Days of Our Lives - Fri., Oct. 3, 2014

So, this was the "big emotional reunion" of John and Marlena ? I blinked and must've missed it.:sarcasm:

Yup--just like when Sami 'attacked' Jordan. I'm convinced Corday is telling people to exaggerate the spoilers in a pitiful attempt to gain back lost viewers. If that is the case, it sure isn't working out very well.

But was this the real reunion ? I doubt it. Right now, John is still confused, he and Marlena really haven't talked yet. So I for one am still hoping it will indeed be great in a few days, or weeks. The show disappoints me so often these days (look at how Nicole was used today, we saw her what ? Two minutes ?), it's nice to know there may be something to hope for. At the risk of, yet again, being frustrated and disappointed.

I also feel the "reunion" is yet to come. Right now, John is very puzzled....the last he remembered, she would not even talk to him. So, now she has never left his side, so he is told. And Brady who was drunk and high, and also wanted nothing to do with him, is all clean and sober.
John is definitely not stupid, and he is sorting things out, trying to make sense of what is going on now.

It is one thing to be in a coma for a few days, weeks. Another to be in one for months, to come to, and find all this time has gone by, and things have happened, summer has come and gone, people's lives have changed, etc. Rather bewildering.

Even though the episode was a little slow, it was nice to see Hope/Aiden and John/Marlena carrying this episode.

Jason, I had the same thought about the ending. Has the budget increased??? Fabulous effects! THAT is how you successfully incorporate flashbacks.

I'm loving the sexual tension building up between Hope and Aiden.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The show needs Shawn and Belle back yesterday.

Just out of curiosity, for those of you who have ever been in the hospital or visited someone in the hospital, has your doctor ever done rounds in a plaid shirt and jeans?

I have been a patient, a visitor, and I have NEVER EVER seen a doctor look as bad as Dr. Dan does. AND my mom was a nurse. He constantly looks like he needs a shower, shampoo, shave, and some clean clothes. And no, I have not seen doctors, nurses, aides, in jeans. Not a chance.
I have been in big city hospitals, suburban hospitals, small town and slightly larger town hospitals. It is amazing that Dr. Scruff appears once in a while in a white coat.

I don't see anything at all unprofessional in the way Daniel dresses. He wears plaid shirts instead of solid colors--so what? My dad is a doctor and wears similar shirts. Anyway, if I had to choose between one of the top surgeons in the world and some lesser doctor who wears more formal clothes, I'd choose the top surgeon every time.

I have been a patient, a visitor, and I have NEVER EVER seen a doctor look as bad as Dr. Dan does. AND my mom was a nurse. He constantly looks like he needs a shower, shampoo, shave, and some clean clothes. And no, I have not seen doctors, nurses, aides, in jeans. Not a chance.
I have been in big city hospitals, suburban hospitals, small town and slightly larger town hospitals. It is amazing that Dr. Scruff appears once in a while in a white coat.

:OT: A bit off topic, but I think that is also the case with Ridge on B&B, and a lot of people say that. He is very scruffy, hair is too long and oily-looking...and someone of his position shouldn't be looking that messy.:back:

Also, since that pre-emption over the summer changed the schedule, I honestly don't know how I feel about the new airing. On one hand, I think Friday episodes tend to be more boring now than they were before the change. On the other hand, I like not having to wait over the weekend, two whole days, before seeing the resolution to a cliffhanger. Now, a cliffhanger will be on Monday, and I can rest well knowing that I will get to see what happens the very next day.

Oh, they have tinkered with the Friday episodes now, so that they can have a "cliffhanger" at the end. They seem to have re-edited episodes. This is why some have so many people in them, all these short scenes all over town.

How could John envision Theresa's helping a drunken Brady to the sofa? Unless I'm imagining things too, John wasn't there when that happened.

I also like how John was able to remember things that happened behind his back. He must have eyes in the back of his head to have been able to see Theresa pick up that poker.

Back