save money, Bonnie wore the dress she wanted to wear to the double wedding today.

I noticed this as well and thought it was interesting because the show doesn't usually repeat wardrobe that quickly. Good continuity. In other news, that was a massive wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen.

I really hope Maggie interrupting the wedding isn't just a red herring.

It's nice that Hope has a framed photo of her and her boyfriend in her office but doesn't have framed photos of her children and granddaughter.

Nice to see Dr. Rolf. Hope should have taken John and Marlena with her.

2 lines of foreshadowing today I think: one was when Sami said she was happy Nicole and Eric wouldn't be tied together forever. The other was Nicole's Scarlett O'Hara imitation at the end. That sounds like either a recast is coming or Arianne Zucker (Nicole) is already back taping. Note that based on behind the scenes photos we've seen, Nicole's final scenes were taped in June so they were edited in later on.

Last edited:
Thanks to you both for summaries!

I cheered when Maggie came in shouting "STOP"! Bonnie, over, please! NOW!!!

So sorry to see Nicole leaving this way. Agree with so many in hoping she comes back strong again!

Too much Sami still!

Judi Evans (Bonnie/Adrienne) is doing an awesome job of acting. So anxious to have her back as Adrienne ONLY!

I too liked the Sami and Eric scenes.

Back