Days of Our Lives - Fri. Sept.17, 2010

I guess she had to move the remains in case somebody should look into the her former resting place and see that the remains were still in there. And now Brady can't put them back for the same reason, so long as he is holding Vivian. What I don't understand is how can they proceed with the dedication service with Vivian missing? I'm eager to see what Brady has planned.

Did I miss it or did they show how Brady got Vivian into the sarcophagus? Poof there was a commercial and then she was inside. Since EJ is close to death, it would be nice to see EJ’s mother Susan Banks come back for a few episodes. Eileen Davidson is currently of The Young and The Restless, but you’d think they could arrange something. Brady is so terrific in this bad boy storyline, congratulations Eric Mastoff for a job well done.

The soaps just don't do that, not even for "a good cause".
And no, they did not show how Brady got Viv in, Heck, the lid was open......all he had to do was pick her up and put her in, close the lid. I loved when they showed him just sitting atop the lid. I knew right away what he must have done.

The soaps just don't do that, not even for "a good cause".
And no, they did not show how Brady got Viv in, Heck, the lid was open......all he had to do was pick her up and put her in, close the lid. I loved when they showed him just sitting atop the lid. I knew right away what he must have done.

Yeah Brady was pretty cute sitting on the top of the lid basking in his bad boy deed. Are those darn sarcophagus usually so wide? They could get two people in this one, hey how about Carly and Vivian?

It think the show liked the word. LOL. Cuz actually, it looks like a pretty wide coffin to me. LOL
Those Egyptian ones are shaped much differently...but then, Isabella has been dead for many years. Maybe her coffin was supposed to fit inside this one???

Back when Carly was in the coffin, it was fairly large, as she could move around in it and bang on the cover. So it was custom made.

Usually modern coffins are fairly close fitting. I don't think anyone would be able to raise their arms to bang on the lid if they were unfortunate enough to be buried alive.

Also you have to consider the camera and sound equipment installed inside. Both for the story purposes, and the constraints for filming the shows.

The cameras & sound equipment are NOT installed inside, They either lift the lid, and also take the side down. The camera comes in very close. Those guys are definitely experts at those kinds of things. Coffins usually have rounded tops, so yes, someone could lift their arms up somewhat. That sarcophagus is obviously soundproofed, supposedly has wiring in it.....probably under, as the thing is quite deep.

Yet another great show. Brady is playing this bad boy part to perfection. His facial expressions when responding to Vivian's jabber are the best, such as when Viv said "if you leave me in hear I'll be as good as dead". Yep Brady's sheepish grin definitely said 'that's ok with me!"

Loved Victor and Maggie today but thought their admiration for one another was moving a little fast. We've seen a wonderful relationship developing now slow down just a little, after all Maggie still has to accept Victor for who he is or Victor has a lot of changing to do! Need to see a little more of Caroline also and how she is or is not accepting this buddy relationship.

Lexi was so intense today. Out of all the folks at the hospital I felt the most compassion for her. She genuinely loves her brother regardless of his faults.

Sami, Sami, Sami conflicted and sorry for what she has done (or not). She did say to EJ "I have loved you and hated you, sometimes at the same time. I never thought it would end like this".

but the burning question is:

How does she pee?

Through the straw of course (LOL)! I would imagine the same as always. I guess the writers didn't think of the consequences of leaving a live body in the coffin for an extended period of time. We didn't see Brady put Viv in the coffin, hopefully we won't see the actual taking her out of the coffin.

Maybe the straw is soundproof, too??? :confused:

I haven't even watched Thursday's episode yet, and I fast-forwarded everything on Friday that didn't have Maggie, Victor, Brady, or Vivian in it, and that was plenty.

I am loving Brady. He is hilariously macabre in his scenes with Vivian. And Louise Sorel's understated terror is awe-inspiring. Just loved Brady sprawled out on the bed talking to Vivian on the monitor. So happy Vivian's laptop is different from everyone else's.

Maggie and Victor are so refreshingly honest with each other. It's so unusual for a couple in a soap. And well they should be. They are both mature adults who have experienced a lot of life and they are wiser for the wear.

Fantastic scenes. Days is getting better and better all the time.

Thanks for the summation, Barb!

Back