Days of Our Lives - Fri., ., Oct. 26, 2018

Rex is a tiny bit older than Belle, Mimi, Chloe, Shawn. Sarah eas a teen when she left. Anyway, Belle & Shawn are parents of a 21 yr. old............

Stefan points to the ring on his finger……I am!
Abby is an idiot even if she's not crazy this time. She married her rapist--who wants to turn her into her alter--to prove to her husband that she's not crazy?

More biological nonsense with Rex/Mimi/BabyWhoCaresWhyBother
They commiserate about the abortion and its aftermath
I really, really, really hate this story. Why bring Mimi and Rex back after over a decade for this? Good morning.
Hopefully, JJ's apologize to Gabi was a ruse to get information from
her later.
I'm not sure I care about any of these people anymore, but I could resolve to forgive JJ if this is the case.

I still hope Lucas wins custody. Mimi can go back to Hades or Llanview or her reality show for all I care.

Rex is a tiny bit older than Belle, Mimi, Chloe, Shawn.
Never use present tense when referring to past Salem ages, LOL. 'Tis better to say "Rex is however old the writers think he needs to be now."

For my evidence I present the changing ages of Ciara and Chase from 2015/November to 2016/April. *wink*

They could pair Julie with Tate and pass them off as the same age and I wouldn't blink.

OK so I'm finally caught up after having to take a hiatus due to all of my graduate school work. So I'll comment my thoughts on the storylines the past few weeks, starting with the fact that some of the lines have been downright hilarious and a lot of the acting (especially Eric and Nicole) have been tremendous.

I really love Ciara & Ben together, or at least the idea of it. I'd like to see them together, and give Tripp & Claire a shot. I also really would like Paul & Will to remain together, although it looks like that couple will be ruined. I'll eventually be glad to see Will back with Sonny if it happens, but I've enjoyed them all this time.

Sami is beyond annoying as usual and her storyline is so stupid that I won't even comment. I will say I'm extremely disappointed at how the show handled Nicole's brief return. Hopefully she actually survived and returns one day. I feel so awful for Eric, who has lost everything. Hopefully he can avoid going back to the bottle at least for Holly's sake.

Abe/Lani/Eli/Sheila simply don't interest me, so I mentally tune that out. I do like the potential of the storyline with Lucas, Chloe, Mimi and Rex, and Sarah's return excites me. But Bonnie and Hattie need to go already. It's been long enough, and I want John & Marlena out of the hospital and married already. I also would like to see Lucas and Chloe have something else to do besides the baby/Bonnie storyline.

The Gabi and Abigail stuff was already over-the-top and not in a good way. The fact that Abigail married her rapist just to spite Gabi, whom she is only suspicious of so far, shows that she doesn't have any regard for her husband's feelings, or her mom's. I'm now all in rooting for Gabi. I liked her with Chad anyways.

I have never known Sarah as a character. Being Maggie's daughter wouldn't she be way way older than Rex?

Sarah was born onscreen in 1981. Chronologically, she should be a few years older than Eric and Sami (who were born onscreen in 1984, but the year changed to 1977 when Alison Sweeney joined the cast as Sami as a teen), which would put Sarah in her mid-40s if they kept her in the same age range. Her actual age without SORASing should be 37. Linsey Godfrey, the actress portraying Sarah, is 30. so most likely they have de-SORASed her or kept her age around 37.

And when mother and long-lost daughter sit down for a nice cup of tea, will Maggie tell Sarah all about her unknown sister, psycho Summer, Dario's partner in grifting?

Oh I'd even DVR this episode.... Or can we just pray that Summer was a bad dream and that entire portion of the show has been forgotten (please let it be so)

The Gabi and Abigail stuff was already over-the-top and not in a good way. The fact that Abigail married her rapist just to spite Gabi, whom she is only suspicious of so far, shows that she doesn't have any regard for her husband's feelings, or her mom's.
Abby did not marry Stefan to "spite Gabi". She married him so as not to get committed by her "husband" Chad, who not only could do it, but intended to do so. Since her mother, and evidently JJ as well were not believing Abby's statements, she evidently felt she had no choice, but to rely on someone who she knew would not want her put away.
Stefan's reason for agreeing, of course, are probably very different. He would have the chance to get Gabby out permanently, and access at all times to "his" baby.
If she just divorced Chad, then her mother could and would do the commitment, so Abby had no one she could trust, except herself. She knew Stefan would not want her put away....
That said, I am still very upset that Kayla gave paperwork, without talking to Abby herself, just taking the word of others, known liars, to boot.

