Days of Our Lives - Fri. Oct. 21 , 2016

I agree with previous posters about Deimos. I can understand him being upset about Nicole keeping the "truth" from him but he is keeping a very important life threatening secret from her about Xander so he has no room to take the moral high ground here. When he flung that line at her about her being a horrible mother I about screamed. I hope Chloe calls Nicole back or at least heeds her advice about taking precautions to save herself and the baby.

I took the Julie/Arianna scenes as if Julie just hadn't seen her in a really long time so didn't find anything wrong with them.

I thought Sonny's comment to Derrick was funny.

Yeah. Oh, and also a little background: Sonny is a comic book nerd, and he and Paul went to a comic con (San Diego Comic Con, perhaps?), and Sonny dressed as Viper from Marvel Comics in too-short green tights (dude, Sonny, ever hear of skinny jeans and leggings? LOL). I wonder if he went the whole nine and wore a green long haired wig and green gloves as well? :rotfl:

I wonder if Will knew about that?

I had a hard time watching some parts of today's show. I should have fast forwarded Dirty Deimos....Despicable Deimos?? Gonna need some help from Troy here.

Then there were Julie and Jennifer hovering right over JJ, all the while, carrying on and on about how JJ might die and Jen wouldn't be able to take it. She even spoke in detail about how he got shot in the chest and about his bleeding and all. Doesn't everybody say you should speak around a person in a coma as though they can hear you--because maybe they can or at least they may pick up on your vibes? Wouldn't people like Jennifer and Julie know this? I wanted to climb into the screen and put duct tape on their mouths!

Thanks for the summary. On one hand, I'm glad Deimos and Nicole are over, and hope it stays that way. Even if she does forgive him eventually, I doubt she will when she finds out he let Xander live and run away. But on the other hand, I'm tired of seeing her mistreated by a hypocrite. Yet another reason I want her to be paired up with Rafe. I sure hope that Chloe tells both Deimos and Nikki the truth soon about the baby.

So glad Derrick the cutie is back. I do like him and Paul together, I guess. Paul and Sonny could have something, but there's too much angst and dancing in circles with them, and Sonny hasn't really recovered from Will's death. They need a lot of space from each other, I think.

The Gabi/Chad/JJ/Julie/Lucas/Adrienne/Jennifer scenes were great. Definitely the best part of the episode today. And I'm pleasantly surprised that they incorporated addiction into the episode by having Lucas bring his sister to an AA meeting. Great job on the writers' part.

@OC.....I did not understand why Jen's conversation with Julie was not done when they were out of the room, earlier, or later, but not at the bedside. Yes, coma patients ARE supposed to be able to hear

Yes, coma patients ARE supposed to be able to hear
I know for a fact that coma patients can hear what's going on around them. A relative was in a medically induced coma for a month. We kept the TV on in their room, on TNT channel, which always had Law and Order reruns all day, every day. After they came out of the coma, they had what's known as ICU psychosis.

They told the most outrageous tales of things that were going on in the hospital, like a sex trafficking ring being run out of a travel agency in the hospital's lobby (there is no travel agency in the hospital), corrupt police officers being in on it, how the police sat outside the hospital window to watch (the ICU was on the 8th floor), that someone was stalking me and I was going to be kidnapped. Just really crazy stuff. We finally figured out that the dialogue from Law and Order was filtering into the brain, getting all mashed up and resulting in the patient thinking this stuff had actually happened.

It took MONTHS to convince this person none of that happened and it all came from Law and Order.

That's why I always wanted to cleanse the show with having someone wake up from a coma after the Daysaster. (Hey, it could still work!!) The patient could have heard stuff that was going on in Salem from the TV and/or a friend/relative/visitor, but "skewed" stuff. Two weeks of catchup and we're current, LOL.

Oh you're doing great with the names Old Cowgirl. If you're looking to use alliteration without using Deimos's name I would go with something like "Mediterranean Menace" for example, I hope that helps. LOL

Add me to all those who now think that Deimos is beyond the pale. His comment to Nicole were more than outrageous. He even topped such veteran ranters as Jenny and Sami. Deimos is also rather clueless. He's so self-centered that he can't seem to grasp the idea that Nicole's loyalty to an old friend could trump any sense of duty to somebody whom she hasn't known for all that long. Speaking of Deimos the drama queen it was interesting that when ranting about Nicole's past sins, he never mentioned her attempt to poison Victor. Maybe, he thinks that's one of her good points. As for JJ, he's now an elite Salemite -- he's been in a coma. (Don't the writers ever get tired of using this plot device?) Of course, there's no doubt that he'll recover. His current condition is just an excuse for Jenny and Gabi to do some teary bedside scenes.

Hey everyone I have returned from my brief sojourn to a land of resorts, water slides, hot tubs, and fantasy quest games in which little girls of about 10 or eleven could easily defeat the dragon with their wands with a single try but I couldn't figure it out. But we shan't speak of that. LOL

Aww, sounds like you had fun.

I got a chuckle out of how she said maybe he would wake up if she made him listen her favorite music instead and mentioned Selena Gomez. I never really thought of her as a Disney Channel Kid. LOL

You obviously never watched Wizards of Waverly Place. My daughters were both huge fans of the show.

And I agree with everyone that said that Jennifer should not have been talking the way she was at JJ's bedside. And if she started talking that way, someone should have taken her out of the room.

Aww, sounds like you had fun.

You obviously never watched Wizards of Waverly Place. My daughters were both huge fans of the show.

And I agree with everyone that said that Jennifer should not have been talking the way she was at JJ's bedside. And if she started talking that way, someone should have taken her out of the room.

I had a great time! :)

Oh actually I did watch and enjoy "Wizards of Waverly Place" every now and then even though I was past the target age LOL.

My comment wasn't meant as any kind of a diss on Selena Gomez at all. It's just not something I would have pictured Gabi being into age wise. But on the other hand one does not have to have been into the show to enjoy her music I suppose.

Last edited:
What I don't get is why doesn't Chloe go by the "Wesley" last name. It just dawned on me at the end of today's episode when Deimos sent his goon out to look for Craig and Nancy Wesley for Chloe Lane.

You'd think by now the writers would have changed Chloe's last name like they immediately did with Chelsea, Melanie, and Eve in the past when they found out who their fathers were. I'm sure if Paige were still alive she would have instantly became Hernandez.

I remember that Chloe was being bounced around in foster homes when Nancy eventually found her, got custody, took her home. But Chloe was "ghoul girl" then, a junior in h.s. And Nancy thought some professor friend was the father (Nancy had been raped). She had been dating Craig, but did think the other man was the father, so went away to have the baby, gave it up for adoption.

I am only guessing, but since Chloe was practically 18 by the time Craig was found to be her bio daddy, all her records being under the Lane name, etc. they just never pursued changing the name. She calls them her parents, etc.

Heck, Bo never changed his name to Kiriakis, lololol.

Back