Days of Our Lives - Fri., Oct. 9, 2015

It really bothered me about how Ben got that bag full of Will's body, computer, etc. from his place to Will's, without being seen. Amazing he had a large enough bag, Will was not short. Yes, he could have used back stairs, freight elevators I guess. Just something we have to overlook, I guess.

Poor Will ..Us seeing Ben from his view...like his eyes shutting/blinking... sad. Then the poor guy has his body drug around town and taken home. Assuming He took him through back roads /ally ways. :(

Rigor mortis doesn't set in until from between 2-6 hrs. So, I guess Ben may have been o.k. in that respect in hauling the body to Will's apartment. I really did not expect to see the actual killing. Talk about edge of seat. The music was on the mark, the lighting, the direction, the acting. Really good job.

I wondered why Ben wasn't wearing a mask because of the DNA. Since Ben knows Will,
I guess that will be his excuse why his prints and DNA all over the apartment.

I thought it was interesting Will told Ben he to leave because he had a deadline...

Was the reason Lucas wore a red tie because of foreshadowing?

I hope Hope is realizing Aiden is not to be trusted. If not, she needs to be demoted to traffic cop.

So Aiden hired a burglar to find Chad. I hope he gets caught.

I smiled when Rafe said Chad is on the run. Reminded me of the song
"Band on the Run"

starts talking of Will thinking he is so smart. Will denies this
Wow, I actually agree with Will for once.

Lastly, I did not like the strangling scene. In my opinion, it's not necessary.
I'm right there with you. I actually couldn't watch after that started. I bounced around to make sure I didn't miss a plot point. Didn't seem like Ben really had reason to suspect Will knew anything.

The lights flashing in the window (neon lights from across the street) made it all the more so,
Those lights annoy me. Trying way too hard for a vintage noir look, in my opinion. I wish the reveal that Ben was the killer had happened in another location, like a hotel or storage unit or something, so we didn't have to see those lights all the time. (Or wonder where they were for the last year.)

Did Will scratch Ben? He should have. But he's not that smart.

I'm thankful for episodes like these. Long week at work, really late night (big concert out of town) last night. Easy to skip over. I really don't want to see the murder replayed every day, either.

I also thought it was ironic Lucas was wearing a similar red tie as Ben's strangling one. Lucas did mention " a father always knows" when he thought Will was doing work for Zoe...a nice easter egg foreshadowing wearing that tie the day his son is murdered. Sad.

Will sounds like he's from Stanton Island almost when he has his cold all deep and nasally. Ya know I think Will fell victim to horrible writing since Guy Wilson (Will) has taken over. The writers changed his character to where it was unrecognized like a new character what some would say Eve seemed like when she first arrived.

The murder scene was just as vicious as Paige's that kinda knot in your stomach. Serena's death scene I had no emotion though. She was drunk stumbling when she was attacked so Serena was a easy kill for Ben unlike Paige where she was sober and screaming for her life and like Will's where he put up a struggle laying there with his eyes wide open.

JJ and Gabi.....okay I am starting to see where this is going. Ya know the actors of JJ and Gabi actually compliment each other as a couple more then Paige ever did with JJ. I can easily see Gabi confiding in JJ over Paige being her half sister and turning for comfort when she lets Rafe have it for not telling her sooner.

Thanks for the summary. I haven't watched yet, but since reading about the murder was almost more tension than I could take, I surely will fast forward through those scenes!

I wish Ben would get found out before Clyde leaves town or whatever happens to him. I would like to see how Clyde reacts to finding out Ben is the serial killer. As evil as Clyde is, it seems like he has been obsessed with being a part of Ben's life.

What I noticed about that window, the neon lights flashing, was that the fire escape was no longer visible. You know, the one Chad climbed thru to come see Abby. :)

In the movie BIG, with Tom Hanks, when he is BIG suddenly overnight, but still only 12 or 13, he had taken money from his dad's pants pocket or something, before he left the house so his parents would not see him. And that night he rented a room in a rather sleazy place, is in there, sitting on the bed in the dark, all sad and lonely, despondent, and those neon lights are flashing on and off like that, in the window.
That is what they are for, in my opinion. Ben is despondent, sad, worried, unhappy, feeling alone. At least, that is the feeling I think they are going for. And when he snaps, the lights inside the apt. are never turned on. Which they were when Ben first comes back, and Will is there, throwing the crumpled paper balls into the waste basket.

JJ and Gabi.....okay I am starting to see where this is going. Ya know the actors of JJ and Gabi actually compliment each other as a couple more then Paige ever did with JJ. I can easily see Gabi confiding in JJ over Paige being her half sister and turning for comfort when she lets Rafe have it for not telling her sooner.

Just being "friends" has not worked out very well in Salem. JJ will have many opportunities to meet suitable women while he is attending the local university in pursuit of a degree in criminal justice. And upon graduation, there is always a chance that he could become friends with a fellow SPD employee... In the unlikely event that these scenarios fail him, I think that many computer dating sites have "Friends First" listings. :rolleyes:

Clyde would probably pat Ben on the back, and offer to buy him a drink.

Oh yes, he would no doubt be proud of his boy! However, if Ben gets locked away and Clyde doesn't, that's going to leave Clyde with a lot of time on his hands and his ambitions in shambles, since it seems his dreams and plans have revolved around Ben lately.

Ben for sure is getting sloppy. Whereas its understandable that "Will" evidence is all over the apartment, Abby had already told people that Will was at her apartment with stuff to talk about the wedding. Ben made the mistake of saying he hadn't seen him at all, and there is clearly evidence of Ben all over Will's body and stuff. He did where gloves in Will's apartment though, and unless the police have suspicion they have no reason to suspect it happening at Ben's so they won't be checking there. But the tie, don't they ever check the ties for DNA, my wondering is, since he did wear gloves at Will's place and when putting the tie around Will's neck, did he use a different tie? Because the previous one would definitely give him away.

I'm wondering what kind of DNA they can actually get from a tie. We saw no blood or other bodily fluids during the attack. Unless they find Ben's skin under Will's fingernails or something like that. So far these murders seem pretty "clean" which is why the cops are stumped.

I have to say I'm really surprised Will didn't at least try to fight back once Ben slammed the door shut. He should have pushed him or kicked him or even screamed.

It does seem as if Ben has 2 different personas. One minute we see him crying about Will and the next he is leaving red tie on the body as his mark of fame. So he's not even trying to cover this up.

I seem to remember that when Serena was killed, someone (Rafe? Hope? Roman?) commented on no DNA on the tie. thus they were trying to find where purchased.

The thing is.....just WHY did Ben have a box full under his bed? No one buys a coup le dozen ties of the exact same kind & color, unless they are outfitting a choir, or marching band, something like that.

Back