Days of Our Lives - Fri., Oct. 27, 2017

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Justin is outside Lucas's hotel room, talking to someone on the phone. The DNA test is not back yet. Later he knocks on the door and gets the reluctant Lucas to listen to him. Justin tries once to explain that it was actually not Adrienne that broke up with him, Lucas makes a remark that almost gives away his romp with "Adrienne" after their breakup, but is interrupted by Steve's phone call. Justin rushes off. Lucas is left alone to ponder how he can think about Adrienne when "Dr Frankenstein" might have revived his son.

In Prison, Adrienne flashes back to helping Sonny before his wedding despite his protests. Sonny visits her. Sonny apologizes that there's a delay but they will get her out today. He feels badly about not recognizing "Adrienne" wasn't herself. Bonnie is the only one to blame, Adrienne insists. Later, Sonny has recapped Ben's interruption of the wedding, and they talk about the terror of being torn between two lovers. Sonny admits to thinking a lot about a second chance to make things right with Will. But then there's the pull of first loves. She admits she kissed Justin when he rescued her. At that moment, Justin appears with the news that Adrienne is free. Hugs all around. Sonny leaves.

In the Square, Paul recalls an earlier conversation with Sonny. John comes upon him and they talk of leads, what happened with the tablet, etc. John worries that Paul is approaching this too coolly. Paul admits that this isn't the first ghost they've faced, and given Sonny's patience when Paul was in the closet, he will give Sonny the time he needs.

At the Police Station, Marlena arrives to a not-as-frenetic as usual Sami insisting that she shouldn't have been arrested and will absolutely get the answers about who hired Rolf before she leaves. She is spouting off about how Hope should apologize when Hope enters. Back and forth, and Hope reveals that she has a solid lead. She won't tell Sami, who invokes Zack's name (and persists although Marlena tries to stop her) in her argument to get the information. Back and forth, resist, appeal. Hope writes down an address and gives it to Sami, who promises Hope she won't regret this bending of the regulations. Sami bolts. Marlena will supervise her.

At the Kmansion, replay of the Eric/Brady convo, insults and all. Eric punches Brady. Today, Brady punches back and they knock over furniture. Back and forth, and Brady is about to smash one of the liquor decanters over his head when Victor enters and orders him to stop. He doesn't want a fight club in his house. Eric leaves, vowing it's not over. Victor tells Brady Nicole wasn't worth it, and commends Brady on his blackmailing Nicole over Deimos's murder. Brady also recaps Nicole's sex with Eric and lie about Chicago. Victor tries jokes, Brady is not in the mood, and admits to being especially hurt by Nicole's immediate telling of the truth. Brady feels that Nicole got away with something. Victor advises him to turn Nicole in.

Eric has gone back to the Horton Center to fix up his wound and he recalls writing a letter to Nicole about how protective Brady was. Jennifer enters and helps him patch it up. Eric tells her of his suspicion that Brady forced Nicole to leave town. Jennifer admits she saw Nicole before she left town, and she looked scared. Jennifer listens, and Eric thanks her. What are friends for? Eric tells Jennifer he will need time to heal, and he will focus on the Center. He will pray for Brady.

Back at Statesville, Justin advises Adrienne about how bad Lucas is now, and to be ready. Adrienne will go home, bathe, and change, and then deal with him. Later, she has gone to his hotel room, where the door is open. It is empty except for a bunch of empty booze bottles.

Back at Maniac--oops I mean the K-mansion, Brady considers Victor's plan briefly, but refuses. Brady is better than that. Victor decides that Deimos deserves a proper burial, as Hope has decided to release the body (she was holding it while the case was open). He needs Brady's help, as the rest of the family are occupied (and he doesn't want to trouble Maggie with it).

In the Square, Paul and John pack up to go to the Police Station. Sonny comes upon them, as do Marlena & Sami. They talk about Memphis; they have a charter jet and are going to track down someone who might have info on Will. There's room on the plane. Paul, Sonny, and John will accompany them; Marlena wonders about Lucas, Sami says they'll figure it out and tell him after since he's such a mess.

Lucas has gone to the Police Station, wants an update on the case. He wonders where Sami, Sonny, and Paul are.

In - ahem, Memphis - the fivesome open a door in a house filled with knick knacks and gewgaws and spooky music (Bach, Toccata and Fugue in D minor: With the Organ).

At Deimos's grave, Victor tells Brady he'll live longer now that
Nicole is out of his life. He recalls that his rift with Deimos was over a woman, and laments that Brady "could have" almost killed his brother today. Victor worries (?) that Brady is following too much in his footsteps. Victor spits on the grave, and as they leave, a figure clad in black arrives. She lifts her veil: it's Eve.