While that may be true, it's still just low down of someone who knows already that Chad is struggling with the child (as far as they know) being Stefan's. I disagree that there was no other way. She just didn't speak to them reasonably. Instead, she attacked Kate and ran to Stefan, which only reinforces the view that the alters are back in the minds of JJ, Chad, and Jennifer.

Guess we see things differently. Kate stood there and lied over and over, Gabi hit herself on the forehead, lied that Abby had done it. She drugged this pregnant woman, changed her clothes, dragged her to DiMansion, set her up that she had dressed like Gabby, her alter........so when Abby denies this all ever happened, says Gabi & Kate are lying, even confronts them about it, no one believes her, she is just supposed to shut her mouth, huh?
While I agree that it was difficult for her loved ones to accept what she was saying, not a single one, except JJ, considered the possibility. Even he is tentative, but at least he considered it.
No, I hate that Abby resorted to ask that rapist for help, I detest that he is probably going to be gloating about his "wife". But I really cannot praise Gabi for what she has been doing. The fact is, Gabi wants Chad.....it isn't about revenge for what the alters did to her, she knows Abby herself was not responsible. No, this is a way for Gabi to get Chad back, as she has repeatedly noted. She wants him, Thomas, her & Ari to be all one nice, happy family.
Please note that she has not done a single thing to Stefan, who began it all. Took her company, first did the coat & wig thing on camera, edited the footage so nothing else could be seen, no one going in or out of Andre's office, etc. etc. No, revenge is not her reason, it is jealousy, plain and simple. She wants Chad. Period.

I couldn't believe she wanted to hang around until she saw her being committed so she could gloat. I'm glad Abby told her to leave. She's just become a nasty, hateful person. How stupid was she to call Kate right there in the mansion. I believe JJ heard her.

I'm sure Abby won't press charges when all this mess comes out, but I hope Justin will for Kate and Gabi for committing perjury.

Let's see. Stefan has something on Kate, which forces her to give him info on Titan dealings. Gabi learned this, so is blackmailing Kate to do her bidding, or she will tell Chad.
Stefan already had Kayla squirming, as he would not give up the bionic eye for Steve, unless she gave up Abby's medical records. she did, but has no qualms signing off on paper work to commit Abby. She has not witnessed any of the behavior Gabi & Kate claim,............man, Ted would have a field day with this. Not Justin, he just nods and says o.k. His wife is Abby's bio aunt, but he doesn't hesitate a second. Ugh.
We already had Brady blackmailing Nicole out of town, and Xander doing the same to have her marry him. And then Bonnie threatening her own daughter, in order to "borrow" her grandchild to perhaps keep her from going back to jail. Ugh, Double and triple ugh.
I'd say a bit too much blackmail going on in Salem.

I meant, did JJ actually believe Gabi's claim she was talking to Rafe, asking him for help

oh, wait, you meant JJ gets a turn using it, after Chloe's done with it. LOL O.K. sorry.....my mind went elsewhere for a minute.

Abigail married her rapist just to spite Gabi,
I disagree. Abigail knows what Gabi is doing, but no one will believe her. I don't even think Stefan necessarily believes her; he just saw a way to get "Gabby" back and he jumped at the chance. As I said in another post, I hate what Stefan has done to so many people, especially Abigail, but she evidently saw marrying him as her only option to not being committed, and she will deal with the aftermath later.

Abby did not marry Stefan to "spite Gabi".
Oops. I saw this after I made my post. Great minds, my friend. :)

Who says (except them) says that Stefan and Abby are really married? I think they both concocted this ploy. Stefan to get back at Chad and Abby to - hopefully - finally get the goods on Gabi once and for all!

Really tired of this storyline. Writers, it's time to tie it up and end it!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am wondering how this marriage is going to be explained as legal. And how would a divorce be granted without Chad’s knowledge or notification?

I don’t understand Abigail feeling that marrying Stefan is an option. Supposedly she hates this person. Would being committed to a psychiatric hospital for a few days be worse than marrying Stefan? If she were committed....granted, it’s not a walk in the park....but, a psychiatrist would be able to talk to her and realize her alters are integrated and she is of sound mind. And she can be released in a matter of days. Yet, she would rather divorce Chad and marry the man that raped her and took advantage of her when she was mentally ill? The writing does not make sense to me in this story. It’s just for shock and creating drama.

