Days of Our Lives - Fri. Oct. 21 , 2016

My comment wasn't meant as any kind of a diss on Selena Gomez at all. It's just not something I would have pictured Gabi being into age wise. But on the other hand one does not have to have been into the show to enjoy her music I suppose.

Ah, that makes sense now. But Selena Gomez's music has grown beyond "Disney kid" music. Her earlier stuff was basically bubblegum pop, but she was 17 when she released her first album in 2009; her style grown with her. Selena Gomez would be completely age appropriate for Gabi. Besides, I'm 46 and have some Selena Gomez on my phone - and 5 Disney CD's under My Music on my computer.

I als enjoy some Selena Gomez: 2010 was "Naturally", 2011 was "Love You Like a Love Song", and 2013 was "Come & Get It", and 2015 was her and Zedd in "I Want You to Know". Those were my jams back in the day!

Well I admit whenever I hear "Who Says" by Selena Gomez my toes begin to tap LOL. And you're right b2curious Selena's music has evolved and matured since her Disney days. And I'll concede that Gabi is in the age range to be in her target audience. I guess it's with everything Gabi has been through and being an ex-con and all, it just struck me as a little odd as all.

But maybe that was kind of the point, to remind us that despite everything she's been though she is still a very young woman.

Last edited:
Back