Back in the Spook House, Sami vows to find out who lives here. The music stops and the fivesome starts. They are looking at someone we can't see. END.

Dr. Rolf: Have any Salemites every read Stephen King's Pet Semetery? If they had, would they fear that a Rolf-resurrected Will would be a demon in human form like those in the book. If anyone used John Black as an example to disprove this theory, Sami might just say that he does act like a creepy creature from beyond the grave.

Sami: Is she going soft on John Black, the man she says ruined her life? She hasn't insulted him once since she returned and didn't object to having him go along on the trip to Memphis.

Hope: The ex-con was in fine unprofessional form today. After telling Sami that her best detectives (goat-phobic Lani and ex-window-smasher JJ) were on the Will case, whom does she send to follow up their Memphis lead? Naturally, she dispatched no police, instead leaving things to four civilians: Sami, Marlena, John, and Paul.

Victor: He was in fine form today, but failed to mention the worst thing about the Brady-Eric brawl: it endangered Maggie's prize porcelain figurines. If they had been smashed, the two combatants would have had a bigger problem than their bruised feelings over losing Nicole.

More classic Sami but I missed her and can tolerate it. At least Hope now is coming around instead of being so tight lipped, we all know Salem PD is so good at solving crimes (sarcasm). Victor praising Brady, I am not shocked, more shocked why Eve would appear at Deimos' gravesite, she hated him. Good to see Adrienne out of jail and dealing with the aftermath of Lucas, poor woman. Great episode and for a Friday I have something to look forward too then a lame cliffhanger.

Thanks, Jason.

It was parent/child day in Salem. Sami with Marlena, Paul with John and
Sonny with Adrienne.

Maggie is lucky Victor arrived in time to save her figurines.

Interesting to hear Victor make sure it was Deimos in the coffin.

I wonder what's going on with Sami's other children? All she's talked about
has been Will. I want to know where Johnny, Allie and Sydney are.

Interesting ending to today's show. Eve shows up and the group in the
cabin see someone. I hope we find out who on Monday's show.

Victor: He was in fine form today, but failed to mention the worst thing about the Brady-Eric brawl: it endangered Maggie's prize porcelain figurines. If they had been smashed, the two combatants would have had a bigger problem than their bruised feelings over losing Nicole.
Breaking one of Maggie's figurines is up there with insulting her home-baked cookies.

I was surprised by Eve's appearance. I was not expecting her there and then, and the veil was a crazy touch.
Is Adrienne's home at the Kiriakis place or back at the hotel where she'd been living?
Well, she and Lucas had been living together. So she must have cleaned up at the Kiriakis mansion.

I am not on board with Justin and Adrienne. Don't give me this first love nonsense. What am I, seven years old?

Didn’t Bonnie or Sheila break one of Maggie’s figurines, (not Bonnie’s fantasy sequence) min an episode a week or two ago? However, it looks like it’s been replaced, i noticed there are 4 of them again.

Although the situation called for it, I hope Adrienne’s bawling scenes are over with. Judi Evans (Adrienne) is very good at it, it’s just a bit too much.

I have to confess my mute button screams at me to press it when Sami appears on screen. That voice is like a spoon scraping teeth and that defiant, smug, face just begs to have a pie thrown at it.

Was nice to see the real Victor make an appearance today. I was missing the grumpy, snarky, wise cracking old fart.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to confess my mute button screams at me to press it when Sami appears on screen. That voice is like a spoon scraping teeth and that defiant, smug, face just begs to have a pie thrown at it.
Wow! I was having trouble finding words to describe my feelings about Sam-me - you hit the nail on the head. I said something on twitter about her character belonging in the 1980s (the age of egomaniacal ME ME ME soap divas).

The only plus to her return is she's not mentioned you-know-whom as much as her last return, and she's mostly focused on her dead son.

Has the show retconned it so that Sami only has 1 child now instead of 4? Because where the heck are the other 3 kids?

Funny how it's ok for Sami to mention Zack but Rafe can't. Still a totally relevant mention in my opinion.

What was the purpose of having Marlena in the scenes at the jail? Just to watch Sami and Hope argue?

Well we know why Eric had to move out of the farmhouse in a jiffy.

I like the Jen and Eric scenes but hate that they are all about Nicole. Not really a good way to start a relationship if that's where this is headed. Also hated Brady beating up Eric. Time for a rest for Brady.

The entire ending was badly edited. Why does Marlena need to charter a jet? Doesn't John own a plane? I don't care about Eve or the poorly decorated farmhouse. I'm surprised they didn't do a product placement deal with Party City. And why was Eve wearing a black veil only to remove it immediately? Some cliffhanger.

Back