As for Gabi, her character is forever ruined for me. Nothing can redeem her at this point. I hope at the end of this story her character either dies or goes to prison. I don’t want to see her anymore.

If Kate doesn’t speak up soon and fix this, I will have no use for her character either. Since when does Kate let someone like Gabi blackmail her? She is smarter than this.

Sarah should be in her 40’s at the very least. She was my age when I started watching the show in the late 80’s (I was 17 at the time)and I am 47 now. So she should at least be 47. To have a 30 year old actress playing her is annoying, but I guess I’ll have to see how the actress plays the character.

I hope Bonnie and Hattie leave this coming week. They are not funny. I fast forward their scenes.

I wish Belle and Shawn would be on more (together). I enjoy both actors and they have really good chemistry when the writers have given them stories in the past. They should be in front burner stories now. Such a waste.

Sami...that character used to be more interesting. To write her like she has been written this time and the last couple times she has been written...is just sad. She has become so annoying and obsessed about EJ being alive. The rest of her family...her children, Will, her mother, her father, her siblings....are ignored or given little interaction with her. I guess Sami has always been selfish. But it has become worse instead of better. She was a better person with Rafe. And Rafe did accept her for who she was. I don’t believe her crappy story that EJ was the only one that loved her for who she was. I hope that this mystery person ED that was burned in the warehouse fire proves to be someone else besides EJ, OR it is EJ and he dies from the burn injuries. That way, Sami can move on and we don’t have to hear that EJ is the love of her life anymore. Yuck.

Abigail knows what Gabi is doing, but no one will believe her. I don't even think Stefan necessarily believes her; he just saw a way to get "Gabby" back and he jumped at the chance. As I said in another post, I hate what Stefan has done to so many people, especially Abigail, but she evidently saw marrying him as her only option to not being committed, and she will deal with the aftermath later.

My sentiments as well. I need for Abby to be estranged from Chad and her family for a while until they start begging her for forgiveness. I'm so glad she isn't giving in to Gabi's machinations. I did enjoy the ending with JJ and Gabi though. He seemed to be getting to her. I bet Rafe would too.

I don’t understand Abigail feeling that marrying Stefan is an option.

This was my thought too but I'm thinking she may have needed his logistical help to get the quickie divorce. Maybe the marriage was part of the deal. I'm guessing it will be explained today.

Sarah should be in her 40’s at the very least. She was my age when I started watching the show in the late 80’s (I was 17 at the time)and I am 47 now. So she should at least be 47. To have a 30 year old actress playing her is annoying, but I guess I’ll have to see how the actress plays the character.

I remember teen Sarah as well. I'm also not crazy about Maggie being thrust into more story now though I guess it's good she can actually parent her own kid for a while. I feel like this was a directive from higher up where Ron was told to write more story for Maggie and so we got Sarah. Seems like a case of be careful what you wish for since we've all been complaining about the gaps in the 30/40 crowd.

I wish Belle and Shawn would be on more (together). I enjoy both actors and they have really good chemistry when the writers have given them stories in the past. They should be in front burner stories now. Such a waste.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Once again Belle seamlessly fits in to so many stories on canvas as we've seen the past few weeks and so does Shawn even though we haven't seen him as much. Plus both their families are in Salem. Why not give them a new baby or twin babies instead of random characters we haven't seen in almost 20 years? For those newer viewers, Belle and Shawn didn't experience Claire's pregnancy together because at the time they thought Philip was the father. Why not give them a story about having difficulty conceiving now that they are older? I never thought it made sense back when they were younger and the whole black glove thing happened.

I'm trying to figure out if I see chemistry between Mimi and Rex at all. Mimi is testing my patience levels already so I hope this is not a permanent visit. Though I want Rex to know that's his daughter so I don't know what to think.

Loving Chloe and also loving Lucas. I just don't love them together but I love that they are getting story. I'm guessing a chance meeting with Chloe and Rex is imminent--I was actually hoping for it on Friday with the sock. I'm glad they've been giving background on Rex and saying that he doesn't have as close a relationship with his family.I would have been annoyed had they rewrote his past.

I'd like to see Jennifer and Lucas support one another.

Back