Days of Our Lives - Fri., Oct. 9, 2015

Poirot, I don't think this is Ben's first time on the necktie strangling express. I still believe he's done this before. Probably in Florida.

Will's murder was Criminal Minds level of creepy. I hope the pay off is worth it. I still think he should have been comatose, recast and woke up with not knowing who Sonny or Arianna are. Would have been a great way to rebuild the character.

Ben is super creepy. I think he has two personalities going on. His expressions right after he killed Will and then his expressions when he was staging Will's apartment made him seem like a completely different person.

Ben sexing up Abby after murdering her cousin in their apartment was beyond disgusting.

It's kind of sad that the sweetest moment in the whole episode was between a former druggie and a recently released murderer. That said I do like the chemistry between JJ and Gabi. Hopefully they take it slow.

I'm glad Justin realized he's been acting like a pompous jerk.

I found it interesting that today Lucas and Gabi were supporting Adrienne and JJ. I wonder if we will the reverse in the coming weeks.

Poor Gabi walking in and finding Will. I'm glad Arianna wasn't with her.

Oh my, what a tragic episode. Will may have annoyed me lately, but he didn't deserve to die. Poor Gabi and poor Arianna. Really, really sad. Everyone in town will be mourning this. At least there will be lots of good acting. Hopefully they also realize that Chad is not the killer from this incident---he and Will have been friends for at least 6 years. There would be no motive for him to murder his BFF. Great acting from Ben and Will today.

JJ & Gabi as friends would be nice. Not as lovers, in my opinion. I also think it was weird of Abigail to romantically set up the apartment after learning that her fiancee's dad is a creepy drug-dealing killer...Hope as a detective should also be more aware to Aiden's strange behavior and be catching on to his lies.

I'm glad Justin is starting to be less of a jerk.

Last edited:
Even though I knew Will was going to die, and the actor was very annoying, it was very sad.

True about all the fingerprints that should be discovered, and there's probably a way to trace when Ben answered his phone in Will's apartment, to SHOW he was in Will's apartment at that time, with today's technology.

Everything I've read though, the killer......deleted possible spoiler in non spoiler forum...Poirot

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed a lot of people are wondering why Abigail would set up a romantic evening after find out that Ben's father has been arrested. Well I think it's in one of the newest romance guides. It lists the usual occasions: anniversaries, birthdays, job promotions. Then the last one is your future father-in-law is arrested under suspicion of being a psychopathic drug lord.

It goes on to state that this should only be an occasion If and Only if the future father-in-law adopts a blue collar style of dress and the speech patterns of a southern rube. And it states it's best if your fiancee is a serial killer. I know I found it to be a strangely specific rule. I mean what are the odds?

Last edited:
The thing that is interesting to me is that Will's murder seemed to happen because he had figured out the truth whereas the others were because Ben was trying to frame Chad. I guess you could also argue that Marlena was because she is a credible witness who doubted Chad. Lots of characters have mentioned that someone who goes for help wouldn't actually be the killer. Then today the gloves issue. Seems to me Ben is getting sloppy.
I agree. The other murders were definitely premeditated with the intent to frame Chad, but this one was a "crime of passion", as Ben realized that Will figured him out. He was definitely sloppy with the killing of Will because he didn't plan to kill Will! He did end up with gloves on at some point, because in Will's apartment, I'm pretty sure he took one off to answer the phone with Abby called. But still plenty of time to have fingerprints all over Will's stuff. I assume the cops will figure out that the patterns aren't quite the same, except that Will was strangled with a red necktie, but I hope that those details won't take them off-course, thinking it was a copycat. Either way, I really hope there is enough evidence on Will to lock Ben up.

Just thought of something: Will brought over his wedding stuff for Abby. I would assume he intended to leave it there, but Ben took it back to Will's apartment in the body bag. Wonder if Abby will realize that something is up with that, or if it will just be overlooked? It certainly gave Will a reason to go to Abby's apartment, and it gave Will a chance to reminisce with the wedding pictures, which them prompted him to call Sonny. But, I wonder if the packet of wedding stuff will play one more role in the story, and help Abby become suspicious of Ben? Maybe not... but it just crossed my mind.

Edited to add one more thing: I guess they'll be able to officially remove "necktie strangler" from Clyde's list of accusations, since he was in jail at the time of the most recent murder.

Last edited:
I also thought it was odd that he moved the wedding stuff, especially since Abby had seen it already. I'm thinking Ben may not know that Abby saw Will before she left the apartment. That might be his biggest mistake.

I have more to say about Ben but I think I'm going to start a new thread

I'm wondering what kind of DNA they can actually get from a tie. We saw no blood or other bodily fluids during the attack. Unless they find Ben's skin under Will's fingernails or something like that. So far these murders seem pretty "clean" which is why the cops are stumped.

I have to say I'm really surprised Will didn't at least try to fight back once Ben slammed the door shut. He should have pushed him or kicked him or even screamed.

It does seem as if Ben has 2 different personas. One minute we see him crying about Will and the next he is leaving red tie on the body as his mark of fame. So he's not even trying to cover this up.

True, I shouldn't have said DNA, but there could be some kind of evidence skin follicles or something maybe lol. But l am sad and surprised still that Will is no more.

DNA is found inside discarded rubber gloves. Some of the tests are so sensitive that the results end up meaningless to a jury. We can expect much wider DNA nets to be cast in the near future. Big changes in genealogy and paternity searches!

Epithelial cells on Ben's hands. I watched of all three versions of CSI. I remember these being a reference to on an episode of CSI: Miami. Where is Horatio Caine when you need him? He would get right in Ben's face, not to mention Clyde's.

I found an article having to do with DNA typing of epithelial cells after strangulation I think they could get off the tie. Which were transferred from the hands of the suspect onto the neck of the victim if they exhume Will's body, they may find Ben's fingerprints on Will's eyelids.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Abby doesn't suspect Ben, I'm going to question her sanity. I just rewatched Friday after watching today's episode. She knows that Will was at the apartment, and when she's talking to Lucas, her supposition when she couldn't get ahold of Ben is that Will and Ben had to have crossed paths at the apartment. She told Lucas that, so hopefully, he will also remember what she said. Plus, Will made several calls and sent some texts from there. His phone records will show how long he was there. Ben should at least be questioned.

And if Abby had in her mind that Clyde could frame Chad because of her, she has to think that Ben might have the same motive. If she went to the police, they should wrap this up by Friday... but we know they won't.

Wait a second.......When did Abby tell Lucas that Ben & Will had to have crossed paths??? Abby did not even talk to Lucas today.

Back